shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
OMG OTL - I'm so jealous!!! Please post a ton of pics...and if you have any extra tsavs that you want to get rid of just let me know ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL,
Please let us know how the tsavorite and transaction goes.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono said:
OTL,
Please let us know how the tsavorite and transaction goes.
katharath|1434426829|3889738 said:
OMG OTL - I'm so jealous!!! Please post a ton of pics...and if you have any extra tsavs that you want to get rid of just let me know ;-)

Certainly will do!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are many PSers who sell stones at one time or another. But there are few who are comparable to Colorluvr for the following reasons:

1) she knows her stuff. She has been a seasoned collector for years and knows the good stuff.
2) She is so easy to deal with.
3) Her prices are so truly inexpensive for what she is selling. In fact, I shied away from buying her stones for years because her prices were cheap (she truly believes that she is selling "used" stones, whether she has set them or not, and therefore gives quite a price break).
4) Her photos, with all due respect, are not the best, so the stones - contrary to other sellers who show the stones only at their best - should be even better in hand than her photos would indicate.

I have no relationship to CL, or vested interest in her selling; I do know from seeing her jewelry here over the years that she has beautiful stones. If someone is on the market and wants to try out a new stone, please consider buying from her. Right now, she has for sale some amazing stones - chrysoberyls, sapphires, and a fire opal for example - along with some beautiful rings. Someone should buy these!

loupetroop.com/users/kimicarol (I cannot seem to copy the link to her things for sale on LT; instead I've written what the link says and will let you figure out how to make it a useable link. ;)) )

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1434996262|3892692 said:
There are many PSers who sell stones at one time or another. But there are few who are comparable to Colorluvr for the following reasons:

1) she knows her stuff. She has been a seasoned collector for years and knows the good stuff.
3) Her prices are so truly inexpensive for what she is selling. In fact, I shied away from buying her stones for years because her prices were cheap (she truly believes that she is selling "used" stones, whether she has set them or not, and therefore gives quite a price break).
4) Her photos, with all due respect, are not the best, so the stones - contrary to other sellers who show the stones only at their best - should be even better in hand than her photos would indicate.

I have no relationship to CL, or vested interest in her selling; I do know from seeing her jewelry here over the years that she has beautiful stones. If someone is on the market and wants to try out a new stone, please consider buying from her. Right now, she has for sale some amazing stones - chrysoberyls, sapphires, and a fire opal for example - along with some beautiful rings. Someone should buy these!

loupetroop.com/users/kimicarol (I cannot seem to copy the link to her things for sale on LT; instead I've written what the link says and will let you figure out how to make it a useable link. ;)) )

minousbijoux you are so right. :) She is a classy lady and just the sweetest person ever.

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock

I will echo all of minous' points as I made my first LT purchase from Colorluvr and will never sell my beautiful unheated pale pink sapphire. Not only did I get a true deal, but she was super friendly and easy to work with on the purchase. And when I opened the package, I literally sucked air at the sight of the stone. It was a thousand times prettier IRL . :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1435022229|3892867 said:

minousbijoux you are so right. :) She is a classy lady and just the sweetest person ever.

I know, right?!! It always feels good to buy from a really nice PSer.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+4 on the recommendation. I was looking for a certain colored stone and colorluvr had one. She could've charged me a lot more than she did. GREAT SELLER who knows her stones.

I would've bought this Gary Braun chrysoberyl in a heartbeat if I didn't decide to just settle on my sample stone. (In fact I almost did before she reduced her prices).

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loos...dot-73ct-gary-braun-precision-cut-chrysoberyl

1_396.jpg

Been contemplating the Lisa Elser Rubelite but really trying to behave and use the stones/settings I have before buying more (so someone will do me a favor by buying it :angel: )

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loos...ushion-rubellite-tourmaline-cut-by-lisa-elser

lisaerubelite.jpg

Here are links to all of her listings:
Adding the links to colorluvr's listings

http://loupetroop.com/users/kimicarol
http://diamondbistro.com/other/636/seller.html

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
Love that chrysoberyl, I thought it was a little pricey though am I wrong? *gets credit card ready

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that chryso posted. Unfortunately I am on a stone buying ban 8-)

One of the sibling Asschers cut by Doug has become available. I would snap this myself (pre-ban) but I already have # 807 of this series which is now on it's way to the jeweller.
Here are the specs:
#808, Natural Blue Topaz, Asscher Cut, 10.9x10.9x8.88mm, 8.15ct
You can contact Doug Menadue of Bespoke Gems if you are interested

_31473.jpg

_31474.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh??? :confused: I thought ALL the top colour natural blue topazes have been spoken for?!

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1435346294|3894883 said:
Eh??? :confused: I thought ALL the top colour natural blue topazes have been spoken for?!

Shulaibaoma changed her mind.... So this stone became available again

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1435347674|3894894 said:

Acinom, I think you should just buy it and make a GIANT PAIR OF EARRINGS!!! :naughty:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
mochiko42|1435368280|3895030 said:
Acinom|1435347674|3894894 said:

Acinom, I think you should just buy it and make a GIANT PAIR OF EARRINGS!!! :naughty:

Great idea! Or you could buy it Mochiko, I don't think Acinom is too into earrings. :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whahahaha! Lovinggems is tight Mochiko! I am not into earrings: I have been wearing the same diamond studs for ages and am still happy with it.

What about you: do you fancy a matching pendant :naughty:
I did ask for separate photo's of the #808 by the way. But since I am on a ban... :twisted:

_31534.jpg

_31535.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
Whahahaha! Lovinggems is tight Mochiko! I am not into earrings: I have been wearing the same diamond studs for ages and am still happy with it.

What about you: do you fancy a matching pendant :naughty:
I did ask for separate photo's of the #808 by the way. But since I am on a ban... :twisted:
My dear, I think the word "ban" must have a different meaning in Dutch [emoji16]. Lol! A pendant would be beautiful though, 11mm is a good size for a pendant. I'm mostly wearing my diamond studs these days too. Do yours have friction backs or screw backs? Mine are only friction backs but I'm a little worried they will fall off!

I think I really have to slow down now and start planning /saving for setting the stones that I already have. I might trim down the existing collection a bit more as I prioritize which stones I want to set first.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did enquire about the top colour Asscher, however, decided against it when Doug mentioned there were others who had expressed their interests.

Besides, I am about to pull the trigger on something else. :naughty:

I hope it stays within the PS CS family.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1435393482|3895116 said:
I did enquire about the top colour Asscher, however, decided against it when Doug mentioned there were others who had expressed their interests.

Besides, I am about to pull the trigger on something else. :naughty:

I hope it stays within the PS CS family.

I cannot wait to hear what you are up to this time DK!

And yes... I hope the Asscher stays within the PS community.

Mochiko: my ban has already started with a stone ban. I will only set my remaining stones (the Danburite and 2 topazes) which will probably take until the beginning of 2016. So my ban is a serious matter :twisted: I can give a masterclass on the topic :lol:

_31539.jpg

lucida23

Rough_Rock
New here.. I wrote in to enquire on the price of the blue topaz also. But I'm not too sure on the value of blue topaz? Is it the normal price range of how much such stones will cost? In addition yellow topaz would be my birthstone rather than blue topaz, november, so I'm not sure if i should stick yo buying yellow. I love blue though but hoping for a sapphire in near future..

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lucida23|1435399706|3895130 said:
New here.. I wrote in to enquire on the price of the blue topaz also. But I'm not too sure on the value of blue topaz? Is it the normal price range of how much such stones will cost? In addition yellow topaz would be my birthstone rather than blue topaz, november, so I'm not sure if i should stick yo buying yellow. I love blue though but hoping for a sapphire in near future..

Personally and IMHO, it is a bargain, considering it is natural, and a substantial size/weight, and gorgeous colour, therefore, it ticks all the boxes for me, otherwise I would not have purchased the larger Supernova.

However, it does not tick all the boxes for others, for a start, colour is very personal, and not everyone likes this sort of pale blue, whereas I love it.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

I love the subdued understated colour of the natural blue topaz and I think that the price per carat is reasonable. However due to the size of the stone, the overall price is significant so I guess it comes down to whether you love the stone and if you'd be willing to spend 1k on a topaz.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1435401308|3895141 said:
I love the subdued understated colour of the natural blue topaz and I think that the price per carat is reasonable. However due to the size of the stone, the overall price is significant so I guess it comes down to whether you'd be willing to spend 1k on a topaz.

Doug quotes in AUD, and the Asscher will be less than 1k USD, bargain for the reasons I mentioned above, otherwise I would not have purchased the Supernova. :bigsmile:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It also depends on how much treatment you're comfortable with. You can get a super bright blue topaz that's irradiated for way cheaper.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like a Chrysoberyl for my next stone. This one is a bit too large for what I have in mind but I'm sure someone here would like this size. It's from Simply Sapphires and is 2.83 cts Round Brilliant 8.8mm for $461 USD. It's very olive looking to me which I've read is desirable in Chrysoberyls.

ceylon_green_rb_chrysoberyl_2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imo, that is not saturated enough of a chrysoberyl to pique my interest. Olive coloring implies that it is not very saturated and has some brown in it. The most sought after chrysos are highly saturated and glow, like neon markers. :))

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1435883370|3898193 said:
Imo, that is not saturated enough of a chrysoberyl to pique my interest. Olive coloring implies that it is not very saturated and has some brown in it. The most sought after chrysos are highly saturated and glow, like neon markers. :))

Interesting. It goes against what I read but I do prefer brighter colors.

ETA: And I know that you really know your CS

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone Hunter|1435889425|3898233 said:
minousbijoux|1435883370|3898193 said:

Interesting. It goes against what I read but I do prefer brighter colors.

Chrysoberyls are very sparkly and the neon colors of yellow and green are desirable. The ones that color shift can also be beautiful. I have a bright greenish/yellow that shifts to an orange color on most of the facets. But........the yellow does not compliment my skin tone at all. I have heard at least one male state he preferred an olive chrysoberyl because it was more "masculine." It is all a matter of preference.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results