Tried new vendor, what do you think?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
This mint tourmaline, I will say it's a very big disappointment,
I will post the vendor pic first.

qq20150309191040.png

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
and this is what I received. I will say the pictures I took are very accurate and reflect truely what I see in person

I am genuinely wondering, where is that blue and green color in the picture? Why am I receiving a yellowish green corpse color stone?
From the cutting I can tell it's the same stone. But with such a color difference? :nono:

This is a highly sought after color?

img_7336.jpg

img_7339.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I'm definitely going to return with absolutely no doubt, but the problem is this vendor is based in AU, and ship it back with a tracking number (small parcel) could cost me $50, should I or should the seller cover this cost?

img_7341.jpg

img_7342.jpg

img_7346.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow the background of the vendor picture is blue. Not off-white blue, it's BLUE. I can understand needing to adjust the color a little bit to reflect what is seen in real life, that is too much.

I would ask the vendor if they are willing to pay for shipping. Regardless of who pays for shipping, I would send the stone back.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about misrepresentation. I think the vendor should cover the cost, so good luck on that. That's really awful, so very sorry. :(sad

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1425958837|3844700 said:
Talk about misrepresentation. I think the vendor should cover the cost, so good luck on that. That's really awful, so very sorry. :(sad

I just don't understand why people sell a stone with such a different picture, what's the point? Who will be satisfied with a misrepresentation like this :(sad I can't seem to figure out

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
pregcurious|1425955632|3844682 said:
Wow the background of the vendor picture is blue. Not off-white blue, it's BLUE. I can understand needing to adjust the color a little bit to reflect what is seen in real life, that is too much.

I would ask the vendor if they are willing to pay for shipping. Regardless of who pays for shipping, I would send the stone back.
+1, I think somehow the vendor a little bit of money from shipping.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
OTL|1425959853|3844706 said:

I just don't understand why people sell a stone with such a different picture, what's the point? Who will be satisfied with a misrepresentation like this :(sad I can't seem to figure out
I think some people get carried away with Photoshopping, and also don't understand that repeat business is good business.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1425959853|3844706 said:

I know one vendor that told a client of his that he has an 80% return rate. She told me this after she was upset having to return three of his gems. His photos are known for not being accurate either. He must like returns, even though he says he doesn't. :rolleyes:

I guess some vendors figure that in the long run, as long as they find the buyer who is not going to return the misrepresented item, they're doing well. They must have such unattractive stones, that this photoshop/enhancement, is the only way they can get stones to move, even if there are a high rate of returns. I personally think this will backfire, because a good reputation is your best advertisement.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
:(

Looks like the daylight color of zultanite - extremely ugly!!!

This is no mistake - it is a fraud!!!

The vendor has to return the money and offer an opportunity to return the stone for free! It is unbelievable!!!

I think photoshopping is sometimes o.k. if you try to get the REAL color...

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Who is the vendor?

I hope the return process goes smoothly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, that is disappointing! :blackeye:
I don't get why some vendors photoshop to any extent let alone that extent. Do they think that buyers won't go to the trouble of returning the gems so they will make money that way? Whatever happened to truth in advertising (haha I know the answer to that oxymoron sadly) and building your reputation through honesty and quality?

Sorry about your disappointment and hope you find one with an amazing color. And I also hope the vendor pays for the cost of return shipping and refunds your shipping costs if you had to pay costs to have it shipped to you in the first place.

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Does it have the same yellow green hue in all lighting, including LED lighting?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, the OP's own pics are truer to the description of "mint green", and the vendor's pic is more green-blue to me.

I too would be disappointed by the stone in real life as it lacks the "blue" tone in the vendor's pic.

DK :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, if we ignore metaphors, this is yellowish green, with low saturation (a lot of grey).

img_7339.jpg

The vendor's pic is bluish green with strong saturation (next to no grey).

The only thing the two photos have in common, as far as color is concerned, is the green primary color, but saturation, modifiers and secondary color are totally off.

You can also tell that there might be something wrong with his photo because the background is blue. Unless he took the pic on a blue background (which he shouldn't anyways), it should be a neutral color like grey or white. If the background he used is truly grey or white, it should not be blue in his pics. That means the actual color is way off. The background of OTL's photo is grey, so her photo is obviously more true to the actual stone color.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I was just considering a couple of stones from this vendor. Thanks for posting this OTL.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Seller responded and accepted return, but refund will less shipping cost. Claimed there is no mistake made, so both shipping cost will be on buyer's cost.

To quote the email of Trudy from gemhunters.com.au

"the photo's in my description is a good example of the gemstone
as with all gems - the lighting while taking a photo shows all gems in different ways

I have not described the gemstone incorrectly.

My policy is that I will do a refund on the purchase if I have listed the stone incorrectly
like if I listed weight and size or colour wrong - which I did not.

NO postage is not refundable - there was no mistake made

Please don't be unreasonable in asking for postage costs to be given you, as I posted this to you via EMS International courier with tracking number, the price I paid to post to you is on receipt, I have proof of cost - I have the receipt and postage cost on record
the postage cost to you is not refundable it cost me $28 to post via courier

You need to send back the stone via tracking as proof you have sent it and that I have received it
I will weigh and measure stone - if I agree you are genuine and the gemstone is OT21
then refund will be given on purchase price of the gemstone - minus postage cost
This is standard worldwide.

please stay respectful
and we will both get through this misfortune with mutual trust of each other and respect.

Questioning my honesty that it is the same stone - really?
please don't let us argue - return the gemstone as per instructions and I will refund you price of item."

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
And here are some more pictures I received from seller to prove that she made no mistake

Even though these pictures are still saturation enhanced, but you can see the yellow in the stones now. Unlike the website picture which has absolute no yellow and very bluish.
And the real stone saturation still can't reach these pictures.

I would maybe accept and keep the stone if it is same as these 2nd time pictures, even if yellowish, still somewhat pretty. And not as postel as the real stone.

But.....seller post the most unrealistic picture to sell the stone and claimed there is no mistake, asked me to be respectful.

The most respect I will give is to tell the truth.

ot21__9_.jpg

ot21__13_.jpg

ot21_a.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
LoversKites|1425971467|3844759 said:
Who is the vendor?

I hope the return process goes smoothly.

It's gemhunters.com.au

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Even the color between her own pictures are so different :(sad

ot21.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1426006674|3845000 said:
"I have not described the gemstone incorrectly."

I disagree with her.

Accurate photography is part of the description and she was way off in "describing" it to you.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1426008209|3845021 said:
OTL|1426006674|3845000 said:
"I have not described the gemstone incorrectly."

I disagree with her.

Accurate photography is part of the description and she was way off in "describing" it to you.

Thank you TL, but clearly this seller is unwilling to lose any $$ in this sale, and put all risks on buyer.

I have bought stones from PS recommended sellers and very disappointed with the stone, and it is certified after I purchase. But because the color is very unsatisfied, the seller accept return and refund the certificate cost and shipping cost. I am thankful with a customer service like this.

But re this seller, PSers, please be very careful and have high alert in mind if ever purchase from this seller.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Aren't these the people from the TV show? They also sell zultinite. Trudy is very aggressive, isn't she? They made up stuff on the TV show, they just think they can get away with it on line. Stone looks nothing like the photo. Sorry for you.

Annette

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
smitcompton|1426021280|3845155 said:
Hi,

Aren't these the people from the TV show? They also sell zultinite. Trudy is very aggressive, isn't she? They made up stuff on the TV show, they just think they can get away with it on line. Stone looks nothing like the photo. Sorry for you.

Annette

What TV show? I have no idea. I just found them on PS. Well, I'm not interested in their TV show at all now.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting... I purchased two stones from GemHunters quite recently. One was exactly as photographed/described so I was happy but the other was not - I asked to return it and she also refused for a variety of reasons (cost of postage etc) As it was a cheap stone, I agreed to keep it as a learner stone but I will certainly be very cautious before buying from them again.

Oh and they are NOT actually located in Australia although the website appears that way - they are located in Bangkok at the moment.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Trudy be trippin'!

Bad reputation cost way more than shipping.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
HotPozzum|1426024972|3845180 said:
Interesting... I purchased two stones from GemHunters quite recently. One was exactly as photographed/described so I was happy but the other was not - I asked to return it and she also refused for a variety of reasons (cost of postage etc) As it was a cheap stone, I agreed to keep it as a learner stone but I will certainly be very cautious before buying from them again.

Oh and they are NOT actually located in Australia although the website appears that way - they are located in Bangkok at the moment.

Yes, the address they provided for return is in Thailand.

Well, sounds like if they accept your return it is already a mercy....Well...

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1426025314|3845184 said:
Trudy be trippin'!

Bad reputation cost way more than shipping.

:clap: :clap:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh.. Why are vendors wasting their customers' and their own time by not giving a realistic presentation of the stone AND risk their reputation. :read:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her reply pisses me off so I can only imagine it aggravates you too.
Very unfair of Trudy from gemhunters.com.au and I would definitely avoid any business with her in the future. That is just not right. The stone does *not* look like her vendor pics and she should refund the full amount including shipping both ways.
Sorry you are dealing with this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results