carat
color
clarity

Tried new vendor, what do you think?

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to give my two cents.

(OTL -- Congrats on your pregnancy!)

Photographs can be misleading --- even if the photographer is trying to get the best photo to represent the stone.

Case in point:

Remember the dress hoopla a few weeks ago? Is it a white and gold dress? Or is it blue and black?

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
OTL: Congratulations, whether it is your 1, 2, 3, 4th or more kiddo-it is a true blessing!

I thought I would chime in, debated on whether or not I should. I will say that I would have sent the stone in question back. The funny thing is not one or two days before this post, I actually purchased some chrysoberyls from Trudy at Gemhunters. It was an easy transaction, and she even emailed me after the purchase hoping that I would like the gems. They did arrive a couple days ago, and overall I was pleased. Were they exactly as pictured...no, but rarely nothing to my eye ever is (oddly enough the only vendor whose pictures almost always resemble what my eyes see are Dana Reynolds at Mastercutgems). I was mostly expecting this, but also knew, as does everyone else on pricescope, lighting, and geographic lattitude can alter color a lot. I found that it seems that LED assisted or LED predominant lighting with yellow modified gems does make them more green. Thus, this vendors pics were correct in some instances, but not all. Is this an apples to apples comparison to OTL's gem, not at all, totally different species. However, I thought it would be best to post some pics just so others can see what I see.

I just want to say one last thing, I'm really happy for OTL, my kids (and dog) make me laugh and enjoy life more and more everyday, so a heartfelt congrats.

Vendor pics:

_27990.jpg

_27991.jpg

_27992.jpg

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Indoors, incandescent only, no LED lighting added. Picture does wash out the true color of the gem somewhat, it is slightly more saturated than this. However, I wanted to take a picture instantly after this with LED assisted lighting to display the color shift, so this picture had to suffice.

_27999.jpg

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Addition of LED lighting (via my running headlamp for evening/morning runs) to existing incandescent lighting. I see much more green appear now.

_28000.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats OTL!!!

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Another 2, less illustrative pictures of the same effect. First picture without LED. It seems LED lights do have a slight blue hue to them, hence the altering of a yellow to green (yellow + blue = green). In diffused daylight, my stone is a mix of all the pictures...no big surprise there.

_28001.jpg

_28002.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm hoping that Trudy sticks around to see that three PSers have bought from them and disclosed it here. One was happy with their stones, one was really not happy at all, and one was happy with one and sent the other back. Not all bad considering the vendor photos, and hopefully, we have helped Trudy with some good picture taking tips. :))

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Could the vendor's picture be more misleading? I will return it for sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results