shape
carat
color
clarity

True Confessions

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want all of your annoying fur-babies! Since we've moved, I haven't had a pet for 9 months, and it's very bizare. I'm trying convince SO that we should, but he doesn't want to 'mess up' the house =(

I also change into comfy clothes as soon as I get home. I don't really wear pjs, but I have 'house clothes', aka sweat pants and tank tops that I will wear. So nice!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
OVincze|1425331209|3840853 said:
This thread is hilarious and so true.

Wow, I never thought anyone else wore pj-s at home, I do and cannot stop it, sometimes I am scolded by my mom and I love doing this, viva pj-s! It can be really embarrassing as when I order food or the mailman comes in the morning I am always in pjs, I am pjs in the evening too after taking a bath when I am at home. I think there is a huge difference and people may not even recognize me or are shocked, well, they do seem to recognize me but when I go out anywhere I am always fully stylish, in a dress, heels, makeup, hair done, bling of course and then there is the pj girl. I am only slightly embarrassed about it anymore. To add I also wear a red hooded bathrobe over it, now talk about hideous, I think people down the streets used to laugh when they saw me outside in my home attire. I really thought I was the only one and it is a horrible addiction I cannot stop. In the summer it may be a night dress which is at least hmm somewhat sexy but forget it in the winter.

I sometimes hate my dogs, I hate to confess this, ok not hate them, but come on I am a cat person and have had cats all my life. Now two hunting dogs ruining my yard and driving me nuts, I never thought dogs were this hard, cats are so easy, even psycho ones lol, loved that story. My Niello was a psycho cat as a kitten but I trained him with a spray bottle, he used to enjoy hunting down my legs and bite and scratch them to pieces. He was a stray foster too. He truly changed though. Give psycho kitty time and some training. Niello remained a character through his whole life and I miss his naughty antics and screaming all night if he felt like it.

The dogs though, if they decide they are in that mood, they bang on my door nonstop. They make a horrendous mess, jump all over me even with the best training and keep wrecking the fence so they can follow me when I leave to work. I somehow must also confess that I cannot get used to all the slobbering they do, cats are cuddly, clean, good smelling. Ok, the dogs are growing on me but are hard.

I used to wear fake jewelry all the time. I have a huge collection, only one brand too, it was a designer that made really cool designs that I truly loved. I would not be caught dead wearing them anymore. A huge waste they were.

I cannot stop projects, hunting for gems and jewelry projects, I have one under way and I must already have two other projects lined up and a gem purchase going on. I am in serious trouble and talk about the sudden, impulse purchases in the midst of that. Worst addiction for sure. In addition, I must also hunt for shoes, bags, dresses, you name it. I am really strict with myself when it comes to perfumes anymore at least. I have tons. I also have no idea how much money I wasted on cosmetics and how many bags of it I have given away and not cheap stuff. These days I am at least not doing that anymore, I have really streamlined what I am using at the moment.

I also hate splitting food, it is not not wanting to share, I will happily buy the other person the same but I want mine to be mine and eat as much of it as I want.

I am a terrible worrier too, better by now but still bad. I am especially bad at worrying about not being good enough for others and not being able to make others happy. I am working hard on this.

I do not tell my mom about many of my purchases, she would never understand and think of it as wasting money. I never tell her about dresses as she thinks that it is only ok to buy them second hand and she is very controlling this way.

I hate people chewing loudly too. I cannot tolerate it at all.

What a fun thread.
We should come up with other stuff, I am sure there are tons more.

I am the same - I have two completely different styles. When I'm out, I'm all made up (nice clothes, designer heels, make-up, hair done, and of course, the perfect handbag). When I'm at home, I'm in sweat pants, a t-shirt, and a fleecy/fuzzy coat (because I'm always cold). I have a collection of Northface fleecy coats just for wearing around the house :)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I am in such great company here. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one who has to wear the cute outfits, shoes, accessories, and makeup for when I leave the house and my pj's and ratty bathrobe for when I'm at home. My husband keeps threatening that one day I'm going to go to run errands and the bathrobe is going to be burned when I return. He has bought me 4 new bathrobes and I still won't throw the ratty one out. I would die if anyone other than my husband saw me in this ugly thing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1425344455|3840933 said:
I feel like I am in such great company here. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one who has to wear the cute outfits, shoes, accessories, and makeup for when I leave the house and my pj's and ratty bathrobe for when I'm at home. My husband keeps threatening that one day I'm going to go to run errands and the bathrobe is going to be burned when I return. He has bought me 4 new bathrobes and I still won't throw the ratty one out. I would die if anyone other than my husband saw me in this ugly thing.

;))

My confession is NOT that I like polka dots...b/c I do and likely have mentioned that elsewhere on PS. BUT there might be a story about PD's, and (favorite) bathrobe robes, and husbands that....that..... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am drinking LIPTON's green tea with an orange/mango/ginger (or something) flavor - and I'm LIKING IT!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a pair of Lee brand (!) jeans with a waistband where my waist actually is (not somewhere well south of my belly button) and I'm SO enjoying them! Mom jeans. Love em!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1425344803|3840937 said:
Calliecake|1425344455|3840933 said:

;))

My confession is NOT that I like polka dots...b/c I do and likely have mentioned that elsewhere on PS. BUT there might be a story about PD's, and (favorite) bathrobe robes, and husbands that....that..... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon
I

Okay Sharon.... SPILL! I'm sure you have peaked everyone's curiosity with that comment!

Callie

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really really really hate men with pony tails when they are bald on top. It is as if they think extra length in the back makes up for nothing on top. Especially men with gray hair, balding and pony tails. :errrr: :errrr: :oops:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over the course of the past three weeks, I have eaten six pounds of raisins. This is what happens to a person when they give up candy!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I am like the rest of you who wear the pj's as lounge wear, but I am a bit worse. I will wear the same pair of shorts and a shirt for a 3-4 days in a row. Without washing them. Yup. I don't sweat in the clothes, and they're mostly clean, and no one sees me in them, so . . . I just keep wearing them. I especially like to wear one shirt that says "Save water, wear something dirty". So I do. :oops:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1425352949|3841010 said:
Over the course of the past three weeks, I have eaten six pounds of raisins. This is what happens to a person when they give up candy!!

I'm not sure if it's the same for regular people, but for a diabetics, raisins are the same as candy. They have a high glycemic index (66) because raisins have a lot of sugar without any fiber to offset it, plus the fructose hits the bloodstream very quickly. The glycemic index for M & M's is 33. So, the "sugar effect" in your bloodstream is higher for raisins than it is for some candy. Fruit juice is just about the worst thing you can put in your body, even the "no sugar added", natural kind. Just to really mess with your head, plain spaghetti pasta (58) is worse than M & M's, because all those carbs turn into sugar in the bloodstream. If you don't exercise away the carbs (or raisin sugar), they become fat. Since my husband has been diagnosed with diabetes, we've all been on the diabetes "diet". I still have chocolate on occasion, sometimes ice cream, cake, cookies, whatever. But I've lost 6 pounds without trying. It's all carb/sugar reduction.

But of course, I have no idea why you're giving up candy, and I applaud your effort. I just wanted to spout out a bunch of useless facts that I've been accumulating. :bigsmile: I find it all vaguely fascinating. Plus I was shocked when I realized that my husband shouldn't eat any type of dried or processed fruit, I thought all fruit would be fine for him. The human body is a bizarre thing.

Keep up the good work! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1425332574|3840865 said:
If your confession is a negative view toward a group I am apart of, its hard not to comment a descenting opinion.

I can understand that, that's reasonable. Didn't mean to offend you.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1425352456|3841005 said:
I really really really hate men with pony tails when they are bald on top. It is as if they think extra length in the back makes up for nothing on top. Especially men with gray hair, balding and pony tails. :errrr: :errrr: :oops:

Have you seen the "man buns"? DD showed me those on the internet. :wall:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG this thread is turning into hilarious confessions. Missy - when I am at home I don't wear a bra either, its more comfortable and the girls aren't that big that they need to be held up 24/7 :lol:

OzVince - I totally get that. I am a cat person too and we have 2 cats (one old one (my avatar) and one new one Zig the psycho kitty) and 5 dogs and I'm not a dog person. My husband is a dog person. He thought getting all the dogs would cure me of wanting any cats. Now we have 2 cats and 5 dogs that I love but like way way less than the cats (note to husband, how is that working for you....). And can I just say owning 5 dogs and the amount of dog poop I have to pick up on a daily basis :-o is about 2 to 3 dogs too many :lol: :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1425308969|3840711 said:
Confession, glad my kids are BACK in school In North carolina, so except for 1 day have been at home, doing nothing for the past 2 weeks, mostly inside due to bad weather (many people we knew lost power as well) . As a friend posted on Facebook "I can see my kids getting stupider before my eyes." Yeah yeah we could have been teaching them things, but instead it has been lots of tv and computer time, with occasional forays out.
So Thank you public school system! After this I cannot imagine home schooling my kids, kudos to those who can.

I bought a couple loose sapphires. Hubby and I are supposed to tell each other when we buy anything over 100, but I haven't told him yet. Well got 1 more day since supposed to be delivered Tuesday. He has also been in cranky mood because of being around the kids all day, so wanted to find a better time. I don't think he will care, just that I feel guilty because trying to be good about spending. :whistle:

Wow hubby must be in good mood, not only did he not care about me ordering the 2 side stones, he said go ahead on other stone too, it's not that much money! :o I guess I could order it and see what I think....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hear you House Cat. I literally eat almost a half pound of cashews a day. I don't know what would happen if I stop eating them because I know I am getting the majority of my daily calories from them. They are so good that it should be illegal how good they taste! And I must learn self control and stop eating so many! :shock:

arkieb1 said:
OMG this thread is turning into hilarious confessions. Missy - when I am at home I don't wear a bra either, its more comfortable and the girls aren't that big that they need to be held up 24/7 :lol:

With you completely on that issue. I remember I went through a time period where I started wearing one more often based on what other people said about if we don't wear one when we get older our breasts will sag more but I couldn't keep that up (haha get it lol) as it just wasn't worth it. And I can happily report decades later that the girls are still perky and firm and like yours they don't need the extra support. I guess one's MMV depending on the size of the girls however. True confession here- I am glad mine are not big and in fact would have been OK if they were smaller. :shhh:

ETA: True Confession #100...I have too many pairs of boots. :oops:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha! I love this thread! SO many of us are PJ girls!! My husband used to get upset with me for answering the door (for mail, etc.) in PJs, telling me to get dressed in case there might be a man at the door who would get the wrong idea, but now he's ok with me grabbing a quick bathrobe to put over my PJs or nightgown. A funny thing...somehow I was caught off guard for a few years with quarterly pest control (we live in a rural area) and our Terminix guy didn't recognize me the first time he saw me in regular clothes. Seriously! This is funny to me, because I don't wear makeup and my style is fairly (uh, very) casual. In his defense, though, I had lost weight in that quarter of a year since he had been here previously.

Here's a confession I feel pretty badly about. I am a cat person, too. I've had them all my life and they were my kids before I had kids. I still have them and adore them. I thought a dog would be similar to having a baby (so many people had said that), and I have had 4 babies, so I thought I could do it. I adopted a puppy and didn't last three days. I was crying, feeling like my life was over. The puppy went to the next person on the list. I put my kids through an intensely difficult few days and a bit of a heartbreak. This was one of my failures.

I don't mind splitting Chinese food entrees in a buffet-style situation, but I do not like ordering something in a regular restaurant and sharing it! And I don't like to order two separate things and split them with someone. On the occasions that I have done it, though, we've done the split on our plates before eating any of it.

I have a serious sensitivity to repetitive sounds. I HATE them. And I don't like noise at all.

Hee hee.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My girls must be too big as I cannot fathom how going brawless is more comfortable! Makes me feel like a floppy lumpy mess!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1425390096|3841184 said:
Confession, glad my kids are BACK in school In North carolina, so except for 1 day have been at home, doing nothing for the past 2 weeks, mostly inside due to bad weather (many people we knew lost power as well) . As a friend posted on Facebook "I can see my kids getting stupider before my eyes." Yeah yeah we could have been teaching them things, but instead it has been lots of tv and computer time, with occasional forays out.
So Thank you public school system! After this I cannot imagine home schooling my kids, kudos to those who can.

I bought a couple loose sapphires. Hubby and I are supposed to tell each other when we buy anything over 100, but I haven't told him yet. Well got 1 more day since supposed to be delivered Tuesday. He has also been in cranky mood because of being around the kids all day, so wanted to find a better time. I don't think he will care, just that I feel guilty because trying to be good about spending. :whistle:

Wow hubby must be in good mood, not only did he not care about me ordering the 2 side stones, he said go ahead on other stone too, it's not that much money! :o I guess I could order it and see what I think....

Part Gypsy, Order the stones! My mom gave me so very good advice years ago when I was newly married. She said if my husband ever gives me the go ahead on something I really want to do, do it quickly before he thinks about it and changes his mind. :angel:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1425395647|3841230 said:
part gypsy|1425390096|3841184 said:

Part Gypsy, Order the stones! My mom gave me so very good advice years ago when I was newly married. She said if my husband ever gives me the go ahead on something I really want to do, do it quickly before he thinks about it and changes his mind. :angel:
lol! He is being really nice but I'm more of the money minder, just don't think I could justify it, unless I got rid of something else to free up cash. I need to think about it.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here's one that makes me sound horrible. My son is 2.5. He prefaces every single thing he says with "mama." It's 8am and he's said "mama" at least 100 times so far. Sometimes he says it and then forgets what he was going to say after. I know I will miss this stage, but right now it makes me want to put in ear plugs.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earplugs are a good investment. You can still hear but it mutes it. :lol:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1425356419|3841044 said:

I'm not sure if it's the same for regular people, but for a diabetics, raisins are the same as candy. They have a high glycemic index (66) because raisins have a lot of sugar without any fiber to offset it, plus the fructose hits the bloodstream very quickly. The glycemic index for M & M's is 33. So, the "sugar effect" in your bloodstream is higher for raisins than it is for some candy. Fruit juice is just about the worst thing you can put in your body, even the "no sugar added", natural kind. Just to really mess with your head, plain spaghetti pasta (58) is worse than M & M's, because all those carbs turn into sugar in the bloodstream. If you don't exercise away the carbs (or raisin sugar), they become fat. Since my husband has been diagnosed with diabetes, we've all been on the diabetes "diet". I still have chocolate on occasion, sometimes ice cream, cake, cookies, whatever. But I've lost 6 pounds without trying. It's all carb/sugar reduction.

But of course, I have no idea why you're giving up candy, and I applaud your effort. I just wanted to spout out a bunch of useless facts that I've been accumulating. :bigsmile: I find it all vaguely fascinating. Plus I was shocked when I realized that my husband shouldn't eat any type of dried or processed fruit, I thought all fruit would be fine for him. The human body is a bizarre thing.

Keep up the good work! :appl:
Well, ok, so I eat whole 30. I am not supposed to be substituting anything for my bad habits. I am supposed to be breaking bad habits...BUT when you cut out all sugars, including honey and substitutes, gluten, and dairy....well, a girl's gotta have her raisins! I usually just eat this way, not just for 30 days because I feel fantastic and because I have a wheat and dairy sensitivity, but I fell off the wagon. That is why I am eating the raisins. I need them for a little while in order to get back on. But now that I have put into writing what an addict I have been, coupled with your information, I see that I really need to quit. Besides, my jeans ARE getting tight!

Thanks for the kick in the tight jeans! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
HouseCat, if you love them, then eat up! It sounds like you have a handle on it, and what I was saying was just a bunch of stuff I've learned. Everyone's so different, and if they help you, then go for it. :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
So in the last few weeks, my "keto/paleo" has included cookies made of real girl scouts, a lot of canadian smarties, and a ton of hi-chew. That counts, right ;-)

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
amc80 said:
Okay, here's one that makes me sound horrible. My son is 2.5. He prefaces every single thing he says with "mama." It's 8am and he's said "mama" at least 100 times so far. Sometimes he says it and then forgets what he was going to say after. I know I will miss this stage, but right now it makes me want to put in ear plugs.

:) This made me smile. I remember those days very well. When my boys went through this phase and I reached my "mama" limit, I would stop responding to "mama". I would tell them they had to call me "Princess Penelope". Made me smile and it was trickier for them to say so they would stop saying it constantly. I did receive some strange looks from people when my boys would call me "Princess Penelope" in public. :)

Boatluvr

Shiny_Rock
For those of you who are bothered by - or maybe even being driven crazy by various sounds there is a name for it (thanks Wikipedia);

Misophonia, literally "hatred of sound", is a rarely diagnosed neuropsychiatric disorder in which negative emotions (anger, flight, hatred, disgust) are triggered by specific sounds.[1] The sounds can be loud or soft.[2] The term was coined by American neuroscientists Pawel Jastreboff and Margaret Jastreboff[3] and is sometimes referred to as selective sound sensitivity syndrome.[4]

The illness has not been classified as a discrete disorder in DSM-5 or ICD-10; in 2013 three psychiatrists at the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam formulated diagnostic criteria for it and suggested that it be classified as a separate psychiatric disorder.[5]

My son REALLY hates me crunching on salad. Now I know why!

Cheers.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boatluvr|1425412631|3841378 said:
For those of you who are bothered by - or maybe even being driven crazy by various sounds there is a name for it (thanks Wikipedia);

Misophonia, literally "hatred of sound", is a rarely diagnosed neuropsychiatric disorder in which negative emotions (anger, flight, hatred, disgust) are triggered by specific sounds.[1] The sounds can be loud or soft.[2] The term was coined by American neuroscientists Pawel Jastreboff and Margaret Jastreboff[3] and is sometimes referred to as selective sound sensitivity syndrome.[4]

The illness has not been classified as a discrete disorder in DSM-5 or ICD-10; in 2013 three psychiatrists at the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam formulated diagnostic criteria for it and suggested that it be classified as a separate psychiatric disorder.[5]

My son REALLY hates me crunching on salad. Now I know why!

Cheers.
I can't even listen to songs that I hate. I will begin to feel this hot rage when "Love Shack" comes on... I have to be in charge of the music at all times. My poor family...

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Tourmaline|1425393072|3841210 said:
Haha! I love this thread! SO many of us are PJ girls!! My husband used to get upset with me for answering the door (for mail, etc.) in PJs, telling me to get dressed in case there might be a man at the door who would get the wrong idea, but now he's ok with me grabbing a quick bathrobe to put over my PJs or nightgown. A funny thing...somehow I was caught off guard for a few years with quarterly pest control (we live in a rural area) and our Terminix guy didn't recognize me the first time he saw me in regular clothes. Seriously! This is funny to me, because I don't wear makeup and my style is fairly (uh, very) casual. In his defense, though, I had lost weight in that quarter of a year since he had been here previously.

Here's a confession I feel pretty badly about. I am a cat person, too. I've had them all my life and they were my kids before I had kids. I still have them and adore them. I thought a dog would be similar to having a baby (so many people had said that), and I have had 4 babies, so I thought I could do it. I adopted a puppy and didn't last three days. I was crying, feeling like my life was over. The puppy went to the next person on the list. I put my kids through an intensely difficult few days and a bit of a heartbreak. This was one of my failures.

I don't mind splitting Chinese food entrees in a buffet-style situation, but I do not like ordering something in a regular restaurant and sharing it! And I don't like to order two separate things and split them with someone. On the occasions that I have done it, though, we've done the split on our plates before eating any of it.

I have a serious sensitivity to repetitive sounds. I HATE them. And I don't like noise at all.

Hee hee.

I've never heard puppies are like babies - however, I have heard that they are good training for learning how to care for babies (and I would agree having had both puppies and babies). Puppies can take months to train - just like babies take years…. Sorry the puppy didn't work out for you. Don't beat yourself up over it - the puppy probably found a good home elsewhere and at least you tried:)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1425409168|3841349 said:
So in the last few weeks, my "keto/paleo" has included cookies made of real girl scouts, a lot of canadian smarties, and a ton of hi-chew. That counts, right ;-)
I hear girl scouts are very high in protein!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results