color
clarity

True Confessions

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1425581673|3842322 said:
Jambalaya|1425580469|3842311 said:
Speaking of hating sounds....Not infrequently, I'm out somewhere and I realize, after a while, that all I've heard for the last 30 minutes is one person's voice. The person is always with a friend or a date, but the friend literally doesn't get a syllable out. The droner is going on and on and on and on, not drawing breath for up to two hours (if in a restaurant, say). This is not an infrequent occurrence. I'm amazed at how many people in the world seem to have no clue that it's the height of rudeness and selfishness to talk and talk and talk without letting someone else get a word in. (There are people in my community who do this, acquaintances, and I'm getting to the stage where I'm going to say to them "Look, you need to stop talking. You're going on and on and on." Haven't dared yet.

With strangers, I wouldn't dare do it either, but on leaving, I'd just LOVE to say to the person, "I've been here for one hour and all I've heard is your voice. Perhaps your friend would like to talk, too."

Or else I'd just give them a flying kick in the butt. :twisted:
My mother in law does this. One time, my husband and I decided to time her. We clocked 38 minutes without being able to get a single word in edgewise and we tried!! Now that we are totally aware of what she does, we just let her go on her verbal marathon. We just pull the phone away and giggle. What else can you do?

38 minutes! Baahahaaaa!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A list to start my confessions:

I lounge in sweat pants while home and will even answer the door and drop "A" off at school dressed this way. (Not going in, just letting her off in the early morning for her before school class so no one else is around)

I like country music. Especially the old stuff but a lot of New stuff too. Listen to it in the car and everywhere else I can. Managed to convert two country music haters to lovers. Working on DH now...

I just bought a silver and who knows what real or simulated something necklace for DH to give me for my b-day. Kind of pretty and something I can wear when I don't want to pull out the nice stuff.

I hate watermelon.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1425098576|3839617 said:
I am addicted to searching and buying jewelry on Ebay.
I'm somewhat obsessive compulsive, and when I get going on something, sometimes I can't stop.
I have always been this way, searching for just the perfect item I want, no stone left unturned.
I searched for months, every day, morning, noon and night for the perfect pair of diamond studs.
Then I had to have a Murano glass ring. I ended up with 5 cause I just couldnt stop myself from looking every day.
Then there was the search for Wedgwood jasperware jewelry. And the perfect diamond pendant.
I am currently hunting down the perfect sapphire ring, even though i just acquired one a few weeks ago. It's like I'm not satisfied, ever.
I have so much jewelry, more than anybody should, and it's still not enough.

You are in the right place here on PS! :lol:

edit; oh - I forgot to add my confession. I wear my PJ's to the barn to feed the horses every morning.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jambalaya|1425589249|3842397 said:
House Cat|1425581673|3842322 said:
Speaking of hating sounds....Not infrequently, I'm out somewhere and I realize, after a while, that all I've heard for the last 30 minutes is one person's voice. The person is always with a friend or a date, but the friend literally doesn't get a syllable out. The droner is going on and on and on and on, not drawing breath for up to two hours (if in a restaurant, say). This is not an infrequent occurrence. I'm amazed at how many people in the world seem to have no clue that it's the height of rudeness and selfishness to talk and talk and talk without letting someone else get a word in. (There are people in my community who do this, acquaintances, and I'm getting to the stage where I'm going to say to them "Look, you need to stop talking. You're going on and on and on." Haven't dared yet.

With strangers, I wouldn't dare do it either, but on leaving, I'd just LOVE to say to the person, "I've been here for one hour and all I've heard is your voice. Perhaps your friend would like to talk, too."

My mother in law does this. One time, my husband and I decided to time her. We clocked 38 minutes without being able to get a single word in edgewise and we tried!! Now that we are totally aware of what she does, we just let her go on her verbal marathon. We just pull the phone away and giggle. What else can you do?

38 minutes! Baahahaaaa!

My dear father sometimes (ahem) has this tendency as well. Once, we were talking on the phone (or rather, he was talking on the phone) when the call disconnected. I dialed back and got a busy signal. I got up, got my cell phone in my purse and call his cell. It rings, rings, rings until my mother eventually answers it.

"He is telling you that your name is showing on caller id and how curious that this error should happen just as he is talking to you."

Yup, he hadn't noticed I hadn't been on the line for 5 minutes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1425578745|3842300 said:
I am almost done with the brand new season of House of Cards. I was only released a few days ago. I watched 7 episodes within a 24 hour period. :oops:

Hahaha, we finished the complete season 3 in just 3 days LOL. Started watching last Saturday and finished by Tuesday. LOL. :cheeky:
It was good. :devil:

Another true confession-
Sometimes (more often than I care to admit) when I wake up and get out of bed in the morning I think to myself how I cannot wait to get back into bed when evening comes. That's right. Hardly awake for any time at all and I am already counting the hours till I can get right back into bed. :oops:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm where to start?

I watch all the jewelry shopping channels, sometimes for hours if hubby isn't at home, I just love to see jewelry

When not doing that, I am searching the internet for whatever interests me at that time, diamonds, sapphires, rubies, etc. I get obsessed until I find what I am looking for.

My teenage daughter watches Vampire Diaries, I am now hooked on it.

I have made small jewelry purchases my hubby does not know about. I have so much jewelry he wouldn't know what's new anyway.

As soon as I get home the bra comes off and I put on my "comfortables" P.J.'s or sweats and a t-shirt.

Ok, that's enough for now I guess.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
autumngems|1425650473|3842752 said:
Hmmmm where to start?

I watch all the jewelry shopping channels, sometimes for hours if hubby isn't at home, I just love to see jewelry

When not doing that, I am searching the internet for whatever interests me at that time, diamonds, sapphires, rubies, etc. I get obsessed until I find what I am looking for.

I have made small jewelry purchases my hubby does not know about. I have so much jewelry he wouldn't know what's new anyway.

As soon as I get home the bra comes off and I put on my "comfortables" P.J.'s or sweats and a t-shirt.

Yes, yes!!
When hubby drags me into Staples or some camera shop, I always say "Where's the jewelry department?" I'm always disappointed in those places.
I have been known to watch the jewelry channels, too, just to feed my addiction!!
When I was a kid, I collected/savored/hoarded jewelry catalogs. I still have a tendency to keep them if I get my hands on one, even now.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a fun thread. =)

I can relate to a lot of stuff about excess noise, excess bling & bag purchases, wearing Pj's at home all day when I dont have to work, & making sure I'm decked out in makeup & hair done whenever I go out in public. Its a curse but its what I do. I had surgery yesterday & wore no makeup to the hospital. I felt so weird sitting in the waiting area with everyone knowing I wasn't wearing any. Stupid I know. I wasn't the only one looking like a Smurf with blue gown, blue paper shoes & blue cap. :lol: I did however spritz myself with perfume before I left though. If I couldnt look good, at least I smelled good. :dance:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent a chunk 'o change to commemorate the first birthday of one of my cats. He is the last cat I'll ever have and I was feeling my mortality at the time I commissioned the painting so I indulged. Here's the painting and the photo that served as its inspiration. I must say, it is humbling to be at a point in my life where I had to consider the years I reasonably had left to live before adopting Atticus.

portrait_resized.jpg

birthday_1.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata. WOW WOW WOW
I'm not sure if that is a confession - sounds more like a declaration of love to me!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1425677639|3843028 said:
Matata. WOW WOW WOW
I'm not sure if that is a confession - sounds more like a declaration of love to me!

Awww thanks. But it will certainly be confession time when hubby sees the credit card statement :D

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1425677850|3843029 said:
Matata. WOW WOW WOW

Awww thanks. But it will certainly be confession time when hubby sees the credit card statement :D

Yaay! So wonderful of you to hire an artist to do the cat's portrait. It looks great.
Support your local artists!!! (and local jewelry designers, who are artists, too!)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata I love your Atticus!!! He's stunning...

Let's see.. this is such a fun thread I thought I was join in.

1. Probably top of my list for hating things right now is our Bengal Cat. He's driving me mad since moving to the new house in August. He's gotten very, very loud, never shuts up and is constantly into something. He's swinging on all the door handles and will let him self out if you are not sure to lock the door. He's left scratches on the doors from the screened porch into the house. He's an indoor cat and he let himself out one night and DD, DH and I looked for him for over an hour. I found him about to get his butt kicked by an alley cat. He hissed at me all the way home and when DD wanted to hug him because she was so relieved we had found him he hissed at her. (fortunately he doesn't do that often or my tolerance would be completely shot). He attacks DH and DD when he thinks they are not paying attention to him biting them and then running. He never does this to me.. good call on his part. To think I bought him for DD for a birthday present. :-o

2. This website has been very bad on my ability to save money. I'm afraid to add up what I've purchased, sold at a loss only to buy something else I think I want more only to decide I want something else and to sell that too (at a loss). I tell myself when I get that one item I'm on the hunt for "this is it" but in a few days I'm already plotting and planning the next acquistion. I spend a lot of time on PS, JbG, DBL, VC, and this list goes on, hunting and looking at the things I lust the most for... I'm their frequent website stalker. I'll watch diamonds go round and round on the JA site trying to see what others are commenting on mostly with things like cushions and emerald cuts. The best pictures draw me in and hold me.

3. I'm boarderline OCD and I can make my family crazy cleaning the floors, bathroom and laundry. I'm not at rest until all the laundry is done. I wipe the counters down in the kitchen several times a day. All the chairs have to be pushed in at the table and when everyone goes to bed I fluff the pillows on the sofa before I go up to bed. I never leave the house without making my bed. I've tried to get my teenage daughter to do this but I've had to learn not to look at her room. On the other hand, my desk (home office) looks like a disaster and I only clean it on Friday. How can one be OCD about one thing and not about another?

There's more.. but this sounds like enough...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
autumngems|1425650473|3842752 said:
Hmmmm where to start?

Oh, we would sooo be besties in real life! :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1425677850|3843029 said:
Matata. WOW WOW WOW

And we have a lot of humor - or at least you do, Matata! That is a beautiful thing to have done for a beautiful boy.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1425413002|3841382 said:
ame|1425409168|3841349 said:
So in the last few weeks, my "keto/paleo" has included cookies made of real girl scouts, a lot of canadian smarties, and a ton of hi-chew. That counts, right ;-)
I hear girl scouts are very high in protein!
Most are very lean, so it's lean protein!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay, here is a true confession of mine. Thankfully! nobody here really knows who I am so I am safe!

I CAN''T KEEP A SECRET!

I mean, what is the point of having information that I just can't share??

Here is a prime example of how terrible i am..

i JUST discovered through FB that a nurse i work with married the electrician that also works in the same place as us. I had NO idea that she got married and to HIM! Total blind side and at first, I couldn't really believe it. This nurse only has one other colleague on her FB so i messaged this colleague and asked what she thought of it. That colleague asked her own sister about it because we all work at the same place and we were all totally confused. Then next day. I HAD to tell someone so i told yet another colleague... i hope it doesn't come back to me! Argh!

I personally am almost an open book, i don't post my entire life on FB, but I keep little to no "secrets"

I don't really know why they would want this to be kept a secret....I mean, we would all be happy for them actually! I always think it is easier to connect with a colleague if we know some personal info about them...

Yeah, so, i can't keep a secret ...

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1425647305|3842731 said:
House Cat|1425578745|3842300 said:
I am almost done with the brand new season of House of Cards. I was only released a few days ago. I watched 7 episodes within a 24 hour period. :oops:

Hahaha, we finished the complete season 3 in just 3 days LOL. Started watching last Saturday and finished by Tuesday. LOL. :cheeky:
It was good. :devil:

Another true confession-
Sometimes (more often than I care to admit) when I wake up and get out of bed in the morning I think to myself how I cannot wait to get back into bed when evening comes. That's right. Hardly awake for any time at all and I am already counting the hours till I can get right back into bed. :oops:

Totally know what you mean, Missy! Me too!

I also feel guilty sometimes...actually, all the time when I can't wait for the kids to go to bed so I can watch my own TV and eat whatever I want!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Matata|1425677445|3843026 said:
I spent a chunk 'o change to commemorate the first birthday of one of my cats. He is the last cat I'll ever have and I was feeling my mortality at the time I commissioned the painting so I indulged. Here's the painting and the photo that served as its inspiration. I must say, it is humbling to be at a point in my life where I had to consider the years I reasonably had left to live before adopting Atticus.

That is one gorgeous cat, and the artist's rendering is amazing. How cool! :appl:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have had a blast reading this thread and figured I'd share....

First, apparently I do get OCD about things that I'm interested in. Currently it's fountain pens. I've spent more than I'd like to state (or add together) on fountain pens and ink. I love them. I'm still waiting for 2 that I've ordered, and yet I bid on another... :oops: However, they make such a statement when using them and the kids are all crazy about them. :D So much fun! I may have also been lurking on a fountain pen forum....before that it was gel nail polish. I still lurk on the other forum, and still am active in doing my nails weekly (sometimes more often), and still shopping.....before then it was hand quilting, and before that (and for many many many years) it was knitting. I know I'll get back into knitting (and quilting) I think I'm just burnt out and will be interested again later....
Second, today is my birthday, and hubby is very sweet, however he bought me running shoes for my birthday. :nono: Yes, I needed them and yes they were pricey, but really? Shoes? I know I'm being ungrateful, but I would like birthday (and Christmas, etc) presents to not be things like sneakers or "needed" unless requested. :nono: Ok, ungrateful child that I am...
Finally, still love jewelry. I search for the jewelry I'm currently in love with (right now it's the Cartier Love Bangle/Cuff :love: ) and see who all has one, which seems like EVERYONE is getting one. I do love the hunt. :D

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1425681281|3843052 said:
Matata I love your Atticus!!! He's stunning...

Let's see.. this is such a fun thread I thought I was join in.

1. Probably top of my list for hating things right now is our Bengal Cat. He's driving me mad since moving to the new house in August. He's gotten very, very loud, never shuts up and is constantly into something. He's swinging on all the door handles and will let him self out if you are not sure to lock the door. He's left scratches on the doors from the screened porch into the house. He's an indoor cat and he let himself out one night and DD, DH and I looked for him for over an hour. I found him about to get his butt kicked by an alley cat. He hissed at me all the way home and when DD wanted to hug him because she was so relieved we had found him he hissed at her. (fortunately he doesn't do that often or my tolerance would be completely shot). He attacks DH and DD when he thinks they are not paying attention to him biting them and then running. He never does this to me.. good call on his part. To think I bought him for DD for a birthday present. :-o

2. This website has been very bad on my ability to save money. I'm afraid to add up what I've purchased, sold at a loss only to buy something else I think I want more only to decide I want something else and to sell that too (at a loss). I tell myself when I get that one item I'm on the hunt for "this is it" but in a few days I'm already plotting and planning the next acquistion. I spend a lot of time on PS, JbG, DBL, VC, and this list goes on, hunting and looking at the things I lust the most for... I'm their frequent website stalker. I'll watch diamonds go round and round on the JA site trying to see what others are commenting on mostly with things like cushions and emerald cuts. The best pictures draw me in and hold me.

3. I'm boarderline OCD and I can make my family crazy cleaning the floors, bathroom and laundry. I'm not at rest until all the laundry is done. I wipe the counters down in the kitchen several times a day. All the chairs have to be pushed in at the table and when everyone goes to bed I fluff the pillows on the sofa before I go up to bed. I never leave the house without making my bed. I've tried to get my teenage daughter to do this but I've had to learn not to look at her room. On the other hand, my desk (home office) looks like a disaster and I only clean it on Friday. How can one be OCD about one thing and not about another?

There's more.. but this sounds like enough...

Your number 2 describes be perfectly. :lol:

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
My wf danielle jazz band is being delivered today. I am both exited and freaking out. What if I don't like it. I would feel so guilty to send it back. I also went ahead and splurged on the platinum so it really was a bit expensive, I have to pay tax too since I live in Texas. The glamor shots are beautiful.

Have I confessed yet that I worry too much and I actually will give myself migraines sometimes. I have chronic migraine anyway. I need to calm myself down today.

Pricescope has been bad for my wallet, but I love my AVC and I never would have heard about them any other way.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Calliecake|1425237049|3840296 said:
Jennifer, I'm in love with her too!!! Isn't it the best when they are cuddle bugs!
Just catching up with PS after a crazy few days, and missed your reply! Sorry. Yes, she's just the snuggliest, and I love that! It may not be quite so comfortable when she's fully grown ;(

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
soocool|1425238355|3840306 said:
Jennifer, she is gorgeous and eventually you will not even remember how small she once was. My dog is 8 yo and this past winter instead of snuggling up against me when I am on the sofa, he just goes directly to his bed. I once spent an hour searching for him in the house only to realize he was all snug in his own bed. I am grateful he is not a licker! A few weeks ago he woke us up in the middle of the night and led us to the downstairs powder room to alert us something was wrong. There was no water in the toilet and sewage gas was starting to permeate the house. Nearby a family's dog awakened them in the middle of the night and would not let up going to the basement door and was barking at it. They had a gas leak in the basement furnace and immediately called 911 and evacuated the house.

Wow, I'm glad your dog was so smart! And your neigbours' dog too. It's quite uncanny sometimes what dogs can sense. I don't know quite how they do it, but there are dogs who can sniff out cancers. I believe they are used in some clinical settings. Dogs are amazing. Our neighbour has an assistance dog that can ....wait for it... do laundry! He has a retriever who can sort a load of laundry and put it into the front loading washer. My confession is therefore that I'm envious. I can barely motivate myself to do that, far less train a dog! :bigsmile:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
momhappy|1425258419|3840481 said:
iLander|1425245803|3840377 said:
Okay, here's a wildly politically incorrect viewpoint, hopefully no on will hate me after this.

Confession: I think the vast majority of 20-somethings look the same. The guys have some kind of beard thing, with very little hair (or it's shaved down because they're balding) and the girls seem to all have ponytails. WTH happened to hair? The guys and the girls all seem to hate hair unless it's on their faces. Maybe it's just my local area, but this is how they look to me, an old geezer. I notice this because my DD has big beautiful curly hair that hangs loose, and no one else seems to have loose hair.

I see this a lot too. My husband and I were at a restaurant and noticed a large group of teen girls (probably seniors in HS). Every one of the girls had their hair pulled back in a pony tail or one of those messy bun things. It seems to me that they just don't feel the need and/or desire to put any effort into their hair, which is fine I guess if that's what suits you.

It's nice to get tidied up and look fancy sometimes, I totally get that. However, I have to confess that this gives me huge hope for my daughter's generation. I love the idea that plenty young women out there are confident enough just to go out and spend time with friends, without worrying overly about appearance. (I'm reading a sort of 'take me as I am' confidence into that, which I do hope I'm right about...)

We have talked a few times here over the years about pressures on young women in particular over looks and self / body image, so I'm confessing that I find this hugely encouraging.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1425702787|3843211 said:
I have had a blast reading this thread and figured I'd share....

First, apparently I do get OCD about things that I'm interested in. Currently it's fountain pens. I've spent more than I'd like to state (or add together) on fountain pens and ink. I love them. I'm still waiting for 2 that I've ordered, and yet I bid on another... :oops: However, they make such a statement when using them and the kids are all crazy about them. :D So much fun! I may have also been lurking on a fountain pen forum....before that it was gel nail polish. I still lurk on the other forum, and still am active in doing my nails weekly (sometimes more often), and still shopping.....before then it was hand quilting, and before that (and for many many many years) it was knitting. I know I'll get back into knitting (and quilting) I think I'm just burnt out and will be interested again later....
Second, today is my birthday, and hubby is very sweet, however he bought me running shoes for my birthday. :nono: Yes, I needed them and yes they were pricey, but really? Shoes? I know I'm being ungrateful, but I would like birthday (and Christmas, etc) presents to not be things like sneakers or "needed" unless requested. :nono: Ok, ungrateful child that I am...
Finally, still love jewelry. I search for the jewelry I'm currently in love with (right now it's the Cartier Love Bangle/Cuff :love: ) and see who all has one, which seems like EVERYONE is getting one. I do love the hunt. :D

Happy birthday!

I had to sit down with DH and go through birthday present feelings. A blender and hand mixer are great but NOT for a birthday...

Cofession: Sometimes I can't stand the thought of going home and immediately having a dozen things to do so I Will sit in a parking lot and read or post to PS for 10 or 20 minutes.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh god, I'm like this with DH! I talk and talk and talk. I'm well aware of it and sometimes leave him to pick the topic of conversation or start a conversation. He doesn't though. DH will just sit there and ask me what's wrong. So I speak for both of us. If he has something to say, he will, eventually. I do get annoyed at him and myself. I don't want to eat dinner in complete silence but I don't always want to do all the talking. Most of the time it works, I just talk. Other times we end up arguing over me feeling like I'm spouting BS so we're not in complete silence with occasional breaks in silence for him to ask if I'm okay.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My confessions, in no particular order.

1 - I read trashy novels. If it's free for kindles on amazon I've probably read it. I complain about the books to DH and acknowledge they are trashy, but I like to read and my job is too stressful to read serious books in my free time so I read tons of trash.

2 - I don't cook except if DH and I are eating dinner together. DH often works evenings and when he comes home wants to know what I had so he can just have the leftovers. He doesn't get that I don't cook when he's not here. I will eat anything not to cook. Red peppers dipped in hummus with a side of olives is a great dinner. So is wine and buttery popcorn. Scrambled eggs on bagel is about as complex as it gets. DH is a proper meal type of guy so I take full advantage on the nights he's out.

3 - I haven't cleaned house in over 12 years. I couldn't figure out how to turn the vacuum on recently. DH does all the cleaning and I cook (except when he's out). We have completely split chores and it really works for me except I realise how dependent I am on DH for any type of cleaning. I feel dumb when I have to read the back of a bottle of cleaning fluid to figure out what it does. I'm smart, promise.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear costume jewelry! Picked this up at an art museum recently. I don't care that it's costume and not a real piece of expensive loot! :dance:

With my fake diamonds and my costume jewelry, I'm going to be locked in the PS dungeon in a minute!

85766.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1425740218|3843321 said:
My confessions, in no particular order.

1 - I read trashy novels. If it's free for kindles on amazon I've probably read it. I complain about the books to DH and acknowledge they are trashy, but I like to read and my job is too stressful to read serious books in my free time so I read tons of trash.

2 - I don't cook except if DH and I are eating dinner together. DH often works evenings and when he comes home wants to know what I had so he can just have the leftovers. He doesn't get that I don't cook when he's not here. I will eat anything not to cook. Red peppers dipped in hummus with a side of olives is a great dinner. So is wine and buttery popcorn. Scrambled eggs on bagel is about as complex as it gets. DH is a proper meal type of guy so I take full advantage on the nights he's out.

3 - I haven't cleaned house in over 12 years. I couldn't figure out how to turn the vacuum on recently. DH does all the cleaning and I cook (except when he's out). We have completely split chores and it really works for me except I realise how dependent I am on DH for any type of cleaning. I feel dumb when I have to read the back of a bottle of cleaning fluid to figure out what it does. I'm smart, promise.

Rhea, you are my heroine. Yes, you're obviously extremely smart! If I don't cook or clean, I starve and the house would eventually receive a visit from Social Services. I bet you're the woman of urban legend who washed a red sock with her husband's whites, and he said to her, "You're never, ever doing my laundry again!"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results