Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne said:
azstonie|1422548454|3823870 said:
Jimmianne|1422536996|3823759 said:
Missy, I hope you enjoy your day!
No, I did not buy that ring yet, but I have been looking at sparklies online since the sun came up!

Must be the winter weather causing the itch - anyone else plotting a next project?

Jimmianne, I have a Loliondo spessartite garnet, the true Fanta color, 11-mm cushion, concave pavillion, that I want to have set but I can't even settle on the right color of the metal---yg? wg? one of the colored golds like red or peach or green or rose?

Until I figure that out I'm spinning my wheels. What to you think for color of the gold, anyone??????
that's a tough one!
any metal would look beautiful - do you have a picture?
Missy...am I highjacking this thread?!
if so, apologies

my next project will be large & sparkly. In what year, I don't know. Meanwhile some simple things in the works - sterling and rose gold primitive/tribal-looking ring guards for my asscher and [from the same local artisan] pendent setting a small champagne OEC I got from Fortekitty a while back.

There is no such thing as "hijacking" this thread Jimmianne so do not worry...we love talking about anything and everything here. And bling is always a very welcome topic!!!

Kristie, yes we need a picture before we can give our opinion. Sounds yummy! :love: Depending on the garnet color/tone a rich high K yellow perhaps or a pink gold? Totally depends on the specific garnet though. Pics please. :love:

Jimmianne, OMG, looking forward to seeing those especially the champagne OEC pendant. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Missy, what a GREAT idea to just swap the posts out on my studs. I like it. Yes, the posts are making my ears itch. I don’t usually have that problem with yellow gold but since I wear these 99% of the time maybe something in my skin is breaking down a finish on the posts? I don’t know. These last 2 days until Marty gets home will take forever. How are you doing? Did you get your new boots yet? Has all of your snow melted? I definitely think some antique diamond dangle earrings would be wonderful. Are you still loving your new iPad?

Jimmianne, what sparklies were you admiring? Ooh a champagne OEC in a pendant. That will be gorgeous. I am always working on my next project. My list would be (in no particular order) a different orange sapphire, a larger Kentucky blue sapphire, a peach sapphire, an oval diamond RHR, do something with an emerald ring I have. Now I just need money.

Kristie, Your spessartite sounds wonderful. That’s a tough call what metal to pair that with. I think it would look good with a lot of them but you want that one that makes it pop and you go “wow” when you see it.

It was a babysitting day again at work. My over achiever guy went off on my just do enough to get by employee while I was out of the room. He was out of line and hostile plus chastised her pretty well in front of everyone. I pulled him aside and said I run that room, no one works for him and I don’t want people treated like that. To his credit he told me before we started he had more “heat” in what he said then he meant to and agreed he shouldn’t have done it. He of course kept going off on his complaints about her and I kept taking it back to you were out of line. Joy! I was glad I was meeting a friend for supper. I ordered the 9 oz glass of wine rather than the usual 6 oz. I savored every sip of it too. I had a small steak, baked potato and salad too. We skipped dessert.

Marty is awake now and it’s 4 am in Romania. He is going to be exhausted when he gets home Saturday.

Have a great Friday.

Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, chain of command for sure! Is this his first j-o-b? I bet he understands the concept now!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy :wavey:

I hope that your recovery is going well and that you are staying nice and warm!!!! Have you seen this post by sarahb;

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-great-trade-off-new-wf-aca-studs.210201/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-great-trade-off-new-wf-aca-studs.210201/[/URL]

I hope you don't mind me linking her post, I think you might just be the right member to provide words of encouragement and support to her having just gone through such a terrible time and emerge from the daunting tunnel of therapy/rehabilitation yourself....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1422588122|3824222 said:
Marcy, chain of command for sure! Is this his first j-o-b? I bet he understands the concept now!

Kristie, sadly I don't think he does. He is smart and a hard worker. It his people skills and handling a crisis that need some attention. It gives me something to do anyway. :bigsmile:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1422588262|3824223 said:

I hope that your recovery is going well and that you are staying nice and warm!!!! Have you seen this post by sarahb;

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-great-trade-off-new-wf-aca-studs.210201/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-great-trade-off-new-wf-aca-studs.210201/[/URL]

I hope you don't mind me linking her post, I think you might just be the right member to provide words of encouragement and support to her having just gone through such a terrible time and emerge from the daunting tunnel of therapy/rehabilitation yourself....

arkieb1, very thoughtful. I love this. Missy, you started this wonderful thread and now we can have an outreach program!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1422619614|3824357 said:
arkieb1|1422588262|3824223 said:

arkieb1, very thoughtful. I love this. Missy, you started this wonderful thread and now we can have an outreach program!

OMG I didn't see her thread. Poor dear! :cry: :cry: :cry: I will go and check on her. Thanks for the link arkieb.

Jimmianne, that is exactly what I want this thread to be. A safe place for anyone who needs comfort, help or just a place to vent, scream, cry and deal with the ups and downs that is life.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I am glad you think that idea can work for you. We need to get you back to wearing those earrings in complete comfort!

2 more days. It might feel like it is taking an eternity but before you know it he will be home woohoo!

I got my new boots that day at the SW store in Short Hills so instant gratification. I had to see them in person because I would never have bought them online since I never saw this style IRL before.

Yes, I am loving my iPad air 2. AWESOME. Thanks for asking. I use it mainly for music while working out right now but it will be great for reading as well since the kindle is too small for my tired eyes. I also like surfing the web when I am working out but I cannot do that efficiently since I am working out lol. But sometimes I do as a little break from the intensity of the workout. Enjoying it very much and not sure why I resisted for so long.

Kristie, any decisions re the metal for the setting yet? I agree with Marcy. That's the word that escaped me yesterday. Which metal makes the stone "pop". That's the one to go with. And of course the color that is complementary with your skin tone. Hope you are having a blast at the show!

Ovi, Kristie, LLJsmom, Junebug, just saying good morning and hope you have a good day. :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think it goes to show that unfortunate things can happen so suddenly and unexpectedly and that life is not easy for most people. It puts things into perspective. Sometimes when things are really bad, you think you have it the worst and then realize that others have problems too even if perhaps most of us not severe ones and some people do have it worst than us. After all, we are not starving and without ammenities, most of us have family and/or friends and of course are fortunate enough to own bling!:))) How many people cannot afford it? How many could never dream of going shopping to a mall? Not that these things are what really matter but sure bling can cheer someone up, at least Sarah has something to smile about while poor her has to stay in bed.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy I emailed you this morning, HI for our morning coffee.:))) Sorry but I was really down this morning when I wrote to you. Now it is very difficult times in life. Husband is trying to make me leave work and of course I only work there part time and owners think we are together and it is ok for one of us to go. Now I have to use my case against him to make sure that I do not lose my job because of him and he has promised that he will go part time otherwise I have a lot against him at work like he has violated the contract on numerous occassions and we could both speak up against him with my colleague. The last straw for me would be to lose my job. Dunno, really trying to bring the best out of this situation.

Kristie and I have discussed metal colors too privately. I really think white metal would make the color pop the most. It may be a surprising choice but we have done it with strong colored FCD and think the contrast can greatly emphasize the stone. I also think that it is possible to only make the prongs red gold. This may be the ideal thing to do. Otherwise, my second choice would be all red gold. I think rose may be a mismatch and the stone would be lost in yellow, so for me either only white or red prongs and otherwise white and if neither then all red gold depending on Kristie's wardrobe, skintone, other gold colors, etc. and of course what you ultimately prefer Kristie. Will be interesting to hear what you end up with. We hope we hear from you in Tucson soon. Exciting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, I missed your email and am off to find it and respond. Just wanted to say don't give up. You are in the right and you deserve to be there. Not your ex. The law should be on your side. Please gather all your documentation and present it to your boss. PLEASE do not let him run you out. Off to find your email now. (((HUGS))).

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks Missy, I know you are right, my colleague and me are trying to find ways how to solve this situation, it is very hard as we do not want it to backfire and yes we have evidence including evidence from the workplace, would rather not state it here. Yet, we are scared that it will backfire at us, it is hard to say it because we live in the 21st century and yet our bosses think women are substandard beings, they do not mean badly but they just think this way. It is difficult to believe but true.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, found your email and responded. Listen, you have nothing to lose. Do not go down without a fight. Justice will prevail! Plus you have all of us cheering you on and supporting you. (((HUGS))).

ETA: Oy, I just read what you wrote about your bosses thinking of women as substandard... :nono: If your bosses think of women as substandard perhaps this is not the environment you want to be in anyway. I don't know Ovi, only you know if this is really how they think of women. I wish I knew the right thing to tell you. No matter what though I am here for you.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this post is in the appropriate place...the Now I REALLY Did It thread :lol:
I can't believe it...I just bought a diamond :errrr:
I've been looking at fluorescent diamonds for ages and just had the perfect storm - BG is having a sale and a 0.94 AGS triple 0
G/VS2 strong blue was just listed.The AGS certificate is only 2 days old. I feel insane but excited.

There has been a lot going on here. My Mom's estate is still under audit after almost a year and the IRS is now auditing the family business, which was sold when she died. I've had to put down another dog and 2 kitties in the past couple of months, and my beautiful once-in-a-lifetime horse died a few days ago. [The problem is that many of my animals are getting old, so it's been several years of constant illness and euthanasia ...while going through both my parents and my husband dying. Strange times.]

Not complaining - Life is Good & At this point I am now used to things being Very Weird & I'm getting good at coping but I must say that coming back to PS and talking with you guys has been a huge boost...and buying that diamond today is a pretty amazing feeling, one that I had nearly forgotten about. :appl:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh Jimmianne, I cannot believe what you are going through! Your husband is dying too? What is wrong? You having lost both of your parents and also so many animals, I can relate and I really sympathize with you. I lost my two oldest kitty soulmates in the past month. It was devastating. My third oldest is undergoing treatment for something urinary. Some know here that I am going through a very traumatic event with my now ex husband, whom I have separated from and now I could end up losing my job where we worked together too. Life does not treat us well. I love your positive outlook in life though, what is your secret? I have always been like you but in the past month I am finding it incredibly hard to remain positive. This is not me I know. Of course bling, my passion still makes me happy and go on so there I totally relate too! I enjoy nothing more than my gems, 99 % diamonds, jewelry making projects, making other people happy with their bling and I do think these things helped me go on the last two years as it was a bit over two years ago when I underwent losing a baby and a nasty breakup too. I can tell diamonds cheer you up big time too. No, you are not crazy at all! As I said I for sure understand.:))) We want to see pix soon! All the best to you and please take it easy. I think that today I will watch something funny, I need a pick me up now. Hugs to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1422624798|3824395 said:
I think this post is in the appropriate place...the Now I REALLY Did It thread :lol:
I can't believe it...I just bought a diamond :errrr:
I've been looking at fluorescent diamonds for ages and just had the perfect storm - BG is having a sale and a 0.94 AGS triple 0
G/VS2 strong blue was just listed.The AGS certificate is only 2 days old. I feel insane but excited.

There has been a lot going on here. My Mom's estate is still under audit after almost a year and the IRS is now auditing the family business, which was sold when she died. I've had to put down another dog and 2 kitties in the past couple of months, and my beautiful once-in-a-lifetime horse died a few days ago. [The problem is that many of my animals are getting old, so it's been several years of constant illness and euthanasia ...while going through both my parents and my husband dying. Strange times.]

Not complaining - Life is Good & At this point I am now used to things being Very Weird & I'm getting good at coping but I must say that coming back to PS and talking with you guys has been a huge boost...and buying that diamond today is a pretty amazing feeling, one that I had nearly forgotten about. :appl:

Yes, your post is most definitely in the right thread Jimmianne! WOOHOO!!! So happy for you. The diamond sounds GORGEOUS!!! :love: I can see why are are insanely excited because I would be too. Oh a "blue" diamond with those specs is :love: :love: :love: .

I am so very sorry about your horse and your furbabies. :cry: And also so sorry about your dh and your parents. What a traumatic and tough period in your life. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am happy you are coping well and finally experiencing some better times. Thank you for sharing Jimmianne and as you know we are here for you.
I hope the happy experiences keep coming and no more sadness for anyone at least for a long long time. (((HUGS))).

And please don't forget us when your diamond arrives. We need pictures!!! :appl:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jimmianne, I must correct what I said, I may have misunderstood you and it was not clear to me that perhaps you already lost your dear husband. If so, my condolences, my heart goes out to you about everything that happened. It is so nice to hear how positive you are at the moment and found peace in your life. I hope that your remaining furbabies give you much love and happiness, I know mine do, they help so much and they take so little. I love Sapphie chirping to me and purring and sleeping with me now. Have a great weekend and please do come back to talk to us about anything. Lots of love to you.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1422629337|3824431 said:
Jimmianne, I must correct what I said, I may have misunderstood you and it was not clear to me that perhaps you already lost your dear husband. If so, my condolences, my heart goes out to you about everything that happened. It is so nice to hear how positive you are at the moment and found peace in your life. I hope that your remaining furbabies give you much love and happiness, I know mine do, they help so much and they take so little. I love Sapphie chirping to me and purring and sleeping with me now. Have a great weekend and please do come back to talk to us about anything. Lots of love to you.

thank you!

I think it's a life stage - that most people will go through at my age... all the old passes away. At first I was freaking out, but over time I realized that life goes on and you can either sink with the past or keep reaching toward happiness & having gratitude. I did change though. Feel & look older, but nothing can be done about that - so it goes in the "not fun things" bag and gets put down somewhere as much as possible! : )
I appreciate all the care here =)
Now I hope this part of the thread will move on to focus on others.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think that you have a lot of wisdom Jimmianne, not so many would be so peaceful and content, I really look up to you for this and wish I always had such internal strength.

In my opinion this thread has been about everyone here for a long time and we share with each other, yes we of course all want to be there for Missy but Missy is also such a wonderful, warm hearted and unselfish person, somehow she made us all open up and be able to speak about what has been hard for us and share all the ups and downs, through this thread I feel that I developed some wonderful relationships and met some people that I feel I can call my friends more than many that are physically present in my life.

So I think let's allow the thread to flow the way it wants to as we are the ones shaping it and it has been the most wonderful experience for me here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Ovi for your kind words and you are right. This thread is for everyone. For comfort and support, a hug or two (or many more as the case may be) and to share advice and experiences or just a safe place to be. It is whatever you want it to be because everyone here cares and shares their unconditional support.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your thread has become our go to place and how cool it’s got 78 pages already. The next 27 hours is going to take forever. I missed you bought your boots in person. Sweet. I am glad to hear you are totally enjoying your iPad. Is NYC expecting snow again? I think I heard another storm was moving your way.

Ovi, you are so right. Life can and does change in an instant. I hate to hear your husband might try to get you to lose your job. I am glad you have documentation of things he has done. Stay strong lady, I know this is so hard.

Jimmianne, sweet! Your blue diamond sounds amazing. Do you have a link to it? I saw a strong fluorescent diamond in person this summer and it was so cool. I could tell it was before even seeing the certificate. It was a GIA XXX. Are you going to have it mounted in a ring? Something else? You certainly have been through a lot the last few years. I am so sorry to hear everything you’ve been going through. Ugh to dealing with an IRS audit on top of it all. Hugs to you! I am glad you are good at coping and I like you attitude about keep reaching for happiness.

Hi Kristie, Callie, Junebug and LLJsmom.

Work seemed to last forever today. Marty will be home in later tomorrow night. I might make cookies so the house smells good when he gets here.

I had some sad reflective moments today. My dad had his heart attack last year on Friday (it was January 31 but last year that date was a Friday). I am fine but just thinking about him a lot today. I’ll take out some flowers tomorrow.

I see there are a few movies on VOD I might like. Fury, Before I Go to Sleep and The Judge. I might need to crank on the fireplace and make some popcorn.

Have a great weekend. :wavey:
Marcy

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word you kind kind people, I am in total tears. arkieb1, Jimmianne, Marcy, Ovi, Missy, azstonie, I just got here, & saw arkieb1 had linked my thread over here. Tears.

Huge bear sized hugs to you all--would love to get a cup of coffee & come visit, had no idea, this thread, which began over Missy's injury, had grown to one of support. Kindness does live. How comforting.

I'd love to pull up a chair & join the discussion--you all made my day, truly. Dry eyed now, but man alive, why am I so emotional the last few days. I think, it is the guttural reaction to seeing the raw love & care pouring out of friends, family, peeps, & now from my virtual PS community, it's just so touching to me. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, sarahb
XOXO

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Sarahb! Goodness and kindness are out there and you will certainly find it plentiful here on Missy's thread. How are you doing today? Hugs to you! :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome, Sarah! It is nice to see you here and hope you get to stay. How are you feeling? I am sure if it was me looking at the bling in my ears would make me smile and hurt just a bit less.:))) I have been known to do stuff like that. The small things really help sometimes. When I was in the hospital two years ago I had bling on and it cheered me up, also had to have my perfumes. Now, yes family was there sometimes but many times I was alone, ok with some nice roommates but not with my people of support. We are definitely here to support you, in fact I feel that this has been the greatest thread and most wonderful group of people ever. I think that everyone has been there for everyone although for the moment I must really thank all the great ladies here with a big heart as I certainly had some rough times in the last month.

Yes, I was talking with my best friend last night and telling her how I would have never imagined everything coming a month ago. Sure, if we could know ahead of time, we would do everything to prevent it she said. That is true and if there was no way to prevent certain things from happening it would be horribly scary. We just have to somehow learn to cope which can be extremely difficult under certain circumstances.

Marcy, I am so happy for you, I did not realize that Marty was coming home already! I somehow remembered the beginning of February. This is really wonderful news. How long is he staying home this time? We will really miss you here as I am sure you will be busy busy. It was a long time you had to go without Marty and it can be hard to think of having to take care of everything on your own and not having a companion with you. I now have to relearn that. That was one thing I liked about married life though I had definitely been used to taking care of everything myself. Emotionally it can be tough too but in your case you know Marty is coming back every time, you "only" have to survive so long without him. Still nothing like the real thing, like when he is there with you, I am sure you are very excited.

Sarah keep us posted if you can. You are so courageous and you really have a positive outlook, I think that helps, surely not everyone would be capable of this. Very strong lady. You will heal quicker that you can stay positive and fight whatever is ahead. I hope you are not in severe pain now.

Hugs to everyone.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Sarahb! :wavey:

Good morning to Missy, our fearless leader, and to you all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies!

First of all I want to send a big welcome to Sarah. Sarah I am so very sorry for the reason you are visiting this thread but we are very happy you are here and will do anything and everything we can to make this an easier challenge and more pleasant experience for you. The good news is a few of us have been in a similar place to you and can share our experiences having come through it. So please ask any questions you have and I am sure one of us (or more) can chime in with some answers and help.

For me the biggest issue was the pain and I felt that the oxycodone I was given helped take the edge off but I was still in significant pain. Now my break was complicated as I broke both the tibia and fibula so hopefully you are not in as much pain but my advice is this. If you are taking pain meds please consider taking anti nausea meds as well because this was a problem for me. The pain meds were necessary to take the edge off but I got very nauseous from them so took anti nausea meds with the pain meds and that helped.

Also I took the minimum pain meds necessary (and this was trial and error and varied each day) to find any relief otherwise the nausea outweighed the pain relief. And it is important to stay ahead of the pain. Don't wait till you are in significant pain because then it takes longer to find relief. Take the pain meds as soon as or even right before if you can figure it out the pain starts and then you can hopefully take less to get a handle on it. Hope this is not a problem for you though but just in case...

Sarah, sending you the biggest hugs and the best wishes for a speedy recovery. Please do not hesitate to come here for advice, support and comfort. We totally get what you are going through and are here for you in any way we can be. (((HUGS))) and much ****DUST**** for a complete and quick recovery!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I am sad for you for this anniversary but it is good to reflect back and remember the happy memories while allowing yourself to miss your dad (and mom of course). Allow yourself to feel however you do. One year is not a long time at all and I know in some ways it feels still so raw while in others it feels like so much has happened this last year. I know when I remember loved ones who are gone it seems like yesterday in some ways and like a different lifetime in other ways. (((HUGS))) to you and I hope today is a good day filled with reflective and happy memories of your parents.

I hope you watched some good movies last night. We watched Annie Hall (love that movie) and started watching a really good movie after that which we will finish tonight. I highly recommend. It's called Matchmaker and is an Israeli film. Excellent so far and not what you might think.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_matchmaker_2012/

Only half a day now I think till Marty gets home today...YAY!!! Hope the day goes fast for you till he arrives home! And my vote is to bake those cookies yummmm I can almost smell them from here. Oatmeal or chocolate chip I wonder... :lickout:

Jimmianne, haha not sure how fearless I am or what kind of a leader I am either but I am here for all of you guys as I know you are for me. Have a great morning and (((HUGS))) to you!

Ovi, how was your night last night? I know you are getting a haircut tomorrow and as you know I am getting one today...should I cut it all off...JK! Though one day I am doing it! My hair is getting so thin these days and just looks drab. I just need to work up the courage to cut it off. Inside I am a sassy gal but with this long drab hair one could never tell yanno? But leaving the length for now because once it is super short people will definitely focus on my face and right now I am so not ready for that. Believe me nobody wants to see that haha.

Just want you to know I am thinking of you Ovi and sending happy thoughts and good wishes for a successful resolution to the EX issue. (((Hugs))).

Kristie and Callie, I hope you are enjoying your vacation. And finding some beautiful gems. :appl:

LLJsmom, hoping your dh is back and that you guys have a great weekend.

Junebug, have a great weekend too and let's hope for the snow to please miss us Sunday/Monday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, yes, I'm hoping the snow on Sunday/Monday passes us by! I think the NY area is supposed to get more than Philly - I am SO ready for Spring and unfortunately we have a ways to go ;( Thank you for welcoming everyone to share in this thread missy, I'm a bit isolated from people right now and the company of all you wonderful women really helps!

Marcy, big hugs to you on this difficult anniversary, my thoughts are with you - it's hard to relive the experience and all the emotions attached to it, I hope you can find some comfort in thinking about Marty coming home - I'm excited for you about that!

Missy had a great idea about switching the posts on your earrings, I would think that should do the trick. I smiled at your project list, because mine is similar! I'm dreaming of a yellow diamond double halo ring, an emerald ring, and a pink sapphire/spinel ring - now all I need is some money in the bling budget haha! There's a pink spinel ring on the JuliaB etsy site that is not that too expensive, at least in the world of jewelry, and I'm so tempted. Hmm, Valentine's Day is coming up :devil: I totally acknowledge that I'm using bling as a distraction but I don't care! :D

Ovi, hugs to you - the situation with your divorce sounds stressful and complicated, it is so unfortunate it is spilling over into your workplace. It sounds like such a difficult time for you right now and I'm so sorry about that - but you will make it through this and I know that better days are ahead for you.

Jimmianne, it is so good to hear from you and I'm really glad to see you posting in this thread; I missed you during your hiatus! I just want to tell you how sorry I am for all the loss you have endured - such difficult times for you. I'm glad you are coping ok; you have been through some painful things and your ability to keep going and your positive outlook is truly inspirational.

Congrats on your new diamond! It sounds gorgeous! Any ideas on how you'll set it?

Sarahb, welcome! I am just so sorry about your accident, I'm hoping your pain is becoming more manageable as the days pass; I'm thinking of you and I hope your recovery goes as smoothly as possible - I think this thread will be a good source of company and comfort to you - if you are feeling lonely or down you can always pop in here! It really helps lol.

Kristie, your spess sounds yummy! :lickout: My first thought was yg, but Ovi has a good point that wg might make the color really pop - Hopefully you can somehow see the stone in combination with different metals to get an idea of how it will look.. The folks in CS sometimes use pennies and dimes to figure it out lol.

Callie, sounds like you're on vacay! Woo-hoo, hope you're having a great time!

LLJsmom, hope you're having a good weekend!

Not a whole lot going on for me this weekend - I have a few errands to run today and it is crazy windy here, I don't even feel like stepping outside. Ugh!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word. What a great support group you guys have going over here. I can tell by reading the last few posts or so that everyone has something, (isn't that the truth!!), Ill have to do some back reading to fit all the pieces together. Thank you so much for your incredible warm welcome Missy, & to all her Lt's :) Marcy, Ovi, Jimmianne, and each & everyone of you, thank you!! I am humbled.

Well, this is wonderful. Where do I start, a bit of back story. Am 56, married, we have an only, 19 yo son, freshman yr at college. He is the love of our lives,

Good health, have had other previous significant surgeries, this is not the 'first rodeo'. ;-) Am active, i.e. work out 4-5x/wk. w/ trainer. Weights, cardio. Am in MI, cold cold cold right now, egads! Have my own business, work from home, over 20 years now, manage all marketing for an auto dealer group in WI/MN. Have a few other stores as well, including hubbies. Have worked in automotive marketing entire career, love it & love my 'guys'. Its kind of my hobby too :)

Will be 2 weeks post-op this next Tuesday, pain is thankfully under control. am taking 2 oxy every 4. just today have decided to adjust daytime meds to hydrocodone, 1.5-2 every 4, then oxy at night. The pain by far has been the biggest issue with this surgery, (isn't bone pain the pits?!?) have turned a few significant corners, am hoping the hydrocodone does the trick today. Missy, am very attentive to the nausea, & while at the very beginning due to dosage, did take the nausea meds, but now am thankfully ok. Just eat every 4 or so & its all good--hooray, great tip for those in it for the 1st time.

Have been sleeping ok. Last night a good night :). I'm happy to report that I get up in the am (earlier than hubby, let him sleep, this has been an 'event' to him as well) make the coffee, my oatmeal, shuffle it back to the nest, enjoy my morning (like right now).

We are extremely fortunate to have home healthcare, so a nurse visits as well as PT, had first of those 2 visits this week. Have sheets PT left to do 2x/day, had another significant past surgery to same femur, much of the PT exercises the same from last time. Am very excited, as the muscle memory is there due to maintaining fitness, so feel like the physical recovery will go well. The first time around w/ surgery to that femur, did not have that benefit, what a diff!!!! Exercise ladies!!

So, I need to get started on my PT routine right now--thank you all for such a wonderful welcome, I grew up in a Military family, (father was USAF officer) & it was always the people, not the place, that made each location special. Thank you ALL for being such a caring group of people--sarahb XO

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls, I finally have a minute where I don't have to be doing something else, waiting for my daughter at gymnastics. Hi Jimianne and sarahb. Both of you are going through a lot in your own ways. So glad you found your way to this thread. The kindness and sincere care these ladies have shown me has been humbling.

My DH will be arriving home from Bali late tonight and I can finally breathe again. Remember when I was having trouble dealing with life? well when you have to just remember which kid to pick up when from where and to deliver where, feed them, help them finish homework, ensure they have clean clothes and a lunch the next day, and bedtime by 11pm, and hold down a full time client service job, I discovered I have no time to dwell on any dissatisfaction or unhappiness. I was even stressed about going to sleep because I needed to get at least 6-7 hours since I had to drive so much. I could not waste a single second. I don't know how single mothers do it. That is what I was for a week. My DH does so much. When he is home he does 60% of the driving, handles all food needs, and does at least 50% of the homework help. I'm still on duty today. Martial arts, gymnastics and then fine arts. Sandwiches and another 4 hours of billable hours still on the agenda.

I checked out PS randomly and responded to a few threads here and there. And I swear it's because of how I had different priorities. I did not have any patience with these newbies on Rocky Talky asking for opinions and advice on a stone and then not like what they were hearing. Forget it. I'm not even gonna respond. You guys ever get sick of these people? Can you tell I have completely run out of patience?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Missy I have a good friend who just broke her wrist in 3 places and now has screws in her arm. She is extremely optimistic. At least that is what she shows the world. Can you give me a few words of advice as to what she should watch out for emotionally and mentally? She is extremely active and wants to work out and spin ASAP. And good luck missy. It will be Feb soon.

Ovi, hope you are ok. I am hoping your crazy H will just back off. I'm so sorry.

Next week will be like this one. So I will just be a reader for a while. Take care everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results