shape
carat
color
clarity

Fighting Diamonds International

gricert

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any advice on how to fight fraud with Diamonds International?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This company has never been mentioned on Pricescope before and you did not mention where the location is. Is this a BBB accredited business? Maybe contact them and get advice.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Diamonds International is mainly overseas, throughout the Caribbean and a few shops in the Mexican Riviera. They are big in cruise ports.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you search for "DI" you get "Search found 269 matches". Many of these pertain to the firm, DIamonds International. This is a very large company and they have retail stores on cruise ships and all over the world in tourist destinations. I think their main client base are people who are on vacation and have found the time to shop together. In order to make a purchase on vacation, the people tend to be a bit impulsive and over confident. Once home or back on the ship, they start thinking how wildly crazy they might have been in making such a large purchase so fast. The return policy of DI is incredibly difficult. This firm is not easy to work with if it becomes confrontational. Try like crazy to be reasonable and soft spoken, because it won't help to fight with the firm. If you have a real problem, not just a perceived one, you can address it by following their warranty and return policy, but you will have to do it their way and not the way you want to.

Once you buy something you don't want it often becomes a problem. Preventing this problem only happens when you exercise restraint BEFORE you buy, not after. Read the return policy and follow it to the letter and hope for the best. I have seen people get a refund or a store credit, but often by the time they get the matter resolved they are just about ready to hire a hitman. Best of luck and take a deep breath and be very patient.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good advice from David. Their refund policy is VERY restrictive, to the point of being useless, regardless of the reason for why you want a refund. This includes complaints about serious problems with grading, manufacturing defects and craftsmanship. The rules change occasionally but the last set of their terms and conditions that I saw were impossible to comply with for even the most extreme problems. The cruise line 'guarantee' is very little help and, in most cases, the consumer protection laws that apply are adjudicated by a court in a foreign country. Your best hope if you decide you're unhappy lies with the credit card company and that's a pretty weak safety line.

The real solution is to show some restraint on the front end. Buyer beware. Only buy from vendors with a reasonable return policy, only rely on grading by labs that you have vetted in advance, and only buy if you will have the opportunity to have the piece inspected by an expert who is working for YOU and where you've got a guarantee in writing that any problems will be made right and that the piece will be to your satisfaction.

beatDI

Rough_Rock
I, like many of you, have had a terrible experience with Diamonds International. I was swayed by my cruise line into thinking that DI was a credible jewelry store with the best prices in the world. Not only this, but they are "THE Diamonds International." To keep my situation brief: I purchased a loose diamond while on vacation. Upon returning to the US, I did some research to determine just how good of a deal I received. Much to my astonishment, I paid more than double what the piece was worth (LITERALLY!). After nearly a month of battling with DI, I was finally able to receive a refund via a tiny clause in their return policy on the back of their receipt. If you want to hear more about my story and how to get a refund for your piece, please **edited by moderator, video or personal links are not allowed**. While searching for information to fight this parasite, I was surprised to find very little. This is why I have made this YT video to help the rest of you and to save you the headache that I faced! Good luck!

**edited by moderator, video or personal links are not allowed**

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one is it? There are actually different Diamonds International around the world, there are ones here in Australia not connected to the ones previously mentioned.

lsoper

Rough_Rock
BeatDI, Im trying to help my Mother with her purchasing a diamond on her cruise ship from these monsters. They are awful and I would love some help and hear how you did it. How can I find the video you put together?

Thank you,
Lauren

SMS001

Rough_Rock
I, like many of you, have had a terrible experience with Diamonds International. I was swayed by my cruise line into thinking that DI was a credible jewelry store with the best prices in the world. Not only this, but they are "THE Diamonds International." To keep my situation brief: I purchased a loose diamond while on vacation. Upon returning to the US, I did some research to determine just how good of a deal I received. Much to my astonishment, I paid more than double what the piece was worth (LITERALLY!). After nearly a month of battling with DI, I was finally able to receive a refund via a tiny clause in their return policy on the back of their receipt. If you want to hear more about my story and how to get a refund for your piece, please **edited by moderator, video or personal links are not allowed**. While searching for information to fight this parasite, I was surprised to find very little. This is why I have made this YT video to help the rest of you and to save you the headache that I faced! Good luck!

**edited by moderator, video or personal links are not allowed**

SMS001

Rough_Rock
Hello beatDI

Congratulations for getting your money back. I have also been scammed. I would appreciate any help I can get. How can I get access to your video?

SMS001

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello beatDI

Congratulations for getting your money back. I have also been scammed. I would appreciate any help I can get. How can I get access to your video?

SMS001

Maybe try searching YouTube using the company’s name and the word ‘scam’.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results