shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
My whiteflash huggies will be here Friday, and I'm super psyched. I will need some pick me up as I'm expecting that my brother will be proposing to his GF at Christmas. She's a sweetie, but she's 1/2 his age. And I will be the long single person in the family. I am having a bit of a pity-party and I'm hoping some bling will make me feel a bit better...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TechieTechie|1418839492|3803038 said:
My whiteflash huggies will be here Friday, and I'm super psyched. I will need some pick me up as I'm expecting that my brother will be proposing to his GF at Christmas. She's a sweetie, but she's 1/2 his age. And I will be the long single person in the family. I am having a bit of a pity-party and I'm hoping some bling will make me feel a bit better...

(((((TechieTechie))))) Wearing some spectacular bling on your ears should help!

(I'm the lone singleton in my family.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1418890450|3803468 said:

Jen, I hope your WF earrings are every bit as gorgeous as I think they will be and that you love love love them!
And sending (((hugs))) to both you and VRBeauty.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chili for dinner followed by two days of chili for lunch is too much. I used four different sorts of peppers and let it cook all day. Tastes amazing!
That said, my body is rebelling and I am having great chili pains...

Having salad for lunch today!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1418911424|3803587 said:
VRBeauty|1418890450|3803468 said:

Jen, I hope your WF earrings are every bit as gorgeous as I think they will be and that you love love love them!
And sending (((hugs))) to both you and VRBeauty.

Techie, if you haven't already read Bridget Jones' Diary, you should - it's incredibly funny and it's about just this topic. Even if you've seen the movie, the book is much funnier. Bridget is in her early thirties and it starts with her at her parents' house for the holidays, and she's surrounded by unbearable couples both of her parents' age and her own age. Smug Marrieds, they're called! The whole thing is handled with great comedy. She makes the wonderful point that although people think nothing of asking single people "How's your love life?" it's considered the height of rudeness to ask a married couple if they're still having sex.

There's a point where a married friend asks her why she's still single and she thinks - it goes something like - "Because if I had to do Cosmo's washing, cook Cosmo's dinner and then get into bed with him just once, I'd kill myself" - I'm paraphrasing, but the book really captures the zeitgeist of being single in a world that pressures you to settle down and produce 2.4 kids.

And relationships can be very stressful.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
MC|1418700687|3801988 said:
I have to say Mike's hard lemonade is super good. Too bad it probably has a lot of sugar. Sigh!

They sell a light version too ;-)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got an unexpected gift today, a lovely gray cashmere sweater that's just perfect for me!

Actually, I just re-discovered it today.... I think I bought it as an end-of-the-season closeout last year - or maybe I got it at the Loehmann's final sale ;( ? - in any event, it was so far into spring that I don't think I've worn it more than once, until today!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AAAAAND...

I just noticed that we've now had more than five years of random comments! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1419281180|3805969 said:
I got an unexpected gift today, a lovely gray cashmere sweater that's just perfect for me!

Actually, I just re-discovered it today.... I think I bought it as an end-of-the-season closeout last year - or maybe I got it at the Loehmann's final sale ;( ? - in any event, it was so far into spring that I don't think I've worn it more than once, until today!

I love those unexpected surprises. It's like shopping in your closet when you still have (nice) clothes with the tags still attached. Enjoy your "new" gray cashmere sweater. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1419281283|3805971 said:
AAAAAND...

I just noticed that we've now had more than five years of random comments! :appl:

Thanks to you VR! Happy Anniversary!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was at a conference recently and a woman had set up a table and was selling jewelry during the conference. I ordered a ring from her and it just arrived. It's so different than anything I own, but I love it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man id like to not be sick anymore! I hope this zpak kicks in!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe|1419285922|3806031 said:
I was at a conference recently and a woman had set up a table and was selling jewelry during the conference. I ordered a ring from her and it just arrived. It's so different than anything I own, but I love it.

Pics or it didn't happen :loopy:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FINALLY upgrading my cell phone! Been eligible for upgrade for over a year which means I must have had this for 3!?!? (Hmmm.... since the new phone was a force purchase by DH's former employer, I wonder if it didn't reset that date and I've only actually had it for just shy of 2 years? That makes more sense...)

Got it narrowed down to the LG G3, Motorola Droid Maxx, and the Samsung Galaxy s4. Going to see them tomorrow to pick which one I like best :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Manderz, here it is...

newring.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1419331027|3806349 said:
Manderz, here it is...

Love it! So pretty! Wear in health and happiness Zoe!

ame said:
Man id like to not be sick anymore! I hope this zpak kicks in!

I hope you are feeling all better very soon ame!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Missy!

Ame, I hope you feel better soon.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! :wavey: It's like the neverending whatever. I am on antibiotics now, tons of breathing treatments again, and let's hope this kills it off. I sound ridiculous.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1419342674|3806389 said:
Thank you! :wavey: It's like the neverending whatever. I am on antibiotics now, tons of breathing treatments again, and let's hope this kills it off. I sound ridiculous.

Ick!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Are you taking pro-biotics to help keep your digestion healthy? If not, you might consider it. Make sure to take at least 2 hours from any antibiotic dose so they don't cancel them out!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES! I recognize myself in this! Cut it out and put it in my knitting notebook, I did!

(From Annie's Mailbox, 12/21/14, http://www.arcamax.com/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-1596063-668183#FLLsMbmYqlH45hwf.99)

Dear Annie: "Torn in Pennsylvania" said she gives homemade gifts to her family members, even though they never reciprocate. I have been on the receiving end of homemade gifts and perhaps can offer another perspective.

I have a spouse, children and grandchildren with whom I exchange gifts. I have no desire to do this with extended family or friends due to the cost and time involved. Whenever I have been the recipient of a nice but unwanted gift, I thank the person, but that's it. If the opportunity presents itself, I will casually mention that I prefer not to exchange gifts regularly with others in that manner. Still, I have one friend who continues to give me gifts. She seems OK with my not reciprocating, but it still makes me a bit uncomfortable.

If your recipients do not reciprocate, please do NOT continue to give them things. Chances are that your gifts, though lovely, create an obligation that they would rather not have. Please let them off the hook. -- Enough Gifts Already

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Manderz - your ring is lovely! Is that a moonstone?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1419363485|3806623 said:

Ick!

Are you taking pro-biotics to help keep your digestion healthy? If not, you might consider it. Make sure to take at least 2 hours from any antibiotic dose so they don't cancel them out!
Lol, I tend to think my digestion is pretty healthy... but I do have those. Ill pop a few with dinner. I have been taking my zpak at lunch

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1419367731|3806667 said:
TooPatient|1419363485|3806623 said:

Ick!

Lol, I tend to think my digestion is pretty healthy... but I do have those. Ill pop a few with dinner. I have been taking my zpak at lunch

I had (still have actually) a nasty sinus infection last year (yes, I've been miserable with it for a couple of years now :nono: ) and the doctor put me on some pretty strong antibiotics for two months. I started the process okay but she insisted I take probiotics because I'd need them. Glad she did! The antibiotic killed the good bacteria in my stomach (intestines?) and really messed with me even with the probiotics. By the time they swapped me to an even stronger antibiotic for another two months, I was feeling sick all the time. All told, I was on antibiotics for over 6 months.

My usual schedule was antibiotic with breakfast, probiotic with lunch, antibiotic with dinner, probiotic at bed. I started adding in another probiotic during the night when I got up for a snack. (yes, I was absolutely starving all the time and ended up eating snacks between meals and during the night -- if it was more than an hour after I had eaten, I was dizzy/nauseous and felt like I hadn't eaten in days :knockout: )

If you are on strong antibiotics, it is best to start sooner so you (hopefully) don't get as sick. Even if they are less strong you should still probably take to help balance out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That just sounds...interesting. What do they taste like?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1419369332|3806691 said:
That just sounds...interesting. What do they taste like?

Haha well they taste good (to me) but smell not so good. My dh however won't even taste them. It is an acquired taste but I truly believe it has helped me. I am on chronic antibiotics (8 years and counting) and I have never had a yeast infection. They are supposed to be all kinds of good for your health and immune system. Of course you may hate the taste but I wonder if you could sample something similar locally like at Whole Foods and see for yourself?

I hope you feel better soon ame!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
December is a challenging month with DH's B-Day, the twins B-Day and Christmas.

I am enjoying every busy moment though!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea maybe Ill check into that. I have probiotic pills...for now

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posting from my new LG G3!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results