shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's it: I want a Cartier LOVE bangle. It's ridiculous, and totally not practical but I want it. Now, the question is do I save forever, or try to get something else? I did talk with the local jeweler about a hinged bangle but I'm wondering as I was quoted in the $1500 range (probably a bit higher to get the width I'd like) if I should just get that....any sage advice?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1418319383|3799513 said:
It's snowing hard here so I'm getting into the spirit of things by wearing my sterling silver snowflake drop earrings:

Love 'em! :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1418435870|3800365 said:
That's it: I want a Cartier LOVE bangle. It's ridiculous, and totally not practical but I want it. Now, the question is do I save forever, or try to get something else? I did talk with the local jeweler about a hinged bangle but I'm wondering as I was quoted in the $1500 range (probably a bit higher to get the width I'd like) if I should just get that....any sage advice?

I really like the Cartier Love bangle... my vote would be save up for that. It's an instantly-recognizable classic.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
distracts|1418443997|3800426 said:

I really like the Cartier Love bangle... my vote would be save up for that. It's an instantly-recognizable classic.

I *KNOW* but its soooooooooooo expensive. WHY oh WHY can't I win the lotto? Or why can't I find a gently used, authentic, with ALL the stuff (box, cert, screwdriver, etc) for say $500 :naughty: :lol: :loopy:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1418446440|3800432 said:

I *KNOW* but its soooooooooooo expensive. WHY oh WHY can't I win the lotto? Or why can't I find a gently used, authentic, with ALL the stuff (box, cert, screwdriver, etc) for say $500 :naughty: :lol: :loopy:

Ok, so I did some math :-o and it would take upwards 5+ YEARS to save up for the bangle. ;( :-o :-o So, back down to reality, I think I'll head to the local jewelers and look at their 18k rose gold. I am hesitant about the LOVE because of the 24/7 idea. I know from being here long enough, that jewelry is not meant to wear 24/7. I also wonder about a hinged bangle and the hinge wearing out. Although, I'm guessing that a hinge wears out in say YEARS, so it's not THAT big of a deal....I probably could get an 18k hinged for much less than the LOVE.

Unless if one of you win the lotto and want to share some winnings :naughty: :angel: :shifty: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1418489578|3800575 said:
Cozystitches|1418446440|3800432 said:

Ok, so I did some math :-o and it would take upwards 5+ YEARS to save up for the bangle. ;( :-o :-o So, back down to reality, I think I'll head to the local jewelers and look at their 18k rose gold. I am hesitant about the LOVE because of the 24/7 idea. I know from being here long enough, that jewelry is not meant to wear 24/7. I also wonder about a hinged bangle and the hinge wearing out. Although, I'm guessing that a hinge wears out in say YEARS, so it's not THAT big of a deal....I probably could get an 18k hinged for much less than the LOVE.

Unless if one of you win the lotto and want to share some winnings :naughty: :angel: :shifty: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I was going to say if it's going to take you a really long time to save for the love, maybe you're better off getting something you can wear and enjoy now that fits into your budget better, then perhaps just start socking money away for the love - who knows, maybe once you get a bangle you won't even really be interested in getting the love, it might scratch that itch. I know in general, the PS attitude is to save until you can afford what you really want so some won't agree with me, but I just feel if it's going to take years, why not get something you will enjoy now. You can always sell it down the road.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked it up on the Cartier website. Whoa, that is one expensive bangle! I'm sure I've seen replicas of that design. Perhaps more in rings, though.

What about the preloved market? You could call jewelers in your area who have preloved and ask to be notified if they get one in.

I know it's not the same, but if you're craving a Cartier-type gold bangle, here's one, and it's on sale. It's like the Trinity bangle: http://www.bluenile.com/14k-white-rose-yellow-gold-bangle-bracelet_20192?elem=img&track=product

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checked out 1st Dibs for pre-loved, not much cheaper than new ($6600 for new, right?)
https://www.1stdibs.com/search/?q=cartier+love+bracelet

N Green and Sons has one for $5500.

I guess it's a popular item, not going to find it for much less I don't think. I'll keep looking though.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1418490331|3800578 said:
Yeah, I was going to say if it's going to take you a really long time to save for the love, maybe you're better off getting something you can wear and enjoy now that fits into your budget better, then perhaps just start socking money away for the love - who knows, maybe once you get a bangle you won't even really be interested in getting the love, it might scratch that itch. I know in general, the PS attitude is to save until you can afford what you really want so some won't agree with me, but I just feel if it's going to take years, why not get something you will enjoy now. You can always sell it down the road.

You are very right Junebugh17, I am feeling better about the buy a fun bangle with the quality I want for less. The ultimate plan would be to pair it with a tennis bracelet and I'm not sure how much I'd like to do that with a LOVE because of being so worried of scratching.

Jambalaya said:
What about the preloved market? You could call jewelers in your area who have preloved and ask to be notified if they get one in.
I know it's not the same, but if you're craving a Cartier-type gold bangle, here's one, and it's on sale. It's like the Trinity bangle: http://www.bluenile.com/14k-white-rose-yellow-gold-bangle-bracelet_20192?elem=img&track=product

I thought about preloved, however even then it would be YEARS to save. Plus the stress of the "fake or not" roller coaster.

junebug17 said:
Just checked out 1st Dibs for pre-loved, not much cheaper than new ($6600 for new, right?)

I guess it's a popular item, not going to find it for much less I don't think. I'll keep looking though.

I checked several places and many are not that much cheaper than the list price. I'm not against a preloved, but again its the waiting game.

If I get one made, I can potentially get it this summer...

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1418490331|3800578 said:

You are very right Junebugh17, I am feeling better about the buy a fun bangle with the quality I want for less. The ultimate plan would be to pair it with a tennis bracelet and I'm not sure how much I'd like to do that with a LOVE because of being so worried of scratching.

Jambalaya said:

I thought about preloved, however even then it would be YEARS to save. Plus the stress of the "fake or not" roller coaster.

junebug17 said:

I checked several places and many are not that much cheaper than the list price. I'm not against a preloved, but again its the waiting game.

If I get one made, I can potentially get it this summer...

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So my husband just told me that Laura Ingalls Wilder grew up near a family of serial killers and that Pa killed them as part of a vigilante movement.

WTH?!?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
luvsdmb|1417810932|3795950 said:
Trying to win the $1000 holiday giveaway is hard....do you just make random comments on everything? Or do you still try to stick to subjects you would normally view?

It is hard. But thinking about it takes away from the work of posting... really hoping to win here!

D

Deactivated member 42515

HI! I left but now I am back!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Hi MC!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say Mike's hard lemonade is super good. Too bad it probably has a lot of sugar. Sigh!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I wanna win!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom I read something COMPLETELY different in that hyperlink. OMG.

D

Deactivated member 42515

I can't believe this was happening and I totally missed the first three!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1418700715|3801993 said:

Now I'm so curious...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting! Reading all the comments is interesting as well. I've read serial killer books up that wazoo and I don't recall reading about the Benders. I gotta go look thru my books again.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
So frustrating when you can't put together the perfect pair of earrings.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1418700952|3802047 said:
Yssie|1418700715|3801993 said:

Now I'm so curious...

LOL. Substituted another "o" word for "omissions" - yes, I'm THAT immature :bigsmile:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a totally different topic, I'm enjoying some freshly made applesauce. Yum, yum, yum! :lickout: It's one of my favorite winter time treats.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MC|1418700687|3801988 said:
I have to say Mike's hard lemonade is super good. Too bad it probably has a lot of sugar. Sigh!

Try the Mango and the Strawberry Lemonade......LOVE THEM!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too funny not to share....

(short background -- We offered "A" piano lessons and she flat out refused. Offered to teach her a bit at home so she could poke her way through writing down the songs she writes. Again told she had no interest.)

"A" came home from school today and said that she wants to learn a song on the piano. "I mean, I don't want to learn to play the piano.... just this ONE song."
It got even funnier when she insisted that she didn't want to learn the piano. She just needs to be able to play this one song in a few weeks while singing :-o :lol: :lol:

Okay....
Got that out!

We were nice when she mentioned it. No laughing. Just straight forward mention of how that would be rather challenging and you really do need the basics and more than a few weeks to do what she is wanting to do. I even suggested that she get together with a friend of hers who plays piano and have her record the piano accompaniment so that "A" can sing using the recording.

Anyway.... I thought it was hilarious. We tried to explain that her request was sort of like a little kid walking up and telling her "I don't want to learn how to paint. I just want to reproduce that Rembrandt for my school project!"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results