color
clarity

Rikitea Strand:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Re: Riketia Strand:

Fly Girl|1417493269|3793681 said:
And then there is this one, 18-inch AAA 8.7-10.9 Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace

"This stunning strand of round Tahitian pearls features pearls exhibiting the coveted "dark cherry" colors. The body color is very dark, and the cherry overtones pop."

That was one of the cherry strands that had me drooling. Also this one:

"This stunning strand of round Tahitians exhibits cherry overtones that are so strong, the pearls appear to nearly be a cross between copper and purple." AAA 9.3-10.9 mm.

4652_1_.jpg

4652_2_.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock

4Ranch Girl|1417499643|3793725 said:
ok, OK FlyGirl just for you here is 2 of the best of the bad pictures. The overtone colors do not even show in these pictures but you can see the luster and buildings a cross a big court yard. They are the ultimate peacock on very dark body. Sometimes they look blue/green and others with purple oil/gas slick colors. They are my little mirrors.

It's so nice to see your gorgeous strand again, although the photos do not fully capture its beauty. IRL, the luster is so high and the peacock overtones, with that fabulous oil slick pop of colors, are so intense, that the effect is mesmerizing. I just stared at this strand over lunch.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

I am now debating whether to stick with 1557 or switch to 1545. I recently tried on 4RG's teal strand, and the color looks great with my skin. I wonder if 1545 would look teal IRL. The darker blue 1557 might be more rare, but I wonder which will look better on me.

:confused:

4666_1_1.jpg

4653_1_.jpg

4666_2_1.jpg

4653_2_.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

The difference is a hint of green on the other strand on the midnight dark, dark body or overtones such as purple and green on a midnight dark blue. Jeremy typically writes the discriptions of the strands so he did see a difference in the blue to say dark, dark as opposed to just dark midnight. Last I think I like the purple and green overtones on your strand rather than just a hint of green overtone. A call in the morning would be ok BUT Kay remember you almost passed on your akoya's by over thinking about them, and what a pitty that would have been :wall: Bottom line is all of these strands are going to be something very, very special and you will have one of them :naughty: :lickout:

Oh and I don't think any of these will really look teal because my teal strand is blue overtone over black body. These overtones are going to be over a blue body and that will make the world of diference like comparing apples and oranges.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

4Ranch Girl|1417499643|3793725 said:
ok, OK FlyGirl just for you here is 2 of the best of the bad pictures. The overtone colors do not even show in these pictures but you can see the luster and buildings a cross a big court yard. They are the ultimate peacock on very dark body. Sometimes they look blue/green and others with purple oil/gas slick colors. They are my little mirrors.
Thank you so much for the photos, 4Ranch Girl. Fat sisters, indeed. So plump and green and glossy. I can see a hint of the intense pink overtones in the bottom pearl in your first picture. So, more like my green bodied drop strands from that lot of 5,600 pearls.

With all of this talk of Rikitea pearls, I am definitely wearing my green drop "fat sisters" pearls from the September sale tomorrow. We are all lucky pearl duckies. For sure. :dance:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Holy Moly I can't wait to see the photos of these strands !! I've never seen the blue strands in real life so it will be really interesting to see what the daytime photos are like ... this is so exciting.. :appl: . Both of those strands look absolutely amazing ..real stunners!! :love:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Holy Moly I can't wait to see the photos of these strands !! I've never seen the blue strands in real life so it will be really interesting to see what the daytime photos are like ... this is so exciting.. :appl: . Both of those strands look absolutely amazing ..real stunners!! :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

4 Ranch -- is this a new rope of plump smooth drops from the Ruckus? It is SO lustrous! Tell us everything, please!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Bsomlo, Fly Girl and Kay: I'm so excited for all 3 of you! Pls pls post lots of pics when you get your beauties.

4RG: Beautiful strand!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Thrilled for all of you getting those stunning blue strands!!! :love: :love: :love: Looking forward to more photos!

And 4RG that is one gorgeous strand you have there!!!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

4RanchGirl - Photograph the strand in a make-shift light box at home, I have been waiting to see these colors! :love: :love:

Kay

Ideal_Rock

4Ranch Girl|1417503661|3793744 said:
The difference is a hint of green on the other strand on the midnight dark, dark body or overtones such as purple and green on a midnight dark blue. Jeremy typically writes the discriptions of the strands so he did see a difference in the blue to say dark, dark as opposed to just dark midnight. Last I think I like the purple and green overtones on your strand rather than just a hint of green overtone. A call in the morning would be ok BUT Kay remember you almost passed on your akoya's by over thinking about them, and what a pitty that would have been :wall: Bottom line is all of these strands are going to be something very, very special and you will have one of them :naughty: :lickout:

Oh and I don't think any of these will really look teal because my teal strand is blue overtone over black body. These overtones are going to be over a blue body and that will make the world of diference like comparing apples and oranges.

Ha ha, yes I do have a tendency to overthink things. It's so hard for me to make a decision, especially at this pricepoint, without being able to try on the options. I tried to call Jeremy yesterday to ask if he liked any of the remaining strands better than 1557 and to ask about loose pearls for earrings and to lengthen the strand. It looks like 1545 sold, so the question is now moot. Both were described as dark, dark blue, just with different overtones. I'm bummed 1550 sold while I was waiting for the email with the discount code, as that was described as dark blue, sharp luster, with subtle overtones of purple and green. I wonder who got that one?

I may need to put in a special request for a strand of teal baroques (next year). Of course, DH is going to wonder just how many strands of blue pearls I need! (He thinks it is misguided to spend money on the rarer colors, like blue, since most people are not familiar with those colors and will think they are cheap dyed pearls.) :rolleyes:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1417467783|3793425 said:
Jeremy blogged about the blue round Tahitian strands with a link to the Rikitea strands yesterday.

I've wanted a round blue strand for some time now, and was beginning to think it wasn't in the cards. I saw tons of Tahitians in person at the Ruckus, round and baroque, but not pure blue strands.

This strand grabbed me, and I grabbed it:

18-inch AAA 8.1-10.2 Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace
This lovely strand of round Tahitian pearls features pearls with a medium-dark blue body color and overtones of purple - rare colors!

I can hardly wait to see it in person.

For now, I am going to have it strung with a WG laser clasp. I may remove pearls for earrings later on, and the diamond rondelle idea is might appealing... but let me meet it first.

Gorgeous! All these strands are lovely, but I think yours might be my favorite, bsomlo! Not too dark, just stunning!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kay|1417543241|3793938 said:

Ha ha, yes I do have a tendency to overthink things. It's so hard for me to make a decision, especially at this pricepoint, without being able to try on the options. I tried to call Jeremy yesterday to ask if he liked any of the remaining strands better than 1557 and to ask about loose pearls for earrings and to lengthen the strand. It looks like 1545 sold, so the question is now moot. Both were described as dark, dark blue, just with different overtones. I'm bummed 1550 sold while I was waiting for the email with the discount code, as that was described as dark blue, sharp luster, with subtle overtones of purple and green. I wonder who got that one?

I may need to put in a special request for a strand of teal baroques (next year). Of course, DH is going to wonder just how many strands of blue pearls I need! (He thinks it is misguided to spend money on the rarer colors, like blue, since most people are not familiar with those colors and will think they are cheap dyed pearls.) :rolleyes:

I got saved from myself too. Bsomio rescued me from the lighter blue strand while I was waiting for the cyber Monday code, and 1550 was my 2nd choice, and it got snapped up too before the code came through. At that point I looked at 1545 for a good long time, but decided that the price point was too high for a 3rd choice, no matter how pretty it might be (it's the 16% exchange and 20% duty that kills me). Besides, I thought the luster might have been slightly less sharp on it than the ones you all bought. Plus, I already have a strand of off round blue-green body colour ones, and thought it might be a bit too close to that.

It is ok....I am sooooo looking forward to looking at your beauties, and my CC and option to go on a winter vacation thank you!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful strands, everyone!! I can't wait to start seeing all the "real life" photos. Although I never planned on purchasing one since I'd already bought too many things already, it was the strand that Bsomio bought that had really called to me, too. That blue is just to die for!! I also noticed that strand said it was sold on Sunday- but PP's chat function was "on" during Sunday which is probably how it was sold or reserved early.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

bsomlo|1417525191|3793809 said:
4 Ranch -- is this a new rope of plump smooth drops from the Ruckus? It is SO lustrous! Tell us everything, please!!!
yep "the fat sister" made their debut in bad pictures.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

cmd2014|1417545700|3793965 said:
Kay|1417543241|3793938 said:

I got saved from myself too. Bsomio rescued me from the lighter blue strand while I was waiting for the cyber Monday code, and 1550 was my 2nd choice, and it got snapped up too before the code came through. At that point I looked at 1545 for a good long time, but decided that the price point was too high for a 3rd choice, no matter how pretty it might be (it's the 16% exchange and 20% duty that kills me). Besides, I thought the luster might have been slightly less sharp on it than the ones you all bought. Plus, I already have a strand of off round blue-green body colour ones, and thought it might be a bit too close to that.

It is ok....I am sooooo looking forward to looking at your beauties, and my CC and option to go on a winter vacation thank you!!!

Yep, that's what is getting to me, CMD. Bsomlo got my first choice, 1550 was my second choice, and Fly Girl got my third choice. I grabbed 1557 yesterday morning so I would get something since the whole group is very rare, but I am having qualms about paying that price point for my fourth choice strand. It will be my most expensive strand, so I have to love it, which I hope I will when I see it IRL.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
haha y'all, i just had to call 1-800-4RG-RESQ to talk me off the Rikitea ledge. now someone has to buy TAN100-1549 so i can see it IRL.

18-inch AAA 8.5-10.9 mm Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace
The predominant body color of this stunning strand is dark blue. The overtones vary from green to even a slight bit of cherry. Dark blue is considered one of the rarest colors ever found in Tahitian pearls.

tan-1549.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
OMG -- your Pearl Sponsor!!!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
more like ANTI pearl sponsor! :devil:

no, really, she pointed out quite obviously that i am NOT a round pearl girl, asked whether or not i'd reach for that strand very often, and then *i* pointed out i just bought a blue-green body baroque strand that i will probably love and wear much more frequently anyway, and then i came here to post about how i didn't buy it.

*sigh*

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Smart choice. Truly. Buy what you adore and will wear. Not just what you appreciate, because we are a pretty appreciative bunch when it comes to everything pearl.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1417558674|3794061 said:
OMG -- your Pearl Sponsor!!!
this is so funny and yes it is me :wavey:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1417559583|3794082 said:
Smart choice. Truly. Buy what you adore and will wear. Not just what you appreciate, because we are a pretty appreciative bunch when it comes to everything pearl.

Very true. We would all go broke buying everything we appreciate. Every time I see a cool new style, I want one, then I have to talk myself down off the ledge. (Thanks to PS and PP, my wish list now includes a 57" black spinel necklace with scattered round pastel Tahitians, a baroque Tahitian wave type necklace from the Encircled Collection with gold bands on the largest pearls -- maybe teal pearls with white gold or cherries with yellow gold to scratch one of thsoe color itches too, and something with black onyx links).

JB, you are cracking me up with the anti-pearl sponsor. I got the opposite advice from your sponsor, because I do wear rounds as well as baroques, I just hadn't sprung for anything other than akoya and FW rounds before.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay,

The good thing is that if you get it and don't love it, the return policy is generous. I'm ok with passing as truthfully the guilt of overspending would outweigh the joy of purchasing one of the strands that were left...and it really was a choice between this and a winter vacation. Come February when it is -30 to -40C, I will be really glad of the choice I made. I'm sure every single one of these strands is stunning though.

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
juliebeth|1417558499|3794058 said:
haha y'all, i just had to call 1-800-4RG-RESQ to talk me off the Rikitea ledge. now someone has to buy TAN100-1549 so i can see it IRL.

18-inch AAA 8.5-10.9 mm Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace
The predominant body color of this stunning strand is dark blue. The overtones vary from green to even a slight bit of cherry. Dark blue is considered one of the rarest colors ever found in Tahitian pearls.

I love this quote! :angel:

I purchased strand 1559 and have been in a dither about trading it for 1549 :think:

Now I just hope I love it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, Bsomlo! Can't wait for the neck shots!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
cmd -- instead of posting neck shots -- I am requesting "Winter Vacation" shots from you!

Thanks for sharing in the Rikitea excitement, everyone!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1417575768|3794243 said:
cmd -- instead of posting neck shots -- I am requesting "Winter Vacation" shots from you!

Thanks for sharing in the Rikitea excitement, everyone!

Well, here was last year. It was our first winter vacation ....ever...and it was unbelievably nice. I am so hoping that we get to go somewhere similar (or at least warm) this year. Otherwise it's a bit like being north of the wall in Game of Thrones. It's why I have to stop buying pearls!!! (At least temporarily). May all of your Rikitea Blues be as bright as a tropical sky!

_24822.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I have the blues for a vacation too. No blue rounds for me now but in the future yes! My first choice, the very first night was the 1557 Kay strand! Cant wait to see these photos in natural light settings.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Question, ladies: The blog mentioned 51 Rikitea strands. The most I've seen with the search "Rikitea" was 22 ... do you think there are more, or is my search wrong?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results