shape
carat
color
clarity

Rikitea Strand:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Superb question! Where are the other 29?

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Well, the blog did say "this week" ... ? And wondering about the mysterious "vault strand" mentioned a bit ago too :)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, fudge, I thought I had escaped. I totally forgot about the other 29 :wall:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I've been wondering about the other 29 strands too. I wonder if there will be more blues. The cherries have been so yummy too, but I really can't do both!

CMD, your vacation picture makes me long for a trip (although it doesn't get that cold here). I so rarely get to take time off, that I buy stuff to console myself instead. Three cheers for retail therapy, lol. I just used up a bunch of vacation time to plan and travel to the Mid-West for my dad's funeral, so there will not be any fun trips for a while (and I really could use one).

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Kay, I am very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Incredible pearl strands - wow! Congratulations to those of you that got one. And please don't say there are anymore!

Kay - I am sorry for your loss.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1417585427|3794327 said:
And you do wear round pearls :bigsmile: :lol:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
And you do love rare.

And you do love dark blue.

Just sayin'.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1417582865|3794303 said:
Well, the blog did say "this week" ... ? And wondering about the mysterious "vault strand" mentioned a bit ago too :)

Here is my reading of the vault strand comment. All of the Pearl Paradise "Harvest Strands" should be considered to be "Vault Strands". Josh, a pearl farmer, can create true pearl harvest strands. Since Jeremy does not harvest pearls, but instead buys them and sells them out of his vault, his would be vault strands. I think that by mentioning this in his blog, Jeremy was conceding Josh's point, but he still wanted to keep the very useful marketing name of "Harvest Strand".

No doubt I am biased, as the proud owner of a Kamoka harvest strand. :saint: 8-) :bigsmile: :naughty:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay, I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

I think your strand is going to be beautiful. It's hard to imagine Jeremy choosing any strand that wasn't stunning, especially not when it is saved to be to be released in a special reserved set like this. I think the problem is that when there are so many to choose from, it's easy to get lost in the minute differences between them, when each and every one is gorgeous in it's own way.

I am so looking forward to the natural light and neck shot pictures from everyone. It's such a treat to be able to see things the next best way to being there in person with everyone here.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- maybe I am making this up -- but wasn't there talk a little while ago that Jeremy should make a "Vault Strand"?! In other words, Josh can make a true "Harvest Strand" comprised of various pearls from his harvest. Jeremy could make a "Vault Strand" made up of picks of all categories of pearls he has in his vault. If it's pleasing to the eye, it could be made from odds and ends of all pearl types, sizes and shapes. A PP Vault Strand.

Imagine, let's say you wanted to stay pastel, a strand with:

-- white, gold, silver, blue akoya (round and baroque)
-- silver, white, foam Tahitians (round and baroque)
-- WSS, GSS (round, baroque, drop)
-- pink, lavender, peach, white round CFW
-- light colored metallic souffles, various sizes
-- light colored fireballs
-- pale colored Edisons (any shapes)
-- light colored ripples (large and small)
-- pink/champagne/lavender metallic keshi
-- akoya/Tahitian keshi

If designed correctly, it could be a "quilt" of odds and ends representing PP's Vault.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo - Ah, then, that would be interesting. And, a true vault strand in that it has many types of pearls.

The real challenge would be in making it attractive, but I know that the right pearl artist is out there who could do this.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'd be up for one, if the arrangement was pleasing!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1417630340|3794586 said:
I'd be up for one, if the arrangement was pleasing!
and lightweight! 8)

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Yes, there was talk ... PP Facebook Page: When they showed off the "uber pearl collection" Nov. 10, there was a comment "You're going to want to see the Vault strand on Black Friday" ... in response to a comment about a pearl necklace "with all the different colors tastefully arranged" ... no photo. Perhaps whatever that one was, someone reserved it right away, if there was only one. Also, there was a photo on Jeremy's blog post dated September 12, 2014 about Tahitian "Harvest" strands ... last photo is a "harvest strand" of freshwater pearls :) And that's the post FlyGirl mentioned, where at the end Jeremy mentions Josh's idea of a "vault strand" ... also something I heard Josh and Jeremy talk about at the Ruckus ... something I'd love to see!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Kay, I am very sorry for the loss of your dad ... HUGS, roomie ...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I got notification that my Rikitea necklace should be here on Monday. Stay tuned...

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay so sorry for your loss of your Dad. XOXO

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1417652126|3794779 said:
I got notification that my Rikitea necklace should be here on Monday. Stay tuned...

While you are waiting, here is a photo of a single dark blue pearl that Jeremy published on FB back in May.

darkbluepearl.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1417614127|3794451 said:
4Ranch Girl|1417585427|3794327 said:
And you do wear round pearls :bigsmile: :lol:
Yes I occasionally do but they don't make my heart sing like the baroques do. I guess that is why I have 10 strands of them :mrgreen: The good news is I asked Jeremy today about the other strands here is his answer "The other 29 strands? Probably not anytime too soon. We are just too busy. I did upload what we all considered the best of the best Rikiteas." So we have seen the best of them :D and you don't have to worry that there is a better blue lurking just out of reach in that vault :drool:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Darn ... :) Ah, well; maybe next time.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo, Pkinnew, CMD, CRD, Frost Me, thank you. He passed 3 weeks ago, which is why I stopped posting for a while. The last several months were pretty bad: he was hospitalized several times for his COPD, pneumonia, etc. and had increasing dementia. In August, they told us he probably only had 6 months left. I had hoped he would have one more Christmas with his granddaughters. The last three weeks have been a bit of a blur. My mom has advanced Alzheimer’s, so I am responsible for handling everything.

We got hit with another blow today. DH’s dad was hospitalized in Boston this morning with renal failure. They had to resuscitate him twice today, and administered last rites this evening. His test results after dialysis were a little better, so they upped his odds to 50/50. DH is on a plane now flying back there. FIL is a very sweet man and a great grandfather. He is still in his 60s and is far too young to go (my dad was 88). I’m snuggled up in bed with my girls, trying to sleep. We can’t take another loss right now.

Sorry for the threadjack.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Kay, sending you hugs. My thoughts are with you and your DH and your girls during this painful time.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, I'm really sorry for your loss, and I hope that your FIL recovers.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kay, I am so sorry to hear about what's been happening. I so hope that things with your FIL can be turned around.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you today, Kay. Sorry for your loss, and it is tough to have these things happen so close together and during the holidays.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Kay: I'm sorry to hear about your loss and hope your FIL gets better.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thought to post a pic of my charm bracelet with 3 of the special pp pearls - from left to right, green with peacock overtones, dark blue and green with intense purple overtone that almost masks the green body color. IRL they look green, dark blue and intense purple:

image_2663.jpg

I'm guessing that the Rikitea strands will have similar coloration since they are from the same batch of pearls and will look extremely gorgeous. The purple one looks especially striking against my skin so if strand 1544 has a similar coloration, it will make someone very happy. Did anyone from here get 1544?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the photo, icy jade. I'm thinking that my Rikitea blue strand will be like your middle pearl, dark blue with purple overtones at the edges. Fingers crossed here. I have seen such a pearl in person, and I really, really like it. :))

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Icy Jade, I liked your charm bracelet before, but ON .... SO MUCH better ... the colors are stunning :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results