clarity

Setting the ACV Cushion Diamond I just impulsively bought

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Setting the ACV Cushion Diamond I just impulsively bough

mrs-blop|1412286471|3760869 said:
Hi TXguy :wavey:

I, too, looked at your fiancee-to-be's pinterest page, and I noticed that she had a couple of pins from Pricescope on there.

So there's probably a chance (possibly a very good chance!) that she will see this thread and see her own Pinterest page listed here and definitely know this is for her!

Just wanted to mention this in case you wanted to keep it a surprise.

And I love the stone and I vote rose gold as well, though I think yellow gold would be a winner also.

Good luck!

No not necessarily. People pull a pic off Pricescope and then it gets gets passed with in pinterest. Most people just find rings off pinterest, they aren't going to the it'd part websites like us, to find rings.

She could be, true, but usually not the case.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I used to own a .99 K AVC. I vote for a yellow gold halo with a white gold band or an all yellow gold ring with a halo.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock

I love AVCs!

Hmm, I love the two-tone setting, but I don't know her that well. As settings are super expensive and non-returnable. I vote that you propose with a simple yg or rg temporary setting (GOG can help with this) and have her pick the halo style and color. She might surprise you!

Fantastic choice!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Niel|1412278679|3760766 said:
TXguy|1412276075|3760735 said:
This is not an easy decision
I feel bad "stalking" her pinterest sense I don't know her, but I looked again and she does have,recently,a fair amount of yellow gold jewelry.... and there is specifically a yellow gold halo pinned.... Plus if she's the person in the avatar,I can't make her out much but her skin tone would be flattered by yellow gold,from the little I can see. (I promise I'm not getting nosey!)

And the yellow gold is absolutely the most flattering. I'd even leave the prongs yellow, probably

Can I just say again.... love, love, love your diamond!!!

I, too, echo you and Niel in thinking yellow the most becoming on your rock. I went and looked at her picks and think you are right on and knocking it out of the park with this vintage cushion- I'd put it in a yellow gold halo- she loves them and has some; she definitely likes vintage inspired and even chose champagne stones in some of her choices. Sorry for my prior suggestion without researching budget.

I actually think the diamond looks great in the setting in first 2 pics but would personally hesitate to do a mixed metal setting like that one. She can always get a band to mix it up down the line.

TXguy

Rough_Rock

ok so im pretty set on the tacori 2620... between white and yellow gold

this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwsMqUcz9S8

white gold in that video and it looks incredible... I know yellow would look incredable too. Looks like they can do a smooth band or with diamonds

here is a video with white gold and a K diamond:
http://vimeo.com/14621870

picks of an M diamond... is that yellow gold??
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-m-is-here-avc-discoball-in-tacori-halo-pic-heavy.178047/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-m-is-here-avc-discoball-in-tacori-halo-pic-heavy.178047/[/URL]

any pics of a yellow gold tacori 2620 with a k diamond?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TXguy|1412347369|3761339 said:
ok so im pretty set on the tacori 2620... between white and yellow gold

this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwsMqUcz9S8

white gold in that video and it looks incredible... I know yellow would look incredable too. Looks like they can do a smooth band or with diamonds

here is a video with white gold and a K diamond:
http://vimeo.com/14621870

picks of an M diamond... is that yellow gold??
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-m-is-here-avc-discoball-in-tacori-halo-pic-heavy.178047/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-m-is-here-avc-discoball-in-tacori-halo-pic-heavy.178047/[/URL]

any pics of a yellow gold tacori 2620 with a k diamond?

The second video, though lovely, really makes me push for the yellow gold. I think unless we knew she liked the contrast, I wouldn't try and accentuate it with white metal.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TXguy|1412350493|3761371 said:
http://gallery.weddingbee.com/photo/yellow-gold-yellow-diamond-dream-ring/

wow that looks amazing... its a fancy yellow... Almost makes me want to go deeper into the color spectrum!!!
That setting is beautiful. Its a bit more ornate than most of her pins. Are you comfortable and confident in that?

TXguy

Rough_Rock

actually seems to be a little too high priced....

so I'm just going to have GOG overnight the diamond to me and ill take it to some local places here in Houston this weekend. It will be easier to look in person and compare everything.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TXguy|1412353912|3761401 said:
actually seems to be a little too high priced....

so I'm just going to have GOG overnight the diamond to me and ill take it to some local places here in Houston this weekend. It will be easier to look in person and compare everything.
I agree. In general I always thought tacori was overpriced. I think you can find something closer to your budget and her inspiration pics.

But still I say yellow gold all the way!

TXguy

Rough_Rock

Found some really nice settings at a local spot. It will be made in 18K Yellow Gold.

fullsizerender__2_.jpg

fullsizerender__1_.jpg fullsizerender.jpg

fullsizerender__4_.jpg
fullsizerender__5_.jpg

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock

Looks really beautiful :) Is that Shaftel Diamonds? I went there when I initially started my search and Keith Shaftel seems wonderful to work with!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Glad you find something you like in budget! Which setting did you pick of those ones you posted??

TXguy

Rough_Rock

End result... On her finger

imageuploadedbytapatalk1414423444.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1414423467.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love it! Does she??

TXguy

Rough_Rock

Oh yeah she's obsessed. Says she's never even seen a ring that beautiful. Diamond is so much more impressive now that it's set. Makes modern cuts look like garbage. Totally blew her mind. She says she can't stop staring at it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats!!! It's gorgeous!

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock

Looks lovely, congrats!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Congrats!!!! Of course I am biased but I totally agree...antique cushions are NOTHING like modern cushions. It's beautiful!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What did she say about the choice of metal?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats, you did an amazing job, stunning stone and a beautiful ring, what more could any girl ask for!!!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I missed this thread but huge congrats! I absolutely adore AVCs, some of my absolute faves and I think you made the right decision going with this diamond, I would have suggested that you pick this one. Totally stunningly gorgeous! I also love the way it looks set and though I would have probably suggested rose or even white potentially I really do love YG in this case, I just find it to be a riskier choice but so happy that she loved it. The good thing is that even if someone does not like YG, not only it fits this stone, the metal showing is minimal which is perfect as it showcases that awesome center diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Late to the thread, too, but I was having heart failure earlier when people suggested going with a modern cushion instead! No way would she have seen a cushion as good as those at GOG, so that's why she doesn't have them pinned!

Congratulations! You did a great job on the ring!

(Can you show the profile view? It looks like it might be set a little high because I think I can see a gap.)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations! Gorgeous ring and YG is perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results