shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set an asscher cut blue Zircon

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: You sound like DH. But it's true, I cannot afford anything else now; however, it's more than worth it! Plus, I look forward to spending time with my friend at the show. If nothing else, I'll enjoy her company and get setting ideas. :naughty:
I was a financial planner in a former life long ago - to avoid temptation and to curb impulsive spenders, we got them to freeze the cc (standing up and on edge) in a butter tub/tiny tupperware* so that it simply took a bit more determination to get to it ;)) Enjoy the show with your friend though.

You haven't been around here long - goodness! Two months! AND you've scored a paraiba... I'm not even sure you know what you've just bought :lol:

Ah pity they didn't respond but the AJS ones are lovely, thanks for that.

ETA: *in water. Just in case someone needs to try it.

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Starzin, I actually have a lot of self-control, but thank you for the trick. :) And I work for a financial company, so that helps too.

I never thought I'd own one! That's why I had to contact Adam when it was just out of reach.

Sure thing. I thought they were as well.

ETA*: Adam is shipping the cab overnight so I should have it tomorrow! :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Perfect! Thank you.

haha I'm on page 2 and so far that's the same one that stood out to me. :) Can't wait to look through each page.

Oh goodness, there's only 3 pages! Looks like I'll be turning to Google and gem shows too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1412267849|3760646 said:
Perfect! Thank you.

haha I'm on page 2 and so far that's the same one that stood out to me. :) Can't wait to look through each page.

Oh goodness, there's only 3 pages! Looks like I'll be turning to Google and gem shows too.

:lol:
Have a look on Leon Mege's website as well. He works with cabs a lot.

S

SparkliesLuver

I can definitely do that. Thanks!

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! How exciting. :appl:
I have been admiring that one from afar for awhile now since it's not in my budget, so I am so glad it's going to a PS'er and I can admire vicariously! Can't wait to see pics! :D

S

SparkliesLuver

sparkleismyfavcolor said:
Congratulations! How exciting. :appl:
I have been admiring that one from afar for awhile now since it's not in my budget, so I am so glad it's going to a PS'er and I can admire vicariously! Can't wait to see pics! :D

Thank you! I completely know how you feel since that's me 99% of the time. ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prong set in a halo design in either rose or yellow gold. If you can swing it, halo it using light pink melees. :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
Prong set in a halo design in either rose or yellow gold. If you can swing it, halo it using light pink melees. :naughty:

I have time to save for the setting, Chrono, so all things might be possible. Fingers crossed for large bonuses, but we'll see! ;-) I appreciate you starting my ideas folder. Love ideas, thank you. I'm not sure my family jeweler will work out for this, so I might be on the hunt for that too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1412276938|3760747 said:

I would love a double halo with white and pink diamonds, mixed metals, like this. The possibilities. :naughty: :cheeky:

03c1a100aad25c75d61462284523368a_1_.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or can you imagine something like this, but instead of tsavorite melee, pink melee, with the paraiba in the middle. I saved this design off a long time ago.

tsavorite_cab_ring.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a ring, TL! :-o :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another setting idea from Leon. I love paraibas in yellow gold.

leon_paraiba_yellow.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh heck yeah, TL! I say hand the darn thing over to TL and let her get it set it for you if those pics are any indication :bigsmile:

S

SparkliesLuver

Wow, TL, you are on a roll! :love: Thank you.

I know I'm putting the cart before the horse by asking this, but I want to know. :naughty: I'm sure I'll phrase this wrong (please excuse me), but does the under part of the gallery have to be closed when setting a cab? Is that preferred? Does it make it more secure? I'm sure it would affect the color of the cab since light couldn't come in, right? Or would it not matter since it's sitting on your finger anyway. :confused:

I saw several examples last night online (while I couldn't sleep) that only looked to have a couple tiny little prongs holding the cab. It made me so nervous just looking at it! Then I found this and fell in love with the design although the halo diamonds look a little large. But even this example, how is the cab really held in place?

img_5690.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1412336832|3761253 said:
Wow, TL, you are on a roll! :love: Thank you.

I know I'm putting the cart before the horse by asking this, but I want to know. :naughty: I'm sure I'll phrase this wrong (please excuse me), but does the under part of the gallery have to be closed when setting a cab? Is that preferred? Does it make it more secure? I'm sure it would affect the color of the cab since light couldn't come in, right? Or would it not matter since it's sitting on your finger anyway. :confused:

I saw several examples last night online (while I couldn't sleep) that only looked to have a couple tiny little prongs holding the cab. It made me so nervous just looking at it! Then I found this and fell in love with the design although the halo diamonds look a little large. But even this example, how is the cab really held in place?

You're welcome! :))

That back is at least open for cleaning. I don't like backs that are completely closed, and the reason the cab is staying in place is because Leon uses platinum which is a very strong metal. However, personally for me, I would use longer claw prongs just to be on the safe side.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more examples of how the cab is put in place. It looks like very 'loose' constructions but it's good to know the platinum does the trick:

_22936.jpg

_22937.jpg

_22938.jpg

_22939.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And more...

_22940.jpg

_22941.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm getting the consensus that strong metal is ideal for cabs and longer claw prongs. :) Got it! And an open back.

Thank you, Acinom! I'm drooling over here and it's not even 9 am. :lol: The package should arrive by 10:30 am. Just checked and it said it's on the truck for delivery. :D

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
twiddling thumbs

S

SparkliesLuver

haha You and me both, Preg! Truth be told, my mom is at my house waiting to sign for it. She's retired and graciously said she'd wait for it (since I didn't want it sitting in some warehouse all day). Adam was too quick on the shipping so he sent it to my house before I could ask him to send it to my work. Plus, I didn't know he was going to overnight it! Most vendors ship it 2-day. So, unfortunately, I won't have an update with pictures until later this evening. But at least I'll know it's safe and sound at my house.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Good-oh, the quicker you get it the quicker we get more photos :bigsmile:

As to the prongs - on a cab, because of the slope of the sides, the prongs don't have to be that long they just have to be long enough and well placed. Look at the far left and right prongs on the close up above and you'll see what I mean. It's different to holding a faceted stone where there's wiggle room when knocked.

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh, okay. Makes sense. And I suppose the slope of each cab is different, so we'll have to see what this one is like!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More temptation. :naughty:

5f0e58e8ef39285d01454eeaec919b58_1_.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Ooooooooooooo. :love: Now that's more up my alley, TL! ;-) Talk about halo to the extreme. hehe Not sure about 4 rows, but I like the diamonds between the color instead of the color against the cab, if that makes sense.

S

SparkliesLuver

It arrived! It's at my house. :appl: Now if only this work day would hurry up... :wall:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1412347552|3761341 said:
Ooooooooooooo. :love: Now that's more up my alley, TL! ;-) Talk about halo to the extreme. hehe Not sure about 4 rows, but I like the diamonds between the color instead of the color against the cab, if that makes sense.

Imagine those paraiba melee as orange spessartite melee too. :naughty: :cheeky:

S

SparkliesLuver

haha I love your excitement. It's contagious. :D I can see that! I'd be more open to that as opposed to pink. Unfortunately, I'm not a pink person.

I believe Chrono previously linked to a vendor for melee. If I were to go down that route, I think I'd want them to be untreated. But of course that's me-without-a-budget talking. Plus, I don't know how realistic that is. ha ;-)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1412362076|3761515 said:
haha I love your excitement. It's contagious. :D I can see that! I'd be more open to that as opposed to pink. Unfortunately, I'm not a pink person.

I believe Chrono previously linked to a vendor for melee. If I were to go down that route, I think I'd want them to be untreated. But of course that's me-without-a-budget talking. Plus, I don't know how realistic that is. ha ;-)

I know, you have to get home already and take pictures!!! :cheeky:

BTW, diffused orange sapphires are always an affordable option if you are on a budget, or maybe some fire opal cabochons surrounding the paraiba. It may be difficult to find neon mandarin spess in matching melee.

I remember this moonstone cabochon ring surrounding the ruby. I saved this off as well, another Leon ring. I would love to see fire opals around a paraiba too. :cheeky:

Oh the possibilites. . . . *sigh*

leon_moonstone_ruby_ring.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results