shape
carat
color
clarity

Changing it up :) James Meyer in my future?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HopeDream|1410229150|3747446 said:
I'm so excited for you Vintagelover229!

That makes two of us! Looking forward to seeing your new ring!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see it - definitely the right decision for you, since I know how much you love his work!!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty said:
HopeDream|1410229150|3747446 said:
I'm so excited for you Vintagelover229!

That makes two of us! Looking forward to seeing your new ring!

arkieb1 said:
Can't wait to see it - definitely the right decision for you, since I know how much you love his work!!!!

Thank you VRbeauty, HopeDream and arkieb1. This has been slightly more nerve wracking than I expected it to be-and the ring isn't even in transit yet lol!

This morning my husband left with his usual kiss goodbye followed with a tugging on my finger to remove my ring. He looked slightly sorrowful last night which made me feel badly but I told him I was sad too but the new ring will be lovely and someday we'll have a nice sapphire to put in my wedding set.

Considering I've been wanting to do this for years it doesn't quite feel real yet. I didn't really wear my ring much yesterday in preperation to parting with it-but I've parted with an art deco watch for a bypass ring and a sapphire by the yard necklace for a diamond bezel necklace and both of those I was a bit sad to see go but didn't really miss them and love my new pieces more-so I know this will work out.

When I do get a sapphire for my setting I''ll probably dismantal my twin bypass ring or sell it since I'm not one to 'rotate' my rings at all. Trying to focus on this project before running off on another one lol!

Anyone know of any good charming places to stay near williamsport, PA?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring has arrived at GOG and needless to say I'm shocked at the ASET image of my diamond. The poor stone isn't even round! Jonathan is talking to the cutter and hoping they can get 1.5 carats out of it (right now they are estimating it comes back at 1.49) but I'm so grateful this diamond is going to be recut. I never thought the ASET would come back this bad.

_22168.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that diamond is fairly typical as far as diamonds go. The ones we see here that are perfect are the exceptions!

Can't wait to see the new ring!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let my experience serve as a warning-never have Jonathan plop an AVR into your setting if you want to downgrade. I'll do a formal unveil when my ring arrives back home but for now presenting my 1.64 N SI AVR :) GOG has been wonderful to work with and I'll get some shots (probably not as good as these are) and update my other thread when I get some time.

dsc01079.jpg

_22319.jpg

dsc01085.jpg

dsc01154.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a change in plans Vl!!!!!! I think this is the best of both worlds though, you get to keep your beloved wedding set, have an amazing diamond with an old world feel, and I'm assuming you'll still end up with some money considering your diamond is of higher color and clarity?

There's always room for a JM RHR down the road...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you know, I adore your wedding set and was so sad to see it replaced! BUT, I absolutely understood being unhappy with a diamond that was not what you wanted! The AVR could not be more perfect for the setting! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: I also love JM, but not as much as this for a wedding set!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I commented in the other thread, but just wanted to add that I adore that AVR and it looks perfect in your gorgeous wedding set! I think this was an excellent decision and I am thrilled for you vintagelover! :dance:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and beautiful ring. Congratulations!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the AVR in your setting!!!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I LOOOVE this! Your AVR is to die for gorgeous, and so perfect in that beautiful setting. Do you have a link to the diamond- it is gorgeous!!! I can't tell you how beautiful I think this is- I really like James Meyer, as well, but this AVR and set just makes me silly- I love it! Congratulations!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great turn of events - the new AVR looks AMAZING in your setting!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats - we need a thread!!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Wowsers! I have a huge crush on AVRs and your new stone is just stunning! More Pics! :love:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results