shape
carat
color
clarity

Any non-diamond piece you are coveting lately?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1398972599|3664550 said:
LLJsmom|1398916467|3664108 said:
canuk-gal|1398788275|3662761 said:
HI:

To satisfy any cravings.... :bigsmile:

http://www.betteridge.com/sale/

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, you evil enabler you... :Up_to_something:

Did you see the 24k gold hoops??

I hadn't. I had only looked at the first page of the Betteridge collection Sharon posted! But I did a search after you mentioned them. They all seem to be by Yossi Harari. He was one of my favorite designers a few years back...right after Gurhan. ;))

Deb

Did you see this...and the matching bracelet? It "was" on sale...

http://www.betteridge.com/yuri-ichihashi-18k-gold-scarf-necklace/p/8864/

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1399433251|3667662 said:

Thank you, I think so. Still, paying the retail price would have required a lobotomy on my part. But I am happy with the ebay price I got, so I hope they work out!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine isn't jewelry but it is sterling silver - does that count? Actually I got it last week and it actually arrived at my home yesterday, so technically I'm not coveting it anymore either. :bigsmile:

Meet Alfie - a tyto tiffany paperweight in the sterling silver coloration with ruby eyes. I'd been stalking tyto tiffany on ebay for over a year before I finally won Alfie, and he's only the second of his type to show up in all that time. I also got lucky - I got him for little more than his (gasp!) silver scrap value.

The first picture shows Alfie as he arrived in my mailbox; the second is after a gentle cleaning. I think I'll also send him to the Tiffany rehabilitation center in New York (New Jersey?) for a spa day though.

10262102_10200949177332063_4203794613748434354_n.jpg

alfie_4.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1399613111|3668886 said:
Mine isn't jewelry but it is sterling silver - does that count? Actually I got it last week and it actually arrived at my home yesterday, so technically I'm not coveting it anymore either. :bigsmile:

Meet Alfie - a tyto tiffany paperweight in the sterling silver coloration with ruby eyes. I'd been stalking tyto tiffany on ebay for over a year before I finally won Alfie, and he's only the second of his type to show up in all that time. I also got lucky - I got him for little more than his (gasp!) silver scrap value.

The first picture shows Alfie as he arrived in my mailbox; the second is after a gentle cleaning. I think I'll also send him to the Tiffany rehabilitation center in New York (New Jersey?) for a spa day though.

10262102_10200949177332063_4203794613748434354_n.jpg

alfie_4.jpg

He's so cute. He does need a spa day though to make his feathers shine as bright as they can.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did end up sending Alfie off to New Jersey for a spa day. It must have been quite a spa day - this is what he looked like when he got back:

photo_2_82.jpg photo_1_93.jpg

:-o

Whatever he'd been coated with originally was a bit more yellow than the sterling silver underneath - you can see the difference in the "before" pictures of his backside. So the spa technicians decided that he must originally have been clad with a yellow gold vermeil, and re-coated him accordingly.

Uh, no.

He's going back to have the spray tan removed and replaced with a more suitable color.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1402960382|3694545 said:
I did end up sending Alfie off to New Jersey for a spa day. It must have been quite a spa day - this is what he looked like when he got back:

photo_2_82.jpg photo_1_93.jpg

:-o

Whatever he'd been coated with originally was a bit more yellow than the sterling silver underneath - you can see the difference in the "before" pictures of his backside. So the spa technicians decided that he must originally have been clad with a yellow gold vermeil, and re-coated him accordingly.

Uh, no.

He's going back to have the spray tan removed and replaced with a more suitable color.

VR, he's actually really beautiful gold. I love it. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh LLJsmom... :bigsmile:

So, any non-diamond pieces you're coveting lately? You've got the diamond studs... the VCA Sweets are calling! And is the Cartier ceramic & pave Trinity still on the bucket list?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1409348942|3741694 said:

So, any non-diamond pieces you're coveting lately? You've got the diamond studs... the VCA Sweets are calling! And is the Cartier ceramic & pave Trinity still on the bucket list?

Yssie, I was just thinking about this thread yesterday. OMG. Does Cartier call us at the same time? I'm working on a tennis bracelet and it's taking a while. And you know what happens when projects drag. Cartier and VCA sitting on the sidelines, "Here we are!!"

So I've been staring at pictures of Cartier Love bracelets on that OTHER forum, and VCA sweets, imagining them on one wrist, together. It's weird. Why is it I am willing to spend on diamonds, but have so much trouble letting go of the pennies for Cartier and VCA?!? I think that once I tick off the diamond tennis bracelet, I can focus on saving up for the cartier piece. I still covet that necklace.

I wanted to ask your opinion on the love bracelet. I love how it looks on people who wear it really tightly. I mean not cutting off the circulation tight, but very fitted, close to the outline of the wrist. I think that my bony wrist just doesn't look as cute in it.

Btw, how are you enjoying your sweet? Do you have more pictures you can post so I can drool? Do you something calling you?

And can I just say, I'm starting to see the charm of the juste un clou. What do you think of this design? I didn't love it at first but it's growing on me.

http://www.cartier.us/collections/j...-un-clou-12704/b3047000-juste-un-clou-pendant

And I really like the ring too.

http://www.cartier.us/collections/j...ste-un-clou-rings/b4092600-juste-un-clou-ring

But I think I would wear the necklace more.

But why, oh why are they soooo expensive?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL!! Nope, no calls from Cartier, sadly! A VCA SA did reach out to DH to tell him how much I absolutely adored the Magic earrings, and how they'd be perfect for our anniversary... he was unimpressed, to say the least. I guess the fact that I couldn't stop laughing didn't help :bigsmile:

Yeah, goodness, I know the feeling! At this point my "wants" list can safely be termed "unreasonable", and it's just waiting for me to resign myself to it. I think part of my problem is that I don't want things that are completely out of the realm of possibility - I'm not coveting 40k necklaces and 100k FCDs... but three or four 10k splurges over a couple of years is exactly what I balked at to begin with! Yikes.

Have you been through the VCA Addiction Support threads on the other forum? OMG, forget being addicted to VCA, I think I'm addicted to those threads!! The Love paired with the Sweets seems to be a common combo and I can see why - they're so pretty together :love: Honestly, I used to feel the same way - and when you think about it objectively spending 8k on gold and MOP or 9k on plain gold sans any stones at all really IS completely nuts! And then I started reading about the houses and learning about the brands' histories, and... now I do see more than just the aesthetic of the piece itself and the materials its made of. Now that I can better appreciate the long and rich heritages those lines illustrate... I finally understand why people value branding. And I've finally stopped feeling compelled to consider how much diamond I could buy instead! We went to Spain in June and seeing the Alhambra was definitely my favourite part ::) And then there's the practical side of it - if you *know* you'll get the Love or one of the Juste un Clou pieces eventually better now than later, before prices skyrocket even further!!! (Oy, I can justify with the best of 'em...)

How big is your wrist? I have small bony wrists too and I know even the 16 would move quite a bit on me. I couldn't speak to comfort but I think they LOOK pretty darn fabulous on all types of wrists though, bony or otherwise :bigsmile: The pendant is lovely!! Blingy, bold but still dainty - it'd be a statement piece! I think it'd be the sort of thing you wear as a signature piece. I gotta say I don't love the ring - it doesn't look like it'd be terribly comfortable? Wouldn't the bottom of the rounded part of the nailhead dig into your finger?

I haven't taken any bling pics recently - real life has run the bling train off the tracks ;( I have to catch up!!! :devil:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
mv5bmje4nta5mtg0n15bml5banbnxkftztywodmwmdy0.jpg ''The infamous Keira strand is always on my WANT list! One day, very soon actually!!! :naughty:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as we're updating this thread - here's Alfie, all spiffed up after his second spa day:

refinished_alfie.jpg

Tiffany's was kind enough to comp the spa visits to make up for their little boo boo, and they sent Alfie home in a nice Tiffany blue robe - er - bag.

ETA lovely necklace, ckrickett! I hope you'll be posting neck shots with it on soon!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1409473424|3742317 said:
As long as we're updating this thread - here's Alfie, all spiffed up after his second spa day:

refinished_alfie.jpg

Tiffany's was kind enough to comp the spa visits to make up for their little boo boo, and they sent Alfie home in a nice Tiffany blue robe - er - bag.

ETA lovely necklace, ckrickett! I hope you'll be posting neck shots with it on soon!

Oh he is a handsome fellow VR :sun:

He looks much happier without his spray tan! It's astounding... how much expression they've managed to imbue such a simple mould with! ::)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

refinished_alfie.jpg

I think he looks much happier. he is such a sweetie!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, so good to see other VCA lovers on this forum! CDNinNYC got me hooked on VCA and I have been coveting a few pieces since. The rose gold perlee bangle is on the short list for the next pressie occasion: http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/VCARN5AZ00/perlee-signature-bracelet-medium-model

While I was in NYC last month, I tried on the medium cosmos earrings and fell in love. At the $35k price tag, it is definitely not going to be a reality for a while! http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/VCARA07700/cosmos-earclips-large-model

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

refinished_alfie.jpg

Alfie looks terrific VRB! What an adorable piece, makes me happy to look at him!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Alfie is completely charming!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1409507673|3742526 said:

refinished_alfie.jpg

Alfie looks terrific VRB! What an adorable piece, makes me happy to look at him!

ME TOO!! He's gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kama_s|1409502053|3742472 said:
Ah, so good to see other VCA lovers on this forum! CDNinNYC got me hooked on VCA and I have been coveting a few pieces since. The rose gold perlee bangle is on the short list for the next pressie occasion: http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/VCARN5AZ00/perlee-signature-bracelet-medium-model

While I was in NYC last month, I tried on the medium cosmos earrings and fell in love. At the $35k price tag, it is definitely not going to be a reality for a while! http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/VCARA07700/cosmos-earclips-large-model

I'm relatively new to the bandwagon but oh, I've fallen hard :love: I tried on the perlee bangle and I loved it!! Sadly I think VCA's RG is just too bright, rich pink for my skin, it made me look sallow ;( But it looked amazing on my friend, who is a shade lighter and has slightly pinker undertones than me. Her skin looks an awful lot like yours in your pics, actually :halo:

I've got the YG Tiffany Yours bangle somewhere in the middle of the list... Did you try on the all-diamond Cosmos earclips? I'd love to see the onyx BTF ring when I go down to the city in a few weeks :sun:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1409426128|3742049 said:
LOL!! Nope, no calls from Cartier, sadly! A VCA SA did reach out to DH to tell him how much I absolutely adored the Magic earrings, and how they'd be perfect for our anniversary... he was unimpressed, to say the least. I guess the fact that I couldn't stop laughing didn't help :bigsmile:

Yeah, goodness, I know the feeling! At this point my "wants" list can safely be termed "unreasonable", and it's just waiting for me to resign myself to it. I think part of my problem is that I don't want things that are completely out of the realm of possibility - I'm not coveting 40k necklaces and 100k FCDs... but three or four 10k splurges over a couple of years is exactly what I balked at to begin with! Yikes.

Have you been through the VCA Addiction Support threads on the other forum? OMG, forget being addicted to VCA, I think I'm addicted to those threads!! The Love paired with the Sweets seems to be a common combo and I can see why - they're so pretty together :love: Honestly, I used to feel the same way - and when you think about it objectively spending 8k on gold and MOP or 9k on plain gold sans any stones at all really IS completely nuts! And then I started reading about the houses and learning about the brands' histories, and... now I do see more than just the aesthetic of the piece itself and the materials its made of. Now that I can better appreciate the long and rich heritages those lines illustrate... I finally understand why people value branding. And I've finally stopped feeling compelled to consider how much diamond I could buy instead! We went to Spain in June and seeing the Alhambra was definitely my favourite part ::) And then there's the practical side of it - if you *know* you'll get the Love or one of the Juste un Clou pieces eventually better now than later, before prices skyrocket even further!!! (Oy, I can justify with the best of 'em...)

How big is your wrist? I have small bony wrists too and I know even the 16 would move quite a bit on me. I couldn't speak to comfort but I think they LOOK pretty darn fabulous on all types of wrists though, bony or otherwise :bigsmile: The pendant is lovely!! Blingy, bold but still dainty - it'd be a statement piece! I think it'd be the sort of thing you wear as a signature piece. I gotta say I don't love the ring - it doesn't look like it'd be terribly comfortable? Wouldn't the bottom of the rounded part of the nailhead dig into your finger?

I haven't taken any bling pics recently - real life has run the bling train off the tracks ;( I have to catch up!!! :devil:

Yssie, I would be in BIG trouble if I ever got over the "non-diamond" pricing of their pieces. When I was in Vegas, I spent two hours in VCA and they were the nicest people, showing us these amazing pieces. I feel like I should have splurged then and just got a piece. But I keep looking at Love bracelets and imagining them on my arm. Yeah, it kills me that those prices keep creeping up. Cruel!!

My wrist is 5.25 inches. You would think that the nailhead would be uncomfortable, but how do people wear them all the time? If you had to choose, what are the top five VCA or Cartier pieces you would go for? Hmmm, maybe we need to do a top five list of non-diamond jewelry, yeah??

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1409627362|3743169 said:
Yssie, I would be in BIG trouble if I ever got over the "non-diamond" pricing of their pieces. When I was in Vegas, I spent two hours in VCA and they were the nicest people, showing us these amazing pieces. I feel like I should have splurged then and just got a piece. But I keep looking at Love bracelets and imagining them on my arm. Yeah, it kills me that those prices keep creeping up. Cruel!!

My wrist is 5.25 inches. You would think that the nailhead would be uncomfortable, but how do people wear them all the time? If you had to choose, what are the top five VCA or Cartier pieces you would go for? Hmmm, maybe we need to do a top five list of non-diamond jewelry, yeah??

I've never had a not-wonderful experience in a VCA boutique - and I couldn't really say that of all other luxury brands ::)

We are right about the same size - mine is 5.5". I tried to find a pic of the underside of the nailhead - I wonder if it's flat and we don't see that in that view? Otherwise, goodness, I have no idea! Still love the pendant though :bigsmile:

Oh, fun question! Top five non-diamond pieces... I've already trawled the Trinity bangle and Alhambra three motif earrings, do they count? After that...

- Another VCA Sweet bracelet - probably the MOP butterfly (pic is Junkenpo's on the other forum)
junkenpo_tpf.jpg

- Cartier YG Panthere pendant - this one's discontinued. The way the gold is "shaved" into shape must be arresting IRL...
cartier_panthere.png

- Carrera y Carrera Circulos de Fuego pendant - I much prefer the minimal-diamond version. I couldn't wear this and the Cartier as pendants, though, I don't like anything around my neck... Fantastical purse charms perhaps? :bigsmile:
carreraycarrera_d.png

What's on your list?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1409612385|3743060 said:
kama_s|1409502053|3742472 said:

I'm relatively new to the bandwagon but oh, I've fallen hard :love: I tried on the perlee bangle and I loved it!! Sadly I think VCA's RG is just too bright, rich pink for my skin, it made me look sallow ;( But it looked amazing on my friend, who is a shade lighter and has slightly pinker undertones than me. Her skin looks an awful lot like yours in your pics, actually :halo:

I've got the YG Tiffany Yours bangle somewhere in the middle of the list... Did you try on the all-diamond Cosmos earclips? I'd love to see the onyx BTF ring when I go down to the city in a few weeks :sun:

I wish I took pics of the bangle on my wrist, it looked positively delicious. They have it in a really nice yg too, have you tried that? The Tiffany Yours is also very lovely. Would you get it in silver?

I tried on the all-diamond cosmos earrings and couldn't get myself to take them off. Very glam! I also tried the onyx and diamond cosmos in the regular ring. Super pretty as well.

I almost bought the onyx sweet alhambra earrings, but I just couldn't justify the cost. The sweet was lost on me since my hair tends to cover my ears. The medium, I felt, was a tad too big on me. But that's primarily because I only wear my 1.9ctw studs, so anything bigger than that is out of my comfort zone.

My SA in NYC was amazing. She was wearing two vintage VCA rings - one was a gorgeous channel set ruby ring, and the other was an emerald carbachon ring, both given to her by old lovers many moons ago. Positively stunning! We got to talking about coloured gems and I even showed her my stones that were off to IDJ to be set. She was an absolute darling, and you could tell she was passionate about her jewelry. Told my hubby I wanted to be just like her when I grow up ;-)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1409370937|3741877 said:
Yssie|1409348942|3741694 said:

Yssie, I was just thinking about this thread yesterday. OMG. Does Cartier call us at the same time? I'm working on a tennis bracelet and it's taking a while. And you know what happens when projects drag. Cartier and VCA sitting on the sidelines, "Here we are!!"

So I've been staring at pictures of Cartier Love bracelets on that OTHER forum, and VCA sweets, imagining them on one wrist, together. It's weird. Why is it I am willing to spend on diamonds, but have so much trouble letting go of the pennies for Cartier and VCA?!? I think that once I tick off the diamond tennis bracelet, I can focus on saving up for the cartier piece. I still covet that necklace.

I wanted to ask your opinion on the love bracelet. I love how it looks on people who wear it really tightly. I mean not cutting off the circulation tight, but very fitted, close to the outline of the wrist. I think that my bony wrist just doesn't look as cute in it.

Btw, how are you enjoying your sweet? Do you have more pictures you can post so I can drool? Do you something calling you?

And can I just say, I'm starting to see the charm of the juste un clou. What do you think of this design? I didn't love it at first but it's growing on me.

http://www.cartier.us/collections/j...-un-clou-12704/b3047000-juste-un-clou-pendant

And I really like the ring too.

http://www.cartier.us/collections/j...ste-un-clou-rings/b4092600-juste-un-clou-ring

But I think I would wear the necklace more.

But why, oh why are they soooo expensive?

I have heard from people who bought the Love to fit snug on their wrist that they wish they bought it in a bigger size. The ridiculous thing about buying a Love is that you can't try it on before buying it. I was all set on getting one this year for my 5-year anniv, but decided against splurging on a product I can't even try on. I can't understand why Cartier doesn't have a store model?! They make you try the sizers, but beware the shape, weight and width of the sizers do not match the real thing.

If you are certain you want to get a Love, buy one in the size you think you want. Then let the SA know you will be walking around for the next 30 minutes to see how it feels. If you want a bigger size, you can come back within the hour and exchange it as long as there are no scratches/wear and tear.

I have seen the Love paired with the pave Juste un Clou...hot damn!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at the Cartier store in Chicago a week ago Saturday. The sales assistant put a couple different Love Bracelets on me to try. I had the no diamond, 4 diamond and 8 diamond on my arm separately. I can't believe they would not let you try one on.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does a master bathroom remodel count???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a few more diamond pieces that I want, and then I hope I can focus on a few other things. I'll have to look back to see if I posted on this thread before!

I definitely would love to add some designer pieces after I get my diamonds straightened out. I have a few Tiffany items in platinum and white gold, and there are always other things I could add.

I adore Cartier watches (already have a Tank Francaise) and have a Ballon Bleu on my list, but I am not a fan at all of Love or Just un Clou bracelets. They are too modern and work with none of my other jewelry, but I do love the Cartier Trinity line, though, and could get some pieces of that.

VCA Alhambra is something I really love and hope to get, but the prices are so high even second hand. I'd love to get some of the Vintage Alhambra pieces in black onyx or turquoise or maybe white MOP. I'd love the single pendant, studs, and the 5 motif bracelet. (Keep in mind this is a wish list!) I think Alhambra is classic enough to wear with traditional and antique style jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results