shape
carat
color
clarity

Any non-diamond piece you are coveting lately?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1398552135|3660851 said:
HI:

So much yellow gold and so little time. I'd post a link to my favorite Cartier estate Trinity bracelet, but I am afraid Yssie might scoop it up before I get my coppers together.... :saint: :devil: ;))

PS: those VCA items are darling! Also, in another thread, someone posted a gold necklace from (orchid collection) Cartier--it was so sweet. Those branded items will be the death of my son's inheritance! :halo:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, you are KILLING ME!!! Hahaha!! Well, maybe they will be the prize of you grand daughters' (if you have any...) or any female progeny. That's my excuse anyway. College?? Overrated...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1398552817|3660857 said:
canuk-gal|1398552135|3660851 said:
HI:

So much yellow gold and so little time. I'd post a link to my favorite Cartier estate Trinity bracelet, but I am afraid Yssie might scoop it up before I get my coppers together.... :saint: :devil: ;))

PS: those VCA items are darling! Also, in another thread, someone posted a gold necklace from (orchid collection) Cartier--it was so sweet. Those branded items will be the death of my son's inheritance! :halo:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, you are KILLING ME!!! Hahaha!! Well, maybe they will be the prize of you grand daughters' (if you have any...) or any female progeny. That's my excuse anyway. College?? Overrated...

:bigsmile: Thank goodness for scholarships and gainful employment! And take care those labours will result in my son buying his parents a shopping mall! :saint: ;))

cheers--Sharon

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah I love you guys for affirming my lust. But those are not my hands, and I doubt those are even real gold. It's super trendy right now, and etsy is filled with cheapy "gold tone" jewelry.

I was tempted to buy a set of fakes to see how I like having things on the second knuckle, and how I'd like wearing yellow gold colored jewelry, but I remembered that my skin turns everything fake green. Huge #firstworldproblem :nono:

diamondygirl

Rough_Rock
i'm a sucker for the alhambra collection- so sweet looking and you can wear it anywhere! get those earrings before the price crosses 10k! i have a 10motif yellow gold MOP necklace and i love it :love: sometimes i wonder if i shouldn't have exchanged it from the white gold i originally was given... but the yellow just looked so warm against the MOP!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1398574345|3661053 said:
Ah I love you guys for affirming my lust. But those are not my hands, and I doubt those are even real gold. It's super trendy right now, and etsy is filled with cheapy "gold tone" jewelry.

I was tempted to buy a set of fakes to see how I like having things on the second knuckle, and how I'd like wearing yellow gold colored jewelry, but I remembered that my skin turns everything fake green. Huge #firstworldproblem :nono:

Of course you must get some fake gold bands and experiment (I call that "play"). Why not get some yellow gold set with "diamonds" it you are worried about your skin? Or maybe rubies? And why are you worried about your skin anyway? Women from all cultures wear 24K gold. Go for the really yellow stuff!!!And by the way, all my 24K gold jewelry looks like the cheap fake gold jewelry. That's because people who make cheap gold jewelry try to make it look like 24K gold. They make it look brassy and yellow...like real gold. But I know I am wearing 24K gold when I am wearing gold. So I don't mind if everyone thinks I was shopping at Claire's. I am less likely to be robbed!

Deb :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1398479198|3660317 said:
Yssie|1398455111|3660015 said:
LLJsmom|1398445199|3659914 said:
Yssie|1398444255|3659905 said:
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/VCARD79000/magic-alhambra-earclips-3-motifs

It's the last "big" piece I want.

It was$7400 when I tried it on in Chicago last August. It went up to $7800 late in the year, and as of a couple of days ago it's $8400.

Bah, humbug.

Yssie, those are FABULOUS. Can that be an end of year project for you, before the next price increase?? Look at what I just tried on...

(We're on the same wavelength, except I'm the baby version.)
OMG yes, they are, and yes, we are on the same wavelength!!

I held off on buying last year because I wanted the Cartier Trinity bangle, and I wasn't sure if the weight would bother me (those three-motif drops are 9grams each!)... and I regret waiting!!!

I've learnt my lesson about sitting on decisions about branded pieces, I suppose. So... are Sweet Alhambra onyx and YG earrings in your future, after the studs? :Up_to_something:

Yssie, so where and when would you wear these super fabulous to-be-yours-amazing-VCAs? I'm new to this earring thing, and those earrings of yours would be super fabulous. I'm kinda seeing them on you at a casual lunch at some super chic outdoor cafe.

Yssie, I'm going to have to consult with you soon as I am very tempted by these beautiful Cartier and VCA pieces. I would like to buy one beautiful yellow gold necklace, and one pair of gorgeous gold earrings. I would wear the gold earrings when I have on my diamond pendant, and wear the gold necklace when I am wearing the diamond studs.

Can I just post some more super cute stuff I tried at VCA?

image_1612.jpg

image_1610.jpg

And I finally found a Trinity ring I liked. This is a save up for piece, after I get all my basics.

image_1613.jpg

LLJ... Oh my goodness. We ARE on the same wavelength!! Guess what else is on my wishlist? I LOVED the black ceramic - such a statement with the white and the single pave!

_14183.jpg

Well, I'm still hesitating on wanting this - I just don't believe it flatters my finger. The one you tried on looks lovely on you - you have the right finger for it!!

And... I just got this a couple of months ago -

I love the carnelian on your skin :love: And it'd go so well with yellow gold earrings and a yellow gold necklace... :bigsmile:

vca_3c_img_4719_copy3.png

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1398601243|3661144 said:

Of course you must get some fake gold bands and experiment (I call that "play"). Why not get some yellow gold set with "diamonds" it you are worried about your skin? Or maybe rubies? And why are you worried about your skin anyway? Women from all cultures wear 24K gold. Go for the really yellow stuff!!!And by the way, all my 24K gold jewelry looks like the cheap fake gold jewelry. That's because people who make cheap gold jewelry try to make it look like 24K gold. They make it look brassy and yellow...like real gold. But I know I am wearing 24K gold when I am wearing gold. So I don't mind if everyone thinks I was shopping at Claire's. I am less likely to be robbed!

Deb :wavey:

Oh it's not that, Deb! It's that my skin turns everything green! And my skin gets stained green for days after wearing a fakey for just a few hours! It's a curse :errrr: I actually love the rich color against my skin. I'm ghost-pale, and its warm glow makes me look like I've got some health in me :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1398620457|3661288 said:
LLJsmom|1398479198|3660317 said:
Yssie|1398455111|3660015 said:
LLJsmom|1398445199|3659914 said:
Yssie|1398444255|3659905 said:
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/VCARD79000/magic-alhambra-earclips-3-motifs

It's the last "big" piece I want.

It was$7400 when I tried it on in Chicago last August. It went up to $7800 late in the year, and as of a couple of days ago it's $8400.

Bah, humbug.

Yssie, those are FABULOUS. Can that be an end of year project for you, before the next price increase?? Look at what I just tried on...

(We're on the same wavelength, except I'm the baby version.)
OMG yes, they are, and yes, we are on the same wavelength!!

I held off on buying last year because I wanted the Cartier Trinity bangle, and I wasn't sure if the weight would bother me (those three-motif drops are 9grams each!)... and I regret waiting!!!

I've learnt my lesson about sitting on decisions about branded pieces, I suppose. So... are Sweet Alhambra onyx and YG earrings in your future, after the studs? :Up_to_something:

Yssie, so where and when would you wear these super fabulous to-be-yours-amazing-VCAs? I'm new to this earring thing, and those earrings of yours would be super fabulous. I'm kinda seeing them on you at a casual lunch at some super chic outdoor cafe.

Yssie, I'm going to have to consult with you soon as I am very tempted by these beautiful Cartier and VCA pieces. I would like to buy one beautiful yellow gold necklace, and one pair of gorgeous gold earrings. I would wear the gold earrings when I have on my diamond pendant, and wear the gold necklace when I am wearing the diamond studs.

Can I just post some more super cute stuff I tried at VCA?

image_1612.jpg

image_1610.jpg

And I finally found a Trinity ring I liked. This is a save up for piece, after I get all my basics.

image_1613.jpg

LLJ... Oh my goodness. We ARE on the same wavelength!! Guess what else is on my wishlist? I LOVED the black ceramic - such a statement with the white and the single pave!

_14183.jpg

Well, I'm still hesitating on wanting this - I just don't believe it flatters my finger. The one you tried on looks lovely on you - you have the right finger for it!!

And... I just got this a couple of months ago -

I love the carnelian on your skin :love: And it'd go so well with yellow gold earrings and a yellow gold necklace... :bigsmile:
Yssie, if we lived in the same city we would be broke!! "Enablers anonymous" You got the sweet MOP ?! It is SO beautiful on you. SERIOUSLY. Love it. You have the arm of a supermodel. I'm so jellus!! Did you try the skinny black trinity? The one I tried was the skinny version. I don't know why you don't like it on. It looks fabulous. DROOL. Now that would go with the fab black VCA EARRINGS that you were coveting. OMG. Can you imagine both on together?!?! More shots of your gorgeous bracelet would be MORE than welcome!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphire studs.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
a pink asscher

Mia16

Rough_Rock
I've been thinking about getting the 4mm granulated gold band from C. Tyler in 22k for the past 2 months.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mia16|1398703950|3661900 said:
I've been thinking about getting the 4mm granulated gold band from C. Tyler in 22k for the past 2 months.

Did you say, "granulated"? Now I have to go look for a picture of it!

Deb ;))

Mia16

Rough_Rock
Hi, it has been posted here :)) not many pictures available for some strange reason. Mine would not have the roped rim, more like the first one [2mm] just wider.

_17477.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just picked up this sweet little sapphire this morning. I have been coveting it for 3 YEARS and it waited for me :o It is going into a non-diamond lotus ring. I'll post in Colored Stones when it arrives and we can see how it looks with the two other padparadscha colored stones!

_17499.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mia16|1398718098|3662129 said:
Hi, it has been posted here :)) not many pictures available for some strange reason. Mine would not have the roped rim, more like the first one [2mm] just wider.

I love this photo.... I posted it in The Gold Thread years ago. But you were right that I was unable to find a photo of a 4mm band by itself. When you get yours, please post a photo in The Gold Thread!!!

Deb
:wavey:

carolyntylerbands.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1398442454|3659892 said:
AGBF|1398394011|3659584 said:
I have recently seen a pair of earrings I love. They are mesh and derivative of Paloma Picasso's gold mesh earrings (which I have in every size). Nonetheless, they are slightly different. I have no idea what they cost, but I wish I owned a pair. I will look for a photo of them!

I finally found these by going through the history on my own computer! They are ridiculously hard to find via search engines! I have more gold mesh jewelry than you can shake a stick at, but I always covet pieces that look special. I don't know how these would feel in person; often I am disappointed by the "feel" of mesh. But they look really interesting, and not as if they are supposed to feel silky. (Pieces that look as if they should feel silky, but do not do are the ones that disappoint me most. I avoid them at all cost!)

If it hadn't been for this thread, I doubt that I would have hunted down the manufacturer of these earrings for questioning. Pricescope enables in many ways, however. I had not been considering another jewelry purchase at all, although I had seen these on-line. Somehow this thread, and the idea of looking up information about these earrings for the combined knowledge of everyone, pushed me a bit, however. I now know the length; the weight; and the price of the earrings as they are usually made (in 14K gold) and also that they can be made in 18K gold and for what price! Uh oh. ;))

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

_17548.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1398620951|3661295 said:
AGBF|1398601243|3661144 said:

Oh it's not that, Deb! It's that my skin turns everything green! And my skin gets stained green for days after wearing a fakey for just a few hours! It's a curse :errrr: I actually love the rich color against my skin. I'm ghost-pale, and its warm glow makes me look like I've got some health in me :lol:

I obviously wasn't reading for comprehesnion, madelise! You clearly wrote, "but I remembered that my skin turns everything fake green.". Sometimes I just don't get it. I apologize!!! I'd love to see you in some real 24K!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1398916467|3664108 said:
canuk-gal|1398788275|3662761 said:
HI:

To satisfy any cravings.... :bigsmile:

http://www.betteridge.com/sale/

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, you evil enabler you... :Up_to_something:

Did you see the 24k gold hoops??

I hadn't. I had only looked at the first page of the Betteridge collection Sharon posted! But I did a search after you mentioned them. They all seem to be by Yossi Harari. He was one of my favorite designers a few years back...right after Gurhan. ;))

Deb

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I've been bitten by the handbag bug (again :roll: ), which means no jewelry (diamond or otherwise) for a while because I just bought another Chanel. I would love to have a VCA Alhambra piece some day, but I think next on my list is a DBTY necklace.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
A Cartier tank solo for me

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
um...a Porsche Carrera

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1399378065|3667130 said:
um...a Porsche Carrera

OK. So we're interpreting a "non-diamond piece" as a "piece" of anything? How about a piece of land? I'd like to have 100 acres of land and an energy efficient house on it so that I can raise dogs.

Deb

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael Flohr Painting.. Italian Rain :love: :Up_to_something:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:
Mayk|1399383149|3667181 said:
Michael Flohr Painting.. Italian Rain :love: :Up_to_something:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1399381681|3667164 said:
Jimmianne|1399378065|3667130 said:
um...a Porsche Carrera

OK. So we're interpreting a "non-diamond piece" as a "piece" of anything? How about a piece of land? I'd like to have 100 acres of land and an energy efficient house on it so that I can raise dogs.

Deb
Nice, Deb.

I'm thinking you can name your dogs after diamond cuts & vendors =) =)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I am also coveting Cartier! Have always loved the trinity ring...I want the XXS (super skinny band) version...size 51 or 52 if anyone has a good lead ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results