color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Congrats LC!!

So sorry random and everyone else disappointed by AF

I've now tested 3 days straight - I'm crazy! This is way way too soon AND I'm supposed to be casually NTNP. I think it's really hard to do that, it's like all or nothing.

My dang opk's with the free shipping? They're shipping from CHINA est delivery feb 26. Ugh.
But I did check target and AMC is right, their FRER are even cheaper than amazon if you use the coupons. Their CB digitalis were the same price, and somehow a pack made its way into my cart - how'd that happen?

I also bought some maternity clothes on clearance. The deals were too good to pass up - 3 sweaters, a tshirt, a super cute dress and a pair of black pants all for $50. I figure I'll need some cold weather maternity gear unless I turn up preggo this cycle or next.

I think I'm over my fear/ambivalence which is good. I'm now super excited to get preggo and get the baby train going - woo woo!

I'm ready to chart and find out what's going on. With DD I temped for only a couple weeks before my bfp so I'm really a total newbie. My DH really hates the beep of the thermometer - could I still get good readings if I temp in the bathroom right after I wake up? And any wise words for learning to chart CP and CM? I can say with certainty that I've recent had creamy CM, something I've never noticed before.

Thanks ladies!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

AHHH! OMG LC!!! I'm so THRILLED for you and your DH and E! Awesome! I need some good news like this today! :appl: :appl: :appl:

RT and AMC: Booo. Sorry about AF, and RT, sorry about that crazy cycle. The good news is that we're all cycle twins again, which is at least a little fun.

AFM: Spotting turned into a horrible, awful, angry AF last night. So. Yeah. Definitely out. I'm bummed, but I'm more annoyed with how DH is just being a poop and was not sympathetic at all. He's so science-minded that he's all, "It wasn't even anything..." in attitude, and I'm like, "It was the POSSIBILITY of something!"

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Amc, rt, and ppm- so sorry af visited all three of you. Tons of ttc dust headed to th guys next cycle.

Lc! Holy smokes! That's one crazy dark line. Congrats!

Good luck on your next cycle Rachel! Great deals on those mat clothes.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

lliang_chi|1390064739|3595498 said:
AFM: tourmaline!

LC!!!!!!!!!!

PREGGY BUDDIES AGAIN!!!!! So happy for you, mama!! xxx

RT, amc and PPM, I'm so sorry :(

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ppm :(

Missrachel- temping won't be accurate if you walk to the bathroom before temping.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

amc re the temping, really?? I find it kind of physiologically implausible that temping in the bathroom would be significantly different, if all that's being done is literally getting out of bed on waking and walking there. Even when the body's setpoint changes it would take a while for it to be reflected in measurable BBT...

amc80

Ideal_Rock
pancake said:
amc re the temping, really?? I find it kind of physiologically implausible that temping in the bathroom would be significantly different, if all that's being done is literally getting out of bed on waking and walking there. Even when the body's setpoint changes it would take a while for it to be reflected in measurable BBT...

Well I'm no expert, just going off of everything I've read. You're not even supposed to move around much while grabbing the thermometer or talk, let alone get up and walk. I guess the best way to see if it matters is to wake up and temp like it's supposed to be done and then walk to the bathroom and temp again to compare.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

My suspicion is that, provided you are completely consistent in how you do it, and ONLY walk to the bathroom, it's probably still going to give you a consistent pattern that you can chart.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

Delurking just to say that back when I was TTCing, I temped in the bathroom every morning. Still had a consistent pattern.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
pancake said:
My suspicion is that, provided you are completely consistent in how you do it, and ONLY walk to the bathroom, it's probably still going to give you a consistent pattern that you can chart.

That's probably the key.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1390082658|3595708 said:
AHHH! OMG LC!!! I'm so THRILLED for you and your DH and E! Awesome! I need some good news like this today! :appl: :appl: :appl:

RT and AMC: Booo. Sorry about AF, and RT, sorry about that crazy cycle. The good news is that we're all cycle twins again, which is at least a little fun.

AFM: Spotting turned into a horrible, awful, angry AF last night. So. Yeah. Definitely out. I'm bummed, but I'm more annoyed with how DH is just being a poop and was not sympathetic at all. He's so science-minded that he's all, "It wasn't even anything..." in attitude, and I'm like, "It was the POSSIBILITY of something!"

If it makes you feel any better, me and DH got into it the night before I got AF and he told me to put my hormones back to bed :-o Luckily the arse bought me flowers the next day, I was so mad!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock

@pancake. This is what I was thinking. As long as the conditions are consistent I think it would work.

First I have to get dd sleeping consistently again. She's teething molars and ran a fever thurs and fri and since thurs has been up every 2 hr or less ALL NIGHT. She does go back down but just keeps waking up. For three nights running. I'm fried : /

She seems better so far tonight so my fingers are crossed for at least a 4 hr stretch

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

RT, yikes, glad your husband bought you flowers to make up for that callous remark. Hopefully he'll learn to bite his tongue, especially for very emotional things like TTC etc. I find it SO SURPRISING that ppl just *don't get* when they're not supposed to say anything. Or feel like they're allowed to say whatever they want when it comes to TTC and/or pregnancy. Really?!? (More on this later)

Rachel, I think if you remain consistent, you should be OK. But FWIW, I just cover the back of the BBT with my palm and it muffles the beeping noise quite a bit. If you'd like you can probably just cover the back of the BBT with scotch tape and should dampen the sound. I do that with Ethan's toys ALL THE TIME.

Pancake, Happy to be preggy buddies again!

PPM, ugh! Sorry AF was such a "B" this cycle. :( Again sometimes husbands can be so thick. Is your DH an engineer or some kind of science type? *TOTALLY* sounds like something my DH would say...

AFM: Yesterday we had a good friend of ours come over for dinner. She *loves* E like he's her own nephew so it was so great. DH was like, "How are you going to hide it from N?" I told him he'll get a pass on drinking wine, if he helps me cover. So we had everything under control, except I forgot to remove my prenatal vitamins from the kitchen counter. So of course my friend sees that and is all "Is there something you need to tell me?!?" Dude, if I want to tell you something, I'll tell you! And I love my friend N, so she'd just be SUPER excited for me etc, but I just wish ppl had more tact. I did tell my friend that we want to have 2 kids, but nothing to report and we'll let her know. Which brings me to the vent on how ppl feel like they have the right to comment or whatever for anything related to TTC/pregnancy. This includes callous remarks of "Just relax. It'll happen when you relax about it." Or when you are pregnant they have EVERYTHING to say about what you should/shouldn't do. Dude, get OUT of my sex life and my reproductive system.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just popping in to offer BIG CONGRATS to LC!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Guess you won't be needing that weekend acupuncture after all!! :)) Very happy for you and your family!! :wavey:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

LC- I have them on my counter, too. But I've been taking them since September or so. My mom saw them and asked and I told her I was just taking them "in case."

AFM, I'm making a game plan for this cycle. I ordered some WONDFO OPKs from Amazon. They also came with HPTs but I'm going to try to wait until 12dpo to test. We shall see how that goes.

I was looking at my old charts. The month I got pregnant with B we DTD on O day, O-1, O-3, and 0-5. The month prior, when I had the chemical pregnancy, we did it on O day and O-2. I'm wondering if the every other day thing is better for us. I'm going to try to match the timing we did with B and see how that goes. This month we did two days on, one day off. But maybe that was too much?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

LV, thanks for the note :)

AMC, just in case it helps with your plan to test later, it doesn't help to test early with the Wondofos. SO... since you'll have 10+ Wondofo HPTs, maybe tell yourself you have to use those instead of buying some FRERs? I remember you were successful with every other so hopefully that'll do the trick too.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1390246556|3597093 said:
LV, thanks for the note :)

AMC, just in case it helps with your plan to test later, it doesn't help to test early with the Wondofos. SO... since you'll have 10+ Wondofo HPTs, maybe tell yourself you have to use those instead of buying some FRERs? I remember you were successful with every other so hopefully that'll do the trick too.

Thanks for that. I have never used the Wondfos and I hate how skinny they are. But yeah at least if I decide to test early I can use those. I am going to try REALLY hard to not buy more tests. I have the 10 wondfos, I think 1 or 2 FRERs, 2 Answers, and 3 dollar tree tests. If I buy more tests then I have a problem.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I just had to share a story. A friend of mine got married to a man who had had a vasectomy. He got it reversed and still no luck, so they did a round of IVF. It was successful but she ended up miscarrying. They decided to pursue adoption and adopted a little boy last march. Well, she was feeling weird over the weekend and decided to test. Yep, she's pregnant! They had BD'd exactly one time...in the shower...She's very nervous about another miscarriage, but I'm so happy for her!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Aw, what a sweet story AMC! Sending her healthy wishes for her pregnancy. :)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

LC- I hated dealing with that! I hope everyone keeps their nosey noses out of your ute for at least 12 weeks!!

On the subject of people telling me to just relax- I usually tell them I will if they want to pay for me to take a trip somewhere tropical and watch C while I'm there with DH hahhaha

My other favorite response is- I was relaxed the first 6 months of trying, don't you think we would be pregnant by now if that were the case?

I <3 being a smart@$$ sometimes... :devil:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Just...this....pretty much sums up the last 3 days...is it ovulation time yet?

155857_590462281030576_1780824625_n.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hey PPM, I got an evap line of my own!!

Not as bad as yours, but still bad. This is about a week old. The one I took a day before this one has an evap as well, but not as bad. And there's one on the dollar store test I took. Maybe I need to throw them out after using :)

image-1099022927.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

I just found this while cleaning my bathroom cabinets:

_13926.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Wow! Okay, we all need to start throwing out our tests after they are determined to be negative. Those evaps are crazy.

I had an interesting conversation with DH last night. He has been very relaxed about TTC, as in "it will happen when it is meant to happen." Last night he asked if I was for sure not pregnant (um, yeah, on CD4 so I'd say no) and if my "thing" really started. Ha. Then he asked how long I am going to wait to talk to a doctor. I told him that they won't even do anything until we've been trying for 12 months since I'm not quite 35. He said "well, tell them we've been trying 12 months. Technically it's true because we haven't used protection for the past year." That's half true- we use the trusty pull-out method but nothing other than that. I might give my doctor a call if this cycle doesn't work. Or maybe see if she can do 7DPO blood work to make sure my ovulation is strong. I'm sure I'm jumping the gun but it's so hard not to think that something is wrong when it worked so quickly last time.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1390329236|3597790 said:
Wow! Okay, we all need to start throwing out our tests after they are determined to be negative. Those evaps are crazy.

I had an interesting conversation with DH last night. He has been very relaxed about TTC, as in "it will happen when it is meant to happen." Last night he asked if I was for sure not pregnant (um, yeah, on CD4 so I'd say no) and if my "thing" really started. Ha. Then he asked how long I am going to wait to talk to a doctor. I told him that they won't even do anything until we've been trying for 12 months since I'm not quite 35. He said "well, tell them we've been trying 12 months. Technically it's true because we haven't used protection for the past year." That's half true- we use the trusty pull-out method but nothing other than that. I might give my doctor a call if this cycle doesn't work. Or maybe see if she can do 7DPO blood work to make sure my ovulation is strong. I'm sure I'm jumping the gun but it's so hard not to think that something is wrong when it worked so quickly last time.

I strongly encourage you to talk to your doc! I went in before I hit the one year mark and I'm glad I did because my first doctor was an idiot who put me on progesterone when my progesterone levels were actually fine and it ended up working as a contraceptive (I didn't know any of this until I went to doc #2). Then after 6 months of that and awful side effects, I switched doctors. Also, first doctor told me I just needed to relax, it's a miracle I didn't b-slap her, I did give her awful google reviews though lol. ANYWAYS, then I went through all the blood work and the surgery and now I'm finally at where I am now. I wish I had gone in even sooner. I'm not saying you'll take as long as it's taking me, but my stance is it's better to know sooner than to waste time when there's something possibly wrong.

AFM: I think my endometriosis is coming back. My back went out for the first time today since the surgery, I'm in the middle of AF and I'm having golf ball sized blood clots again which pretty much screams that it's back in full force. I emailed my RE about it to see what she thought so hopefully I'll hear back from her today. She may suggest another laproscopy since any medication to stop the growth would keep me from getting pregnant. However, I don't have another spare 5k sitting around so we would probably look into iui at that point which is only 1k. To say I'm annoyed is definitely an understatement, sigh :nono:

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

RT- That meme is spot on! Hope AF is over soon!

AMC- good luck with your WONDFOs! I love stocking up on anything I could be on. I think every other day is a good plan but I don't think 2 days on 1 day off is that bad either. Your chart looked so perfect last cycle that I would guess that you just fell under the "only 20% chance of conceiving even with perfect conditions."

LC- Ugh! I can't stand unsolicited remarks about anything to do with fertility/pregnancy/parenting. I know most people just don't think of it but it's annoying that people assume it's fair game to discuss. Congrats again though! So happy for you!

PPM- So sorry about AF! She sucks!

MissRachel- I think temping depends on the person. I know some women who get out of bed and temp or wake up, look at their phone for a little bit and then temp and it doesn't really mess with their BBT. I would just keep it consistent whatever you do. It's so much easier to interpret a chart when the data points are consistent. Some women just temp whenever they wake up (even if it's not the same time) but my temperature varies so much if I don't temp at the same time every day. I set an alarm for a time that is definitely before I would wake up naturally to make sure there is no variability in my wake time. I am used to it and just fall back asleep as soon as I put the thermometer in my mouth and then take it out when it beeps and go back to sleep again. DH is a light sleeper and complained at first but he has also gotten used to all the alarms and beeping.

AFM, Well I think I ovulated yesterday (CD18) but my temp is not too far above my coverline so we will see what tomorrow holds. I do not have high hopes for this cycle because we only got it in O-3! That's it! Just one shot and 3 days before O! I am so bummed that it worked out that way. We ended up having a busy weekend and Sunday I got my "peak" on the fertility test but we were at a friends watching football and DH had beer. Alcohol makes him last longer and that coupled with the anxiety of knowing we are trying just wouldn't work out. Monday was super busy and I was sure I was going to ovulate, so I just felt like we would miss it anyway. My only hope is that I had EWCM when we did it so I think the spermies had a good shot at sticking around up there for a little while. I know they can live 5 days if the conditions are right, but I also know the highest probability of conceiving are on O-1 and O-2 so I'm just not super optimistic. Oh well, I just hope that temp is up again tomorrow so that I can confirm my O.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1390329659|3597800 said:
I strongly encourage you to talk to your doc! I went in before I hit the one year mark and I'm glad I did because my first doctor was an idiot who put me on progesterone when my progesterone levels were actually fine and it ended up working as a contraceptive (I didn't know any of this until I went to doc #2). Then after 6 months of that and awful side effects, I switched doctors. Also, first doctor told me I just needed to relax, it's a miracle I didn't b-slap her, I did give her awful google reviews though lol. ANYWAYS, then I went through all the blood work and the surgery and now I'm finally at where I am now. I wish I had gone in even sooner. I'm not saying you'll take as long as it's taking me, but my stance is it's better to know sooner than to waste time when there's something possibly wrong.

Thank you for this. I have a call into my OB and am waiting to hear back. And I know this is jumping the gun- but at what point is it better to consult and RE vs. an OB? My insurance covers either and the one RE on my insurance is the #6 clinic in the nation. Like I said, I know it's jumping the gun at this point, but I like to have a general plan in place in case we don't have success the old fashioned way. I just have that gut feeling that something isn't right.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1390343531|3597977 said:
random_thought|1390329659|3597800 said:

Thank you for this. I have a call into my OB and am waiting to hear back. And I know this is jumping the gun- but at what point is it better to consult and RE vs. an OB? My insurance covers either and the one RE on my insurance is the #6 clinic in the nation. Like I said, I know it's jumping the gun at this point, but I like to have a general plan in place in case we don't have success the old fashioned way. I just have that gut feeling that something isn't right.

I would go straight for the RE. The first doctor I saw was only OBGYN. I think the main reason people will go through OBGYN first is because they need a referral for the RE. My first doctor didn't even bother looking at my period symptoms when I mentioned possible endometriosis. She just said I had bad luck with my periods and I needed to suck it up. RE's will understand exactly what to look for and a lot of them have been through this as well. If you don't need the referral, seriously, just go to the RE.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Thanks random! I will talk to my OB and see what she says and then decide what to do based on that.

On another note, do any of you use wondfo OPKs? I decided to try mine out and am getting a really decent line for only being on cd4. I know lh can fluctuate throughout the cycle but this seems odd. And AF is just about gone and I only had light spotting today. I've never had this light or short of an AF. Not sure what's causing a weird cycle.

image-4195709426.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

AMC- That is weird for CD4. I had a hard time with Wondfos though so I'm not expert. As for talking to your OBGYN go for it! The 12 months guideline is for people who aren't really "trying," just having unprotected sex and therefore might not be timing things correctly. You have charts to show you are timing it right. I used to have some really irregular cycles and my OBGYN at the time told me to see if him if I had 3 cycles without success and I was under 30 at the time and hadn't even started trying! I also wanted to add that pulling out can be VERY effective if done correctly so it doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem. We've relied on it exclusively for 5+ years without an "oops" and then had no trouble getting pregnant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results