shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding an Asscher cut green sapphire/chrysoberyl

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I am on the lookout for a green gemstone for my engagement ring, and I'm only particularly about it being an Asscher cut, approximately 7mm wide, and of a yellow-green colour (like http://www.whitesgems.com/gallery/CHL004.htm or http://www.whitesgems.com/gallery/APT009.htm).

I've been trying to get into contact with a few gemstone cutters, but the main one I was liaising with has gone MIA all of a sudden, so I'm on the lookout for other cutters. Would you have any suggestions?

I contacted Jeff White and Bespoke Gems today (and does anyone have anything to say about either of them?) I would welcome any suggestions!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peter Torraca, and Gary at Finewater Gems. Oh, and Gene Flanigan at Precision Gem. They all cut mean asschers.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
@HotPozzum, that's GORGEOUS. Exactly like that.

@FrekeChild, I've just contacted Peter today, I'll have a go with the other two. Thank you so much!

Please keep them coming! and on the offhand, would you guys recommend a yellow gold or silver mound with this stone? I would like it with a halo (I know many people don't like halos with Asschers, but I do!)

Silverbackmp

Rough_Rock
Rose gold makes chrysoberyl pop.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For that bright super saturated yellow green, I prefer yellow gold.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1375871534|3498144 said:
For that bright super saturated yellow green, I prefer yellow gold.

+1! I'm not a fan of silver as it is more upkeep and rose gold is just to much contrast for me. While beautiful it is a very modern look to bezel in RG.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or, like mochi, green gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results