shape
carat
color
clarity

New cushion tsavorite ring

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my new tsav set, snuck out of work for 20 min and headed to jewelers row. My regular jeweler wasn't open today (Sunday), but the new jeweler did a respectable job. Especially considering the palladium mount was made for a 7x5 emerald.

Sorry for the bad and repetitive iphone pics, I'm just excited since I haven't had new ring in what feels like forever!

photo_184.jpg

photo_185.jpg

photo_186.jpg

photo_187.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some more. In icky office lighting (the first set was a mix of indoor and outdoor lighting)

photo_188.jpg

photo_189.jpg

_3771.jpg

photo_190.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It looks very pretty! I looks very well proportioned; can you tell us the dimensions of your stone, the side stones, and your finger size?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
last ones, thanks for looking!

photo_195.jpg

photo_197.jpg

photo_198.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! So green!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dimensions:
1.13 cts cushion cut measuring 6.1x5.2x4.4

The side diamonds are .12ctw I think (the setting is from asha diamonds), size is a 5.5

Of note, the stone is noticeable darker IRL under most daily lighting conditions than the vendor photo. It CAN look like the vendor photo in lots of bright light, but as you can see from my photos, most of the time it's a deeper and darker green. Which personally, I prefer (I have a tendency to like richer, med-dark stones over the bright mediums).

Vendor photo:
17715-tsavorite.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous colour! There is nothing like a tsav! Sigh.

I don't have any green stones since I gave my emerald away.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1361123198|3382377 said:

Well then clearly you should get a tsav!

I'm actually thinking of selling some of my colored stones and colored stone jewelery to make room for new goodies once I get them. I still have an unset 5.2mm ish square cushion tsav that isn't set and I have no plans for. I don't think I need 3 tsav rings..

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

The ring is very pretty and the color of the tsavorite looks medium to me, not too dark and not too light. Enjoy wearing it.

Annette

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Nice! I can see a slight unevenness to the prongs, but it's really not a bad job given that the setting was too big for the stone. Lucky you for having a jeweler who will set the stone while you wait (I usually have to drop it off and come back in 2 weeks)!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Nice! Keeps its lovely greeny-green color in different lights & your setting allows it to be the star. Great job!

--- Laurie

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice size for your hand! and I love the brilliant green colouring - its beautiful and how amazing your jeweller could set it for you right away!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1361128122|3382422 said:
Nice! I can see a slight unevenness to the prongs, but it's really not a bad job given that the setting was too big for the stone. Lucky you for having a jeweler who will set the stone while you wait (I usually have to drop it off and come back in 2 weeks)!

Haha, don't you miss Philly now? Yeah, I just popped down to jeweler row since I work close to there, and there was a open 24 hour repair shop. I'm usually wary of those types, but the guy seemed competent enough, and I was impatient and didn't want to try to come back during the week :razz: It's not the most elegant reset, two of the "bottom" prongs are a bit marked up and bent in, and sometimes I think there might be a slight asymmetry to the prongs, but it's very subtle (and might just be my eyes playing tricks). But all in all, not bad for 20 mins! Had it been a more expensive project or softer stone, I probably would have waited to see my regular jeweler who is more meticulous.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1361123198|3382377 said:

Ooh, Peri, can I be your friend? :cheeky:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG: I admire your ability to move so quickly. Its like when you know, you really know! You bought it, it arrived, and within, what two days its mounted? Nice track record of getting things done! How do you like it compared to your other ring? I know I have a bias (which I think you share :Up_to_something: ) but please think twice about selling your other tsav right now if it was but by Barry. His work is unparalleled and tsav is just getting scarcer and scarcer...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1361133931|3382483 said:
MTG: I admire your ability to move so quickly. Its like when you know, you really know! You bought it, it arrived, and within, what two days its mounted? Nice track record of getting things done! How do you like it compared to your other ring? I know I have a bias (which I think you share :Up_to_something: ) but please think twice about selling your other tsav right now if it was but by Barry. His work is unparalleled and tsav is just getting scarcer and scarcer...

Oh no, I would NEVER sell my supernova tsav from barry, it's my baby!
But I do have a handful of cs rings that don't really get worn, so I might do some spring cleaning at some point. And the cushion tsav I have isn't from barry, but the color is very pretty. If I don't sell it, I might put it in a pendant at some point.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1361134432|3382492 said:
minousbijoux|1361133931|3382483 said:

Oh no, I would NEVER sell my supernova tsav from barry, it's my baby!
But I do have a handful of cs rings that don't really get worn, so I might do some spring cleaning at some point. And the cushion tsav I have isn't from barry, but the color is very pretty. If I don't sell it, I might put it in a pendant at some point.

Phew. I was confused and thought your unset cushion was from Barry...

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great color and it looks so good in that setting. Your iPhone did a pretty good job because those tsavs can be so temperamental for pics.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring MTG, and your tsav looks a gorgeous colour from your pics, not too dark at all. 8)

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Is there any resource I could use regarding that tsavorites are getting scarcer? Thanks

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1361146350|3382653 said:
Is there any resource I could use regarding that tsavorites are getting scarcer? Thanks

What do you mean, OTL?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1361146350|3382653 said:

I haven't read any recent articles about diminishing supply, it's just anecdotal from lapidaries saying that tsav rough is getting harder to come by. I think Gene recently mentioned it, and Barry's mentioned it before as well. But again, it's just anecdotal, I don't know if there's been documented decreases in availability.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

It was actually a total fluke, I bought the setting before the tsav, lol.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You sure move quickly! Looks great in the new setting and on your hand.

Tsav supply is always lower during the rainy season. From discussion with vendors, the quality isn't as high as it used to be. Pricing has also gone up quite a bit, sometimes going up in a matter of months.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked at your pics again and would love to ask you for one straight on looking down. But is it hard not to block the light? Maybe tomorrow in daylight?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!! It looks great!!!!!!! I'm so excited to see it!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1361161507|3382885 said:
I just looked at your pics again and would love to ask you for one straight on looking down. But is it hard not to block the light? Maybe tomorrow in daylight?

I'll try it in daylight with an actual camera, lol, I wasn't coordinated enough with the iphone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful MTG! Love the green color and the setting is perfect! Wear in health and happiness!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results