carat
color
clarity

New cushion tsavorite ring

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1361159417|3382853 said:
You sure move quickly! Looks great in the new setting and on your hand.

Tsav supply is always lower during the rainy season. From discussion with vendors, the quality isn't as high as it used to be. Pricing has also gone up quite a bit, sometimes going up in a matter of months.

Heh, like I said, it was mostly a fluke, I had gotten the setting first, then the stone, then thought "oh hey, maybe that would work..." And I live in Philly so there's never a dearth of "20$ and 20 min" speed setters in jewelers row.

I'm sad to here it'll be getting harder and harder to get quality tsav,it's definitely my favorite stone (Green garnet in general really). I think I own more green garnets than any other type and color of stone.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1361168995|3382947 said:
Yay!!!!!! It looks great!!!!!!! I'm so excited to see it!!!!

Hehe, wouldn't have done it without you!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1361161507|3382885 said:
I just looked at your pics again and would love to ask you for one straight on looking down. But is it hard not to block the light? Maybe tomorrow in daylight?

So, I was sitting around getting errands done, and snapped these for you. Some are in daylight, others indoors, as face on as I could without totally blocking the light. Hope you like them!

day1.jpg

day2.jpg

day4.jpg

_3820.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some more

store1.jpg

store2.jpg

store3.jpg

store4.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I do, MTG. Thank you.

I am also impressed that you were largely able to capture color without too much shadowing. I see the reflection in some of the pics and know its darker due to light being blocked, but your photos are quite good, and it appears that the stone reads as brighter than a forest green in all the lightings you used. Well done on your purchase! :appl:

Its nice to give one of our vendors who is a bit off the beaten track some attention. :))

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks! I'm quite happy with the purchase and the ring, and I"ve already gotten a lot of compliments on my beautiful "emerald" ring, lol. I always say "it's actually a garnet" and people go "really?? are you sure??", including the mall jewelers I saw today, haha.

But the color is a deep and lovely evergreen, just lush :) Makes me forgive the little inclusions, lol.

Still, I don't think it'll ever replace the place that Barry's tsav has in my heart :love:
file.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah, that's pretty amusing, "are you sure?!" "No, actually, I have no idea...I just found this green glass lying around and had it put in this quality setting because I'm just like that!" :rolleyes:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know right, also, why would I lie about it being a LESS expensive stone? lol.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1361222806|3383441 said:
Hah, that's pretty amusing, "are you sure?!" "No, actually, I have no idea...I just found this green glass lying around and had it put in this quality setting because I'm just like that!" :rolleyes:

LOL! That made me laugh, Minous . . . :lol:

Gorgeous, as usual MTG! :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1361223332|3383453 said:
minousbijoux|1361222806|3383441 said:

LOL! That made me laugh, Minous . . . :lol:

Gorgeous, as usual MTG! :love: :love:

I mean, REALLY, do they NOT KNOW WHO THEY'RE DEALING WITH?!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha. If I were a superhero, I'd be the "Green Garnet" . SO much prettier than Hornets, Lanterns, or Arrows!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results