shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Firecracker, I'm cheering you on too! I can't remember if you've said before, but assuming everything continues to go well, have you decided whether you will you be transferring one or two? It is definitely your turn to get a BFP, and I will be keeping close tabs on you in the coming weeks!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Firecracker! :appl: 11 eggs sounds promising. Sending dust your way.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Ltl - Thinking of you and hoping the transfer goes well. Fingers crossed this is it for you!

Bright - Cannot wait to hear how your IVF journey goes in the coming months. I hope you have a wonderful trip to SA.

Tammy - Just posted in JBP, but congrats again!!

I am loving all the action over here!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Tammy, Monkeyprincess, Sha, CurlySue and JGator!

The current plan as I understand it is to put in 2 embryos if the transfer is on day three. I had a longer reply explaining that, but I won't expand unless you guys really want to know. I still need to talk with the clinic, and confirm we will have time to discuss this before the actual transfer. I know when we briefly discussed this on Sunday, the doctor said we needed to see what my embryos were doing on Friday before the final decision is made.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, wow, 17 eggs & 11 fertilized!? That's amazing! I'm glad to hear the retrieval went smoothly & you're feeling ok.

If you're up for discussing the day 3 vs day 5 & transfer numbers, I'd be interested
in hearing more. You're pretty young, right?

That's interesting about the stress component in Ivf. I thought I'd read somewhere that stress doesn't necessarily affect outcome negatively but I can't imagine how it wouldn't, ya know? It's such a stressful process but I'll try to take it as easy as possible.

Take care of yourself &
I hope we have another bfp here in 2 weeks!

Tammy, still grinning from ear to ear with your news!

Sha, good to see you check in. Hoping you're keeping your spirits up. Hugs.

Curly, thanks, lady! I'll definitely keep you guys posted. I hope you're doing well!

Jgator, if you're still checking in here, thanks so much for your post on my SA thread. I wrote up a long response but it got deleted. I'll try again later (after the anger subsides a bit!)

It's good to see so many familiar faces (& graduates!) around here! Hi, ladies!

Afm, I seem to be coming down with a cold. A week before I leave for vacation. Ugh. If anyone had some wellness dust (or tips for beating a cold as quickly as possible), feel free to send them my way!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Tammy!!! And LFC!!!

Glad you saw my post before PS are it, but just in case LFC missed it---

Yay!!!!! I'm so very excited for you two! Looking forward to more and more good news!

Do you go in Fri, Tammy? I don't know much personally about interventions, but I've read a lot and triggers don't last beyond 12 days. So I'm totally hyped up for you!

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of when we found out about our pregnancy with Miracle, so in a way, knowing you found out at the same time makes me so happy! I will always remember that huge joy and I just love Fall babies-- I am one! Haha.

I'm not sure where else to post this because it's kind of a downer, but I feel like I need to get it out somehow because bouncing it off my husband isn't enough. I am convinced Miracle taught my body how to get pregnant, and I will always be so grateful for our time with her, and for our joy without any fears during that time. I miss her and I think often about the kiddo who should be 4 months almost but isn't. And then I get mad at myself for being upset and missing her because if she had lived, we wouldn't have this baby who just loves to interact with us when we thump around on my stomach. Ah, this doesn't make sense. I just wish I could have both my babies. That's it in a nutshell.

Tammy, I will be following you and thanking God for every blessing of this sweet pregnancy for you. :)

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Tammy, I haven't ever posted on the TTC threads but I have been following your journey and I am so so thrilled for you!!

Lots of sticky dust going your way.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Bright, try Zinc (zicam or just the pills) and I highly recommend the real Sudafed that you have to get behind the counter at the pharmacy now. Get well soon. And, let me know if you have any questions on SA. You will have an amazing time and love it.

Fisher, I know how you feel. I had a MC at 10 weeks back in Oct 2011, and then we had our beautiful baby girl at the end of Oct 2012. We found out from genetic testing that the baby was a boy so I feel like my daughter has a big brother up in heaven, and I really hope that he's with my dad and grandparents, and that he can look out for his baby sister here. Hugs to you Fisher.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, I would love to hear how you told your DH. I got robbed of that experience because I was going to wait to tell him after I confirmed it the next day but I had spotting that I thought was af, so he learned of the bfp while I was crying about af coming. Can't believe that was a year ago on Friday. Anyway, would love to hear how you told him. Still so happy for you!!!

Firecracker, would love to hear all about the process if you care to share.

Fisher, it makes total sense to me that you want both babies. The joy you feel about the baby inside you doesn't take away the loss you still feel over losing your first baby. I wish you could have both of them here on Earth too. But someday you'll meet Miracle. Still so thrilled for you that you that this pregnancy is going well.

Bright, have a fantastic time! I hope this is the last trip abroad for you for a long time! Have you tried Zicam? Or Emergen C? They are my go to, and really do seem to shorten the duration.

Best wishes to Sha and Bella too!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Omg my phone ate my response and story!!! ;( so annoyed!!!

Ahem, alright I'll do this again later, haha. I'll be back but for now, loads of thank yous to everyone, I'm overwhelmed by the love here on the boards! :love:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I need to try to make this quick. It's a novel, I'm sorry. :oops:

First I wanted to give Fisher a HUGE *hug*. I can't fully understand, of course, but I have an idea of what you're trying to convey and your feelings. I think it's completely natural and I'm so sorry that your little Miracle will have to wait so long to meet her little brother/sister. To answer your question, I actually nagged the RE enough that they let me go in for my first beta and progesterone check about 3 hrs ago. They process them as STAT and said it's 4-6 hours, but usually 4. I'm so nervous! :errrr: My lines are progressing, but I want that number and to know it's doubling...and I want it NOW! :lol:

Ltl, how's it going? Do you get daily progress update on your little embryos? The transfer is tomorrow, right? I'm praying for a sticky little baby for you and can't wait for the next two weeks to go by!

Sha, Bright I'm thinking of you both!! Is that all we have left? I think a clear out really is possible ladies. :bigsmile:

Alright, so here's the story. I can't wait to hear how everyone else tells their DH's too!!

Once I got the bfp on the Answer test, I decided it was time to break out "the box". What is "the box", you ask? Well, Christmas of 2011 (so over a yr ago now) I bought DH a Buffalo Sabres sweatshirt for Christmas (his favorite hockey team). I saw these cute little bibs, so I bought some and planned to give them to him to break the news. Little did I know that I'd end up hauling that box on a move a year later and nearly throw it away more times than I could count!

Anyhow, so that night I got out the little present and a card that I'd bought way back then as well. I wrote him a little note about how wonderful he is with the girls, and how I am so excited that we're going to have a baby. 8) I called him into our bedroom to give him the gift. He was so confused because it's NOT gift giving time in our house, haha!

When he first opened it, he thought it was just a Sabres T-shirt, so he didn't seem really excited (he has a bunch of them). I told him to take it out of the box and when he did his eyes shot up to look at me! He had this huge grin on his face and said "Really?! are you SURE?!" It was too adorable. ::) He hugged me and stood there for a moment, then said he'd be right back. Hmmmm okay....odd response, but it's a busy night so okay.

He walks back with a box of his own! :lol: Apparently he'd remembered when I mentioned that I would like to get this little pendant from Blue Nile that has a circle of hearts, it's hard to describe. I'll link it, if it's okay. Why can't I remember if that's alright or not right now?! Anyhow, yes. He bought that pendant for me and had been carting it around too. :love: I'm still wearing it, I refuse to take it off!

So that's the story. :bigsmile:

Thank you for letting me distract myself here. Truthfully, I'm terrified because I've gotten very attached to this little one and I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't make it. I keep telling myself that we've made more progress than we did in the last 16 months regardless, but that's a pretty weak silver lining if things go badly.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Ah Tammy, that's so very sweet that you both had gifts you had been waiting to give each other. I'm so glad you were finally able to share them and to have that moment together after all this time. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as I know waiting for those numbers is so stressful, even when you know you have no control over anything at this point. Just trust that the little one is growing everyday just as he or she should be. If I could go back a year, I would tell myself to have more faith and try not to let fear and anxiety control me, but that is easier said than done. Thinking of you and can't wait to hear that everything is going well!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
156 at 13DPO, I'm freaking out over here!! My progesterone was only 12.23 so they're starting me on prometrium. I'm trying not to worry about that, she said it's only a little low and it's mostly precautionary measures. Woohoo!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Tammy, congrats Mommy! I love your story about telling your DH, too. So sweet! Now, for the next wait - 48 hours!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous news Tammy, and that's a great beta for 13dpo!!! :D Mine didn't look like that until 17dpo. Oh, and my NP puts all IUI patients on prometrium as a precaution starting three days after the IUI, and I took it until I was about 10 weeks along, even though it turns out my progesterone was fine on its own. Anyway, it can't hurt to have a little support. That's great they are monitoring it.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Tammy! Congrats! Love, love, love that you both had presents for each other. So sweet.

Sending more dust your way as you wait for your next beta!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy, that beta looks great! Here's to continued good news!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Bobbin, JGator, MP, Curly and Pupp. You're all too sweet! It means a lot to me to have all of you cheering our little one on. :))

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, wonderful news! And such a sweet story with the gifts. What a way to tell your husband.

Well work was long, it was my first day back after the retrieval, and than I am off again tomorrow. Bright and Monkey I will write what I understand about day 3 vs 5 transfer tomorrow when I have more time. It will also be better because hopefully, the head doc is going to see me tomorrow (that was the plan last week), and he is the one who keeps up with the literature and makes the clinic policies, so he is really someone I want to talk to. I verified with the nurse today we have time build in to have a discussion before the transfer.

I did not get an update on my embryos today :(. I will let you all know tomorrow. Transfer is scheduled for around lunch time. Now I just have to sleep.

Oh, and lots of anniversary's it seems. Mine is smaller. Yesterday is when I found out I actually had embryos for the first time. I was filing my old medical records and noticed a year ago from that day was my first RE apt. How weird is that?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: whoop whoop!!!!!!

Wow, congrats Tammy what a special story with your DH and your secret boxes :love:

LtFire-good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Such exciting forward steps for our little posse:)!!!!!!!!!!!

AFM-I haven't been to accupuncture in 6 weeks due to scheduling issues and I think my hormones are starting to feel it. I am more than a week away from when FF says AF should arrive and holy cow do I have PMS...my b**bs are so sore that I can't even stand it if B snuggles up anywhere near my chest and DH is on my last nerve (which might be some him ;)) but is definitely mostly me.

So, my #1 goal for Feb is to get back to accupuncture!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Bella! It's nice to 'see' you, hope your acupuncture appointments get you on track quickly! Have you started taking the royal jelly yet? I swear it helped us! I only took it for 6 wks and already had improvements. I actually have a leftover jar that just arrived, hoping I won't need it and can gift it along. :)

Ltl, more prayers and dust for a smooth embryo transfer tomorrow and super sticky baby dust too!

AFM: I definitely want to hang out a bit longer if that's okay. Spotting a little tonight after running around all day and I can't help but be worried. :( I picked up my prometrium prescription though and start it tonight. So hopefully that's the last of the spotting. It's scary!

Hope everyone is doing well and I'm thinking of you all!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Tammy! I'm sooooo going to squeal and jump around when you get your doubles back! Yay-- you're a mommy!

Very sweet story about you and hubs. I just love those sweet moments being shared. :)

Sha, bright, bella, LFC (and others if I'missing some)-- here comes a new wave! Praying my dream of clearing this thread out is in the making. Faith, faith!

Happy weekend, ladies!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, sending you loads prayers of sticky dust. Spotting is really scary, but I have heard of so many women experiencing it (myself included) and everything being just fine. I so hope you have seen the last of it and that your betas keep right on doubling!

Firecracker, I'm thinking of you today! I hope you have some nice and strong embryos!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy, I know all too well how scary spotting is. I've had it with all 3 of my healthy pregnancies. Ironically, the pregnancy I lost was the only one with no bleeding. I hope you noticed is easing up today.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firecracker, I missed your original post but that's wonderful news! 11? I hope you get more positive news today and in the coming weeks.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Ltl, good luck today!!! :bigsmile: Can't wait to hear from you.

AFM, I have a dilemma and I need help figuring out what to do. I know it's up to me and it won't make a huge difference but here's a WWYD scenario.

With the super faint bleed (less than a tsp and only internal really) last night plus cramps today, I REALLY don't want to wait until Monday to get the beta results. If I go to my insurance's lab, it's free and I get the results most likely on Monday. If I go to the RE's lab, I get the results for sure on Saturday by noon, but it's $85.00.

Is it ridiculous for me to spend almost $100 just to get my results 36 hrs sooner? My head says yes, but my heart says no. That's $85 to spend on diapers (or the next treatment, for the cynic in me). On the other hand, it would make my weekend MUCH more enjoyable to know - or for the cynic, it would be much better to process the possibility of a loss before I have to go back to work on Monday. Argh. What should I do?

I have one FRER left that I'm going to take shortly to check for progression. If it's darker, I'll likely just breathe and pray. If not, I think I need to know. Also, all I have (so far) today is a little bit of brown mixed in with the usual creamy cm (sorry for all the TMI). I *think* it's okay, but wow I hate this stage.

MP, Pupp I know you're both right that it's normal. I just read somewhere that 30% of pregnancies spot, but HALF of those end in m/c. :| So that's why I'm freaking out.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hugs, Tammy. I think I can guess all the thoughts going through your head right now, and I know nothing anyone says will ease your fears because the outcome is still uncertain. (Although what you are describing sounds very similar to what I experienced right around the same point and then again a week or so later). Just know I'm praying for you and that little bean and hoping the spotting is nothing. I don't know what to tell you about the beta testing. Like you said, it is definitely one of those things only you can decide. I will say that I made myself almost sick with worry when I waited 4 days between betas and didn't think the FRERs were getting darker. However, I don't know that getting a beta any sooner would've made me less anxious. Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy, I'm the most impatient person (I've peed on sticks in the store and in the middle of the night!) so I would probably do the express beta BUT, as an outsider, I think you should wait. I say that because I don't really think the betas will ease your mind. Of you get a good number you'll probably just start googling "spotting with doubling betas" etc. I know this because that's what I would do! :))

The only thing that would ever ease my worries is time and progress. It's so hard to remain positive but try. I'll be thinking of you.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Argh. Okay I know you're both right. The cramping isn't terrible and goes away completely when I'm sitting. The bleeding was so minor that any normal person would have missed it. I need to just breathe, pray, rest, eat right, drink enough water and pop progesterone up my hoo-ha. That should keep me busy enough this weekend, right?! :wacko:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy, that sounds like a great plan! I'm an expert toilet paper inspector so I know exactly where you are! The TP at my office is made of recycled paper and it has random specs of color in it. I can't tell you how's my times I've freaked out only to realize it was the stupid TP!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results