shape
carat
color
clarity

Question regarding ACA melee w-ring and (new) ACA melee e-ring, please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hey, everyone! As you may know, I am probably going to be doing a reset soon. Several months ago I had a RHR made; it''s a platinum, nine-stone, .05 ACA half-eternity band from WF and I love it. I plan to use it as a w-ring and get a new, matching e-ring made. The center stone on the e-ring will be either 1.53 or 1.68.

What I am debating now is the size of the melee for the e-ring. .05''ers would "match" exactly, but both of those bands together will be 5-6 mm wide... and "wide-ness" is what I am trying to get away from! My current setting is quite wide (probably 10 mm?) and it really doesn''t "show off" my center stone. In fact, it may even "take away" from it. So I don''t want to repeat THAT mistake again!

So, THIN is IN, baby!
2.gif
But how thin can I go, and still have it look great with the w-ring? What do you guys think about .03 pointers? I think .02 pointers (while I LOVE them!) may be too drastic of a difference between the .05 pointers.

Actually (sigh), if I had it to do again... I would have gotten the w-ring in .03''s and the new e-ring in .02''s... or at least both of them in .03''s. But it''s too late for that now!!!

So. whatdya'' all think?! Thanks!
1.gif

Lynn

PS As a refererence, here''s a link to another thread I posted today, about the same rings!http://https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sizing-e-ring-a-little-smaller-than-w-ring.24462/

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
go for 3 pointers, i have the 3/2 combo and the difference is barely visible, so 5/3 shouldn''t be obvious. plus i dont think you have to match the sizing as much as the style (aka both channel set or both prong set etc), sizing is flexible IMO.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Thanks for the reply! xoxox! You made a good point about matching the STYLE more than the actual SIZE. I hadn't thought of it quite so succinctly ~ so thank you!

(And YOU are the EXPERT of this type of setting, you know!
1.gif
)

Thanks again!
Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results