shape
carat
color
clarity

nowadays...what are the "chick magnet" cars?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
princesss said:
Not really a car girl, but pick me up on a date in a nice, clean BMW or Audi and I'm a happy girl. It's funny - when I was dating, half of the guys picked me up in total beaters and half of the guys picked me up in brand new Audis/BMWs/Mercedes. It was kind of hilarious, actually. I guess I never attract a guy in between the two.

SO? Who won? Did you end up with new car guy or beater car guy?

iLander

Ideal_Rock

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1337939610|3203388 said:
My husband's dream car is some type of Mustang. I'd love to own a RAV4. We test drove both one weekend and I thought he had died and gone to heaven while driving the Mustang.

DH is a big Mustang guy. He has a suped up one that is something like 800hp. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty darn fun to drive...

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1337977743|3203821 said:
I'm currently lusting after a Fisker Karma (and have been since the first time I saw one in a parking lot in Detroit about three years ago). I may just take the severance package from this job and buy one! :devil:

They are pretty damn awesome looking! Only thing I don't like is that its kinda slow...but if you're only interested in the looks of the car....two thumbs up!

P.S. that new scion is looking real fresssh!

I love that more car companies like Kia and Hyundai are starting to make all of their cars look really attractive yet affordable...makes me super happy.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1337978879|3203842 said:
I'm currently lusting after a Fisker Karma (and have been since the first time I saw one in a parking lot in Detroit about three years ago). I may just take the severance package from this job and buy one! :devil:

They are pretty damn awesome looking! Only thing I don't like is that its kinda slow...but if you're only interested in the looks of the car....two thumbs up!

I love that more car companies like Kia and Hyundai are starting to make all of their cars look really attractive yet affordable...makes me super happy.

Not to mention the one they gave to Car and Driver to test out was a bit of a lemon. But visually: :love:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1337979322|3203846 said:

Not to mention the one they gave to Car and Driver to test out was a bit of a lemon. But visually: :love:

No way, really? Didn't know that...ouch. I don't think they're selling well at all...too much $$$ for an electric car. Nonetheless, :love:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1337979383|3203847 said:
Dee*Jay|1337979322|3203846 said:

No way, really? Didn't know that...ouch. I don't think they're selling well at all...too much $$$ for an electric car. Nonetheless, :love:

I have to correct myself -- it was Consumer Reports, not Car and Driver. http://www.autonews.com/article/20120308/OEM05/120309861

And yes, for 100K, I would like a car that actually *works*! :cheeky:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

I've never heard of that car before so I had to look it up. It looks cool!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1337978411|3203831 said:
Zoe|1337939610|3203388 said:
My husband's dream car is some type of Mustang. I'd love to own a RAV4. We test drove both one weekend and I thought he had died and gone to heaven while driving the Mustang.

DH is a big Mustang guy. He has a suped up one that is something like 800hp. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty darn fun to drive...

I just reread what I wrote this morning and my taste in cars is really boring. Who dreams of owning a practical car? :bigsmile:

My husband loved that Mustang. He's talked about it ever since we left the dealership. It does seem like a fun car to drive.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
well, the kind i'd like for my SO, I would say one without a car payment! :lol: But alas, that will never happen as he is a car junkie. He's doing a european delivery on a BMW M5.

this means
1.) we will be parking EVEN farther from places than we already do now.
2.) if i don't "tap" off my feet before i get in the car he will get grumpy
3.) If my car "drips" on it he will probally have a hissy fit (we have a "Lift" parking system at our apartment, so my car is above his haha)
4.) If there was so much as a scratch he will be grumpy indefinately.

... i will WANT to drive all the time because of all above reasons, but he will want to drive his because he likes it...LORD HELP ME!! :errrr:

(for reference i drive a honda civic coupe i intend on driving until it can't drive anymore... = my "car payment" money goingtowards BLING! :love: )

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
AN, thank you!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

I love the high tech in your car and DH's modifications!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a car person but mostly classic vintage cars. I would LOVE a classic 1957 vintage corvette convertible :) I saw one one in a parking lot while driving in Houston heading home from work. It was in the parking lot of a strip joint of all places but for a moment I wanted to stop and go inside JUST to have the DJ announce that the owner of the blue vintage corvette's wife is outside in the parking lot waiting for him :lol: alas...I didn't :bigsmile:

I do still own (currently in the process of selling it due to a move to Canada from southern Texas) an Audi TT convertible. Nothing super special but it was a 2003 with less than 40k on it and the first time I saw one at 14 (not the convertible just the TT) I knew I had to own one. I've had it for a few years and it has less than 55k on it and is now in Orange County waiting to find a new loving home. I hope someone can enjoy it and have as much fun in it as I did. My DH thought it was a chick car when he first saw it...until he got behind the wheel. Needless to say the 1.5 years it was up here (stored during the winter) he drove it to work everyday and left his honda at home :lol:

I miss my baby right now though. The weather is BEAUTIFUL and it would be wonderful to have it here to enjoy it in. Many nice trips to Niagara falls were taken in it as well as a long road trip from Texas to Canada. Oh the joys of growing up and needing an SUV or a van instead of an impractical 2 seater!

IMG_0003.jpg

1957_Corvette_Convertible_Classic_Car_Sema_2010_Live.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1338021845|3204136 said:
AN, thank you!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

I love the high tech in your car and DH's modifications!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh, Danny - I am not done yet! Just got busy doing things for a very close friends birthday, will come back and post more exterior shots of the R8!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Jealous of AN's cars!! =) =) =) =)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I never cared what a guy drove, but I've always been a car gal. I have an Audi S5 now and I am madly in love! I mean, I'd think it was cool of a guy was driving it, but it makes all the difference in the world that *I'M* driving it!

556197_10150853720028165_615598164_9835986_1019368556_n.jpg

angelcityjewelers

Rough_Rock
Trade
any expensive luxury car is a chick magnet

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
angelcityjewelers|1338098457|3204588 said:
any expensive luxury car is a chick magnet

I disagree-- the apartment complex I live in is inundated with these super lux cars. It's almost become a joke among my friends. Off the top of my head we have 2 R8's a few A8 and A7's few TTs, there's a Maserati, a few Hummers, lots of little Benz's, that new Nissan supercar, tons of BMW's and convertibles and all makes, a few of the Porsche SUVs and two Panameras...and that's just what I notice walking the dog. A couple Infiniti's too but I don't really follow their model lineup. Same with Jags.

My complex is filled with lots of trust fund babies and international students. They're all leased cars, they beat these cars to hell (this one woman used duct tape to attach her license plate to her Audi. :-/ ), they race them around town. It drives me nuts. They're all like 20-somethings. Trust me, I don't peer into the window to check out if a hot guy is driving it.

That being said, when my SO drove up in a Lamborghini Gallardo I may have been slightly more attracted. haha.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Nice Audi's everyone! Keep them coming! :appl:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Danny, still busy with this holiday weekend but for now here is a shot of his twin turbo.

This pic was taken at a big Audi/Volkswagen car show.

Do I have to edit out the logo?

ourR8.png

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I was reading this post and remembered a car I saw that was completely a chick-repellent car, IMO.

We have new neighbors. A young couple with a toddler and a baby.

One day, we were coming home and there was an orange car in the middle of the street, near our driveways. There were several young men, including the neighbor, trying to get it into the driveway (it didn't go in reverse, or something). So hubby parks and helps them push it into the driveway.

While this is happening, I start to look at the car -- you could hardly miss it. In addition to the pimpmobile orange, it has semi-naked women painted all over it. There's a chick writhing on the hood, one on the side embracing the car in a bikini top and a thong. Others on the other side, I think.

The next day, it was covered with a tarp. I wonder why. :lol:

A few weeks later, it was sold. I assume to one of his single friends, who may remain so for a while.

I just can't imagine choosing someone with a car like that to be my life partner.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lotus99, can I ask you a question? With apologies for the extreme threadjack, but is your name related in anyway to sewing machines? Just curious! I'm sitting here looking at a Singer 99k with Lotus decals and it made me wonder. ;))

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Jennifer W|1338241871|3205198 said:
Lotus99, can I ask you a question? With apologies for the extreme threadjack, but is your name related in anyway to sewing machines? Just curious! I'm sitting here looking at a Singer 99k with Lotus decals and it made me wonder. ;))

No, it's nothing to do with sewing, although I do sew a little. I sort of curse the day I chose a Singer. They're not like they used to be. :(

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lotus99|1338243019|3205210 said:

No, it's nothing to do with sewing, although I do sew a little. I sort of curse the day I chose a Singer. They're not like they used to be. :(
Come over to the dark side and get a vintage or antique singer! Since it would match your name, may I suggest a Lotus 99k? ;))

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I think Audis are awesome so I'm loving all the pictures on this thread! When I met my husband he was driving a silver S4 and that was a really fun car.

The car that would really turn my head on the street, though, is a fully restored Jaguar E Type Series 1 (although I'd settle for a Series 2!). That's my favorite car of all time. I would love to own one someday.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Jennifer W|1338278228|3205375 said:
Lotus99|1338243019|3205210 said:

Come over to the dark side and get a vintage or antique singer! Since it would match your name, may I suggest a Lotus 99k? ;))

My mom has a vintage singer (late 1950s or early 1960s) that I learned on. It's a great machine.

Sorry for the continued chick-magnet sewing machines threadjack! If I paint racing stripes on my sewing machine, it won't be off topic, right?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1337916658|3203214 said:
I never notice a person's car unless it is extremely unusual looking. (Like the pink piggy Bug that I see around town, complete with a curly tail.) I have zero appreciation for modern luxury cars, and don't believe owning (or leasing one) makes a man any more or less attractive.

This led to me inadvertently offending an acquaintance of mine once. We taught in the same college, and upon learning that I am a member of the Chicago Botanic Garden she asked me if she could come enjoy the gardens with me one day. This sounded lovely. She picked me up, drove to the gardens, we spent a great day walking the grounds, had a nice lunch. Then we went back to the parking lot and for whatever reason I thought some normal looking black car was hers. She was walking in that direction, it rang a bell. She picked me up in a black sedan, that's all that had registered in my mind. The car I walked up to was a Nissan, I think.

She was very upset. It turns out she drives a Mercedes, and was honest to goodness offended that I didn't recognize that, and thought the Nissan was hers. When I told DH the story at home that night, he said, "Honey, her car cost at least $80,000. You didn't know that?" I had no idea. I still couldn't tell you what model it was, there were three letters in it. I don't know, it just looked and felt like any other car to me.

I almost went on one date with a man who drove some sports car that was very expensive. I don't remember what it was, but he made sure to tell me that the car was probably worth more than my parents' home when he picked me up. AAAAAAND . . . that date was over.

LOL at the last line, I would have had the same reaction as you.

Edited to add, I'll tell you what is a huge turn off (other than bragging about the cost of your car) is a hummer. I can't stand hummers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results