shape
carat
color
clarity

nowadays...what are the "chick magnet" cars?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1337916658|3203214 said:
I almost went on one date with a man who drove some sports car that was very expensive. I don't remember what it was, but he made sure to tell me that the car was probably worth more than my parents' home when he picked me up. AAAAAAND . . . that date was over.
Haven
my truck ain't worth that much,so what time can i pick you up?.. :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Roster Car is the best chick magnet car.

1rcc.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1337916658|3203214 said:
I never notice a person's car unless it is extremely unusual looking. (Like the pink piggy Bug that I see around town, complete with a curly tail.) I have zero appreciation for modern luxury cars, and don't believe owning (or leasing one) makes a man any more or less attractive.

This led to me inadvertently offending an acquaintance of mine once. We taught in the same college, and upon learning that I am a member of the Chicago Botanic Garden she asked me if she could come enjoy the gardens with me one day. This sounded lovely. She picked me up, drove to the gardens, we spent a great day walking the grounds, had a nice lunch. Then we went back to the parking lot and for whatever reason I thought some normal looking black car was hers. She was walking in that direction, it rang a bell. She picked me up in a black sedan, that's all that had registered in my mind. The car I walked up to was a Nissan, I think.

She was very upset. It turns out she drives a Mercedes, and was honest to goodness offended that I didn't recognize that, and thought the Nissan was hers. When I told DH the story at home that night, he said, "Honey, her car cost at least $80,000. You didn't know that?" I had no idea. I still couldn't tell you what model it was, there were three letters in it. I don't know, it just looked and felt like any other car to me.

I almost went on one date with a man who drove some sports car that was very expensive. I don't remember what it was, but he made sure to tell me that the car was probably worth more than my parents' home when he picked me up. AAAAAAND . . . that date was over.

She was offended by that? I have a lot of friends who do not share the same love for cars as me and would absolutely do the exact same thing....I laugh! How could you not?!

I think the people who view their cars as status symbols are the ones who would get offended...

And that dude sounds like a real winner, ugh.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1337920180|3203263 said:
Buy me a Mercedes convertible, cream colored, spoke wheels, and I will be your chick for the rest of my life.
April...thee expensive 52 yr old chick.. :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN...nice cars!!.. :love: :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1337925695|3203325 said:
FrekeChild|1337912272|3203174 said:
Dancing Fire|1337904076|3203065 said:
FrekeChild|1337903583|3203054 said:
Whatever you drive DF. :cheeky:
a 2001 Toyota truck... :oops: ...so Freke you still wanna hop in for a ride?... :naughty:
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I've been laughing too hard to type anything. :saint:
but please don't wear your "blue hooker heels"...people may get the wrong idea!!... :lol:
DF, they match my car. As do all of the other shoes that are this color. :cheeky:

Yes, I pick out shoes that match my car. Helps that it's my favorite color.

DSCF0188cropped.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Kenny FTW. LOL! :lol:

BTW, you have some nice cars yourself you promised me pictures of and I'm still waiting! And what's up with that red diamond you were supposed to be returning to me? Huh? Yes, day after day my friendly neighborhood postman has nothing for me! Urgh! :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke
WOW!!,nice matching color... :appl:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1337925606|3203324 said:
Imdanny|1337925131|3203319 said:
AN, yes I've seen the Fusion. I love subcompacts!

But THAT is the car I would have if I could. OMG! And I would love to see pictures of the interior! Any more pictures you have would be great!

For those of you that don't know, this is in the "super-car" class. As a driver's car- it doesn't get better than this. A masterpiece of engineering and design. :love:

Oh, I've got lots more pics for you! I have a lot of interior shots too. He had a lot of extra work done to the car, especially on the interior. It's all alcantara/carbon fiber. You'll love it.

Here are two more to hold you over :lol: :D :lickout:

A guy I used to be friends with is a photographer and took some shots:

AN, excuse me! I just fell off my chair and have to pick myself up. :o

I'd like to see the interior of yours too! I'm not very familiar with the A7.

I can imagine how fun your car is to drive! I have to admit- I've driven a lot of cars and I've never driven one like DH's. That must be amazing.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like I'm learning a new language reading Danny's and AN's posts. I know virtually nothing about cars but there are ones I prefer over others, mainly based on reliability. Souped up cars don't do much for me. Sure, they're fun to look at, but I don't care enough about cars to own one. I prefer regular ol' cars and small SUVs. My husband's dream car is some type of Mustang. I'd love to own a RAV4. We test drove both one weekend and I thought he had died and gone to heaven while driving the Mustang. I was more excited about the RAV4 and he could NOT understand why. :bigsmile:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
DF, if you're worried about whether your car attracts women, pick up a copy of 'What Not to Drive' by Richard Hammond. Some very sage advice there for people who care about this stuff. ;))

Main advice is not to look like you're trying too hard. :bigsmile:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live on Long Island and I see crazy high end cars all the time. Very few actually make my heart go pitter-patter. The R8 is one of them! I also appreciate rare sports cars like the Nissan Skyline and the new NSX. My hubby was a big time car guy when he was in his teens/early 20's before we started repaying student loans. He had a Mitsubishi Eclipse that he did all of his own work on, it was so much fun! It was a chick magnet for me, I loved that car! We can't wait to own a house with a garage so he can have a project car again, it will be so much fun!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1337926701|3203332 said:
AprilBaby|1337920180|3203263 said:
Buy me a Mercedes convertible, cream colored, spoke wheels, and I will be your chick for the rest of my life.
April...thee expensive 52 yr old chick.. :bigsmile:

Df, just turned 53 and I am worth that car! You are not getting older, you are getting better!!!!

Dear son bought a Hyundai genesis for his first car. What a beauty! Good thing he landed a cushy job!!!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Asscherhalo_lover|1337947210|3203413 said:
I live on Long Island and I see crazy high end cars all the time. Very few actually make my heart go pitter-patter. The R8 is one of them! I also appreciate rare sports cars like the Nissan Skyline and the new NSX. My hubby was a big time car guy when he was in his teens/early 20's before we started repaying student loans. He had a Mitsubishi Eclipse that he did all of his own work on, it was so much fun! It was a chick magnet for me, I loved that car! We can't wait to own a house with a garage so he can have a project car again, it will be so much fun!

In the village where I live, the classiest and most expensive vehicle you'll see is generally the bus into town. :lol:
That said, if you drive a mile or so in-land, and go to the spa resort hotel, you'll see a carpark full of cars like you wouldn't believe. Bentley, Range Rover, Overfinch, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar and both vintage and modern models of all the classics, all the 'desire' cars. You name it, if it's luxurious and expensive, you'll find it in the carpark there any day of the week. I take a huge and childish delight in parking my 12 year old Citroen in the middle of 'em all. It really seems to offend people on a daily basis (I use the swimming pool there). I'm toying with the idea of buying a much older wreck, just to mess with them. :bigsmile:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In order:
Bicycles
Public transportation
Walking

My head really turns when I see a nice, sleek, shiny road bike.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My chick magnet car would be the one with a hot looking guy in it :wink2:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking forward to finally getting to test drive our new car...we're taking the all-electric plunge and are in line for a Tesla Model S. I think it's a pretty hot car, and I can't wait until we get it in early 2013! :appl:

ETA: I am also an Audi lover. I've never owned one, and I probably won't, unless they come out with an all-electric model, but all I wanted for the longes time was a silver Audi TT convertible. Black rag top, please. I'm also a sucker for a Porsche 911. And a well-kept 60's era American Muscle car can still stop my heart for a moment.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One with airbags...lots of airbags..

Or a Lotus Elise, they always remind me of puppies and make me want to pet them on the hood, lol.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
There is a boy at my DD's school that gets picked up every day by a Maybach and a driver. :love: I've asked DD why she hasn't flirted with this apparently lovely boy. :lol: I keep asking, and she keeps turning around and pointing at her boyfriend. He drives a used Corolla. 8)
:D :lol:

But, seriously, I've been following the new Scion FRS for quite some time, and I'm considering it for myself. They've released the first 100 in the US so far, but it's still not anywhere near me. I considered pre-ordering, with no obligation, but I'm on the fence.

What do you think? :wavey: :wavey:

SCion_FRS.jpg

New-Scion-FRS.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um|1337952891|3203458 said:
I'm looking forward to finally getting to test drive our new car...we're taking the all-electric plunge and are in line for a Tesla Model S. I think it's a pretty hot car, and I can't wait until we get it in early 2013! :appl:

ETA: I am also an Audi lover. I've never owned one, and I probably won't, unless they come out with an all-electric model, but all I wanted for the longes time was a silver Audi TT convertible. Black rag top, please. I'm also a sucker for a Porsche 911. And a well-kept 60's era American Muscle car can still stop my heart for a moment.
and i sold my chick magnet cars... ;(

copper rightfront.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1337957739|3203528 said:
vc10um|1337952891|3203458 said:

and i sold my chick magnet cars... ;(

Awwww, that's too bad, DF! ;)) Gorgeous cars, though!!! :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my (red) chick magnet car 36 yrs ago...

cars11.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One that is completely paid off or, preferably, bought with cash down. I am such a boring girl.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Not really a car girl, but pick me up on a date in a nice, clean BMW or Audi and I'm a happy girl. It's funny - when I was dating, half of the guys picked me up in total beaters and half of the guys picked me up in brand new Audis/BMWs/Mercedes. It was kind of hilarious, actually. I guess I never attract a guy in between the two.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Thank you DF ::)

Danny, I have an arsenal of photos for you....ready?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Yes! :wavey:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Here come the interior shots of the A7. I'll have to take a few night shots to show you the awesome accent lighting package I got with the car....makes it look :lickout:

The rims are definitely one of my favorite parts about the car...if you look closely, they're two tone. Lighter gray on the outside of the rim, darker gray on the inside. Yummmmm.

So if you look at where the numbers are, I press those to go to my radio stations BUT...when I go to put something into navigation, it turns into a blank area so that I can use my finger to spell everything out...like city, street, street number, etc.

The screen comes in and out so when I turn the car on, it comes out, off, it goes back in. You can press a button to make it go back in if you don't want it out.

The car has its own wireless internet so its a fun car to take on roadtrips cause the passenger doesn't have to be bored!

I got the head-up display too...I can show you what that looks like if you've never seen it. It took some getting used to but now I really like it.

I also got the night vision package so I can turn on the night vision and the car will pick up if there are deer/humans at night and alert me.

The best part is the side assist which has these little blinkers on the inside of the side mirrors that shows me if theres a car that is in my blind spot.

The biggest reason I got this car is because it had a lot new technology in it.

The navigation is google earth which is fun to look at and use!

-10.jpg

-19.jpg

-20.jpg

-21.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Okay...and now for the R8 interior shots.

So, all of the interior that you see in the pictures is custom work by a guy that works in Englewood, NJ. He works on cars that are made specifically for movies so he does excellent work.

If you google some stock photos of the R8 09' interiors, they're completely different.

Everything is leather/alcantara/carbon fiber. LOTS of carbon fiber.

He also added a carbon fiber lip to the front of the car, a carbon fiber wing, carbon fiber diffuser, carbon fiber door handles, carbon fiber side mirrors. He switches it up with the side mirrors and door handles...they're easy labor so sometimes he has them on, other times he doesnt. He also has the roof of the car in a matte wrap. Looks cool.

133758_920918968923_8213151_47043757_7660165_o.jpg

169720_920915944983_5973281_o.jpg

170689_920916788293_8213151_47043733_4386737_o.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm currently lusting after a Fisker Karma (and have been since the first time I saw one in a parking lot in Detroit about three years ago). I may just take the severance package from this job and buy one! :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results