shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelers Mutual - has anyone had dealings claims with them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my absolutely stunning ring!! Now I need to insure it. As many of you have found, Chubb direct refuses to insure it on a separate policy. The person I spoke with this morning even stated that she knew the independant Chubb agents wouldn''t write a separate policy either since Chubb is no longer offering this. Even when I told her I knew several people who had this policy, she insisted they wouldn''t insure on anything purchased outside of Blue Nile.

So, I am checking out Jewelers Mutual and an independant local agency. I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with Jewelers Mutual and/or had worked with them solving a claim???

Thanks so much for your input.

I will try to email pics of the ring but so far my photography efforts are not very good. Too fuzzy! Being a perfectiionist, I will not send one that doesn''t show off the cut and fire of this ring!!!

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
I insured through Chubb on a separate policy about a month ago. I think you are being lied to.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Arlington,

Who was your contact? This whole thing really irritates me.

Thanks!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
***BUMP***

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It's funny, but after reading Arlington's original post, I asked my fiance to call Prince Wood in Woodbridge as he resides in the DC metro area (thanks Arlington!
1.gif
) We had no problem getting a separate valuable articles policy, even though the rest of my fiance's insurance coverage is through another carrier.

I think you should try some other Chubb agents in your area, Icelady.
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I'm in!!! I actually found a Chubb agency who got my jewelry insured on a separate "Valuable Articles" policy!
appl.gif

I cannot believe what a runaround it was, but I really like that they will settle out with cash in the event that any thing happens (heaven forbid
cry.gif
).

Thanks for your replies!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/22/2003 11:08:44 PM canadiangrrl wrote:

It's funny, but after reading Arlington's original post, I asked my fiance to call Prince Wood in Woodbridge as he resides in the DC metro area (thanks Arlington!
1.gif
) We had no problem getting a separate valuable articles policy, even though the rest of my fiance's insurance coverage is through another carrier.
--------------

Smart move CG, as your other carrier probably does not cover loss or disappearance. Most diamonds are just lost & not stolen.

Diane Howley

Rough_Rock
Hi
Just reading thru the mails to get some info on insurance for personal jewelry. I've tried so many agents with Chubb and get the same message: we only insure Nile diamonds. Of all the insurances I've checked on Chubb seems to have the best coverage. I even tried at the store we bought the diamond at, they referred me to Jewelers Mutual. I have filled the application in, but the coverage doesn't seem to be as good as Chubb. I live in Ohio and would really like to find a Chubb agent to insure my wedding ring. My husband upgraded my diamond (30 years and 3 kids later) and I would love to be able to continue to wear it, but he says I'll have to wait until we get proper insurance. Help Help Let me know soon if you have any advise.

Thanks
Diane

Razzle

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 5/4/2004 9:27:43 PM Diane Howley wrote:

Hi
Just reading thru the mails to get some info on insurance for personal jewelry. I've tried so many agents with Chubb and get the same message: we only insure Nile diamonds. Of all the insurances I've checked on Chubb seems to have the best coverage. I even tried at the store we bought the diamond at, they referred me to Jewelers Mutual. I have filled the application in, but the coverage doesn't seem to be as good as Chubb. I live in Ohio and would really like to find a Chubb agent to insure my wedding ring. My husband upgraded my diamond (30 years and 3 kids later) and I would love to be able to continue to wear it, but he says I'll have to wait until we get proper insurance. Help Help Let me know soon if you have any advise.

Thanks
Diane----------------

Diane,

If you really want the Chubb Insurance, I suggest going to the Chubb website, entering your area in the agent locator, and calling each one until you find someone who will issue a stand alone policy. Chubb told me that although the agents listed on their website can sell a stand alone policy, it is up to each individual agent to decide if they will do this or not.....many won't take the time...some will. I found one to insure my ring here in NY...it just took many phone calls.

Hope this helps.

-Razzle

Diane Howley

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I will look further for a chubb agent in our area. I only called one and she tried very hard, even went as far as to tell me to wear my ring, I would be insured that very day. I was so excited to put the ring back on my hand, then two days later she called to say she was sorry. Chubb had decided to insure the BlueNile only. So back in the safe my ring went.

I'm new to this computer chat stuff, but I already like it. I wish I could learn how to put a picture on of my ring. My wonderful husband, upgraded my 1/2cwt to a 1cwt then decided it didn't fill the space in jacket of the ring and then traded again for a 3.1cwt. I have been in shock ever since he put it on my hand. It is so
beautiful. I want to wear it again soon. So I will get on the phone tomorrow. I'll call until I find one with Chubb.

Thanks again
Diane

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
OK here is the number to PLIB in Seattle. They are part of Chubb and will get you a Chubb policy.
His name is Gary Huntley and he knows what he is doing when it comes to jewelry policies. His direct number is 206-344-4150 and they are licensed in all 50 states. As far as policy pricing goes it is fixed by the states insurance commisioner so for Ohio it will be consistent no matter which Chubb/PLIB agent you go through.

EofT

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jewelers Mutual is a great company to work with, but you must work through a Jeweler covered by Jewelers Mutual. If the item is lost, damaged or stolen, they will send you back to the jeweler for replacement with like kind for what was insured. Ie, a 1.05ct F-VVS1 H&A will be replaced with at least a 1.05ct F-VVS1 H&A stone.

They will not, however, write you a check.

I have done several claims for them with never any problem what so ever.

Wink

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Are Chubb agents allowed to insure people outside of their area? Say I got in touch with your guy in NY Razz, but I live 'cross the river...would this work?

Colleen

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
I live in a Cleveland suburb and wrote a Valuable Articles Policy for my ring with Chubb in January 2004. I had to call 3 Chubb agents before I found one who writes a jewelry policy. I used Chubbs web site to locate their agents.

Razzle

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 5/5/2004 1:08:48 AM cmcwill wrote:

Are Chubb agents allowed to insure people outside of their area? Say I got in touch with your guy in NY Razz, but I live 'cross the river...would this work?

Colleen----------------

Colleen,

It all depends if that particular agent is licensed in your state...some are only licensed in the state they reside....others are licensed in several states. That is a question you need to ask.

-Razzle

toothfarey

Rough_Rock
Thank you for posting his information! I truly appreciate it! I just called him and he will be calling me back with an insurance quote right away! thanks again for your help. I am in California, and he said it wouldn''t be a problem. nicole

claimsjeff

Rough_Rock
I always enjoy reading the information posted here and you will see that I don''t wade in very often...but...you have asked a question close to my heart. Jewelers Mutual has been insuring the jewelry industry for over 90+ years and individuals for over 50+ years. We have an A+ rating(financial strength to pay your claims). I personally guarantee that we will try to make the claims process painless for you(I know you don''t want a claim). We will work with your jeweler of choice and have gemologist at JM who know how to work with the jewelry industry. If you do not get the information you need from our website www.jewelersmutual.com, I welcome you to personally call me at 1-800-336-5642. Thanks- Jeff Mills, Vice President Claims- Jewelers Mutual Insurance Co.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Anyone interested in Chubb coverage can call Dave Stone of the Plastridge Agency here in FL. He is extremely knowledgeable about their various jewelry policies, and he won''t make you insure other items with them..

He is licensed in many states.... 1-(800) 473-6603...

also a super professional agent...

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results