shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
PT, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of you and your DH, and sending little Ava grow strong and stay put vibes.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
PT, I'm so so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for comfort and peace to you and your husband and strength to your little girl.

Sending healthy vibrations to everyone here,
Mrs

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh, PT, I am in tears for you after reading the news. I am so, so sorry about the loss of your son. I can't imagine. I'm thinking about you and sending all the positive thoughts I have to your daughter.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
PT, Hugs to you my friend. I'm so sorry to hear about Baby B and praying for your little girl. I hope she stays put just a little bit longer. Sending sticky dust and prayers to your family.

~LC

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Parrot, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I am praying for you, your DH and your little girl.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
PT, I am so sorry for your loss of your little boy. I feel so badly for you. Try to focus on that precious little girl inside of you. I will be praying that she stays put for some add'l weeks. We will all be thinking of you and your family.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh PT....hugs friend.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, PT, I am just heartbroken for you, and so sorry for the loss of your son. I am sending all the sticky dust possible in your direction, and wishing strength and peace upon you, your husband, and your little girl. I am not sure if much is comforting right now, but just know we all care so much and are here if you should need anything at all. *hugs*

lili

Ideal_Rock
PT--
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Sending prayers and dust to your little girl.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
PT-I am so sorry about the loss of your precious son. I am praying for peace and comfort for you right now in this heartbreaking time and for your daughter to be strong and healthy and stay baking for as long as possible.

Not sure if it helps right now to hear other people's stories, but when I was in high school one of the couples in our church were expecting twin girls. The one twin's heart stopped beating around 25 weeks but the mom went on to carry the other twin to full term and she was born totally healthy. It was emotional and difficult for the family during the remainder of the pregnancy (and I'm sure beyond), but their daughter was such a blessing to them.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
PT, I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I will be praying for you, your DH, and your dear baby girl.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
PT- so sorry for the loss of your son. I am thinking of you and your family, especially your baby girl.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
PT my thoughts are with you. I'm sorry for the loss of your baby boy and thinking and praying for your baby girl.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
You girls are looking great! :))

NEL- sorry about the anxiety and stress that you're going through right now. I hope you and your DH are able to get some answers soon, and that you have a healthy bean in there. HUGS!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
PT, I join everyone else in sympathy for the loss of your little boy. I'm so very sorry. Prayers of strength for you and for your little girl in this difficult time.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT, I'll be thinking of you and your family at this very difficult time. Take care of yourself. I hope that baby girl of yours is able to hang in there.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
PT - I am so sorry to hear this. I'll be keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT, oh sweetie I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your baby boy. My heart breaks for you. :blackeye:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Big ginormous hugs PT. So sorry to hear. :(sad

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Huge hugs to you, PT. I am so very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and little Ava.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I'll remain on hospital bed rest until I reach 28 weeks, at which point the doctors will reevaluate. We seem to be holding steady for the time being.

I hope all is well with all you other beautiful mommies to be...would love to hear about names, nurseries, etc. Maybe see some new belly shots!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear things are holding steady PT. We are all thinking good thoughts for you over the next couple of weeks.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
parrot tulips|1318001051|3035329 said:
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I'll remain on hospital bed rest until I reach 28 weeks, at which point the doctors will reevaluate. We seem to be holding steady for the time being.

I hope all is well with all you other beautiful mommies to be...would love to hear about names, nurseries, etc. Maybe see some new belly shots!

I hope to have some belly shots for ya'll from my baby shower last weekend. The shower went well, receiving the pack'n'play (which we will use as a basinett most likely) and matching stroller. Also DH got the daddy diaper bag, and actually likes it.

as a fun laugh for you all, next week i am taking DH to his favorite band (Opeth, one of MANY favorite metal-ish bands) 34 1/2 weeks pregnant. I am hoping to use the bump as a 'pity me' so i can score seats at the bar, and unlimited fizzy water refills :bigsmile:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
PT- I just read this- I am so sorry to hear about your son. Sending prayers your way to keep labor away and keep your little girl on the inside as long as possible.
-Just for you, I'll post some nursery pictures :) check out the nursery thread!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Parrot, I'm glad things are holding steady. Keep us posted, you've got a lot of friends sending you dust, so hopefully things will be OK.

JCarley, Wow, you're a REALLY nice wife. I wouldn't dream of going to any concert at 34 wks, let a lone a metal or metal-ish one. I feel like i'm getting too old for concerts. Maybe just too grouchy. Glad you had a really nice shower!!! Post pics! I'm planning my family shower now, have some calls to figure out what restaurant we'll have it in. But I've got two drafts for invitations. Sis is helping me pick between the two. I'll print them out here at work on the work laser. :Up_to_something:

AFM, not much going on. Yesterday I was STARVING! To the point that DH asked if I was hungry when I was cutting up an apple before bed. :oops: Today I'm not as hungry more manageable so I'm pretty happy today. Dunno what happened yesterday. Maybe baby had a "growth spurt."
Twenty weeks yesterday! Half baked! Woo hoo! We'll have our 20wk U/S next week on Thursday. The other day we were in bed, and I said to DH, "We get to find out what we're having next week." Then he said he thinks we're having a girl. I do too. So we'll see next week. Who knows. From NEL's TTC synopsis of Shettles method for determining sex, X-sperm are slower and more resilient than Y-sperm. And I didn't O until 5 days AFTER our BD session when I got pregnant. So we'll see how the Shettle's hypothesis is...

Will post my 20wk belly pic when I get home today. :)

~LC (20W, 1D)

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie -Your nursery is darling! I LOVE the mobile you made. Aside from paint, we haven't started ours yet. I'm not sure if we still want to remain gender neutral, or if we should go a little more girly now.

LC - I'm right there with you on being hungry. The hospital diet is more restrictive than I'm used to, so I'm constantly starving.

AFM, DH requested I be moved to a room with a view, and the Blue Angels are in town this weekend (I'm in San Francisco at the moment), so I should be able to see them flying this afternoon. So far Ava is remaining nice and active, and her heart rate is looking good. There are some contractions, but not nearly as frequent as before. They are monitoring "both" of us twice a day right now, but other than that, I am finally free from all the monitors and the IV.

E B

Ideal_Rock
PT- What a sweet request from your husband, and I'm glad things are steady for now. Fingers and toes crossed they stay that way for many more weeks.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
PT, so good to hear from you, and I cannot tell you how relieved I am to hear that things have stabilised a bit. Hope you are holding up ok and that you have family and friends around to support you; sounds like your husband has been fantastic. Am gunning for you, hubby and Ava every step of the way. How many days past 26 weeks are you now?

I don't have much of substance to report. Have had annoying Braxton Hicks contractions on and off today, they are getting more uncomfortable now that Dot is getting bigger! Also having issues with reflux - it did settle down nicely for a few weeks but now it's back with a vengeance, am going to have to re-modify my eating habits I think as at the moment I spend a good 2 hours after every lunch/dinner feeling really uncomfortable.

Starting to obsess over nursery things - not so much about how to decorate it, but stressing about how we are going to do it in time! Feeling a bit better since deciding not to repaint the whole room. Instead we are going to strip the carpet from the floor, polish the floorboards, and repaint the skirting boards, built-in cupboards and windowframes white. The walls are currently the palest of pale ice blues (in some light it barely looks blue at all, so much more neutral than "baby boy blue"), and with the white trims and blonde floorboards I think it will be really pretty. I have a set of 3 ceramic swallows that I have never hung - they are pale blue, pale teal and pale yellow - and I think we will go with blonde wood or light walnut furniture, mostly just because white gets chewed up. Toying with getting the Stokke Sleepi cot; we have been tentatively offered a cot by DH's cousin (whose little boy is nearly 2 1/2) but I really like the oval shape of the Stokke and how it is so open and airy, even though the price is horrendous!

Tossing up whether or not to buy a solid change table or not - it is tempting to buy a sturdy folding one (I like the Ikea Spoling table in beige/white) as a) our friends and family have told us they stopped using their change tables once their kids became crawlers/mobile, and b) we will probably bathe Dot in a baby bath in the laundry until she's big enough to go in the big bath, because our laundry trough is the perfect height and we have a workstation bench in the laundry where we could easily set up a change station for her.

(21w6d)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
PT, I've been thinking about you tons. I am so glad to hear that Ava is moving around and that she has a strong hb. I'm also glad to hear your contractions are calming down, though I'm sure you wish they'd go away altogether. You are a very strong mama, PT, and I'm continuing to keep my fingers crossed for you and Ava.

Pancake, the acid reflux stinks! Do you know what foods are causing it? Or is it just a hit-or-miss thing? I keep trying to pinpoint the source of my heartburn with no success. And I completely understand the stress about getting the nursery done in time--I keep telling myself that I have several more months and it will get done. My best friend has the Stokke crib and loves it (and it's held up beautifully). The only complaint she had about it was that she couldn't use any bedding and wished she had more options for bedding. I don't think it was that much of an issue, though, because she's having another and getting a second Stokke.

Oh, and i'm having the same issue with the changing table. I've decided I don't want a changing table, but I do want something similar--maybe some open shelving at changing-table height so I can convert it to storage down the road.

LC, funny you mention the waxing and waning if your appetite because I'm the exact same way. I'll have a day when I feel like I'm eating constantly, then there are other days (like yesterday for me) where I only eat a fewa bites the whole day. I thought it was because I was filling up, then my stomach was overwhelmed and needed a break, but I don't really think that's it. I can't wait for your fetal anatomy scan! So close!

JCarly, woohoo for the successful shower! It's nice to have that done so you can figure out the last things you need to buy (and don't need to buy). And you get a gold star for taking your hubs to the concert while so pregnant--I think you can totally milk that to get great seats and service. It's a good plan!

AFM, best friend's wedding was last night and it was beautiful. She was a very laid-back bride, which made the day very easy and fun. I'm so excited for her.

I went to Buy Buy Baby for the first time with my mom. I'm glad I had a large list of the things I needed before going in there because it was overwhelming (though I didn't buy anything). My mom thought it was hilarious that babies need so much stuff these days. She did fall in love with the nursery chairs, though, and wants one for her sunroom. So funny, but they are super comfy.

I'm eager to get started when I get back. I actually need to focus on the bedroom a little. Katie will be in there with use for a few months, so I'm going to order a sofa and ottoman for the bedroom. It's going to be busy over the next few months between all the baby prep and the holidays.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
JCar - I'd be careful about going to a concert. We went to a UFC event in Denver a couple weeks ago, and during certain parts it was LOUD, and she was NOT HAPPY. I could tell she was awake throughout the entire thing (never felt her move so much!) which was over 5 hours long and she must have exhausted herself, because she was very quiet for a couple hours after that.

Pancake - we thought a lot about this. We ended up going with a long low dresser at a reasonable height so she can use it for a long long time (this is the plan anyway!)

PT - fingers crossed those contractions knock it off! Still thinking about you.

NEL - I really can't wait to see what you end up with in your nursery! BTW, Catherine/Katherine is on the short list of possible middle names for our little one.

AFM, not really that much. Apparently I'm going to end up having a last minute baby shower (around week 37!) which should be fun, except that we really don't need that much more stuff. There are things like bottles, bibs, hats, socks and blankets that we could certainly use more of, but overall we have just about everything we need.

D and I went to a childbirthing class yesterday but I didn't get much out of it because I've been doing so much reading and research on my own. One conclusion I have come to is that I'm not putting together a birthing plan with meds and how I want things to happen. I know I don't want to be in tons of pain, but I'm not going to know until I'm in the moment how much pain it really will be. And I have a screwed up pain tolerance (meningitis and a spinal tap at age 15 will do that to you) so I really have no idea what to expect from the experience OR from myself. D and I will talk more about it when we get closer to the date and I'm going to have to rely on him a bit. Just so long as everyone comes out of the experience only a little bit worse for wear, I'll be a happy camper.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures of the nursery so far. I think it's almost done...we put up a couple of prints today, so now it's just a matter of putting things away on that half of the room, and waiting until everything else gets here for the other half of the room!

34 weeks tomorrow!

DSCN1094 freke.jpg

DSCN1095 freke.jpg

DSCN1098 freke.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results