shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
NEL: congratulations on a girl! You will love her more than you ever imagined and it is fun having a mini-me too. I know this is not what you wanted but as a fellow planner, I can say in my experience (only speaking for me) it has been a great lesson in life (things aren't always going to go as planned,etc!). I'm sure D is thrilled. I think I predicted boy so my pink/blue prediction abilities have an almost zero accuracy rate so far, lol!
Sounds like you are at a good spot with what do next after your u/s. Good luck and keep everyone posted.

Moxie.Moe - you remind me of my mother with my sister - she was convinced it was a boy. Just said she knew it. Bought blue for everything and picked a boy name only. I was amazed at this - I know it was 30 years ago, but come on, how could she have been so sure based on intuition alone? All the pictures of my little sister during the first few days/month are of her in blue in a blue and white crib,lol. I am so thankful to have a sister though :).

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I feel like I've been hogging this thread for the past couple of days, so I promise not to keep posting, but just wanted to thank you all again for the support and understanding.

I can promise you that I feel blessed and grateful that D and I are having a baby, regardless of the gender. My gender preference was merely a preference and it doesn't mean I'm disappointed about having a girl...it's just a little bit of an adjustment, that's all. And my gender preference had nothing to do with the baby itself and everything to do with what I felt were my skills as a parent. I'm not terribly patient, I find myself perplexed when I watch my tween-aged nieces have attitudes and mood swings (not that boys don't). I've never been terribly girly, so I feel a little inept when it comes to doing "girl" things. I'm just scared that I'll be a terrible girl mom and that's all. I know you all understand that I'm elated regardless of the sex, just wanted to re-iterate that my girl fears are just about myself.

Thanks again to all of you for sharing your stories--it really does help me to hear that other mamas-to-be were scared and everything turned out just fine :) I appreciate it!

Now I'm off to do a little nursery furniture shopping...

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
NEL congrats on your little girl news! I think you'll get excited once you get used to the idea. Little girls don't have to be all pink and girly. I have the most awesome 4 year old news who is the perfect combination of tomboy and girly. You're going to be such a great mom. Keeping you and baby NEL in my thoughts!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I demand furniture pics! NEL, she will be fine, and you will be a great girl mama. I hope that you stick with the black and white nursery - I thought about that too, but D kind of said "NO."

HUGS.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Preggo friends!!! Happy October!

NEL, don't apologize one second for "hogging" the thread. We're here for you. You will have to apologize if you don't listen to Freke about posting pics of furniture though.... Don't worry about not being a girl-girl mama. I'm sure you'll be a great mama to NEGirlie. I do see your husband totally in trouble with not just a beautiful wife, but also a beautiful daughter.

Freke, I love your nursery. I'd love to see some black and white ideas, but really, your nursery looks awesome. Any progress on the name front?

Pancake, awesome score on the Target baby stuff. Wow, I can't believe your mom has kept baby stuff for 20 years!!! Are you the first of your siblings to have a baby?

Parrot, How's everything going for you? Still thinking about you and your little babies.

AFM, today sis and I went to the Fermi Lab, a particle accelerator about an hour outside Chicago. It was a totally nerdie science day, we attended a lecture, toured some of the accelerator. Then we picked up some fresh apple cider from a farm a little ways away from there. Mmmm!

~LC (19W, 3D)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
NEL - don't feel bad for a second! One of the functions of this thread is to allow preggos to vent their worries to an understanding audience, I would hate to see you stop getting it all out there. Give the girl thing some time, it will settle :)

LC - wow, is one of you two a physicist? Apple cider, yummmm... alco or non-alco? I know the assumption should be non-alco but I am a non-abstaining 2nd tri preggo (haven't had a drink since I got back from Europe but had a glass of wine every couple or few days over there) :)

Me and Mini-M are 21 weeks today! She is still a little jiggly thing in there, non-stop through my 13 hour shift at work yesterday. Tonight I'm off to be measured up for my bridesmaid dress (for bestie's wedding in just under 4 weeks) with my bestie's pregnant sister who is just on 16 weeks. Need to start thinking about the nursery... originally I was thinking maybe pale yellow or pale apple or sage green, but now I am leaning towards maybe a creamy colour and adding the colour with furniture and art. I am not as talented or engaged in the decorating process as many of you (I think that maybe Aussies are more laid back about these things?) but it'll be nice to make a little cosy nook for Mini-M :)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Pancake, we're both engineers, but my sister studied physics in her uni, so she took a lot of those higher level physics classes and knows a lot about particle physics etc. I know very little about it, but find it very cool. I think you're going to look AWESOME in your friend's wedding! How great!!! And for nursery's I'm not that creative either, definitely nothing that can compete with some of the awesome PS mamas around... :)

~LC (19W, 4D)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
MP, thanks for the assurance and you are absolutely right--a girl can be a good mix of girlie and tomboy-ish. That's the goal, anyway :) . I've definitely been thinking about you recently, it's been a couple of days since I've read the TTC thread and need to check back in.

Freke, I'm sticking with the black/white theme. For patterns, I'm trying to decide between toile and damask. I know toile is old-fashioned, but I think it would work best in the rustic room. I didn't get anything at my favorite antique store--though I nearly got a very pretty small, white bureau that I thought would make a great changing table, but decided against it. I promise to post pics as the nursery progresses. Honestly, working on the nursery helps me to feel closer to my baby girl, so I think it will be a really nice little project for me. I really love your nursery, I still wish I could pull off the dark wood. It's so gorgeous.

LC, you get a gold star for going to a science lab and lecture on your weekend. I love a nerd (and am a nerd. Married to a nerd.), so I get the appeal. It's great that you and your sis have so many interests--not just in science, but in all things!

Pancake, she's still jiggling away in there, huh? I'm so jealous, I still only feel very slight movement and usually it's only in the morning. Hopefully in a couple more weeks I'll be in the same boat. And all of the nursery colors sound great--I painted mine before we got our BFP, so I went with a light apple green and now I'm on the fence about changing it. No matter what, though, yours is going to look great! And your friend's wedding is so close!

AFM, I stopped by the hospital this morning before work to get my bloodwork done to test for the infection related to NELittleL's hyperechoic bowel, so I'll be eagerly awaiting those results.

As I mentioned to Freke and Pancake, I'm ready to get started on the nursery! I'm still unsure about the paint. It's a light apple green now (painted before we TTC, so I wanted something gender neutral), but now that we know it's a girl, I'm thinking of maybe a light lavender or pale teal. I may just keep it, though, and just do the black/white patterned theme with lavender accents. We'll see.

I'm leaving for my best friend's wedding tomorrow (she's getting married this weekend) and am really excited to see my family and my best friend.

Oh, and one last thing: we talked about names quite a bit this weekend. D loves something that lends itself to the nickname Katie--maybe Catherine or Caitlin. I'm taking a few baby name books home tonight and we're going to write down 10 names we like, but I have a feeling we'll come back to a Katie name.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
NEL, I love the idea of B&W toile or damask. I totally remember that white burea/chest you saw at your favorite antique shop. That looked pretty sweet. I'm so impressed by you savvy ladies that go antique-ing. I can never do that. I just can't picture it. But some antique stuff would look totally awesome in your nursery with the wood wall. The green color (if you decide to keep it) will keep the place looking "modern/contemporary" without it being totally over the top. And Hooray nerds! Sis and I totally embrace our nerdiness. Sis's boyfriend is a nerd but refuses to admit it. DH is also a nerd, but he's more "mainstream" than we are: watches sports etc, so he passed. He said it sounded really cool though. Next month the lab is going to have a lecture on Dark Matter/Dark Energy, which would be really cool. It was *quite* a drive but we might go again. Have fun at your friend's wedding! Take a belly pic in your dress! I'm sure you'll look AWESOME!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh LC, toile! I had not thought about that, and now I am starting to think about creamy walls with white skirting boards and toile curtains... simple, easy and classic!

NEL - my placenta is high and posterior, so I assume that is why I have been able to feel so much movement since so early on. Exciting that you guys are thinking about names... we are also thinking along the "what nicknames do we like, then work backwards" principle. At the moment we like Ali, Millie and Addy; have a few names that might shorten to Ali and one or two to Millie, but we can't find an Addy name that we like. For some reason I love the idea of having a baby who is nicknamed Dot (! - one of those weird things) but the only name that goes with it that I can think of is Dorothy, and we are NOT naming our baby Dorothy!!!

AFM, I went and got measured for my BM dress last night. Mini-M has added 14cm to my waist and 6cm to my bust!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Pancake, I can take no credit for toile. That's all NEL. :) How do you know where your placenta is? Is this something I can ask the U/S tech? I feel some flickering sometimes, but usually when I'm leaning over. Aw, Dot is such a cute nickname. DH and I don't go by nicknames so we'll probably just go the traditional pick a first name route. His family used to call him "Jimmy" but when he went into middle/high school, he wanted to be "grown up" and told everyone to call him "James". But then he found out all the girls love Jimmy, but he already committed to James, so he's James.

Today was an uneventful day. Work then came home. My dog decided to be the biggest butt head (to other dogs) in the neighborhood today. :(sad Sometimes I worry what she'll do around the baby. I know that I'll be ever vigilant with her being anywhere near the baby. But I still wish she'd just be well behaved. Homemade pizza for dinner tonight.

~LC (19W, 4D)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pancake! Congrats on a baby girl!

PT - how's bedrest treating you?

NEL - I vote for damask! And either lavender or a light teal sound perfect to me. I have to tell you, we've had a lot of conversations about being "too girly" and what have you. Lots of people would say I'm super girly, when in truth, I don't think I am. I'm guessing it's the penchant for jewelry and shoes that lead them to believe that. BUT, this chick wants nothing more than to have a little girl who loves Micro Machines, Legos, tee ball, preferring to hang out with the boys and takes a scraped knee like a hiccup...like her mama! We'll both be fine.

I have to say though that the nursery is great fun, but way more stressful than I thought it would be. Perplexing is maybe the best word...

LC - No news on the name front. I seem to get really motivated for a little while and then forget about it. I'm also afraid about our dogs and the baby...they can be a huge handful sometimes...I can't imagine both of them with a baby in the mix. I have a feeling that they are going to be super jealous. Which would be lame.

AFM...

I've been reading this book "Hungry Monkey" by Matthew something or another and it's a funny quick read (with recipes) about raising an adventurous eater. I'm definitely hoping that we can get her to eat just about everything that we do (which is just about everything) and I got it on clearance at Borders. I need to have a kid that's a garbage disposal like her mom!

I'm just putting some finishing touches on the nursery and hoping that I get some energy to hang pictures and decorate a little more sometime soon. I'm waiting to get a few more items before posting anymore pictures though!

We've kind of become shopped out. We've bought a ton of clothes lately. We made a kind of pact to not buy any pink ourselves because she'll get more than enough from everyone else. (As was proven at our shower!) So she got a frilly blue-green dress. Hey, give me a break, at least it's not pink!

Oh yeah! And 33 weeks today!

gp852311-00vliv01.jpg

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Man! You miss a few days and look at all the news!

NEL - So sorry about the questionable ultrasound, but hopefully everything is just fine. I know more than one person who had questionable tests/ultrasounds and the kids are all perfectly healthy. Hopefully today they rule out infection, and the follow up ultrasound will make things more clear. Crazy amounts of good thoughts going out to you and your LITTLE GIRL! Not gonna lie, I am so excited for you! I know you think you don't know how to deal with a girl, but you're going to be such an awesome mom to that she-kid!! :bigsmile: I have been preparing myself to find out my kid is a boy because the few people I know who had clear preferences are all having the opposite gender! Just goes to show you, you can't control these things. Hang in there cycle twin! Everything will be ok, I know it! And that baby belly of yours is adorable! Can't wait to see how the nursery pans out... I love the green but I also love teals and lavenders, so I wouldn't be any help in decision-making. :))

LC - That bump just gets cuter and cuter! Good on you spending your blissful weekend time nerding out!! I like that stuff too, but I'm not sure I would sacrifice my blessed weekends at this point for anything intellectual. Hahaha. Weekends are the only days I get to take naps... is it any wonder they're so much better than the weekdays? Sorry that you have been worrying about the pup. I know you'll establish clear boundaries and be vigilant and your peanut will be totally safe! Are you feeling movement yet? I don't recall you mentioning it. :))

pancake - So jealous of all the movement you're feeling! I hope it's that way for me too in a few weeks, I'm tired of not knowing what's going on in there! And you're having a girly girl too!!! I want to join that club! Go team pink! And you are probably so right about Americans getting way more into decor than Aussies. We are obsessed with design shows over here, and I've called in reinforcements in the shape of my mother to make sure the nursery is in order! I love the idea of creamy walls and splashes of color in the fabrics and such, it sounds so classic and beautiful!

Elle - You're at 32 weeks now, right?! Holy cow, the time flies! Lovin' the belly! Is that nursery all painted yet? I totally want pictures. :)) Sorry about the miserable heartburn... I've actually had less since I got pregnant but I am worried about it kicking into high gear in the coming weeks here. Yeesh. And I'm sure you do feel huge, but you really just look phenomenal, so rock it while you got it!! ;))

Freke - I LOVE THAT DRESS!!!!!! And I can't wait to see finished pics of the nursery! 33 weeks?! Oh my god, you are SO CLOSE! That book sounds really awesome actually, I'm going to look it up. :bigsmile:

PT - Thinking of you and hoping those babies are staying exactly where they're supposed to! Check in with us if you get a chance, we're all thinkin' about you!

MQ - You look fab, lady! Time sure does fly once the secret's out, huh?

Okay, I know I'm missing a ton of people, but I can't scroll back that far - you all talked too much over the weekend!

Over here in Katy world...

18 weeks 2 days! Almost half-baked! Time sure does fly. I'm been busy and exhausted lately, hence how bad I've been about checking in. Work is a little harder to get through, but is going okay in general. I asked for a four day work week after the kid is born (either 4 long days or a work from home day), and I got support from HR and my boss, now it just has to get through upper management. Not sure how optimistic I can be, but cross your fingers for me!

My mom will be here again in less than two weeks! She's showing up with basically my whole nursery, so I'm pretty excited. And having her here should help pass the time until the ultrasound, which will be nice. I just want to know already!!! We'll also probably get started on registering once we know, so I can throw some decidedly non-neutral things on there! Hee.

I'm not feeling any movement yet I don't think - well, that's not quite true since I thought I might have felt something as I was writing this post, but it would be the first I've ever felt! And I haven't felt any gas bubbly feelings either that I might be confused about, I've just felt... nothing. Except maybe a little jab a few minutes ago. Part of me is totally freaked/weirded out to think about feeling lots of movement, because it's odd in an Alien kinda way. But even more I just want some reassurance that the kid is growing and thriving in there! So... I'll check back if I definitely feel something soon.

I miss being more present here, and I'm totally going to make a better effort, I swear!! How did we all get like halfway through this already?!?! :-o

ETA: Oh yeah! Belly pic! Since I missed Friday....

katy18w2d_0.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katy, guess what's going to be weird? When things start to poke out of your belly...and you can SEE movement instead of just feeling it!

:cheeky:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Katy - argh, you look fab!! Good to see you posting, I was wondering how you were going.

Freke - tonight we were just talking about what kind of eater our little bub will be! I am hoping she'll turn out like the two of us - we eat (and always did eat) everything, no aversions to vegetables etc. That dress is gorgeous!

LC - yep, they will definitely be looking at your placenta anyway because they need to know where it is, or at the very least they need to know it's not low. So they will definitely be able to tell you where yours is. I knew mine must be posterior around 17 weeks as the baby's movements were so clear at that stage.

I am getting bigger by the day, it is almost kind of alarming! Some people think my bump is pretty big for 21 weeks, others say "wow! you're carrying it well!" so I don't know really :lol: Further development on the name front is that I think that Dot is going to stick as a nickname, my husband has already starting calling her "the little Dot". As I said in my last post we are not going to be naming our daughter Dorothy so I think it will be one of those situations where the nickname has nothing at all to do with the 'real' name, haha. The next few weeks will tell... we have decided to go with the shortlist strategy where we have it down to 3 or 4 names and then pick one after we clap eyes on her.

OMG just had one of those flash moments: I cannot believe I am going to SEE her in 4 months!!!!!

(21w2d)

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

Just de-lurking to tell all of you who are having girls and are worried about them not being too girly not to stress out about it. My best advice is to expose them to all sorts of things and you'll be surprised just how quickly they start to show their own personality and preferences. My DD is almost two and has been showing clear preferences for almost a year. I myself am a girly girl and bought her lots of pink clothes and her nursery is mostly pink. However, she shows no interest in pink, princessy things and that's totally fine with me. Right now I am planning a Toy Story birthday party for her because that's her current obsession and I know she'll love it, even though a lot of people think it is a "boy" theme (and in fact, all the party supplies were in the boy section). In 6 months things could change and she could be all about Disney princess and that's fine too. This is all to say that they'll develop their own personalities over time and you'll be just fine. I have friends who are adamantly anti-princess and would never buy their daughter anything pink. Guess whose kid is the one flocking to all the princess toys whenever we get together. Everything in moderation.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i swear, i read this every day, yet don't respond. blame my phone - its impossible to write back on!

NEL - As with everyone else, i am sorry to hear for the questionable u/s. I know the feeling - I had 4 (!) u/s for the 18-22 week gender/measurement scan. The first one, she only measured at 16% and they could not measure her head. The second one, she measures at 18%, and barely could measure her head (she was hanging out in my cervix way to much). The 3rd one, was right after i got hit by a car (while walking) and while the rest of the measures started getting towards the 30% along with her head, they could not find a specific part of her brain (and for the life of me, i've already forgotten what it was called). Needless to say, by that point, I just wanted to know that everything else about emily was OK. I too, did the full mommy-google research, and it almost made me feel better, having a bit of knowledge on what was going on, what could be some causes, ect. And like you, due to the rest of my blood tests I felt more assured that it was not a 'worse case senerio".
Well, by the next u/s (and switched it to a morning vs evening appointment) the first shot they got was the part of the brain they were looking for! Talk about a relief. Of course, with that then they said i might have partial placenta previa and her head measures on the narrow side, but honestly, I didn't care at that point!
So I am keeping you in my thoughts that your next appointment goes much smoother, and you get all the answers you are looking for.

Oh, and I too had gender dissapointment when we found out the sex. Emily was SUPPOSED to be a Henry, and when the tech told us it was a girl, all i could do is go "oh". But seeing how excited DH is, and after buying that first outfit, I am so looking forward to being able to raise a bright, beautiful young lady.

Elle- some of your posts on the unmentionable site are so spot on to how I feel. I am honestly considering going as the hunchback of ND as halloween.

AFM - nothing new, other then mom freakout days of baby not moving, to mom freakout moments of baby moving to much. Our baby shower was on saturday, and it was a blast. We played the oh-so-tacky (but WAY to much fun to watch my mom squirm) dirty diaper game, of which i discovered i do not eat enough candy bars. I only got one right (out of 7). We still have all the "supplies" to buy like a few more bottles, cloth diaper supplies (we are set for a month of NB diapers) and more onesies.

Did anyone hit up the babylegs sale this weekend? We bought 14 pairs of babylegs. Even DH got into it!

Speaking of DH - thank you everyone for your well wishes on him and his new job! He is really liking it, and we are SO thankful that he was able to find a job in the field that he wants to continue building a career. He is a bit bummed he won't be able to take time off once Emily is born, but I keep on trying to reassure him that with family close by, Em's and I will be fine, and we'll be able to enjoy our family time even more. Plus, once he gets to 90 days, he'll take a week vacation to hang out at home!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I'm heading to the airport in a bit, just wanted to catch up before I leave...

JCarly, I'm so glad to hear that DH is loving is job, that is fantastic to hear! And funny that Emily was supposed to be a Henry :) At least you have a boys name chosen in case you have another and it's a boy. I can't believe you had four ultrasounds a four week period, that must have been stressful. I have to go back in a few weeks because they didn't get all the cranial measurements they wanted, but I'm hoping I don't need four!

Novemberbride, thanks for stopping in and sharing! I think it's really cute that your DD loves A Toy Story and you're right, you NEVER know what kind of girl she's going to be. My sister was so excited to have a boy (the only one in our family) because she wanted a sports-player in the house. As it turns out, he hates sports, haha. It's all a gamble!

Pancake--Dot is adorable! I also live the nicknames Ali and Addy. I also suggested Ali, but D didn't like Alison as a given name (though I do) and I suggested Madeline with a nickname Maddy, but D was only luke warm to it. I really think he's stuck on Katie. Anyway, I'm finding the name game more fun than I thought I would--I was afraid it would be stressful. And I'm jealous of your placenta placement, haha. My uterus is somewhat oblong and my placenta is low (not too low), so the baby's head is always low...thus why they can't get the cranial measurements they need. It was also an issue at our NT scan.

Katy, so good to see you! I love the idea of doing a 4-day work week. I'm planning on doing the same thing. After the 12 week maternity leave, I'm going to have a 3-day work week for 2 months, then a 4-day work week for 1 month, then hopefully 4 days in the office and 1 WFH day from then on. But my position is the same as yours, it's a little out of my hands. I'm excited that your mom is coming soon! It will be so nice to get the nursery together once she's there.

Freke, we will definitely both be fine--I'm with you, my girl will probably be the one running around in a tutu scraping her knees. I love that you're reading about raising an adventurous eater, that is definitely something I'd be interested in learning about. I love to cook, and D and I are borderline foodies, so I figure you may as well start them early, right?

And that dress is so adorable--I'm a huge fan of blue-green colors, so I have a feeling there will be a lot of that in our baby girl's closet. So cute!

LC, I can't believe you remember the dresser I posted, that's impressive! I sort of wish I'd just bought it at the time, I haven't seen one I like as much (at that antique store) since. Are you still working on your nursery? And as Pancake mentioned, the ultrasound tech will check your placenta, it's one of the things on the extenseive fetal anatomy scan that they have to check. It's sort of interesting to learn about all the things they have to check for, I didn't know it was so involved.

AFM, excited to get home and see family since I haven't seen them since before I was pregnant!

As of now, the front runner for names is Catherine (Katie) Grace...which sounds good with our last name. I left D with a couple of name books to look over while I'm gone, so we'll see if he finds something he likes more. I'm luke warm about Catherine, but D really likes it and I don't want to dominate the name-choosing. Plus I love Grace. So it's a compromise.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
NEL, I love the name Katie! Ehehehe. My given name is Caitlin, but someone who hadn't seen it written sent my parents a card shortly after I was born that said "Congratulations on the birth of Katy!" and my parents loved it so they kept it!! I've never gone by anything else :)) Funny that Madeleine/Maddy was a frontrunner for you, I honestly think it's my favorite name and I'm hoping to convince DH it's the one if we have a girl! I haven't even tried to narrow down my extensive name lists until we know what we're having, I'd rather only argue about one gender ;)) Awesome that your office is letting you (probably) be flexible after the baby, I am really hoping I can make it work!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Katy, for the record, I've been pushing for the name Caitlin :)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I love that dress! Do they make that in Maternity, 'cuz it'd make an AWESOME holiday party dress!!! Maybe not but what can I say, you have AWESOME taste! And your little girl will definitely be able to take a skid knee without blinking :) That's a pretty cool idea about reading up about solids. Everyone always says "times flies" when the babies are young, so get all the learning in while you can. I might follow your lead. Can't wait for the pictures. And I think the name will come to you guys, and I'm sure it's going to be fantastic!

Katy, you're looking good! I'd LOVE to sleep in too, but unfortunately the dog has other ideas. THis weekend my sis was sleeping over, (we do this dorky thing that when the other's spouse/BF is out of town, we have sleep overs so no one's by lonely and by themself) so she actually took care of the doggie, so I got to "sleep in" even though it was still 8AM. Can't wait to see what your mom stitched up! Yellow & grey sounds AWESOME!

Pancake, thanks for answering me about the placenta. I hope I get a more interactive US Tech this time. I'm sure you're looking fantastic. So cute that your DH decided to stick with the Dot nickname :)

JCarley, Awesome that your DH is liking his new job :) That's fantastic! OMG I can't imagine going in for an US every week for 4 wks. Especially after getting into your accident. I'm so glad that Emily ended up measuring OK. So cute that your DH got all fired up when you guys found out you had an Emily. So glad you had fun at your shower! Did you get most of what you need? Cool you're doing cloth dipes. I'm thinking of doing the same too. I'll see if I can convince DH. He didn't say no, so I think I have a shot. I don't know what babylegs are..

NEL, that dresser was AWESOME! Sorry you haven't found anything else you like as much. Oooh, it'll be super fun that you're going home! Do you think you'll go home again for the holidays? Are you doing a family baby shower? Love Catherine Grace. It sounds so classy and elegant. I really like the name Catherine, but don't think I'll use it since there's a fair bit of Katherine/Catherine/Kathryn's among my friends, so we'll probably go a different route. But we haven't talked about names AT ALL, so who knows.

AFM, not much is going on. Just another quiet day at the office. Met up with some old co-workers and they were like "WHOOOA!!! Liang's pregnant! What happened to Miss I-never-want-to-get-married-and-have-kids...?" Well, 1) I was 24 at the time, 2) I never said I didn't want to get married and 3) I didn't meet my awesome DH at the time :) Anyway they're guys and they love giving shit to everyone, so it was all in good humor.

~LC (19W, 5D)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just checking in to say that I'm sorry about your not-so-positive ultrasound, NEL! I can only imagine how scary that must be, but you should definitely be comforted by the fact that most often, those USs are false positives. I remember on the November '11 mommies board on the bump, there were TONS of posts about that specific issue, and I honestly can't recall a single mom who followed up with bad news. Hugs to you! I'm sure your beautiful DAUGHTER will be just perfect! :)

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Writing from the hospital. Baby B's heart stopped beating sometime in the last two weeks (our baby boy). No known reason at this point. I've been admitted with contractions and a dilating cervix @ 26 weeks. I'm on a magnesium drip, some other med to help stop contractions, and steroid shots to help the surviving twin's lungs develop...will be here for at least the next week, perhaps longer. We're heartbroken, but holding on to hope that our little girl is a survivor and will make it through this ordeal. Just praying she stays inside long enough to be viable...they're estimating her size at only 1lb 12oz.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
parrot tulips|1317845552|3034051 said:
Writing from the hospital. Baby B's heart stopped beating sometime in the last two weeks (our baby boy). No known reason at this point. I've been admitted with contractions and a dilating cervix @ 26 weeks. I'm on a magnesium drip, some other med to help stop contractions, and steroid shots to help the surviving twin's lungs develop...will be here for at least the next week, perhaps longer. We're heartbroken, but holding on to hope that our little girl is a survivor and will make it through this ordeal. Just praying she stays inside long enough to be viable...they're estimating her size at only 1lb 12oz.

Parrot Tulips I m so sorry about your son. I am keeping your baby girl in my strongest prayers and keeping you and your husband in my prayers.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Oh PT, I'm so sorry. Am thinking of you all and hoping for the best with every fibre I can muster.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry PT. Please keep us posted, we are all pulling for your little girl and sending lots of dust for her to stay put and bake as long as possible.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, PT. I am so, so sorry about the loss of your son. My heart is broken for you. I am sending every ounce of positive sticky dust I can muster for your brave little girl. Hugs and positive thoughts coming your way.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
PT, I'm so sorry...If it gives you any hope, my cousin was a twin. Her sister died early (not sure how many weeks), and my cousin was born prematurely. She needed eye surgery for tightened muscle (not even sure if it was related), but other than that she's as healthy as a horse. She's now married and has a son of her own.
I'll be thinking of you.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm so, so sorry, PT. Your family and baby boy are in my thoughts, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your baby girl has much more time in the womb to grow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results