shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins! Congratulations! Welcome baby Ethan!!! Guess he found out there were some new hotties in the world (Violet & Alyssa) and decided to join the party. :lol: (Sorry if that was totally inappropriate to Tuckins, Tao and Puffy. I"m a non-mom so I'm kinda dense at these things...)

~LC

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckins, Congratulations! I guess little E just couldn't wait any longer!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1303092584|2898846 said:
Tuckins! Congratulations! Welcome baby Ethan!!! Guess he found out there were some new hotties in the world (Violet & Alyssa) and decided to join the party. :lol: (Sorry if that was totally inappropriate to Tuckins, Tao and Puffy. I"m a non-mom so I'm kinda dense at these things...)

~LC

Lol!! Too funny :cheeky:

Thanks everyone! He's so little and beautiful! His breathing has really improved and I was finally able to hold him. He's a sweet little peanut who loves to snuggle with mommy!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Tuckins!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Tuckins!! My friend had her daughter about the same amount premature a few years ago, and though it is scary, it is really considered so low risk these days as far as prematurity goes. I hope you get to take him home soon! Do you need to wait until he hits a certain weight? For my friend, it was 5lbs before she could go home (also some breathing and feeding things). I think she spent 2 weeks in the hospital total. Take it easy and keep us posted!

DCGator I am so happy that your move seems to be shaping up so well! Sounds like things are going pretty smoothly. I did have a lot of pelvic pain last pregnancy and so far I am ok. I believe it was due to Hunter's position. Some days I have a fair amount of pain now, and then it will be gone an hour or so later, so I think that it is positional this time too. Not sure what position the baby gets into that causes it, but I am afraid it is when baby goes head down :knockout: I think I might be in for it in a few more weeks.

Modern Are you drinking at least 10 glasses of water? Also, if you can find moments to just sit down with your feet up and relax, even for 2-3 minutes, it really helps.

Kay good for you on the low weight gain! I am not doing do well ;))

basil LOVE the pics with the pupp in the stroller! LOL! It looks really nice, good choice.

Skippy OOoh the double BOB. We will be getting one this fall, once we can run with both kids. I hope it works well for you! It is really wide so you likely won't want to take it to the mall and such, but for walks nothing beats the BOB.

Charbie Too cute about seeing the babies. Every time I see a newborn I think about how tiny they are and how I could just toss one around with one hand now that I am used to carting a 30lb toddler around! When we had the newborn, he seemed so heavy. Funny how perspective changes.

AFM All is going well. I am getting huge in every way possible, I am up about 38lbs now at 28 weeks ;)) so on par with my last pregnancy. Still 10lbs under because I started lighted but I am feeling huge. I swear my belly is the same size it was when I gave birth last time!!

DH and I had a romantic weekend away which was really nice. We went to a local beach community and spent our time walking in the rain forest and on the beach. It was a little cold but so gorgeous. And we ate the best food ever! So on the whole a good weekend. Returned to a rather sookie and confused toddler, but he is doing ok.

No news on the GD test. I figure if I do not hear anything today then it means good news, but I might call anyways to check since I am thinking about it a lot. I will keep you posted.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Last night I either peed my pants or leaked some fluid. I either have really lovely smelling pee or it was fluid. My aunt who is a midwife is having me lie down for about 45 minutes and then if I stand up and am still leaking, it's off to l&d to get checked. I never thought I would say this but I'm crossing my fingers that I peed my pants :oops:

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Tuckins, and welcome baby Ethan!!! :) Wow, he was almost as long as Ellie was and she was full term (she was 18.25 inches!)!! I hope he continues to do fabulously while he's in the NICU and that he gains weight good and gets to come home with you soooooon!!!! Funny, I just posted in your thread about crotch pain last night....little did I know that relief for you would be so soon on the horizon!! ;))

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins, congratulations, and welcome to baby Ethan! :appl: :wavey: I guess he just could not wait to get out and meet mommy face-to-face. I am glad to hear he is doing well and that you got to hold him. Baby snuggles are just the best. Sending E dust for quick growth so he can go home soon.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
BLEN, I am glad to hear you have been able to resume normal activities. Sounds like the BH can be scary.

CHARBIE, isn’t so cool and weird at the same time when you really start to feel the baby moving? Congrats on your house progress! I will make sure to take before pics of the house before demo. Right now, everything is such a mess that I would be embarrassed to post pictures. I am afraid pregnancy has not done wonders for my house cleaning initiative.

DCGATOR, wow, sounds like you have been very efficient with preparing for the move. It’s great that you will have your family close by. When DH and I first got married, I thought it was good to be 3000 miles from the ILs. Now, we really wish we had grandparents or other family close by to babysit on occasion.

SKIPPY, I do not feel tiny! No matter what the scale says, my belly looks huge. (I think it is because the skin is pre-stretched and everything just falls forward.) You have 2 babes, so you need to gain more. Minivans look convenient, but I just couldn’t do it. We compromised with a small SUV (RAV 4), which we love. Congrats on getting a great deal on your BOB!

MODERN, it sounds like your work schedule is terrible right now. I hope you will be able to relax a little more. Congrats on ordering your stroller.

DREAMER, I know my Dr’s office calls right away if you fail the GD test. If you haven’t heard anything, they are probably just waiting until your next appointment to tell you that you passed. If you are concerned, then there is no harm in calling. It sounds like you and DH had a lovely weekend. Rainforest, beach and great food is a killer combo. Is that the first time you have left your son for the weekend? We haven’t had the opportunity yet, but I have wondered have A would react if DH and I left her for a few days.

RT, I have to admit that you gave me a giggle with your crossing your fingers in the hope that you peed your pants, as I spend a lot of time crossing my legs and hoping I won’t pee mine every time I cough or sneeze. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
kay- hehe thanks :)
So I jumped in the shower just in case and now 30 minutes later, i've had no contractions. Called the hospital and was just told to drink lots of water, etc. etc.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay We left him for one night when he was about 14 months old, but I think he was too young to really know what was going on. This time, when we came hom he was fine, but he woke at 10pm and cried and cried for about 45 minutes! Even us being with him did not console him. Then this morning, though he woke happy, he also cried for a long time when he had to have a diaper change. So basically, I think he was a little anxious with us away and it came up that way. But no harm done. He had fun with my mom when we were gone. My midwives would also call with a fail, but I did the test last Tuesday AM and they said 2-3 days for results, which meant Thurs or Fri... I asked them not to call Fri because we were away. Anyways, I called this morning and asked for a call with the results today either way. I am thinking that since I have not heard anything yet I passed, but don't want to get my hopes up. I failed the screen with Hunter so that is why I am antsy about this one.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
congrats tuckins!! welcome baby Ethan! glad to hear that he is doing well. take care mama.

RT, thinking of you and your baby.

been super busy with 3 kids, so i haven't uploaded the pics yet, but hopefully i'll be on it tonight.

hope all you lovely preggos are doing well.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo! GD screen was negative! :appl:

Note to any mamas taking it soon.

An egg and some cheese is a good breakfast to eat pre-screen -- I passed following this meal with this pregnancy.

A bowl of cereal with fruit is a bad breakfast to eat pre-screen -- I failed following this meal in my first pregnancy(false positive; passed the 2 hour test).

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer- glad the GD test went well!

RT- hope all is well with you... You'll see your little one soon enough!

AFM- I am in pain... lots of swelling, although it is getting better. The incision site is so very tender, but that's par for the course. Ethan is doing very well. He hasn't started eating yet, but we did a little breast feeding practice today and he did suckle a little and there were a few drops of colostrum for him. He has so much hair and it's so soft and thick! I am totally in love!! :love: :love:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, congrats on passing the test! :appl: That's good advice to other moms too. The nurse at my Dr's office warned me to avoid sweets and other carbs (i.e., fruit, juice, cereal, pancakes, waffles) the morning of the test. She said a lot of Asian women fail because they eat rice before the test. Proteins are the way to go. I actually had a cobb salad for lunch before my late afternoon test. I think drinking plenty of water ahead of time helps too.

Puffy, good to "see" you. :wavey: I bet those 3 kids are keeping you plenty busy.

Tuckins, glad to hear Ethan is suckling for you - I think that is a good sign. I'm sorry you are in pain. I imagine that is normal for a C, but I hope you get relief soon.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins - Congratulations!! It's a great sign that he's suckling some - I've heard that preemies can have more latching difficulties. But I'm sorry that you're in pain. Hopefully it subsides pretty quickly.

Dreamer - Congrats on passing the GD screen! That must be a relief. The weekend away sounds nice and relaxing, and I'm glad to hear that Hunter survived.

ModernSparkler - I started having regular BH around 22 weeks last time (regular meaning at least several times a day, not meaning any sort of pattern or frequency) and I was monitored some, and fortunately they never did anything to my cervix. They were more a nuisance than anything else. I've heard that most women have some contractions this early - it's the uterus's way of toning itself some to prepare itself for labor - and that it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be scary. Especially earlier in the pregnancy, you can go into true labor without having truly painful contractions. Later on, it's a little bit more obvious. Water is supposed to help a lot with keeping them at bay, if you want something else to try. But if you are working that much, it could also be a sign that it's time to take it a little bit easier. :sick: (I hate taking things easier. Haha.)
Carseats - We had a Chicco Keyfit 30 when George was a newborn. It was really easy to install and use, and it has relatively high weight/height limits for an infant seat, and is a little more compact than the Graco Snugride 30/35 which makes it easier to fit into our smaller car. However, I was hit by another car when G was 5 months old, and so we had to replace it. By that point, he was into a better napping schedule and wasn't just napping here, there, and yonder, and so I didn't really need an infant seat so that I could just easily transport a sleeping baby in and out of the car. Plus, the weight of a 5 month old baby plus the weight of a larger infant carseat is a bit of an armful! So we went with a convertible. Knowing what we know now, we're going to go with a Graco Snugride 22 and then buy a Sunshine Kids Radian 65 when he/she outgrows the infant seat. It's cheaper than buying an infant with higher limits, and it's also lighter for when we are lugging baby and the seat all over the place. I do like the Chicco though.

DCGator - My, you have been busy! You've gotten so many things squared away. How much longer until the big moving day?

Skippy - You will love the BOB! We also have a Rav4 (in addition to the smaller car I mentioned above) and both really like it. It's roomy inside and you can even move the back row of seats back and forth so that you have more leg room or more cargo room, whichever you need. But at the same time, it has a wonderfully tight turning radius. But... I'm starting to get minivan envy, for no discernable reason. One, or even two, kids does NOT mean that we need a minivan. :razz:

AFM - I've started to get some icky round ligament pain. I have my 20 week visit and anatomy u/s scheduled for next week, and I'm going to talk to my midwife about weight gain. I gained so much, so quickly last time, and have been trying to be really really good this time as trying to lose it afterwards was a bear and I didn't feel like myself for months. I've been tracking food and nutrients and calories, which is making me a lot more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth, and I am trying to stay as active as my body will let me. The number of calories I am eating is what the pregnant version of Sparkpeople recommends, but I have gained a total of 1-2 lbs so far. I didn't think that I would have to talk to her about THIS side of things as far as weight gain went (my, how different pregnancies can be!), but I want to make sure that I am getting enough for the baby to grow well but not so much that I balloon up again!

Sorry to those I missed!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

Tuckins - Congratulations!! Wow, that all happened so fast! But I'm so glad Ethan is doing so well and hopefully he'll be out of the hospital in no time. Sorry you are sore!

Dreamer - yeay to passing the GD test! Another milestone. Sounds so nice to have a romantic weekend.

RT - I hope it was pee and not fluid! But if anything happens you should definitely go get checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Modern - that's scary about the contractions, you should definitely try to take it easy! I hope your schedule lightens up soon. That's exciitng you ordered the B-ready. I looked at that one but we do go off road a portion of the time so was looking for something with bigger tires, but the B ready is a very pretty and practical stroller! Plus if you decide to go for #2 you will already be set... ;))

Skippy - congrats on the BOB! What color did you get?

Charbie - Aww, what cute scenes you witnessed! We don't have Ob at our hospital so I never get to see the little babies. So precious!

DC - Wow, you are so totally on the ball, girl! I can't believe you got that all straightened out already. I'm not even moving cities and we don't have half that stuff done. What cars are you looking at?

Kay - how exciting to be designing a new kitchen! I love all things kitchen...appliances and countertops and backsplashes etc. My dream is to be able to design my own kitchen one day...

Anyway, I'm 25 weeks now as of yesterday! I had another doctor's appointment and everything is going just fine...she said I am measuring right on track, my weight gain is on track, and baby's heartbeat sounds good. Just my 28 week appointment in a few weeks and then I go to every 2 week appointments! I had the GD test...I had it late in the day but like DD I was careful and ate string cheese, hummus and veggies, and cottage cheese for lunch so I didn't go in with a heavy carb load. And I passed with room to spare. Also they checked my hemoglobin and I'm not anemic but at the low end of normal. I used it as an excuse for DH to take me out for a hamburger ;))

We are feeling so much more relaxed since selling the house, even thought we have a lot of stuff to do to get ready for the move. We went and ordered new bedroom furniture this weekend - solid hard maple, Amish-made, shaker style. I think it weighs about 4 tons. It's the first "real" furniture we've bought for ourselves - most of our stuff is Ikea, etc. Can't wait til we get it and we can trash our junk!

Attaching my 25 week belly pic...a few people have told me I all of the sudden look more pregnant, so maybe I "popped"? [Note the lower right hand corner - she can't stay out of a pic!]
photo-3.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes! With the false positive last time I was pretty stressed about this one. Good to know I don't have to give up eating candy most days :devil: Unless I want to curb my expanding behind, I guess :rodent:

basil I carried so much like you in my first pregnancy it is wild! I think you look more pregnant now for sure. By 32 weeks it should be 100% obvious, at least that's how it went for me...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday!
Tuckins: Big Big Congratulations on the birth of baby Ethan! Cannot wait to see a picture!
Basil: yes, you have popped! congrats on the new furniture...a new bedroom set is also on the list of things we need for our new house...we sold our old hand me down furniture on Craigslist.
Blen: im glad you chimed in on the carseat info. I also hope you figure out what's up with your weight gain...my mom gained only 7 lbs with my younger sister. Her doc said chasing around 2 toddlers while preggo can do that to you...im sure chasing around G is keeping you active.
Dreamer: wooohooo on passing the test! And glad you had a nice weekend with the hubby...hope the 2nd tri sex drive was stil in action :naughty:
Modern: sorry about the brutal hours! Uggh! I also really like the Chicco Keyfit 30...it may be what we go with as well.
Kay: haha...I either go into total cleaning mode where I am like a mad woman scrubbing away...or let things pile for weeks until I can't take it anymore. Can't wait for before and afters tho!
Skippy: lucky you with the hair! I haven't noticed a difference in mine...tho my nails are growing at a remarkable rate! Hope you're feeling well!
RT: too funny about hoping you peed....ill hope the same for you ;-)

Im gonna guess cupcake and luvin are also holding their LO's right now!

AFM: we decided on having DHs cousin babysit. Our other option was the DC through DHs work, which was quite pricey, and his friends who use the DC have put it into DHs head that their kids have become super sick from going there. They convinced him there is a super bug that goes around frequently. It will also be nice to have flexibility she offers. And if it doesn't work out...we can always look around. We also have firmed up our name choices...we have two girl names and 1 boy name. Lily Patrice or Aubrey Patrice are the girl names, and Wesley Reeves for a boy. We have a fairly common last name beginning with a W, and I like how all of them flow. Next Weds we find out boy or girl!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my bump picture for the week. I'm 34 weeks-measuring at 37 weeks. This is my mom's cure for swollen feet-don't think it worked too well; mostly all of the blood just went to my head lol

Also
Still at home and keepin baby bakin :) Thank you for all the positive energy!!!

217209_10150164427132947_740482946_7050482_2698067_n.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charbie For perspective, all kids get sick in daycare *a lot* in the first 2-4 months. Then they get over it! Its normal exposure. The more they are sick when younger, the less later on. You can't escape it I think.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1303186953|2899764 said:
Charbie For perspective, all kids get sick in daycare *a lot* in the first 2-4 months. Then they get over it! Its normal exposure. The more they are sick when younger, the less later on. You can't escape it I think.
Oh, I get this...its DH who doesn't. I think part of it for him is that neither he nor i were ever in formalized daycare, so he is a little uncomfortable. And his friend whom he works with using the work daycare had two very sick babies...chronic ear infections, rashes and hospitalizations, etc.. and his friend actually told DH he thinks it was due to daycare. His cousin has two kids (5/7) who hopefully can hellp infect our LO ;)) I think have some pros and cons to either situation...you just never know what will be "right"!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
DD - how funny! I wonder what makes the difference in how different people carry. Body type? Condition? Some other factor of how the uterus is shaped? I'm average height and average weight normally. I'm pear shaped, so my waist is generally a lot smaller than my hips, so maybe because I spend a lot of time "catching up" for my waist measurement to match my hips, I don't look all that big? I definitely feel like the baby is right up in my stomach/ribs already and I feel like my waist doesn't bend anymore, and the doctor confirmed the baby is measuring exactly correctly, so I don't think it's a small baby or anything. It's definitely NOT because I have such strong stomach muscles that it's holding everything in!

Charbie - that's great that you will be able to leave your baby with someone you trust! To me, that would be more important than the price or the rate of illness or whatever. Though I know that babies need to build their immunity by being exposed to germs, I think it would be hard(er) to see a 2 month old baby with a bad cold or ear infection versus a 1 or 2 year old. But what do I know? ;)) We are probably going with a nanny at first, and then probably transition to daycare at 2 or 3 when social development becomes more important. But we haven't finalized that yet, so we'll see.

RT - cool picture! Sorry it didn't work. Is that a giant bean bag???

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
charbie|1303214302|2899868 said:
Dreamer_D|1303186953|2899764 said:
Oh, I get this...its DH who doesn't. I think part of it for him is that neither he nor i were ever in formalized daycare, so he is a little uncomfortable. And his friend whom he works with using the work daycare had two very sick babies...chronic ear infections, rashes and hospitalizations, etc.. and his friend actually told DH he thinks it was due to daycare. His cousin has two kids (5/7) who hopefully can hellp infect our LO ;)) I think have some pros and cons to either situation...you just never know what will be "right"!

Oh there are totally pros and cons, you are right. I have a friend who also pulled her kids from daycare because the illness was too stressful, she got a nanny instead. I suppose it depends on the kids and their propensity for illness to begin with. Hunter was sick constantly for the first 2 months in his infant program (started at 10 mo) but then not one illness until he transitioned to the toddler program at 20 months, then he was sick again for about a month off and on, and then nada again! Daycares vary so widely too, not all are created equal. So if you can find a situation like you have, especially with really young babies (under 18mo) then it is really a good thing. And yup, the 5 & 7 year old will definitely bring home LOTS of germs for your LO!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
basil|1303215773|2899881 said:
DD - how funny! I wonder what makes the difference in how different people carry. Body type? Condition? Some other factor of how the uterus is shaped? I'm average height and average weight normally. I'm pear shaped, so my waist is generally a lot smaller than my hips, so maybe because I spend a lot of time "catching up" for my waist measurement to match my hips, I don't look all that big? I definitely feel like the baby is right up in my stomach/ribs already and I feel like my waist doesn't bend anymore, and the doctor confirmed the baby is measuring exactly correctly, so I don't think it's a small baby or anything. It's definitely NOT because I have such strong stomach muscles that it's holding everything in!

I wondered too. I think it must have something to do with stomach muscles, though, because my body and figure have not changed from one pregnancy to the next (I also have a hour glass type figure with a much smaller waist than hips) but my belly shows MUCH more and much earlier this time. And that makes me think it has a little to do with musculature, since that has changes since my first pregnancy no doubt. You will start popping out more over the next 5-7 weeks for sure, though. Eventually, the baby gets big enough it just can't fit in the abdomen!

Charbie - that's great that you will be able to leave your baby with someone you trust! To me, that would be more important than the price or the rate of illness or whatever. Though I know that babies need to build their immunity by being exposed to germs, I think it would be hard(er) to see a 2 month old baby with a bad cold or ear infection versus a 1 or 2 year old. But what do I know? ;)) We are probably going with a nanny at first, and then probably transition to daycare at 2 or 3 when social development becomes more important. But we haven't finalized that yet, so we'll see.

I agree with you about young babies. I keep forgetting how soon you all have to go back to work :blackeye: For me, Hunter was 10 months when he started daycare, and that is a really different situation than a 2mo old.

My point was more that I think some parents panic over the sickness that their kids can bring home once their immune systems start getting challenged by exposure, and in most cases, it is more annoying that anything else since they basically just get colds and fevers more easily -- babies get fevers for *everything* because their immune systems really overreact to any bug/virus! So you or I would just get a stuffy nose but a baby will get a raging fever for 4 days THEN a stuffy nose! It is wild and uncomfortable, but nothing dangerous in the vast majority of cases. I would hate to see a parent feel pressure and anxiety about childcare choices over this issue, which is sort of unaviodable in most cases.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!

Tuckins! congratulations hun! So glad Ethan is okay and I hope you get to bring him home soon! Must have been scary to have him so early but it sounds like he's doing great! Enjoy every moment! sorry to hear about the pain - I'm not looking forward to that again... take meds when you need them!

Basil, you look great! I'm glad you got a great deal on that stroller and that you condo has sold! exciting stuff! And yay for a new bedroom set! We got our first one this year and love it!

charbie, glad to hear you're feeling the baby more now - that's fun! And it's exciting that your house is coming along! That's great that you've decided on having your DH's cousin baby sit. My DD went to day care at 3 months old and got a double ear infection the first week! It was awful and I got sick too. I think you've made a good decision and I hope it works well! The names you've chosen are beautiful. Can't wait to hear what you're having!!

DD, congrats on passing your GD test!! And yay for a nice weekend away with your DH!

cupcake, how are you and Lorelei are doing well! So sorry about the false start you had - I hope she's here with you now!

skippy, so glad you got a great deal on a bob! You'll love it!

rt, glad you're still baking! Keep it up, hun!

Sarah, glad to hear this pregnancy has been a bit easier in terms of sickness so far! I hope your labor is as easy this time around too!

Kay, how's sleep going? And how was the massage? I'm impressed you were only up 14 lbs at 29 weeks - that's great!

dcg, sounds like you've made lots of progress - choosing a day care, new OB, hospital, etc! did you find a car you like?

modern, I hope you've been able to relax and that your BH has subsided some!

blen, I continue to be so impressed by your focus on healthy weight gain and working out! It sounds like it's working well. I hope your round ligament pain subsides!

hi to everyone else!

AFM: all is well. I was supposed to have my monthly check up last week but had to reschedule for tomorrow since I switched to my DH's insurance and there was a snaffu. I'm a little nervous that I may have gained too much this month since I feel rather large already... we'll see.

DD is sleeping MUCH better now which is great!

Been having BH contx more lately but never so much that I worry.

We've decided to name the baby after our fathers: Kent (after my dad who passed away when I was young) Patrick (after my FIL). Given that it's a family name, we've been comfortable sharing the name with friends and family which feels good.

hope you are all well!
Mrs

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
RT - cool picture! Sorry it didn't work. Is that a giant bean bag???

You bet it is! It is my sister's so I don't get to use it very much but that is ok because it's quite the ordeal trying to get out of it lol

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
RT- that's a pretty awesome bean bag! And pic :lol: ... looks like it would have been a pain to get out of!

Tuckins--glad to hear that Ethan is ok!

DD--congrats on the test!

Basil--you look wonderful!

Charbie--I'm glad you're feeling the baby! I think even though I was so freaked out at first about feeling her move, that's going to be one of the things I miss when I'm not pregnant anymore.

Skippy--- congrats on the BOB and the deal!

Sarah--glad you are feeling better this time around. I was sick until about 18 weeks so I can sympathize.

Kay and Mrs.--Hi ladies! Hope you are both doing well!

DC-When is the move again? You've been busy! Don't forget to get some rest!

For anyone else I forgot I hope you are doing well!

AFM---ugh, still pregnant. Actually, I just polished off a Big Mac meal... :lickout: :lol: It's ridiculous. Had my weekly appointment today and I am still chugging along. I have still been getting painful contractions and cramping. My cervix has softened and started to efface, though its not getting any more dilated than 2. Dr. says I need a few good contractions and then we should be in business. But who knows how long that will take. Guess I will need to start walking everyday since the doc mentioned that should get things moving. Otherwise, everything is all set for the baby, we just need Lorelei to get here to use all the stuff. Other than that, I am now working from home because I don't want to freak anyone out at work, everyone was so distracted with me being there. I did get a nice compliment today-- the rental car guy thought I was about 5-6 months pregnant...good thing I've only gained 27lbs...those Big Mac must just be falling off of me. LOL. My in-laws will be here this weekend so that's something to look forward to. I hope Lorelei will be here soon so they didn't waste a trip up here! Happy Tuesday!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cupcake When I was pregnant with my first, my midwives told me the REAL work of labour is the effacement! Not the dilation. The effacement is what can "make or break" a labour. So if your cervix is thinning and effacing that is great news. Could be any day now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results