shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
T was an early walker (10.5 months) because she is secretively a teenager trapped in a very small body. She has been trying to run away from home ever since.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori...LOL :)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1296665873|2840708 said:
fiery|1296608127|2840040 said:
Sha|1296068848|2833780 said:
That's great the Gaviscon worked, Pandora. Yayy for some progress! I'm glad things seem ok with your sister so far, too. Her situation seemed so stressfull when I read about it. Hopefully motherhood is rewarding for her, although I'm sure it'll be difficult, too. it's great that she has good family support.

AFM - nothing new, really, except that Dalila has finally gotten the hang of walking, at almost 14 months. :)) She's taking about 12 steps in succession now, whereas before she used to take only 3-4 and then crawl. It's exciting to watch her toddle around.

I also dreamt last night that I was 5 months pregnant. I think that dream came because I've been thinking a bit more about TTC again - maybe in the next few months or so, God willing. A month ago I was like, "I am definitely not ready for another baby anytime soon!". But something just clicked into place this week that made me want to try again - it's weird.

Anyone else thinking about TTC again soon?

Go D!! Sophia didn't walk until 15 months. Girls like to take their sweet time :cheeky:

Hunter was 13 months, so not all that much sooner ;))

ETA: I notice fiery carefully avoided the question about TTC again :bigsmile:

Ha! Was it that obvious? :p

Our ttc timeline is mid 2013 although I'm starting to feel left out lol

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Daisy was another 10.5 month'er for walking.

IMHO the later the better - all you do is chase them once they get going. Oh the excitement with the first steps... little did I realise how exhausted I would be 3 months later!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1296764283|2842089 said:
T was an early walker (10.5 months) because she is secretively a teenager trapped in a very small body. She has been trying to run away from home ever since.

:lol:

Pandora - I can only imagine! Not looking forward to D's 'heightened' ability to pull everything down and me having to chase her, but I guess it comes with the territory!

How's your sis (the one with the surprise pregnancy) doing so far?

Re: ttc - not thinking about ttc actively yet, but thinking about NTNP in the next few months or so. I'll be 35 in June (yikes!) and would ideally like to be pregnant around that time. My last two cycles have been pretty wonky, though - I guess because I'm still bf about once a day. Seems like I'm ovulating around CD35 (based on fertile signs), so my cycles are about 48 days long. I'm weaning now and hopefully things will settle down in the next month or so.

Guess I'll just live vicariously Dreamer and Sabine and all the other Pregnant Psers for now... :))

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thought i would start checking out this thread since our little em will be 12 months in two months. shocking how time flies!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Hola Ladies!

I am officially coming over to this thread because my little bebe has turned 1! Wow! How time flies! Just stopping by to say :wavey:

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Nice to have you over, jcrow and mtjoya!

mtjoya, I totally relate to what you were saying over in the other thread - about being sad about J not being a baby anymore. :(sad ! I'm weaning D now and I feel really sad and wistful about it too. Our babies are growing up! Your DH's question made me smile. Is that something you're thinking about yet?

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Sha: Just wanted to say how adorable D is!! I love seeing pictures of her!

I think Evan is sick for the first time ever! He's been a little warm but no real temperature...no cough, no sneezing or anything...but he's just kinda laying around and taking long naps (like 3-4 hours). He's eating okay...but you can tell he just isn't himself. He also just had his shots on Thursday...so maybe it's because of that???

I'm 32 weeks pregnant---so happy to be almost done--I can't wait to meet my little girl.

Sha, this pregnancy has been waaaay different for me. I'm smaller then the first time (only up 1 lb so far), my morning sickness was really really bad at the beginning but thankfully went away for longer (it's slowly returning now though) then the all pregnancy long with Evan morning sickness I had last time. I'm waaaaay more tempermental with my husband then I was when pregnant with my first.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
taovandel|1297222118|2847232 said:
Sha: Just wanted to say how adorable D is!! I love seeing pictures of her!

I think Evan is sick for the first time ever! He's been a little warm but no real temperature...no cough, no sneezing or anything...but he's just kinda laying around and taking long naps (like 3-4 hours). He's eating okay...but you can tell he just isn't himself. He also just had his shots on Thursday...so maybe it's because of that???

I'm 32 weeks pregnant---so happy to be almost done--I can't wait to meet my little girl.

Sha, this pregnancy has been waaaay different for me. I'm smaller then the first time (only up 1 lb so far), my morning sickness was really really bad at the beginning but thankfully went away for longer (it's slowly returning now though) then the all pregnancy long with Evan morning sickness I had last time. I'm waaaaay more tempermental with my husband then I was when pregnant with my first.

thanks tavo!! :))

I hope Evan is feeling more like himself today. Maybe it was a reaction to the shots?

I didn't realize you were having a little girl! :appl: How exciting! Do you have everthing you need already? Can't believe you're already 32 weeks! Where did the time go?

Interesting that your pregnancy has been so different from the last one. I guess every pregnancy truly is different. ::)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
We finally got our complete homestudy and were able to officially accept the referral of B, the 28 month old toddler boy we are adopting from Ethiopia :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: ...he won't be home until late spring or summer, but wanted to stick my toe in and thank everyone again for their help with my earlier questions:)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome new mamas! Toddlers are so entertaining!

Bella, congrats! That is wonderful

The semester seems to be flying by. NEVER AGAIN will I take 4 classes. Insane. I got my first choice for an internship site so I am very excited about that. It was a long shot but she must have liked me. :)) Just another reminder to go after what you really want. Rejection would be easier to take than wondering if I ever had a chance.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Bella: Congrats!!!! That's so exciting!

Tacori: That's awesome about the internship!

Sha: Yup, a girl! 48 days until Violet arrives...We are in the middle of moving so we are trying to hold off on getting anything for her until we are moved in so that we don't have to move things twice...but it's been hard avoiding clothes! All the cute spring clothes are out now, so I have snatched up a few things.

Well, we finally realized what was wrong with Evan---MOLARS! Yuck. His bottom ones have already been in for a bit now and it's hard to see the top of his mouth---but the other day we were playing with him and he was upside down squealing and I saw it. Explains so much--glad to know that he isn't sick though!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, here is a funny T story....
T had a little friend over yesterday. She wanted to show him her room. I told her to leave the door open (joke obviously). A min. later I hear her telling him to take his clothes off! Haha. DH walked by and saw her stripped down to her underwear. :-o She was putting a princess dress on and she didn't understand why this little boy didn't want to wear one too. This is what she does with ALL of her girl friends. Moments into playing they disrobe to put on princess dresses. I thought it was pretty hysterical.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori, congrats on the internship!!!

bella, congrats!! that is really wonderful

tao, hope evan's molars break through soon. poor little guy. you are so close to meeting your little girl. i am so excited for you!

happy valentine's day to all the mommies!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1297620452|2850830 said:
Okay, here is a funny T story....
T had a little friend over yesterday. She wanted to show him her room. I told her to leave the door open (joke obviously). A min. later I hear her telling him to take his clothes off! Haha. DH walked by and saw her stripped down to her underwear. :-o She was putting a princess dress on and she didn't understand why this little boy didn't want to wear one too. This is what she does with ALL of her girl friends. Moments into playing they disrobe to put on princess dresses. I thought it was pretty hysterical.

:lol: Hilarious! :bigsmile: Thanks for sharing!

tavo - cute name! Glad you realized what was making Evan ill.... D is getting her first set of bottom molars now, too. She isn't really fussy, but her gums bleed everytime I try to brush them - :(( .

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mommies! I was wondering if you could please help me out. My really close friend's daughter is turning 3 soon and I have no idea what to get her. I know she loves pink and she loves playing dress up. The problem is I think she already has a lot of dress up clothes and I'm not sure what else to consider. I don't see them all that often, which is why I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas. Do you have any ideas you could pass along?

Thanks!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Zoe-a few weeks ago gypsy asked a similar question on hangout and ended up getting a Melissa & Doug castle. It looked awesome, am considering it for Sophia when she's older. If you search her topics you should find it that way (I'm on my phone and it's a bit challenging).

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Fiery! I'll look for Gypsy's thread and I'll definitely check out the Melissa and Doug castle. I'm sure my friend's daughter would love that!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hello mommies! I don't even remember the last time I logged on...... I just posted some new earrings so I thought I would pop in and say hello to some of my very favorite mommies. Hope you are all doing well. I cannot believe it but I have TWO kiddos that fit in this category because Tayva turned 3 and Kade turned 1 this month!!! Where does the time go? They both keep me on my toes and there isn't a whole lot of down time. I'm loving it, though and we've even started talking about a potential 3rd! Crazy, I know! I need to go back and read the past few pages because I am SOOO far behind but big hugs to all my mommy friends!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi mamas. I am in the thick of the threes and am NOT enjoying it. She is more of a handful now than when she was two. *sigh* Here's hoping her naughty phase ends soon. Don't know how you mamas do it with 2+ kids. Guess I am not super mom material. Haha. In other news I am going to have a nephew! I am so excited (first time aunt) and was kinda hoping she was going to have a boy.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, there's nothing super mommy about it...it's just survival! ;-) I absolutely agree that 2's are nothing compared to 3's. Tayva is constantly testing my patience. Congrats again on your nephew!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Burk|1298432604|2857702 said:
Hello mommies! I don't even remember the last time I logged on...... I just posted some new earrings so I thought I would pop in and say hello to some of my very favorite mommies. Hope you are all doing well. I cannot believe it but I have TWO kiddos that fit in this category because Tayva turned 3 and Kade turned 1 this month!!! Where does the time go? They both keep me on my toes and there isn't a whole lot of down time. I'm loving it, though and we've even started talking about a potential 3rd! Crazy, I know! I need to go back and read the past few pages because I am SOOO far behind but big hugs to all my mommy friends!

So happy you and the kiddos are doing well! :))

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Tacori and Burk... I have only one thing to say to you ladies: La la la, can't hear, fingers in ears, la la la, 2's are so much easier than 1's and 3's are a delight, la la la :praise:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey gals!

Does anyone here have a son with a uncircumsized penis? I noticed that Hunter's forskin is just ever-so-slightly pink, maybe a weensy bit red and wondered if this is normal on your experience? It is not inflamed, does not seem irritated, and does not bother him, but since the rest of the men in the family are all circed we can't really tell if it is normal. My instinct is that that tissue, being so full of nerves etc, would have increased blood flow naturally, perhaps causing it to be pinker than the rest of the skin, but just thought I'd ask in case anyone knows.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - I don't have a son... but I have 3 nephews and it is often much pinker looking than the rest of the skin (especially towards the end). I was going to suggest looking at google images, but goodness knows what you might find! :-o

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora|1299063542|2862777 said:
Dreamer - I don't have a son... but I have 3 nephews and it is often much pinker looking than the rest of the skin (especially towards the end). I was going to suggest looking at google images, but goodness knows what you might find! :-o

Thanks! Yes, pinker looking at the tip is what it looks like. And I think I will forego the google image search :-o

I was not concerned but my husband commented on it when our son was in the bath, and then so did my MIL, but then, neither of them have ever seen an uncirced penis so I thought, well it could just be normal!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD... J is circumsized but a wee area of the skin was left thicker where they made the snip and that area sometimes just gets a little redder than the rest... I have asked G about it a few times like IS THAT NORMAL and he said it was... sooo I assume it's ok. I obviously have no idea, lol.

Hi Mamas..! :wavey: I guess I should be hanging over here now since J turned one in early Feb, though I don't really check in on PS that often anymore, since we have that other place.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1299003972|2862222 said:
Hey gals!

Does anyone here have a son with a uncircumsized penis? I noticed that Hunter's forskin is just ever-so-slightly pink, maybe a weensy bit red and wondered if this is normal on your experience? It is not inflamed, does not seem irritated, and does not bother him, but since the rest of the men in the family are all circed we can't really tell if it is normal. My instinct is that that tissue, being so full of nerves etc, would have increased blood flow naturally, perhaps causing it to be pinker than the rest of the skin, but just thought I'd ask in case anyone knows.

My son isn't circumcised either and it is slightly more pink there as well. I was told it is normal. I am sure your son is healthy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results