shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Aww D and J are so so cute :love: :love: Miss seeing pics of them!

Hope everyone is well. We're in the middle of planning Sophia's 2nd birthday which is in 3 months!! The theme will be Elmo and Friends. I am having a lot of fun browsing through Etsy :naughty:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:-o :-o :-o how did that happen?!?!?!?! Sophia is about to be 2 :-o :-o :-o Time flys!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe Sophia is going to be 2 soon! Crazy. Love the pics everyone! I'm in baby pics withdrawal since I started my FB hiatus.

Jacob ran a fever (again) this week. The pedi told us in Febuary that we could wait 48 hours before taking him for a urine test since he hasn't had a UTI since 9 months, and good think too, because he's had 3 fevers since. Ugh. They always make me freak out. Anyway, here are a couple of pics! I took him to the hairdresser and asked for something very short, and she shaved it all off. DH was watching him while I had my own hair done, and this describes very well my reaction: :-o Oh well, it's cute, and it'll grow back.

jacob15monthsweb.JPG

jacob15monthseyes (74)web.JPG

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Great to see you anchor! J is such a handsome little man! Wow....so tall! He's grown up so much. Love his eyes and cheeks. :love: His haircut looks great! Good to hear he's been UTI free for a while, too.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Awww Anchor--I miss seeing pictures of him!

I can't believe Sophia is almost 2!!!

Here is a picture of our newest addition

217083_10150164629140839_797695838_6473567_3966928_n.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
tao - Congratulations! She's gorgeous! I haven't been on FB, so please share more about her!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh anchor, I've totally missed your pics..!! When is EASTER coming lol. J is looking like such a little man--cutie!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Had a kind of rough morning with the two kiddos.

Violet woke up around 7:00am...so we fed her and cuddled with her waiting for Evan to wake up..he's normally up sometime between 8:00 and 9:00. 9:00 rolls around and he's still not awake...so I go into his room and he's in the corner of his crib snuggled up asleep until he hears the door open. His crib is a disgusting mess! He had the world's largest poop and never cried to wake us up to change him! So as my husband is cleaning him up and showering with him I strip the bed down and wash the sheets...I go to check on Violet and she has pooped out of her diaper! So I clean her up.

Then we all go downstairs for breakfast and everything is fine....E eats his breakfast and has his sippy of milk. He was still thirsty about 30 minutes later so we gave him a sippy with water and a splash of juice.....apparently the milk and juice combo in his belly was too much and he vomited! He's never done that before! Soo I went upstairs with him to clean him up and then cleaned up the carpet.

It's been one crazy day already!!!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Update: J is walking now! I had to be careful what I wished for cuz now Iam a crazy woman chasing after her! But I am happy and she is very happy cuz she is walking now!

Eating: I have problems with her eating. She will eat 2-3 bites, rubs her eyes and doesn't want anymore. She is still drinking from her bottle. Yes, that is my fault I gotta wean her off that bottle but can't find a sippy cup that she likes. Any suggestions? What do you ladies do? She loves the Kraft cheese singles. :nono:

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, J reminds me of the Little Mermaid when she first gets her legs and she is trying to walk on the beach. LOL.. she looks like that. We were at the mall when she was first walking and people were like ahhh!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
tao - wow, crazy day! All that cleaning up must've been soo not fun... :( :) Violet is absolutely adorable, though. How is Evan adjusting to her? Are you getting any sleep?

Mtjoya - lol, your description of J walking made me laugh! Told you she'd start walking soon. RE: her eating - could be that she's drinking too much milk/juice before meals? Just a guess...have you checked with the pedi? She really should be eating more, otherwise she may start to lose weight. D is still on the bottle as well - it's much less mess than the sippy cup. She loves Kraft Singles as well.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Re: bottle vs. sippy - I give J his milk/juice in a sippy throughout the day, but I give him his bedtime milk in a bottle still. These days he guzzles down around 8oz! He loves his bottle. I'm not too worried though, I know he won't be drinking from a bottle until high school... :wink2:

Re: eating - J's pedi wants me to give him his milk with his meals, but I try to give J his milk a couple of hours before his meals so he's hungry enough to eat.

tao - That sounds like a crazy day! Violet is gorgeous and I LOVE her name!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies for your suggestions. Last time when we went for her 12 mo checkup she said that she will possibly eat 2-3 spoonfuls and thats it. We will have another appointment early May. I hope that this little diva will eat more. Maybe she is bored of the same foods? I will have to try other things.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mtj... will she always only eat 2-3 spoonfuls every day? J has some full/big days and some lighter days and we just have to kind of take his eating on a 'weekly' basis and not worry too much though it's hard.

on days he doesn't want to eat solids he LOVES eating the pureed squeezable packs from Plum Organics or Happy Tots... sometimes he eats like 3 a day, we just take his cues. he loves avocado, banana, oatmeal, yogurt, any type of cheese... he'll even eat brie or sharp cheddar. he LOVES cheese. he sometimes drinks those yogurt yo baby smoothies and i'll add plain green yogurt, milk, avocado, banana and puree it for extra nutrients if he doesn't want to 'eat' a full meal.

for sippy...we started training him at 6mo on one and now he drinks from a straw cup (so we can easily do this while out at restaurants) and also regular sippies. he'll drink from any sippy or straw basically, so i bought 2-3 types (munchkin, green sprouts, nuby) and we just use them interchangeably so that he doesn't favor one or the other. he drinks a LOT of water every day, he loves it! he only gets one bottle in the morning when he wakes and it's only like 3oz really, he doesn't prefer it at all. you just have to start somewhere so keep trying it... i know a lot of parents say the kid doesn't like the sippy so they try a new one but really we just kept trying the same few with J and eventually he got it and caught on. one day it'll click i think!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I guess I have to face the fact that I have a toddler now and leave the newborn thread :tongue: So here we are. Hi ladies! :wavey:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome MP!!!

Evan is at the super fun stage of not wanting to eat! Woohoo! :rolleyes: I refuse to make two meals for him...so if he doesn't eat then oh well for him. He normally will eat one really good meal everyday and the rest he just picks at or flat out refuses. So I figure he will eat when he's hungry and he is getting one good meal in everyday so I'm not too worried just yet.

So far so good with Violet---he tried to feed her a bottle the other day..he will put it in her mouth and the second she starts sucking he would pull it back out..haha.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
taovandel|1303230263|2900074 said:
Welcome MP!!!

Evan is at the super fun stage of not wanting to eat! Woohoo! :rolleyes: I refuse to make two meals for him...so if he doesn't eat then oh well for him. He normally will eat one really good meal everyday and the rest he just picks at or flat out refuses. So I figure he will eat when he's hungry and he is getting one good meal in everyday so I'm not too worried just yet.

Thanks tao!

Micah does this, too. He has a tendency to "graze" throughout the day rather than just sit down and eat, but once in awhile he will find something he is into and munch for 20 minutes or so. The other day I just kept putting beans (kidney and pinto, pulled from chili) onto his tray and he forked them one at a time to eat. He ate probably 40! That's a LOT of beans for him, haha. Needless to say, he was tooty all night ::)

We've started giving him whole milk here and there. He seems to like it - he doesn't show a preference between that and his toddler formula. My problem is that we have to warm it a bit to get it to room temp (he will drink it cold, but he will stop and make this awful face every couple sips, almost like it hurts to swallow something so chilly), and he still wakes up at night for one bottle. Sigh. So I guess he will be getting formula for that bottle for now.

His pedi suggested giving him Benadryl for a couple nights to get him into the routine of staying asleep. I have no problem with this - I want this baby to STTN SO BAD - but I'm worried that it won't work. He is forced to share a room with us still until we can move, and I honestly think it may be me waking him. Snoring. ARG.

I'm tired and having a frustrated day, hah. I hope the rest of you are having a better day!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
MP: I guess the benedryl would be worth a shot--but I definitely wouldn't do it more than once or twice...I'd hate to then have to depend on medicine to get my babies to sleep through the night....that's a whole other issue.

Too funny about the beans....I can just imagine the thought process you were going through----it's nice to have the baby eat something but ohhhh the repercussions!! haha!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
taovandel|1303314064|2900927 said:
MP: I guess the benedryl would be worth a shot--but I definitely wouldn't do it more than once or twice...I'd hate to then have to depend on medicine to get my babies to sleep through the night....that's a whole other issue.

Too funny about the beans....I can just imagine the thought process you were going through----it's nice to have the baby eat something but ohhhh the repercussions!! haha!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I haven't tried it yet, but I think we might when we return from Vegas next week. It's worth a try I suppose.

And we laughed for HOURS about the beans, it was so funny! He would be quiet for awhile, then toot and start rolling around in bed like, "Wtf is going on?" He never woke up but I think it probably made him sleep worse than usual, so maybe we will cool it with the beans, haha.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
He was tooting in his sleep? Haha, that's hilarious!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP...what about the sound machine or some white noise to drown out the snoring and help keep things consistent sound-wise for him? J's sound machine is priceless because our house is all wood floors and creaky AND G snores too. The BCM is $20 at BBB.

I let J sometimes eat on the go, or in the mornings I will be eating and he wants what I am eating so now I make him his own bowl of cream of wheat and keep it with me and he will just come up to me and stand there for 5 minutes opening his mouth while I feed him. Then walks away when he's done. But lunch and dinner we have him sit in his chair. It usually goes ok. When he won't eat or is really fussy/picky, we just give him puree packs, he loves those things and will normally eat 2 even if he won't eat anything else at all.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hey toddler moms, how's everyone doing? My computer is down so I haven't really been able to check in as often as I'd like.

tao - how are things in 'two under two' land? :))

Hope everyone is well. D is great - she is sooo active now - taking up everything she can get her hands on. I'm still loving this age, though. Her personality is really shining through. I love it!

Here are two quick pics from the other day. I looked around one day and there she was, walking around in my shoes. :D The other one is her spoonfeeding herself (kind of)- she hates me feeding her now. Ms. Independent. :D

DSCN2474edited.jpg

DSCN2491edited.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Sha - that's hilarious, D walking around in your shoes! wants to be just like her Mom!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
noelwr|1304074083|2907828 said:
Sha - that's hilarious, D walking around in your shoes! wants to be just like her Mom!

I guess! :lol: Love the pictures you posted of your princess (in the other post) as well.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Aww Sha D is so cute!!! I bet she has a great personality. You can just tell ::)

Stopping by to say hello! Nothing new here. Sophia is talking a lot and Putting together sentences. She's also really into babies lol My cousin brOught over her almost one year old and the whole time she was saying "I hold it mama please" lol

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery: Time for number 2!! hehe

Sha: I just love her!

Evan had his 18 month appointment:

22.1 lbs (13th percentile)
32 inches (44th Percentile)
Can't remember his head but it was in the 15th percentile...maybe 18 inches??

Sha

Ideal_Rock
fiery - thanks! She does... :)) That's great that Sophia is putting together sentences. Is she speaking mostly English, or Spanish? Too cute about her wanting to hold the baby. Looks like she may on the look-out for a sibling?? :wink2: :tongue:

tao - sounds like Evan will be tall and slim? D is in the same percentile, I think - she was 21.7 at her last (16 month) check-up.

Anybody else thinking about trying for #2? I'm ready, but a little worried about DH's (lack of) sex drive these days. We haven't done anything in weeks, and the last time I initiated. Not sure how we're going to ttc when we can't even get around to BDing more frequently. :roll: I've encouraged DH to start exercising again, in hopes that that might boost his testosterone/libido - I think it's a bit low. We'll see what happens. No real rush, although it would nice if it happened before I turn 35 in June. :|

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies!

Just want to say a quick hello! There is a pediped sale going on! Got J 2 pair of shoes. :appl:

Sha-So beautiful! She is so funny! I love the shoes too! :Up_to_something:

I will be back! :wavey:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so in love!!

222775_10150195160340839_797695838_6731199_7479703_n.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
tavo - I can see why! :love: :love: What a little cutie! Does she look more like you, or your hubby? Her hair reminds me of Evan's.... ::)

mtjoya - :wavey: How's J doing?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results