shape
carat
color
clarity

Impulse ebay find. Worth it?

april4

Rough_Rock
I haven't received it yet, but for $150 + $5 shipping I couldn't resist. Here is the seller's description:

Beautiful 100% Original Antique Old European Cut Diamond Ring in 14K yellow gold with white gold top.
1 Old Euro Diamond 4.2 x 2.7mm .32ct H - Vvs
14K Yellow Gold with white top 2.2 grams
Excellent Original Condition
Size 6 1/2
note: For those of you who know: Open culet stone like old euro cuts always weigh more than dimension brilliant cut.

I don't know if I believe it's .32 carats?
Also, how much should I expect to pay to have it resized (downsized?)

!B5fHcH!EGk~$(KGrHqEOKiMEyVVGG6I!BMt0rY6RFw~~_3.jpg

!B5fHlgw!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKiwEyWbg6IltBMt0rtG7y!~~_3.jpg

!B5fHUzw!mk~$(KGrHqYOKm8Ey0u,Eh98BMt0rJSp0Q~~_3.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really pretty. The heart in the profile is so sweet!!!! Looks like there is something inscribed? You'll have to come back with more photos once you get it and to tell us what the inscription says.

If the size is as advertised, then it seems like a great deal. I'd be less likely to believe the clarity grade (not because of anything I see in the photo, just because sellers seem to grade clarity generously.)

I've never had a ring re-sized, so can't help you there.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a great piece! I like it, and think it's worth the money, between the workmanship and the age. I wouldn't pay more than $50 to have it sized ($20 is more what I'm used to, but I grew up by NY's jewelry district - lots of competition). Definitely come back and post more pics once it's in - and on! - your hands.

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
I definitely think it's worth it! For $150, you can't go wrong. Please post pics when you get it!
:appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe $25 for sizing? Nice find!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring!! not sure about sizing I had a ring sized up a half a size up about a year ago and it cost me $50, not sure how much it would cost to size down.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wahoooooooo! Did you see the table? I think it's near 45%! Fantastic! :love:

april4

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! I'm still am waiting anxiously for the ring.
Naturally I'm skeptical of the seller's color/clarity "grade" so I made the purchase based on what I observed in the photos, because I think it'll be fun to wear.

Stci, what do you mean about the table being near 45%?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
april4 said:
Thank you all! I'm still am waiting anxiously for the ring.
Naturally I'm skeptical of the seller's color/clarity "grade" so I made the purchase based on what I observed in the photos, because I think it'll be fun to wear.

Stci, what do you mean about the table being near 45%?

I believe she meant that the table facet was nice and small, as is expected in an OEC - modern round brilliants usually have tables closer to 60%.

april4

Rough_Rock
I "bumped" this thread by accident while trying to bookmark it, sorry! This is an old thread. There was a follow-up thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/32-old-european-cut-ring-impulse-ebay-find-continued.151408/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/32-old-european-cut-ring-impulse-ebay-find-continued.151408/[/URL]

I was considering selling this so I wanted to find my old thread, but since I only paid $150 (plus $50 for sizing and polishing)... I don't want to part with it for such a small price!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results