shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Necklace Setting Help Please

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
hi ladies, i'm in need of your help!
i have a .5 carat pear and want to set it into a pendant to wear on a necklace. we went to fred meyer (where my husband has bought my Ering and Wring. the pear came from there as well.) we know a jeweler there and she always gives us a deal. but they only had two setting options and i didnt like either of them. i would like something unique but still simple. i am up for any suggestions.
thanks!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
If I had a pear (and I hope to someday sigh) I would go for a bezel setting and DBTY stations. :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love pears in bezels. I wound up setting mine in a fairly chunky bezel because I wanted to incorporate a few symbols - stars engraved on the sides to match my wedding band, and a crescent-shaped bezel (pic below), but I know the chunky look isn't too popular. I adore the daintier settings, too - Hanoo1's half-carat pear bezel is one of my favorites. You can find pics here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-necklace-from-23rd-st-jewelers.111221/. Maybe with milgrain if you wanted an antique-y look?

Chunky bezel.JPG

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Stephanson. :wavey:

I'm such a big fan of pears! :love: Here's a recent thread with a bunch of pear diamonds, set in different ways, some necklaces.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pears-fan-club.147386/

For a 0.5 carat, it would be great if you could accentuate the shape. I like the idea of a diamond bezel hung inside another diamond halo, like catmom's earrings:

I also like the diamond inside a diamond halo, like chictomato's:

Both of these ideas as pendants would really showcase your pear with a good amount of additional bling. :love:

If you are looking for something more simple-elegant, check out these:

Check out Fancy Diamond's pendant/necklace too. :love:

Catmom2.jpg

Chictomato.jpg

Elle-chris.jpg

MrsMitchell.JPG

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This my pear pendant a 0.80ct

IMG_0723.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results