shape
carat
color
clarity

Great pendant designs?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Any suggestions for vendors for gemstone pendants? I don''t want just the boring old four prong rabbit ears but something with a little more presence to it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Peter Lees has some different stuff, although a number of them are variations on a theme. He''s a nice guy and does good work. He made my garnet pendant.

I love Troels Larsen''s stuff, especially his earrings and pendants. I''ve never had anything made by him so I don''t know if he works with a client''s own stone though.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Kissy, I really like the first designer. They are quite intriguing. I must admit, at first I didn't "get" them, but then I really saw the three dimensionality of them, and WOW!!

Do you have any neck shots of your necklace? What are his prices like?

I intially was looking more toward something vintage looking. Any other suggestions?

eta: this is for one of my glowy mahenges

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have one of his aura pendants, mine is the 5 arm tension set one. The thread on it is here.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
That star shaped pendant is FABULOUS!! What a creative solution for a stone that could have proved too much of a challenge for most jewelers. Did he come up with that design? Did you have the idea for it? I''m blown away by it!! I now HAVE to have one of his pieces!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
His original design was the 3 sided one and since my stone from Gene looked practically the same (except 5 sided) I asked him if he could make that pendant for my stone.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet - those are great links - the Peter Lees jewellry I particularly like.
Uppy-What is your stone that you are wanting set?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Up,

You may have already seen these, but I am very fond of these designs from CM..

2284CM AJ.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
a cab, but you get the idea..

Do you have any inspiration pics of what direction you were heading?

218cm aj.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 5:14:40 AM
Author: arjunajane

AJ,
This is amazing for a round cab. I was eyeing a round spessartite and with this design, it’ll look just like an orange fruit!
18.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 8:49:29 AM
Author: Chrono

AJ,

This is amazing for a round cab. I was eyeing a round spessartite and with this design, it’ll look just like an orange fruit!
18.gif

Isn''t is lovely and simple C?
Go for it I say, your idea of a spess cab sounds great
5.gif

This is similar to how I would like to set my blue-green tourm Cab from Barry too.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

CM? You mean Caleb Meyer? But he won''t set someone else''s stone though. Wow. I love this!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 10:17:12 AM
Author: Cind11

CM? You mean Caleb Meyer? But he won''t set someone else''s stone though. Wow. I love this!
Darn it, I should have realized it is a Celeb Meyer setting and I know he doesn''t set "outside" stones.
14.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I keep coming back to the one Freke posted last month, the peridot. I don''t know what shape stone you have. I love the way hers is set on the 45, and it is that perfect length, just long enough so that it looks like it won''t flip. I can never get that length just right.

A couple years ago, there was a similar one, a pink concave cut. I sometimes run across it and keep meaning to mark it, but I never do.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
AJJ, I looked at the Caleb Meyers because I would love something fruit or flower inspired. I still shake my head that he won''t use outside stones.
38.gif

I''m looking to set an oval mahenge spinel that measures about 7.5x6mm. One of the reasons the Peter Lees Aura design looks so interesting is that it would reflect all of that luscious glowy goodness!

I wonder if I could strong arm Caleb by using my "relationship" with his father?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 11:45:09 AM
Author: Uppy
AJJ, I looked at the Caleb Meyers because I would love something fruit or flower inspired. I still shake my head that he won''t use outside stones.
38.gif

I''m looking to set an oval mahenge spinel that measures about 7.5x6mm. One of the reasons the Peter Lees Aura design looks so interesting is that it would reflect all of that luscious glowy goodness!

I wonder if I could strong arm Caleb by using my ''relationship'' with his father?

Hi Uppy,
I know, it is really a shame...

I do hope based on Ilander''s thread that Jim isn''t going the same way!

I guess there is never any harm in asking; as far as I know, folks have only asked about setting rings so far, not any pendants.
When I broached this subject with JM when I wanted to have CM make a ring for me, I found he really likes to keep their businesses separate - Jim was very clear on this.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 10:34:29 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 6/26/2010 10:17:12 AM

Author: Cind11

Darn it, I should have realized it is a Celeb Meyer setting and I know he doesn''t set ''outside'' stones.
14.gif

Hey Cind and Chrono;
yes this is sadly true
7.gif
I still wanted to post though as it''s a pretty idea.
I never advocate copying a jeweller''s work, but when a company is so staunchly against using outside stones, sometimes the only option is to have an ''inspired by'' piece created elsewhere I guess..

Thing is, people recommend this all the time for "big name" designers on PS, but it seems some folks get a bit touchy when it is suggested for smaller, artisan types such as the Meyers..I do understand this POV, I guess it is just up to the individual client and jeweller they would like to work with...

I had found some similar pendant designs elsewhere a while ago...let me go see if I saved them...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry as I can''t remember where I found this one, but isn''t it lovely Uppy?

I agree, the Peter Lees would look awesome with a glowy mahenge - very modern aesthetic though

YG pendant aj.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
and here is one more a lil different from Greenlake..perhaps replace the prongs with bezel?

PEN_O_10638.jpg

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Re:

arjunajane said:

i LOVE LOVE this one.. I will be getting it!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I must say I am really taken with the work that Scott Schreiber is doing. I haven't bought anything from Scott yet, but I have him in mind for setting my rubellite.

Scott doesn't have a very good web page, but he does have the address to his Flickr stream on his site. On Flickr Scott has progress shots for how his pieces are made. It's really interesting to see how some of his work goes together. He is also one of my FB friends, so you can find him that way as well Uppy.

Meanwhile, his website is
http://schreibersjewelry.com/

And here are some examples of his work:

Scott Schreiber Parisian Brooch.jpg

Scott Schreiber Spinning Opal Pendant.jpg

Scott Schreiber welo opal pendant.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Something similar to my avatar could be done with colored stones.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hoooooooo! I can't wait to see your new project Uppy ! I know it will be gorgeous! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results