shape
carat
color
clarity

Shhh... *finally* got my cushion mounted... now have to pop the question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous! Do my eyes deceive me or does it have an open culet?

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/15/2008 6:06:04 AM
Author: Addy
It''s gorgeous! Do my eyes deceive me or does it have an open culet?
Thanks! It does have a medium culet.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t think I was going crazy, but you never can tell these days. I love open culets!! And the shape. I''m quite drawn to the rectangle shape of it.

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
Since we all love looking at pics... I thought I''d post a few more... I tried to get a couple fire shots...
26.gif

hamscushion11.jpg

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
a little sharper...

hamscushion10.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oooo more pics yay!!
36.gif
36.gif

When do you pop the question?
1.gif

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
... trying to show some of the details...
23.gif

hamscushion8.jpg

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
Between her schedule and mine... things are really tight... SO...
39.gif
... my dilemma is whether I wait and plan something very big during our next vacation... she LOVES Italy, so was thinking of some sort of getaway - but that wont be until June ... OR... do I just plan something simple and local... and let her enjoy her ring earlier... I''ve been thinking about it relentlessly... and it''s difficult not talking to ANYONE about it... so this place is a nice little refuge for me to hide in anonymity... I''m still sorting through ideas...

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
this pic shows some of the details a bit better...
21.gif

hamscushion9.jpg

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, that''s a tough one. June seems like it soooo far away. BUT a proposal in Italy would be SO AWESOME and romantic. If you can make it that long, I would definitely do it there!!!!! She''s going to LOVE the ring no matter where you propose. Congrats!

ajl

Shiny_Rock
That is an amazing cushion and setting! What a fantastic combo.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW - I don''t usually like rectangular cushions, but I LOVE this ring. I like everything about it...the shape, the way the sides complement the stone, everything. Congratulations!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a board full of gorgeous diamonds, that is certainly right up at the top. I just love cushions, and that rectangular shape is yummy. You did GREAT!! She''ll be thrilled!!

Best of luck to you both!!
1.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow! I love the ring you designed! It is simply to-die-for GORGEOUS!!! That has to be one of the most unique rings I have ever seen!

As for the proposal, does your GF have any idea that a ring/proposal may be coming? If I was even remotely aware a proposal might be coming, I would probably be going insane w/anticipation, but if I had no clue, a romantic trip to Italy would be lovely!

I wonder if your GF had any hopes for a proposal on the Hawaii trip, where you did not propose, so she might be thinking otherwise now, so if you did decide to do it somewhere local and low-key, it would quite possibly knock her socks off in surprise.
However, do us all a favor and make sure she is either sitting down or has a soft area to land on when she passes out when you propose with that beauty!

I can''t wait to hear how you do it!
36.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Very great choice! I love the side stones because they complement the center stone but don''t engulf it! Fabulous & she''ll love it I''m sure!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it''s fabulous! I love cushions, and that one is sure a beauty. Plus I love the bling of the side stones.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning design! The stone suits it beautifully.

Good luck with your upcoming engagement! She will love the ring. Guaranteed.
9.gif

Cachette
1.gif

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 2:10:54 AM
Author: Harleigh
Holy cow! I love the ring you designed! It is simply to-die-for GORGEOUS!!! That has to be one of the most unique rings I have ever seen!

As for the proposal, does your GF have any idea that a ring/proposal may be coming? If I was even remotely aware a proposal might be coming, I would probably be going insane w/anticipation, but if I had no clue, a romantic trip to Italy would be lovely!

I wonder if your GF had any hopes for a proposal on the Hawaii trip, where you did not propose, so she might be thinking otherwise now, so if you did decide to do it somewhere local and low-key, it would quite possibly knock her socks off in surprise.
However, do us all a favor and make sure she is either sitting down or has a soft area to land on when she passes out when you propose with that beauty!

I can't wait to hear how you do it!
36.gif
Thanks for the great insights... they were really helpful! In the end... I think I'm leaning toward local and low-key... because a big trip in June will end up being too obvious ... and I really want the element of surprise - not that a big trip can't still happen... I just think the question will be asked a bit sooner... *and no*... those aren't inclusions or blemishes on the surface... a little cleaning of my camera lens would be nice!
3.gif

hamscushion12.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dr. Ham propose sooner rather than later (if you feel ready)... if I were your gf and found out that I could have been wearing that gorgeous ring for weeks and weeks and you made me wait I would go crazy! Not mad crazy, just hitting you really hard with pillows while laughing and calling you mean crazy... hmmm, if you are anything like my hubby that may not be a convincing argument to get you to propose sooner...

DD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results