shape
carat
color
clarity

Shhh... *finally* got my cushion mounted... now have to pop the question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is beautiful!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif

It''s beautiful, excellent job! Best of luck on the proposal and be sure to come back and post those hand shots!
face23.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Smokes!!!! She will flip!!! Best wishes on your proposal--no doubt she will say YES!!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Ah, a cushion after my own heart!

For me, that is my dream cut and ratio.
It''s perfect. Refresh my memory, where did
you locate such a beauty?

Beautiful ring. And yes, more pics!
I need to load up my pic folder with more. (right!)

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Second the "HOLY SMOKES!", "AYE-CARUMBA!" and add in a "WHOA BIG DADDY!" from me, ''cause that baby is blingtastic and came out of nowhere! Well done!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

THAT is BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!

The cushion is amazing.... and the detail of the ring.... *SWOON*

So pretty !!!!!

You have impeccible taste Dr.Ham... WELL DONE !!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations to both you and your Fiance to Be... ALL THE BEST !!!!

Don''t forget to post LOADS of handshots of that Baby !!!!!!
31.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
OH WOW!
That''s one beautiful ring!!!!
What a lucky woman your future FI is!
Congratulations!

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the nice comments! It''s so gratifying to hear positive things after puting so much time and energy into something - and having no idea it will actually turn out in the end! Here''s a profile shot for those who were interested in seeing the basket setting. I like that it will sit very low on her finger because my GFs job requires her to be quite busy with her hands.

hamscushion7.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Dude! Hurry up and propose so we can see photos of that sucker on her finger!

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
As for how I found the cushion... it took me about 3 months to find this stone... I had multiple people with multiple sources helping me... including GOG, a broker in San Francisco, and a broker here in the Washington D.C. area... in the end... it was a local B&M that found the stone that I just had to have... he got me a very competitive price as well... and had some connections to obtain me the custom HOF setting that I really wanted even though his store was not a HOF dealer...

..*sorry* about the dust on my camera lens... it adds lots of speckles to these photos... I never realized my lens was so dirty until looking closely at these pics!
37.gif

hamscushion6.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful!! All your hard work definitely paid off! It looks amazing! $5 says her jaw will literally drop when she sees it.
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, what a beautiful cushion!!!! I just love it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Great job, and a beautiful ring. So glad you found a local jeweler who went the extra mile and got you an exceptional ring. She is going to love
30.gif
it!!!

Good luck on the proposal!!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2008 11:04:23 PM
Author: motownmama
Aye cu-rumba!
and oh lordy......
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD!
emsmilep.gif
It is stunning! As if you can''t tell by my user name... I am a HUGE cushion cut fan! Just love how you captured the details in your pictures! IT is AMAZING... every last detail! Congratulations to you on your impending engagement!!!

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
I love it! So pretty!

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring ! Congratulations on pulling it all together AND having the patience to wait it out. I know how hard those cushions can be to find. Nice job!

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
You ladies are all fantastic! After reading many of your posts and looking at the beautiful rings you each adorn -- I see that you are all experts compared to myself when it comes to jewelry; knowing you all have keen eyes and excellent taste make your compliments that much more sweet to me!
28.gif
I am TRYING to come up with a proposal plan for the near future.... I''m sort of bummed because I really had things planned for a recent trip to Hawaii that we just got back from... unfortunately... I had a string of mishaps/bad luck regarding my health that just sorta turned that trip upside down... PLUS the ring wasnt going to be ready in time... I was supposed to have it shipped out to me while I was there in Hawaii ... but it would have arrived the day we left... SO ANYHOW... it''s back to square one... and I''m scratching my head cuz'' I really want it to be something special and memorable... *sigh*.... I will keep you all posted so hopefully you will see hand pics sooner than later! *Cheers*
3.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
*swoon*
30.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOD!!!! Absolutely freakin'' gorgeous!!! Will you marry me, Dr. Ham???
3.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!! great job! I know I would say yes! I may have missed it, but do you know the l:w ratio of the cushion! It''s a great shape!
Congrats!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2008 11:05:46 PM
Author: dr.ham
You ladies are all fantastic! After reading many of your posts and looking at the beautiful rings you each adorn -- I see that you are all experts compared to myself when it comes to jewelry; knowing you all have keen eyes and excellent taste make your compliments that much more sweet to me!
28.gif
I am TRYING to come up with a proposal plan for the near future.... I''m sort of bummed because I really had things planned for a recent trip to Hawaii that we just got back from... unfortunately... I had a string of mishaps/bad luck regarding my health that just sorta turned that trip upside down... PLUS the ring wasnt going to be ready in time... I was supposed to have it shipped out to me while I was there in Hawaii ... but it would have arrived the day we left... SO ANYHOW... it''s back to square one... and I''m scratching my head cuz'' I really want it to be something special and memorable... *sigh*.... I will keep you all posted so hopefully you will see hand pics sooner than later! *Cheers*
3.gif

Sorry for the string of mishaps... Personally I think another trip to Hawaii is in order!!
31.gif
I am sure whatever you do for the proposal, she will be knocked off her feet!!

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 9:16:54 AM
Author: CrookedRock
wow!!! great job! I know I would say yes! I may have missed it, but do you know the l:w ratio of the cushion! It''s a great shape!
Congrats!
L:W is 8.75x6.88... which would make the ratio 1.27 ... I know this is much more rectangular than most people want... but I really love this shape and find it very aesthetically pleasing...
19.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
well done dr. ham!!!
36.gif

she will love it. it''s gorgeous!
30.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning, I would love , love , love a cushion like that.

Wow.
enjoy
D2B

dr.ham

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone... I know this question has been adressed elsewhere - but after reading the threads I''m still a bit undecided - I''ve sorta reached the conclusion that with micropave/pave setting you should NOT use and ULTRASONIC cleaner... as for steam cleaners things seem to be a little more mixed.... Do you all think it''s safe to use a steamer - and is there a good one you all recommend? When she wears this ring I know that our lifestyle will not permit her to take the time and attention to clean it nightly with a toothbrush... a weekly steam is probably more realistic - what do you all think? THANKS!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dr. Ham, that is a really good question. I have a new ring and need to ask the same thing. But the Jewel Jet is the most well known steam cleaner around here. It will be interesting to see if it is better for pave than an ultrasonic.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2008 11:05:46 PM
I really want it to be something special and memorable... *sigh*.... I will keep you all posted so hopefully you will see hand pics sooner than later! *Cheers*
3.gif
Trust me, however you decide to do it, it is going to be memorable
2.gif
!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 3:32:27 AM

Date: 3/11/2008 9:16:54 AM
Author: CrookedRock
Congrats!
L:W is 8.75x6.88... which would make the ratio 1.27 ... I know this is much more rectangular than most people want... but I really love this shape and find it very aesthetically pleasing...
19.gif
I''m not prejudiced... I''ll take a cushion with any ratio! I just wanted to pipe in again because that detail pic you got is GREAT!

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Lovely, I''m sure she''ll love it! Now hurry up and propose so we can get hand pics!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results