shape
carat
color
clarity

The nightmare continues!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well...for those who have read about my e-ring buying experience, and what a nightmare it has been..you will probably shake your head when you hear that it keeps getting worse, rather than better. I have called a few local jewelers to see if they can reset my diamond, all I need is a new head basically! They all refuse to do it since I did not buy the diamond from them. So...now I have a ring that I cannot wear, I really need the diamond reset (is it really that difficult). I am even offering to buy a whole new mount from the ONE guy who agrees to set the diamond for me, if I ever find that one guy! Supposedly that isn''t even good enough. (don''t want to spend more than $450 for a new mount/head)I don''t have the option of sending my diamond across the border to the US to wonderful Vendors such as Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, and many others, so what is a girl to do?

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks strmrdr, I will definitely check out that site! Keep em coming....lol

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone else offer help here. I am sooooo distraught over having a diamond, that I cannot wear, because NOBODY will set it for me. It seems all the local shops won''t reset it (they are bitter that I didn''t buy the diamond from them). Should I now try to demand a refund (diamond and setting) and end this nightmare, or do I tell the saleslady that she has to send it out of town, one more time to see if it can be set properly at my own expense? What do jewelers normally offer their customers...100% customer satisfaction, or 50% which is what I''ve received!?? Thanks

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 3:42:14 PM
Author:beau13
Well...for those who have read about my e-ring buying experience, and what a nightmare it has been..you will probably shake your head when you hear that it keeps getting worse, rather than better. I have called a few local jewelers to see if they can reset my diamond, all I need is a new head basically! They all refuse to do it since I did not buy the diamond from them. So...now I have a ring that I cannot wear, I really need the diamond reset (is it really that difficult). I am even offering to buy a whole new mount from the ONE guy who agrees to set the diamond for me, if I ever find that one guy! Supposedly that isn''t even good enough. (don''t want to spend more than $450 for a new mount/head)I don''t have the option of sending my diamond across the border to the US to wonderful Vendors such as Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, and many others, so what is a girl to do?
May I ask, why not? I don''t mean to pry, just trying to help.
1.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ellen, I fear the diamond will go missing in shipment...PLUS when the finished ring comes back, I will incur mny charges, duties/taxes, import fees, brokerage fees, and I fear they will charge that amount on the entire value of the finished ring, (not just the mounting). That would cost me thousands, and I had a budget, and don't feel I should have to go over tha budget by hundreds of $$, just because this one salesperson/store broke their promise of a "complete wearbale ring for XX amount of $$'s)I would then have to fight with the government, when they overcharge me...it just seems like such a nightmare!. Anyone here in Canada, would say "why would you dare take a chance on sending out such an expensive diamond to the US"? I have heard too many stories from those who have! I would rather find someone here closer to home. Thanks

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I understand.
2.gif

Have you tried EVERY jeweler within driving distance? I know jewelers can be snippy about working on a stone they didn't sell you, but I have to believe there is somone out there who would be sympathetic to the situation, and would want SOME business as opposed to NONE.

The trick is finding them.

dunndeal

Rough_Rock
Wow I''m sorry to hear about the tough time your having. You certainly have some bitter jewelers in your local market! There has got to be someone out there that would have the vision to treat you kindly and earn you business for future occasions!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eep! I'm in Canada too, but I have the advantage of having a husband who spends a lot of time in the US, so I'm not facing as many difficulties as you.
8.gif
I know my local jeweller would do a remount, as they actively sell this option at least once a year to drum up business. But they're not a chain store, and are family based. I also trust them, and they are very accomodating. We also have a gemologist appraiser who sends things out to be worked on. Have you thought of that option? I haven't read your entire story yet, I guess I should do that now. Good luck.

ETA: Here is the link to the jeweller we have done business with, if you're desperate. I can't guarantee they can help, but I do trust them. The Mapleview location is the one we use.
local jeweller

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results