shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
At your request, Shadoued Rain, here is Elizabeth II wearing the central brooch during the State Banquet in honour of The Prisident of France in March 2008:

FrenchPresidentVisitMarch2008.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 1:59:52 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Alexander,

It''s actually a photograph from the Coronation of her son, George VI. It''s not from a birthday.

Do you have a picture of that bracelet worn as a choker? I''m curious to see one.

Bobby
May they used it for both...it was somewhere in one of the special editions after Qm death.

QM wore the choker during George V silver anniversairy in 1935

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 10:57:43 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 11/30/2009 3:48:19 PM

The empty frame of Queen Victoria''s Regal circlet:

How sad.
8.gif

I wold love to see this reset with gems, large emeralds and sapphires with diamonds would look amazing!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it''d be nice to see the circlet restored. With emeralds and sapphires, as suggested by neil31uk, I''d look more like The Imperial State Crown. Should it be restored, however, I''d like to see it with diamonds only.
In one of the above posts neil31uk said s/he couldn''t necognise the circlet because of the fleurs-de-lise and the missing Kooh-i-Noor. Actualy The Regal Circlet could be altered with the scroll elements, that are now in The Countess of Wessex''s tiara. Queen Victoria has also worn it with the Mountain of Light diamond instead in the central cross in France, from what I can recall.

Bobby

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:52:50 PM

Then again, the monarchy's website says that Camilla will be know as 'a mere' HRH The Princess Consort. I'd say that the website's statement is the most reliable.

Bogdan

I hate to be the one to bring the ba humbug but I'd be supportive if she becomes known as this. There is a reason why this is what they are saying (even if they are pretending and will later change what they say). A large number of people do not accept Camilla as anything other than a consort. They married in a civil ceremony. The Queen did not attend.

Maybe you would have to be a generation older to understand these feelings, but I understand why they are not saying (at least yet) that Camilla will be known as the Queen.

Great pictures, as usual! Queen Alexandra looks great! No wonder she's so famous for jewels.
6.gif

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 4:58:18 PM
Yes, it'd be nice to see the circlet restored. With emeralds and sapphires, as suggested by neil31uk, I'd look more like The Imperial State Crown. Should it be restored, however, I'd like to see it with diamonds only.

In one of the above posts neil31uk said s/he couldn't necognise the circlet because of the fleurs-de-lise and the missing Kooh-i-Noor. Actualy The Regal Circlet could be altered with the scroll elements, that are now in The Countess of Wessex's tiara. Queen Victoria has also worn it with the Mountain of Light diamond instead in the central cross in France, from what I can recall.

Bobby

It does look great just set with diamonds. I suppose what I would like to see is a real version of the coronet of a prince or princess as it appears in Heraldry, with the the jewels, as the ones at coronations don't have gems set in them, just engraved. I think the regal circlet should be restored for Princess Anne to wear at her brothers eventual coronation. It would look so much nicer than the little plain gold and engraved coronets, as for example, worn by the late Princess Margaret at QEIIs coronation. I found this with pictures from the coronation, including many of the coronets. Almost at the end is picture of the Duke of Edinburgh wearing his coronet which looks to be gems set, rather than engraved. What do people think?

website with http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rotherhamweb.co.uk/coro1953/21.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rotherhamweb.co.uk/coro1953/&usg=__wp7RH2Zb7fkfZrWTH5AiB9BoB9k=&h=600&w=476&sz=44&hl=en&start=28&um=1&tbnid=Xin-MJK7qOSbRM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=107&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthe%2Broyal%2Bfamily%2Bat%2Bthe%2B1953%2Bcoronation%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1
1953 coronation[/b]

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 7:27:01 PM
Author: shadowed_rain
I think Queen Mary may be the most famous stomacher wearer (in terms of jeweled stomachers, that is), but I think Queen Alexandra wore them from time to time. Bobby, you''re correct, I believe Queen Alexandra stuck mostly to pinning brooches and draping herself in swags of jewels, but I found a picture that might give us some evidence. I''m not entirely sure, but in this picture, you can see jewelry beneath the swags of pearls that may be a stomacher.

I''ve never seen this coronation picture, so I thought I''d share. Lord knows Queen Alexandra could wear jewels, as well if not better than Queen Mary could
31.gif
WOW!!!
30.gif

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Danny, I don't want ot arge, but aren't unapproved commoner women that marry a raining monarch ussally styled HRH Princess X (Lilian of Belgum comes to mind). And why would a King's wife be styled Princess Consort? Don't worry, I think I (at least partly) understand the feelings towards Camilla.
Of course at least for the purpose of this forums Camilla is doing really good work!

To neil31uk:
Royal Dukes and Duchesses wear coronets at a Coronation in Britain. In 1937 The Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret wore simple gold circlets. Queen Mary helped for their design. Somewhere I have pictures of The Duke of Connaught's coronet from a sale. I'll search for them and eventualy post. As for Princess Anne wearing Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet, well, this is never going to happen, at least if The Princess Royal doesn't succeed the throne herself and desides to wear it insted of the other diadems.

Bobby

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 4:49:38 AM
Danny, I don't want ot arge, but aren't unapproved commoner women that marry a raining monarch ussally styled HRH Princess X (Lilian of Belgum comes to mind). And why would a King's wife be styled Princess Consort? Don't worry, I think I (at least partly) understand the feelings towards Camilla.
Of course at least for the purpose of this forums Camilla is doing really good work!

To neil31uk:
Royal Dukes and Duchesses wear coronets at a Coronation in Britain. In 1937 The Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret wore simple gold circlets. Queen Mary helped for their design. Somewhere I have pictures of The Duke of Connaught's coronet from a sale. I'll search for them and eventualy post. As for Princess Anne wearing Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet, well, this is never going to happen, at least if The Princess Royal doesn't succeed the throne herself and desides to wear it insted of the other diadems.

Bobby
Normally the wife of the British King is styled QUEEN Consort - Princess Consort (Camilla) is the avoid the "Queen" in her title

Camilla's title is as followd : Her Royal Highness The Princess Charles Philip Arthur George, Princess of Wales and Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles, Princess of Scotland.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the information, Alexander. I think we are all pretty much aware of The Duchess of Cornwll''s full title, thought.
May we conclude that we''ll understand what Camilla''s title will be when the right moment comes. All we''re doing is pure speculating, which I think is rather pointless.

I could''t find the photo the Duke of Connaught''s coronet, but instead I found a forgotten photo of the entire Connaught familly attending the Coronation of George V holding their coronets (it''s glittering, isn''t it?). Also Wikipedia (I know, I know) has a nice article about coronets in general and another one about royal coronets - Coronet and Royal Dukedoms in the United Kingdom, Coronets.

Bobby

Copiadeconnaught11911.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to add a couple of pictures from past British coronations. Here is The Princess Elizabeth wearing the gold coronet with crosses pattée and fleurs-de-lis. Her sister wore the same coronet:

PrE_cor_cort.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And Queen Elizabet, The Queen Mother and her daughter attending the coronation of her daughter/sister, Elizabeth II:

2667907.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 4:49:38 AM
Bobby

Bobby,

I don't want to arge either (
9.gif
) but I don't understand what you're saying. First you say "aren't unapproved commoner women that marry a raining (I think that should be "reigning") monarch usually styled 'HRH Princess X' and then you say "why would a King's wife be styled Princess Consort?

I think whatever tradition they follow would be specific to the UK, but also you seem to be saying that these women are styled "Princess" and then saying 'why would they be styled' Princess. So I don't really understand what you're saying.

I respect your opinion that Camilla should be styled Queen (Consort) one day. I mean if the point is to endear the monarchy to the public, then this has the opposite effect on me, but it's no big deal and I respect the fact that you have a different opinion!
35.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Danny,

I respect your oppinion too.

When Lilian Baels married Leopold III of Belgium he was still a reining monarch (he abdicated in 1951). This union was not approved by most of the people of Belgum and it was decided that the woman won't be Queen, nor Princess Consort. Another example is The Duchess of Windsor, though I'm not really sure about any possibility of her becoming Edward VIII's consort.
When I said (wrote) that the wife of a King should be styled Queen, I ment that they were married before his ascension to the throne (Charles and Diana/Camilla) or that their marriage is approved by the nation, royal house, etc, if they marry after that (Baudouin and Fabiola).

I hope I made my point a little clearer now.

P.S. Forgive me for the stupid mistakes that sometimes I make. Usually when I post here it's really late or early (deppends on your view) in Bulgaria and sometimes I fell really sleepy.

Bobby

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 4:13:46 PM
And Queen Elizabet, The Queen Mother and her daughter attending the coronation of her daughter/sister, Elizabeth II:

I always thing it must get uncomfortable to wear a tiara and coronet together as Princess Margaret is doing here.

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 3:52:26 PM
Thanks for the information, Alexander. I think we are all pretty much aware of The Duchess of Cornwll''s full title, thought.

May we conclude that we''ll understand what Camilla''s title will be when the right moment comes. All we''re doing is pure speculating, which I think is rather pointless.

I could''t find the photo the Duke of Connaught''s coronet, but instead I found a forgotten photo of the entire Connaught familly attending the Coronation of George V holding their coronets (it''s glittering, isn''t it?). Also Wikipedia (I know, I know) has a nice article about coronets in general and another one about royal coronets - Coronet and Royal Dukedoms in the United Kingdom, Coronets.

Bobby
This is a great picture. I am assuming that the gentleman with the helmet in his hand is the Crown Prince of Sweden and the lady stood next to him his wife, the ealdest daughter of the Duke of Connaught?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yes, this is Crown Princess Margaritha of Sweden and her handsome husband. For the occasion she borrowed the emerald parure that from her mother-in-law, Queen Sofia of Sweden. The parure was later worn by Crown Princess Martha of Norway (nee Sweden) at the coronatin of Elizabeth II. It is now worn by The Queen Sonja of Norway.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a close-up of the Norweigian Emerald Tiara in its present state;

The two large drop-shaped emeralds flanking the large square emerald in the middle has been removed (By HMQ Sonja?) and are now earrings. They have been replaced by smaller emeralds and honey-suckles.

NorskaSmaragder.jpg

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
I believe Mette-Marit''s Amethyst tiara is much more beautiful. Actually I like the whole parure
1.gif

It would be great if someone could post a pic here.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
I bet someone has better pictures than this of the norweigian amethyst tiara.

I''m not a fan of how it looks as a tiara, but as a necklace it''s wonderful... I think that only women under 25 could possibly pull it off as a tiara; it looks a bit too "young" on Mette Marits head.

amethystNorwayMMS.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
and when it comes to jewellery suitable for the younger generation;

I definetly think that Queen Silvia should keep her hands off these two;
The Carl XVI Gustaf tiara and the engagement present from Gustaf V - the necklace of saphires, diamonds and pearls - to Victoria of Baden. Both of her daughters look wonderful in them and she has so much other things to choose from that suits her so much better; She can really pull off large jewelleries.

CPtiaraVnecklace95.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Back to the norweigian emerald parure;
I found this picture that shows that already the crown princess Märtha had the earrings.

30mn2qd.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 5:44:13 AM

I hope I made my point a little clearer now.

P.S. Forgive me for the stupid mistakes that sometimes I make. Usually when I post here it''s really late or early (deppends on your view) in Bulgaria and sometimes I fell really sleepy.

Bobby

Yes, you did, and it''s I who must beg your forgiveness. Your English is brilliant and I shouldn''t have pointed out these harmless mistakes. I''m truly sorry.

Thank you for your clarification.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it when you boys get along so well. It makes me very happy and proud ;-).

AGBF
34.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
No need to worry, Danny. Thanks for saying that my English is brilliant. It makes me proud.

Best regards,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 7:36:02 PM
Author: robinj
and when it comes to jewellery suitable for the younger generation;

I definetly think that Queen Silvia should keep her hands off these two;

The Carl XVI Gustaf tiara and the engagement present from Gustaf V - the necklace of saphires, diamonds and pearls - to Victoria of Baden. Both of her daughters look wonderful in them and she has so much other things to choose from that suits her so much better; She can really pull off large jewelleries.

I agree with you about this nice tiara, but at least it looks great arround HM''s neck.
The engagement gift necklace actually looks rather good on The Queen. For the last time HM wore it during the State Vsit to The Netherlands in April 2009. I must admit the Queen Silvia looked more than great then.

6a00d8341c648253ef011570468240970b-500wi.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
There are two pictures of the Norwegian amethyst tiara. They show tha it really looks better as a grand necklace. Maybe some day (I hope soon) Mette-Marit will wear it with The Vifte tiara.

Queen Sonja and the amethyst parure:

aaaa3.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A bit off topic, but someone should remind Mette-Marit that that The Vifte is also a tiara. This woman ,a future Queen, really needs a new headdress. And last but not least - next time you wear a tiara, please wear your hair up (remark to all princesses). It looks much more classy!

The Crown Princess and the amethyst parure:

aaaa5.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results