Premium
HI:

Yay RoseBloom! Another convert--most welcome! :wavey:

Post pictures of course........

MZ--where are pictures of your loot? It is unfair to tease! :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Just came by again to take another look at all the beautiful pieces in this thread. I used to be an all white metal person but in the last year, I've fallen in love with yellow gold, especially the high karat hammered or satin finish variety!

Does anyone know if the below setting will be exorbitantly expensive? Any rough estimates on the price range for this kind of setting, in size 5....what should I reasonably expect? I'm not sure if it is 18k or 22k....although, are there any concerns on setting a diamond in 22k?

I also saw this ring there: http://www.twistonline.com/designers-darlene-de-sedle-rings/diamond-ring-d-117064/_/searchString/darlene
......and the gold was amazingly rich and so full of depth.

darlene.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, sixbillionstars. The link you provided priced the entire ring at $16,000.00. Do you have a certain stone in mind that you already own or want to buy and then set? Do you want it set by the same company that makes the ring that sells for 16K with the diamond in it? I'm a little confused. I just know I love the ring and encourage you to set a stone that way. I set a stone that I had originally had set traditionally in a Gurhan-like 24K setting. It is not dissimilar to what you posted, but I actually like the ring you posted more than mine! I think it is more feminine. I will look for a photo of my ring to post since you asked whether it is a good idea to set a diamond in 18K or 22K gold. It is fine.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Attachments

• ringmadebygrunbergerjewelers.bmp
    324.1 KB · Views: 61,167

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
done correctly a 22k gold bezel setting is just fine for any stone but especially a diamond and/or sapphire. the entire diamond from the girdle to the cutlet is bezeled correct? i would not do a "tension" setting in 22k gold......i might let the cutlet swing free but not much.

the problem is prong settings in 22K gold! way to soft for that....

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
AGBF|1344382173|3247605 said:
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, sixbillionstars. The link you provided priced the entire ring at $16,000.00. Do you have a certain stone in mind that you already own or want to buy and then set? Do you want it set by the same company that makes the ring that sells for 16K with the diamond in it? I'm a little confused. I just know I love the ring and encourage you to set a stone that way. I set a stone that I had originally had set traditionally in a Gurhan-like 24K setting. It is not dissimilar to what you posted, but I actually like the ring you posted more than mine! I think it is more feminine. I will look for a photo of my ring to post since you asked whether it is a good idea to set a diamond in 18K or 22K gold. It is fine.

Deb/AGBF

Deb, I love your ring! Curious, does your setting have an effect on your diamond color? I just love how diamonds look against the richness of YG.

I'm planning on buying either an antique oval (If I can find one!) or antique cushion so I just need to find someone to custom make the setting I posted. The pictured ring is by Darlene de Sedle and I didn't inquire if she sets customer stones but I'm thinking it would be out of my budget anyway based on the 16k price tag on that ring.

Any guesses on what price range a similar setting in 18k or 22k should be?

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
movie zombie|1344385795|3247653 said:
done correctly a 22k gold bezel setting is just fine for any stone but especially a diamond and/or sapphire. the entire diamond from the girdle to the cutlet is bezeled correct? i would not do a "tension" setting in 22k gold......i might let the cutlet swing free but not much.

the problem is prong settings in 22K gold! way to soft for that....

Good news, thanks! :twirl:

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to add some Japanese engagement rings I found recently:

Enuove:

LoveBond:

enouvesidediamodns.jpg

enuoveswan.jpg

lovebondstack.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Japanese engagement rings; they are very much my style. (Are you Japanese?) I have always worn very "small", elegant pieces of jewelry as opposed to clunky pieces. My recent forays into designer jewelry with designers like Gurhan has had me experimenting with a totally different look from my usual!

As to your questions about my diamond set in the 24K gold: if the yellow gold affects the diamond color I don't notice it and it doesn't bother me. I don't know how else to put it. I set almost all my diamonds in yellow gold, although sometimes it is in 18K gold with a platinum head, so I am used to knowing that my diamonds are white are I don't inspect them to see if they "look" white at every moment. The diamond in that ring is a GIA graded "G" color, the lowest color of any of my certified diamonds. I buy high colored stones that, in Pricescope parlance are "mind clean", then I don't worry about them!

Recently, in fact, I have been using only "D" colored GIA graded stones as sidestones in case I ever take apart jewelry and want to re-use the stones. (I have plenty of "E" stones and an "F" stone, too, however.) I never worry about color with stones, no matter what kind of yellow gold I set them in.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
No, I'm not Japanese....I found the rings while searching for Malcolm Betts ring images :). The rings are very much my style though!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love them but for me they'd be "stackers"..... :lol:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love those Japanese rings too. I'm with Deb -- like smaller, more refined rings vs. chunkier designs. Those Japanese ones are elegant & good variety, neat!

--- Laurie

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
ooh, i love those japanese rings too.....as stackers like MZ! :cheeky:

anyhow, i have a pic to contribute that i thought you may enjoy.

it is a shot from my traditional wedding. Note the henna on my hands was lovingly done by my sweet little cousins :love:

i seem to be quite enjoying shoving the yellow gold onto my wrists! :lol:

I had a lot of fun that day *sighs nostalgically*

more_gold_please.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my oh my oh my! Spectacular!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the henna and love the bracelets! are they all yours now?! gorgeous!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Rosetta, your jewelry is just magnificent. I went back & peeked again at your earlier pics & died with joy just ogling. Sigh, I wish I were you! :love: Thanks for showing us such beautiful things!

Also, I missed the earlier posts about Carolyn Tyler. Wow, I AM IN LOVE. My style to a T -- and she will use outside stones! I see trouble coming to my bank account. :naughty: Does anybody have an idea about her prices? Arm & a leg & your firstborn? Talk me down, somebody!

--- Laurie

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Rosetta, thanks for sharing your pic- gorgeous bangles and I love the henna! My best friend went to India for a friend's wedding recently and had her hands henna-fied(is that even a word :) ) and it was SO beautiful!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a very stylish man!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a magnificent portrait, rosetta! It reminds me of some exquisite photos of one of my friends taken when she was a bride. (She is my age and we met when our daughters were in the three year old class in nursery school, so I never saw her as a bride; I only saw her photos.) At any rate, she is Pakistani and she had exquisite henna work on her hands and arms for her wedding. For someone who loves gold as much as I do, it is remarkable that it is the henna that stands out in my memory! She is from a prominent family and has very expensive jewelry, so I assume she was as decked out as you were...but I remember her henna. And, frankly, I notice your henna as much as your beautiful gold jewelry! You look so delicate and beautiful!!! What a lovely bride you were!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really gorgeous pictures, Rosetta! Thanks for refreshing my memory!

BTW, did anyone see gorgeous Kate wearing a Cartier Trinity necklace.....not on a black cord but a long gold chain..in honor of the Olympics? Hey, we had that idea too!!!!!! I think we should be jewellry consultants to the Royals/Court! :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
coatimundi|1342819468|3237418 said:
I would love to see a neck shot! It's gorgeous. I adore gold lockets. (and thanks!)
Good neck shots are so difficult to take!

Wow rosetta that's an amazing collection!

frontneck.jpg

backneck.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Aw you guys! I'm blushing :oops:

Deb, you are so sweet. I am not even allowed to wear my rings or nail polish to work, and I never have the time to put on makeup. To hear the word beautiful ascribed to me in any way is a rare and thrilling experience so heartfelt thanks from this dowdy girl in sensible shoes xx

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the photo, it's not often that I'm in full traditional regalia! I'm really glad I went all the way :sun:

The bangles are almost all mine, but a few belong to one of my aunts so those I had to give back.

It was so special to be able to wear jewellery that belonged to several of my many aunts. Especially the necklace and earrings I wore that belonged to an aunt who couldn't attend the wedding due to a high risk pregnancy. It felt like her spirit was there even though she was on bed rest at home.

I am so blessed and thankful for my wonderful family, husband and even my in laws are so so good to me. And if that wasn't enough, I have all of you fabulous yellow gold lovers too. Yay for PS! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent pieces, Rosetta!!!

I officially now have a favorite gold designer...Elizabeth Locke!

Okay, I was on a weekend trip this weekend and happened upon an Elizabeth Locke trunk show. Never have I seen a more beautiful collection of gold jewelry. Most of her pieces are hammered 19k yg which I find lovely, and some have granulation, but I think they are classic in design. Many of the pieces have venetian glass with intaglio. All different colors...gray blue, teal, aquamarine, pinks, yellows, greens, lapis blue, white, black. Just a fantastic collection of colors that all looked fabulous with the yg! The trunk show was spectacular and I can find no site that even comes close to showing the beauty of the pieces. I am attaching a couple of pictures of items I particularly liked but the colors are washed out. The oval pendant is aquamarine color in the center and has beautiful blue aquas on the setting. Anyway, I am sure you can get the idea! The pieces are extremely expensive, but I have access to 20% off which helps a little.

Laurie, Elizabeth Locke will have a trunk show at Neiman Marcus on Tuesday, Nov. 13th, so mark your calendar if you'd like to meet there and have lunch!

A few pieces close up:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/category.jsp?masterId=cat42120742&navAction=index&itemId=cat19270733&parentId=cat000160

elizlocke1b.jpg

elizlocke2b.jpg

elizlockecross.jpg

elizlockeorviettonecklace.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Some beautiful goodies here - can't remember if this designer has already been mentioned in this thread:

http://www.nerselirene.com/

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm bumping this up, anyone got anything new to share?

Perhaps Santa will bring you something yellow and shiny if you have been very very good? :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was thinking of bumping the thread, too! .....need a high carat gold fix......

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1355013294|3326510 said:
i was thinking of bumping the thread, too! .....need a high carat gold fix......

Nothing new here...although my charm bracelet (that's another thread in Jewelry Pieces) is "in the shop" having a charm I bought ages ago added, at long last, to it. I'll be photographing it for the charm bracelet threads if the holidays don't overwhelm me. I guess we could, also, have been sharing gold charm bracelets here...but they aren't designer gold and they already have their own area. I do, always, try to get my charms in the highest karat yellow gold available, though. (What a surprise!) It's rare to find charms in gold of over 18K, however.

I hope someone has something new to share. If not, we may have to wait until after Christmas. I bet that by then someone will have something!!!

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results