shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-the offer sounded like a pretty good one. I would have accepted it too. The whole making offers & counters drives me insane! I don't know how Dee*Jay can take it being a realtor. Selling our house made me a nervous wreck until we closed. Can you tell a big difference in the 14 and 18 kt golds? The color of your new band is just beautiful. It looks so rich and smooth. We're driving to the beach. We're traveling with another couple and taking Lily. She's a good travel doggie, and she loves the beach. We're renting the same beach house as last year because we loved it so much.

Here's my little collage. The first ring is as if I upgraded my stone a teeny big and put it in the Vatche Venus solitaire. I liked this setting because it has 4 prongs rather than 6. The middle picture would be a RHR with either a signature cushion or AVC, and the last would be my current stone as center and my earrings as sides (with the plan of getting bigger studs next year. Hee-hee!) I am only allowing myself 3 choices because it is impossible for me to decide with a bazillion choices out there. I am keeping Dee*Jay's wrap idea in mind if I choose the 3-stone, and will then choose between my diamonds as sides or bright blue sapphires. Maybe one of each. Eureka! I have a plan!

_16442.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, Yowch on the eardrum! Is there anything you can do for that aside from wait it out? And I’m glad your dad is using the ipad! Before the CB I dated a guy who would sit on my couch and watch movies on my ipad using headphones. He seemed perfectly happy with the arrangement, LOL. And I love your idea collage!

Marcy, I don’t fault you at all for taking the offer! When you have a good thing right in front of you there’s no reason not to do it. I’m just so competitive by nature that I can’t help but negotiate! Matching jewelry can indeed be a challenge so you really may be better off just going with a non-matching set. And it really does look great, so there’s nothing lost there!

Last night I turned Billy Ray in so he can find a new momma. I actually cried—how crazy is that?!? Then the CB and I went over to the palace and I looked at all the work that still needs to be done and I cried some more – HA! Tonight I have to go to Home Depot and buy 60’ of 3” square door casing. And tomorrow I have to meet one of the guys there at 7 am. Please god let this be over soon…

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday. It’s another snowy day in Wyoming.

Deegee, your 3 choices are all amazing. Being the enabler I am I vote for the sapphire RHR and either option for upgrading your ering. I don’t feel bad accepting the offer on the house – I honestly just want to get all of the estate stuff done and behind me. Both my parents were never put off until tomorrow what you can do today people so they would be doing the same thing. Marty is used to driving a hard bargain with vendors at work but I just don’t have what it takes to do that. In most lighting I can’t see the difference between the 14K and 18K YG on my rings but occasionally I can tell they are a different color. The new band is very smooth. Sounds like you, Matt and Lily will have a blast at the beach.

Dee Jay, sending you a cyber hug. You had a rough night last night. I am sure BR will find a good home. You will be moving in to your gorgeous new home very soon and it will be worth all the work and tears over the last few months. I hope you are feeling better today. Marty and you would have definitely tried to get a better deal on the house but once my sisters seemed to indicate they think it was okay to take it; I didn’t need any more persuasion to say yes. I agree with you, my current band, ering and diamond look fine so if I don’t buy anything new I would still be perfectly content with what I’ve got.

I see BGD has a couple scattered erings and JA has an ering with 2 diamonds at the top that would go well with the new band. I will get the estimate from the Denver jeweler later this week on the custom ering. The place I bought my current ring from had a great 1.27 ct. diamond online for less than 24 hours – I should have snatched it up. If I buy from them I’ll get full credit for my diamond. I can also buy online then trade my diamond at the original store for an oval diamond and upgrade my EC diamond for pretty much nothing out of pocket. I can probably throw in a free pair of sapphire studs at the same time. Of course first I need to settle the estate.

I should go make myself a collage too – great idea, Deegee!

I heard from my parent’s insurance adjuster today. They approved repairing the roof within about a thousand of what my estimate is and that is with the $1000 deductible already taken off the allowed amount. Plus they are sending the paperwork to my address and in my name so that will make my life much easier. Sweet.

Marty is painting the Europe section of his world map tonight. I took a ride on the save Marcy’s knees chair to go check it out. It is looking good.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are rings I am like:

Top left - I really like the ring but the edges and curvature don't match my band.

Top row middle image and right image is the same ring - I don't know how secure the head would be on top of the band.

Bottom Left - one of my Teddy's a filler photo

Bottom middle: Good match but again edges and curvature don't match my band

Ring on bottom right only has 3 prongs but they look pretty secure.

_16503.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I like the bottom right option the most, and I agree that it looks more secure than that peg head. I'd be afraid one good whack would snap that SOB right off! You were perfectly right taking the offer on the house. Sometimes the easy way is the best way. Even though I'm with Marty--I LOVE a good negotiation!--it's a comfort to have that issue taken care of.

This morning I bolted over to the new place to meet one of the guys at 7... and he didn't show up until 7:25. Then I went to the paint store to place an order, drove down to US Gypsum to return $700 worth of unused product, picked my order up at the paint store, came to HRB, and as soon as the other tax pro gets here I will run the paint up to my guys so they can finish the bathroom because the CB is setting the vanity tonight so the top can be put in place tomorrow morning. It's only 9:32... Where's the yawning emottie when you need it?!?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-sorry about Billy Ray. I agree with Marcy-he'll find a new home soon. You got waayy more done than I did by 9:32! Once all this craziness is over, what will you do with yourself? I'm sure you'll get into something.

Marcy-I like the bottom right ring too. The peg head of the other one would worry me! Great filler pic. I am leaning toward the RHR. My 20th anniversary s next year and maybe by then I'll be ready to get that honkin' upgrade. Don't want to put my stone in a 3-stone or do a small upgrade now, just in case ...right? You have some darn good options. I like you buying online and getting all that other stuff too!

Yesterday we had an epic IT fail regarding a data upload and about 40,000 member accounts. We worked half the day yesterday and all day today figuring out what could be done to fix it. In the end, the IT dudes got it the best they could and now our seriously short staffed department is going to have to do a whole lot of manual postings. And am having a hard time getting project work done because I keep getting pulled in for these emergencies. Ahh! I'm closing the project office door AND my office door tomorrow, and I'm not answering my phone. Project only. I made grilled porch chops and veggies for dinner. I'm going to mix myself a strong adult beverage and then head to bed. Goodnight!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure I’d knock the head off that setting in no time. I am quite klutzy. When we bought my 2010 A6 I really blew Marty’s chance at getting us a better deal. My 2005 A6 was in the parking lot, all torn apart and they had no idea what was wrong with it yet. So they come up with an offer and Marty looks at me and says “what do you think” and my answer was “I didn’t think we’d get that good of a deal”. The salesman got up and walked away with a very stunned look on his face. Marty couldn’t believe I said that. Now when we go car shopping I get coached on what to say when he asks me what I think. You had a very busy morning! It sounds like things are coming along with the new place though.

Deegee, that RHR would be amazing. I am a total sucker for sapphires. And of course getting something else next year for your 20th anniversary goes without saying. I was looking at diamonds and ring settings all day. The IT problem at work does not sound like fun and having to do a lot of manual postings will be a chore. Good luck getting caught up.

That is funny both of you like the lower right ring the best. It is my favorite one of the ones I posted too. I found a couple of diamonds at WF today that look great.

I went to the post office today to see where my parents mail is since I haven’t had any forwarded to our address yet. They could not find a trace of the change of address I turned in. So then I asked where is all the mail that hasn’t been delivered anywhere since March 12. So then he disappears for a while and comes back with a big stack of the mail that was on “HOLD”. WTH? So he has me fill out another change of address card and promises to handle it. Which of course means our mail will be lost for a month. In the giant stack of mail they had was a notice from the IRS to fill out another form on since my parents are deceased and to submit copies of their death certificates. Hopefully that takes care of it and they finish processing their tax return.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself once this construction is over! Since the move coincides with the end of tax season I will likely look for another side job just to keep me engaged, but who knows... I may surprise myself and take a little time "off" and just work my one regular job! I did miss the entire summer last year studying for the CPA exam so I would like to get a little of that back! And good idea on closing your door and getting some stuff done!

Curby, LOL of your (lack of) negotiating prowess! Next time you need to bargain for something, if Marty isn't around take me with you! As for the Post Office... I can't even wrap my head around how fvcked up they are. Seriously. Any private enterprise would have been shut down long ago. The problem is there are no repercussions. When I am World Commander that is one of the first things I will take care of. I'm making a list of other things too so just let me know what you want me to put on there!

This morning I went down to the garage to meet the vanity top guys at 7:30 and I have a flat tire on my Lexus. Fortunately the CB was over there already meeting the ductwork guys so he let them in, but what a PITA. I took a cab over and dealt with some other stuff, including the guys from the small family shop that are doing my carpentry, drywall and painting. They are truly Mickey Mouse, but as the CB likes to point out to me, they do exactly what I tell them to do (ultimately) and they let me keep revising this plan as we go along. A bigger shop would not have been this flexible; they would have sais, OK lady, call us back when you have plans drawn up and we'll work off of those. My "plans" not consist of... Um... Hey... Can we do XYZ... ?

One good thing is that I really like the dark painted ceiling. I was worried that was going to be heavy or oppressive, but it's quite cool! I'm not sure exactly what color the walls are going to end up being though. The first night I looked at them with the primer on them I was like, Wow, these are really blue. But now that the primer has dried I really like THAT color and I'm second guessing the "real" paint color because that looks really really blue to me now. I give up. At this point whatever color it is it is.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally a promising diamond at the place I have my ering from:

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=1169558836

Lots of little inclusions for a VS2 but comes in at 0.7 on HCA. I know it's not an AGS but I am sure having a hard time justifying in my brain starting over somewhere else when I have a big down payment to trade in at this store.

I emailed them to see if they can bring it in to their Denver store so I can come see it. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday. :wavey:

Dee Jay, after I quit teaching I was so bored but I adapted quite well and now wonder how I worked 2 jobs for 21 years. I like the down time. More time to look for diamonds and rings online. I am usually kind of obnoxious when we deal for cars but that day I guess I was more desperate. I was tired of driving my mom’s car. When we were buying one of Marty’s trucks I told the salesman if I see the finance guy falling on the floor laughing at our application we’ll get up and just walk quietly away. It sure made him nervous. But I will definitely keep you in mind when I need help bartering for things. Marty was well known by vendors he worked with at his last job for squeezing extra pennies out of them on his deals. I can’t wait until you are the World Commander. Can I get a job? I want to be in charge of making people step up and be responsible for themselves. We had a mistake at work and I love the “it wasn’t my fault finger pointing responses” I got from some of my employees. How about just admitting I didn’t do my job right and this is what I am going to do to change that! A flat tire on your Lexus? Crap! That is not a good way to start the day. It sounds like the small family business is accommodating you with changes and that is really nice. It will all be behind you soon.

Hi Deegee!

I swear I had to be near a black hole at work today - time seemed to stand still. Of course if I was near a black hole I would have noticed the difference in time just someone watching me from a far would think time stopped for me. But either way, 5 o’clock took forever to arrive.

I ran out about 11 to pick up plaques we ordered for 2 ram heads my dad had that we donated to a local restaurant. They turned out nice. I picked up an Arby roast beef sandwich and got Arby’s sauce all over my shirt but at least I smelled good the rest of the day.

More progress on the estate front. I got the report from the insurance on getting the roof repaired. The numbers looked good and are within the same range as my estimate. I should get the check in a few days and can get that project started.

I let the attorney know the house is under contract and he is going to get me a verified certificate showing me as the trustee of the estate. I was thinking “wow that would have probably helped me get so many other things accomplished” but oh well. I got it done anyway. He said I don’t need to open an account with the EIN number but to have the title company make out the check to me which I can put in my parents checking account. The title company just needs the EIN number to report the house was sold to the IRS. Sounds easy to me!

I may have the estate mostly wrapped up by May sometime. Sweet.

Tomorrow is laundry day. Marty is heading out of town on Sunday.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Lazy Saturday!

We slept until about 7 or 7:30. I made us a traditional bacon and eggs breakfast then worked on laundry. Marty has been painting most of the day on his world map. This afternoon we went to Olive Garden and split a dinner. They have a new mixed berry cake which we split for dessert.

Marty takes off tomorrow about noon for 5 days so I will go buy food and run errands after he leaves. It will give me something to do.

We had rain and snow showers this afternoon but they were brief; no accumulation. Woo hoo!

I decided if I buy a diamond at all it is should be an ACA or BGD signature. Why upgrade unless I get the best? Deegee, your diamond is an ACA H, right? If so, do you any notice color in it? My rings are YG. I did write WF to see if they have ever made a matching ering to their scattered diamond band. I don't even have a red cent from my parent's estate and I am trying to spend it already. Not like there will be much after all is said and done but I decided I want to spend some of it on bling.

If Marty ever gets back up here we are going to rent The Wolf of Wall Street to watch.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I don't notice color in my H ACA stone, but I don't have anything to compare it to except my bracelet with GIA F/G excellent cut stones. I tried to take some pictures of the 2 together today for you, but it wasn't sunny enough outside. As we were driving away from Lowes I thought, dang! I should have tried a pic in there! I will say that the ACA H stone I had before my current stone seemed whiter and livelier. I only had it for about 6 months before I chipped it, and my current stone was the insurance replacement. Even though the numbers are better on my current stone, I thought my old stone was prettier. Wouldn't you just love to visit the WF showroom on Houston so you could compare several stones in person? I forgot to answer your estate question, but I don't know the answer! The bank was executor for each estate, and we had to establish an EIN. It seems like we set up an estate account (just like a trust account) and we paid monies directly out of that. I'm sure it is a lot different than for an individual handling an estate.

Dee*Jay-now that we have moved, Pittsburgh is our nearest big city. Isn't that your old city? We went shopping yesterday at an outlet center about 20 minutes south of the city. I think there is a better one north of the city, but we got a late start and didn't want to drive any further. I don't know why we always think we'll clean house at the outlets...I never find much and end up shopping online anyway. You take time off? I just can't see it. And it's a good thing you've got a flexible group working for you. Matt, being the engineer to the core that he is, gripes incessantly if I change my mind midstream. He's not a "let's see what this looks like" kind of guy. He's a "must plan every little detail and have no change orders" person. I think that's why it takes me so long to decide on anything!

Nothing much to report about the weekend. We shopped yesterday and then lazed around today. Matt is heading out of town tomorrow and will be gone through Wednesday. Food wasn't horrible this weekend. I am determined to get back on track. Have a great Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Marcy, I totally think you should spend your part of the inheritance on bling! That way whenever you look at it you will have happy memories of your parents (not that you don’t anyway!). About these ram’s heads… please explain!!!

Deegee, Pittsburgh is my hometown. I also have mixed feelings about outlet malls. I either come home with a car full of stuff or absolutely nothing, there doesn’t seem to be any in between for me. And of course going to an outlet looking for something specific is totally pointless!

So my flat tire turned into $830 for four totally new tires… There were all sorts of reasons why, but it still made my Am Ex go Yowch!

And I have made a MAJOR change to the project… as of 7 o’clock this morning! I decided not to do the dropped ceiling with the tin tiles and just keep the ceiling height at 13’. This adds all sorts of complications (ductwork, electrical, etc.) and sets the project back many days. I just called my building to see if I can hold over. They said I *might* be able to stay until the 27th (an extra 8 days) so I’m waiting to hear back from there. Otherwise I will be sleeping in a refrigerator box on lower Wacker Drive. Good thing the weather is warming up!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-that was one expensive flat tire! You have ruined me, making me look up the Porsche Macan. I keep revisiting it and the Cayenne online. The Porsche dealer here is also the Audi dealer, so I can check all of those out together. I'll have them line up the ones I'm interested in and decide that way. I'm a very visual person. That's why I could never do what you're doing with your condo. I'd have to see it finished and say either yay or nay. My brain is so freaking concrete, I have no vision for something that isn't there!

Hi Marcy!

Work was long today. I stayed almost 3 hours late and left only because Matt is out of town and poor Lily Pie was inside all day. Bless her little heart! Matt usually lets her out for an hour or so at lunch, but today the poor girl was inside for 11 hours and didn't have an accident. I had a leftover pasta meal from last night for dinner, a banana for breakfast and soup for lunch. I'd like to take Lily for a walk,but it's pouring outside. Plus I have to stuff my ear with so much cotton to keep the wind and air out, I'm paranoid to walk without being able to hear clearly. We don't have sidewalks, and cars can come upon you awfully fast! Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Deegee, thanks for the information on your H ACA diamond. Isn’t the light in Lowe’s awesome for diamonds? That really stinks your first ACA was livelier than the replacement. Once that bar has been set I think we’ll always notice a difference. That is why my ¾ carat diamond was traded in less than 4 months. Yes, I would love to visit WF in Houston. Marty even mentioned going there and reminded me he does have lots of miles we can use. Thank you for the info on an EIN. The attorney emailed me saying we only need it for paperwork, I don’t have to open an account with it. Good plan to have all the SUV lined up for you to see at the same time. How is your ear doing? Good idea not to go walking in the rain and not being able to hear very well.

Dee Jay, I sure plan on spending some of my inheritance on some bling. You know if I put it all in my wedding rings I’ll never be able to upgrade them. It’s a win win for Marty there, huh? I do have many good memories of my parents and I will enjoy having some sparkles from them. As for the rams – my dad was a big game hunter (duh he’s from Wyoming). He had 2 big sheep heads that he got years ago (one is a white sheep from the Yukon) and we wanted to find some place to donate them to instead of just throwing them out. There is a ranch, RV park, restaurant, petting zoo, family activity place south of town that has some animal heads hanging up and we donated them to hang in their restaurant. So we got some plaques to hang up with them with my dad’s name. Ouch to new tires for your car. I bought new Michelin’s for my previous Audi before me moved and then sold the car in less than a year. If my new car had the same size tires I would have told them to MOVE them please. I know I’ll be facing that bill again soon. The all seasons on my car are built for performance not snow. If you need a place to stay our north wing is open – of course the commute will be rough. Hopefully they will get everything done while you still have your current place.

I met with the roof company today – that project will be underway soon.

We had big fluffy snowflakes most of the day but it was warm enough nothing stuck to the roads or sidewalks.

Marty is gone through Thursday so I had veggies, a baked potato and hamburger patty for supper. Easy cooking and dishes.

Off to look at diamonds and rings I can’t live without. :bigsmile:

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty just called me from Vegas. He found me a 2 ct AGS0 F VS1. It was only $60,000 but they'd give him 5% off. I told him to ask for a pair of them and I could make earrings. Ha ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To clarify at least the diamond came in a platinum wedding set. Both plain bands. Ha ha.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday morning kids!

Deegee, I am sorry to have ruined you! The Macan is built on the Q5 platform and when I was in Tahoe I drove my friend’s Q5 for two weeks. It handled GREAT. I have also driven a Cayenne, but it feels more like my Lexus SUV than a sports car. As for vision, I have plenty—sometimes too much! At times though my issue is communicating what I want done to make that vision materialize. I’m not sure where the disconnect comes in, either in my expression of the concept or the receiver’s execution of the concept!

Curby, that’s awesome about the ram’s heads! I reached out to five of my friends yesterday who all live within a few blocks of my current place and they all said I could stay with them when the time comes, so your north will is safe for now! One of my friends works for PWC and she’s at the client site (in South Carolina) Monday – Thursday and I only work Monday – Wednesday in this office anyway so that will work out perfectly. Then I’ll just stay with the CB the other nights. And LOL on the earrings!

Last night I went over to meet the drywaller at 8 o’clock and then went to home depot to get dimmers and switches. I didn’t realize I forgot my wallet until I had already gone through the self checkout line so I had to go back at 6:30 this morning. Argh. I’m supposed to meet the contractor over at the place at lunch today to see what we’re going to do about the alternative ceiling plan. Wish me luck!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-be sure to post pics when Marty beings home that diamond, or diamonds in case of earrings. Wow, I bet it's beautiful! 5% off is a total steal. :Up_to_something: I think my current H must be a low H whereas the other was a high H. I can't tell any difference at all between my current stone and my I earrings! I think if I ever do decide to upgrade, I want a high H or G. Not that my earrings aren't amazingly gorgeous...I just remember that first ACA stone that I chipped was sooo pretty.

Dee*Jay-CRUD. Matt couldn't get his noggin comfortably in the Audi Q5. I was going to test drive the Q7. That Macan is so cute, it comes in blue, and it looks fun! Darn it! His not being able to comfortably fit has ruined many potential a car for me. I hope your alternate ceiling plan works and doesn't cost you big $$$! I had a panic moment at the Wendy's drive through at lunch that I had forgotten my wallet. Thankfully it was just buried under a bunch of crap in my purse.

I had coffee and a banana for breakfast, a Wendy's hamburger and fries for lunch (oops), and dinner was merlot and salad. Snacks - more merlot. Tomorrow is meetings all day, food when I can grab it, and working late. I'm not liking my new schedule AT ALL. Vacation-less than 2 weeks away. Ahhh....Have a great Wednesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, I think it’s great you have plentiful and wonderful visions. I am sure your new place is going to be amazing and beautiful! It sounds like you are all lined up with places to sleep, I will return all the wine I picked up since you won’t be staying here. I am going to be pretty sad when Marty comes home without my 4 ctw diamond studs. :bigsmile: Since you are shopping for dimmers and switches that sounds to me like you are getting closer to having your place ready to move in. One of my favorite post move-in installs is a sensor light that comes on in the room we come in to from the garage. It actually has 3 switches so Marty had to do a lot of wiring but it is great – it turns on from the garage, from our walk-in closet and from the front entryway. I also whined a lot for a dimmer switch in our bathroom – we had 600 watts of lights in there when we moved in. We have since put in lower wattage bulbs. How did your meeting with the contractor go tonight?

Deegee, if Marty does bring home those earrings first I’ll faint but once I revive I will certainly get pictures. I want to remember what they looked like since I’ll be packing them up and shipping them right back. :lol: Based on your H observations I think I will stick with a G in my diamond search. How tall is Matt? Marty is 6’3”. It seems like he fit okay in the Q5 but he always likes the larger SUV better. How exciting to be getting so close to your vacation.

Dee Jay and Deegee, I did just go make sure my billfold was in my purse.

Work was very busy today. 2 people called in sick. I had a nice walk to meet the HR lady outside to have my picture taken for our upcoming all team meeting. It is for being there 15 years. It was pretty nice outside so I enjoyed the break.

I got my hair cut after work. It looks a lot better. I let it grow out for about 8 months and just had her layer it but not just off much length.

I had cereal for breakfast then a mini muffin for snack. Lunch was initially an easy mac but it tasted awful so I bought Cheetos out of the vending machine. For supper I had a grilled cheese, tomatoes and a little bit of ice cream.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-Matt is 6'3 also and weighs about 220. He was able to sit in the Q5, but not comfortably. His knees were practically in the dash on the driver's side with the seat moved all the way back. I remember test driving an Infiniti Coupe, and the dealer did everything possible to adjust the seat so he could fit, but he couldn't get his legs all the way in to get the door shut. The Q5 seemed a little small for me too, and I'm 5'9. Maybe we're just used to our bigger vehicles! The Q7 was much more comfy. Glad you like your haircut. It's always a little scary to have anything done after you've been letting it grow for a while. I worked up the courage to ask for a bang trim last night, but I'm still a little hesitant since she scalped me last April! Congrats on 15 years!! I'm right behind you at 14. It would be awfully hard to pack those spectacular earrings back up...

I had fruit for breakfast, an Arby's roast beef sandwich for lunch, and I came home to chili and grilled cheese for dinner (bless Matt's heart, he cooked). I put in another almost 12 hr day today. I plan to do the same tomorrow and then leave on time on Friday. I'm tired. I'm too old for this nonsense! We decided to have the cleaners come weekly, and sometimes I feel like such a lazy bum. I don't want to spend the time I do have at home cleaning. I need to call a landscaper to do the cleanup, trimming and mulching. The landscaper at our old house always did a fabulous job, but they're about 3 hours away now. I've been putting off finding someone new. Too much to do. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my jeweler found this AGS0 for me - sounds good except the table is a little large. It comes in a 1.9 on HCA vg ex vg vg

Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.10 - 7.13 x 4.33 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade: AGS 1.5 (G)
Clarity Grade: AGS 4 (VS2)
Carat Weight 1.362
Fluorescence: Negligible
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Table: 59.4%
Crown Angle: 35.6
Crown Height: 14.6%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.7% to 3.8%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Pavilion Depth: 42.8%
Star Length: 49%
Lower Girdle Length: 78%
Total Depth: 60.9%
Culet: Pointed

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Deegee, sounds like Marty and Matt are about the same height and weight. One of the BMW sedans we drove he had about 4" of headroom; he was pretty impressed at that. Once you are used to a larger vehicle it is rough going to something smaller. Our new A6 is about 2" narrower inside and it is noticeable. Easier for me to pick on Marty when he is driving. I thought I'd go through Marty's suitcase when he gets home and looking for my earrings. Grilled cheese sounds great! You have certainly worked enough hours this week to take off early on Friday. Good luck finding a yard service. I have been letting my hair grow for about 9 months so she had quite a bit to cut off.

Work was busy again so the day zipped by. I told in a piece of leftover pizza for lunch then picked up a junior hamburger and baked potato from Wendy's for supper. I am going to leave a roast in the crock pot tomorrow since Marty will get home about 2. He is tired and his knees are sore from standing and walking on concrete all day at the convention center. He's been going out for fabulous meals and drinks every night so my crock pot dinner will be a let down from Vegas food.

The jeweler I buy from in Denver emailed me an AGS0 diamond he can bring in for me to see. I don't like the table size but told him if he could get it there by Saturday I'd come see it. Who knows - it may knock my socks off. I like the idea of trading in my current diamond to make the new diamond more affordable. I have no idea when I'll get my portion of the estate so there is no way I can buy a diamond outright right now. Decisions, decisions. If I like it I will certainly hit them up for a discount but the current diamond I have is the one and only thing they ever discounted for me. Maybe if they realize I am outgrowing their inventory they'll be more likely to deal.

The dryer is calling . . . one of the most annoying sounds in the world.

Hi Dee Jay! How is the new place coming along today?

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I am at work. Waiting for another 30 minutes before I can go home.

Marty is back from Vegas. Woo hoo.

My 18K band is sure getting scratched up from daily wear. Boo.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-oh no about your band getting scratched! Yikes! I hope your jeweler gets the stone in by Saturday so you can take a look at it. Mine is 1.312, so the one you're liking at is very close in size. Ooohhh...exciting! I don't blame you for wanting to trade instead of buying one outright. I hope they'll make you a deal. Glad Marty is back for the weekend. Matt planned to go out of town Mon-Wed next week, but it didn't work out. Darn.

Dee*Jay-have you ever heard of taking 75 mg of butterbur to prevent migraines? I've never heard of it, but my sis sent me some info about it. I'm going to have to read up on it. I hope all is going well in the last days of your renovation!

I worked late tonight and am hoping to get my nonn-morng self to work a little early in the morning and plan to work no more than 30 minutes late tomorrow evening. Wish me luck with that. Matt and I ate a bad fast food dinner and then walked Lily when we got home. It's a gorgeous evening. My sister texted me a few hours ago to let me know they admitted dad to the hospital tonight. He passed out at the Coumadin clinic because his blood pressure had bottomed out. He passed out twice earlier inthe week and had been going in every day for infusions of fluids. I think they're going to give him massive doses of fluids, magnesium, potassium, etc. I'd say he's complaining about how much the ambulance ride from the clinic to the hospital is going to cost him, knowing my dad. They told me not to come in. It's times like this that I hate living so far away.

Have a good Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am sorry to hear about your dad passing out. I hope the fluids and minerals help him get stronger. I know it is hard for you not to be closer. I actually got an email from that jeweler saying he could only hold it for me till tomorrow. I answered and asked if he didn't receive my response saying we'd be there on Saturday. If he still says tomorrow he has not only lost this possible deal but any future purchases. I think my taste continues to get pickier and their higher end stuff gets less plentiful so I believe it is time for me to find another jeweler. That is good Matt's trip didn't work out for next week. It sounds like Marty will be traveling quite a bit again soon. We have snow moving in on Sunday.

Our roast tasted good tonight. Of course Marty was giving me a bunch of grief like "what no wine pairing with each course"? I said welcome back to reality.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-surely for a potential sale the jeweler would hold it! I hope he did anyway. I've decided I just need to look at finished rings someplace. I will never get that sapphire ring put together if left on my own.

I didn't make it to work early, and I left the minute the clock hit my normal quitting time at 4:30. It's been a long week. We plan to head to the hospital in the morning to visit dad, and afterwards we'll watch my niece's softball game while we're in town. There's a Hobby Lobby near he ball field, so we'll probably stop in there. I am in big bad need of accessories. Have a good and restful weekend!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Just a fly-by 'cause I have a zillion things on my to-do list and I'm still sitting here in bed sipping coffee...

Curby, are you seeing the diamond today?

Deegee, how's your dad doing?

OK, off and running! Be back later!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Just a fly-by 'cause I have a zillion things on my to-do list and I'm still sitting here in bed sipping coffee...

Curby, are you seeing the diamond today?

Deegee, how's your dad doing?

OK, off and running! Be back later!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Snowy Sunday!

Deegee, the guy actually didn't even have the diamond shipped in. I wrote him a rather scathing for me email pointing out how much I've spent in their store and obviously they don't care to keep me as a customer. I also complained about how they wait on people when they are busy. Weird he never answered me. We didn't stop in there on Saturday. How is your dad doing? How is your mom? Did you get some accessories? Hobby Lobby has a lot of great accessories.

Dee Jay, I bet you are very busy right now. Sipping coffee in bed is a good place to access your priorities for the day. I did see some diamonds. It was fun.

Yesterday we started our day at the eye doctor. My blood pressure was up. Weird. Like I've been under stress or something. We both ordered new glasses. Woo hoo.

Then we headed to Denver starting with a watch group meeting at one jewelry store. They quoted me $2800 to make a mounting to match my Tiffany band. That seemed high. I looked at 2 diamonds they had. One was a 1.2 H VS and a 1.39 G Si. The H was a better cut diamond and I didn't mind the color at all. Marty found a 26K watch he wants to buy. Oh oh.

Then we headed to an art store. Mary was excited he found some stuff for his art projects. Speaking of art he has his world map finished and hung up in the man cave. I will steal his picture off FB and post it. We bought some rabbit staplers there too.

Then we headed to a jewelry store that boasts they have the biggest selection of engagement rings in the US. I definitely didn't like a X prong setting with my band. There was a gap between the ring and my band. I tried on some different style solitaires. I like the one I have better. They had a scattered pink sapphire band so I put it on with my band and we out a diamond over it. I liked it but not as well as I thought but it was not as nice of a band.

That store had quite a few diamonds we looked at from 1.25 to 1.59 carat range. A few were EGL ideal and Si so they were not to my liking. Some of the GIA EX were fine. One was quite weird. It was very icy blue so I asked about fluorescence and it was labeled as strong. It wasn't an ugly diamond color but really looked different. The nicest diamond was a 1.59. That place said they could make me a matching scattered diamond mounting for $1400.

I held to 1.59 carat over my ering and thought wow I want that big of diamond but I didn't try that with the 1.25 carat. Marty doesn't think the 1.25 is that much larger than what I have so he thinks I should get a 1.5 carat. I don't know if that large of diamond is in my comfort range. I don't like big jewelry on me.

I also only saw GIA EX diamonds no AGS so if I was comparing those side by side would I still like the GIA?

This is also turning in to more money than I planned on. I don't even have any of he money from the estate yet and I am trying to spend it already. I have no idea what I want to do. I also kind of want to get the ring and diamond from the same place but other than trying to match my Tiffany band I don't want to buy a ring I can't try on with my band. Marty isn't convinced a super ideal is any better than an ideal cut diamond and is very hesitant for me to buy online.

I am going to "see" one of Winks CBI diamonds online Wednesday. I am kind of excited for that.

Laters
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results