shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 25th August till 31st August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vizsla, it sounds like you aren''t eating enough. How many calories do you know? Well half a marathon is a LOT, isn''t it 13 miles or something like that!?!?! Kudos!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
for real?!?!?!? whaaaaaa??
6.gif
i can eat more??!?!?!?! yippee
18.gif

hmm breakfast is about 300-350
lunch = 350
dinner probably between 300-500 (with or without wine;-)
snacks/fruit/etc. another 200-300

that''s 1400-1500 cal/day.. that''s slightly below average for a woman right? so i should be losing weight? i''m confused
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vizsla, according to sparkpeople.com I am suppose to eat 1300-1500 calories, go check it out, they base your calories on height, weight, activity and goals. They look at carbs and protein, etc.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids! Just back from 65 mins on the elliptical. There is another NBA player who just moved into my complex and he came over to the gym when I was about half way done. He got on the bike and spun that sucker for all it was worth. I could see his heartrate on the monitor and it never went above 72.
6.gif
My HR is easily double that on there, and more if I push it. Wow.

Vizsla, in the spirit of goodwill I will gladly grant you a couple hundred of the cals I take in a day!
9.gif

Turtle, NOW I get it! Thank you!!!

Gotta go meet a client, but be back later...

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! ok.. but only if it's of the wine variety.....
2.gif

i'm going to do some more researching tonight and see if i can figure out this weight increase nonsense.... but from what i can gather - the calorie calculator says that i should eat 1978.8 cal/day
41.gif
it may be ....... du dun dunnnn the dreaded PLATEAU .... EGAD!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 5:21:38 PM
Author: vizsla
LOL! ok.. but only if it's of the wine variety.....
2.gif

i'm going to do some more researching tonight and see if i can figure out this weight increase nonsense.... but from what i can gather the calorie calculator says that i should eat 1978.8 cal/day
41.gif
it may be ....... du dun dunnnn the dreaded PLATEAU .... EGAD!
3.gif
Then you aren't getting enough calories and your body is hanging on. Are you drinking enough water? My body plateaued for 4 weeks, I feel your pain, honey.
39.gif
I will cross my fingers for you but I increased my protein and a little bit more fat (in nuts and avocados) and that helped the plateau break.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
and girl! 65mins??!! i start to lose major steam after 30 mins of any type of cardio...

36.gif
36.gif
to anyone who can endure long workouts! that includes rod.. 3 hours?!?!?!.. each time i''ve read/lurked i about fall ovah!.. i couldn''t imagine.. impressive dear sir, muy impressive
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 6:50:31 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Skippy, I am so happy for your loss.. good for you!! YAYYAYA! And thank you.. I think walking earlier and taking my melatonin is going to be the key.

I went today and picked up the small tube of the Fakkai glossing creme... its 9.00.. and I given how tiny an amount you use, it will last me a while. The big tube thingy of it is 19.50.. and still.. would last forever. lol i also picked up some aloe socks for my daughter and a pedicure kit.. she needs to take care of her feet. When Steve & I went to Solana Beach the other day, I picked her up some rubber gloves for dish washing... they are very similar to this..
http://www.wishingfish.com/gloveables.html my daughter''s are pink, with a green bow and pink polka dot edging.. :)
Michelle!!! Thank you for your kind kudos
hug.gif
Enjoy your lovely walk! I wish you could walk w/me or me w/you!!! Yay for all your goodies!!! Wow, aloe socks sound nice, what a nice mom you are! Pretty gloves, very stylish
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy! 16lbs!!! That is awesome. What''s your goal again. Is it wrong I could (and do) eat an entire avocado with a spoon.
18.gif

vizsla, you are tall so no one can probably tell if you have an extra 5 lbs on you (not that I am saying it is wrong you feel like you want to get rid of them but that I am sure you look great anyways!) I have no useful advice. I am a diet/exercise slacker.

Dee*Jay, 65 mins! You should be so proud. After 30 I feel like I am dying.

****about to run out of the thread so I don''t get yelled out****
I didn''t go to the gym today!
39.gif
38.gif
29.gif
I am angry with myself. Guess there is always tomorrow
15.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 9:28:51 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Skippy! 16lbs!!! That is awesome. What''s your goal again. Is it wrong I could (and do) eat an entire avocado with a spoon.
18.gif

****about to run out of the thread so I don''t get yelled out****
I didn''t go to the gym today!
39.gif
38.gif
29.gif
I am angry with myself. Guess there is always tomorrow
15.gif
Tacori, we won''t yell at you honey! We will cheer you on that you can do it! I love avocado! hehe In fact you reminded me I better eat the one that is getting ripe! Do you have a gym buddy? I want to weigh 135, if I lose 20lbs I will be there but 140 is a good goal right now.

Dee, Yay for 65 mins!

I am back from my walk
1.gif
Have a great evening all
35.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
*bonks head*
6.gif

yozah! 16lbs! that''s FAN-flippin-TASTIC! please forgive me wallowing in my own self pity and not fully recognizing that milestone! 10lb is amazing 16+ is off the charts!!!!

congrats girl!

and thank you so much for responding to my post!

i know it''s been said.. but i''ve been a *member* of ps for 3 years... and probably a good year before that (under a different screen name).. and have just recently been brave enough to *really* post ... it''s just so *cool* and informative! and i''m glad that there are so many supportive and *wise* people out there who are willing to share their knowledge and time with ''unknowns''.. i only hope that i can give back.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone........

Today was sort of Friday for me. We're only working a 1/2 day tomorrow and we get to work from home - WOO HOO! So, I can sleep an extra hour - WOO HOO - And wear shorts and a t-shirt - WOO HOO! Charlie only works till 2 tomorrow, so I'll meet him after he get's off and we'll have a cup of coffee, then hit the gym for a nice long workout. My back is SO much better today. I still can't get over how a stronger core has dramatically made my lower back issues, which used to be such an ongoing thing, a non-issue! After the gym, we'll have our usual Friday night Sushi. Charlie's off both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. It will be the first weekend in two months we've had two days together, so it will be really nice.

Skippy, YAYAYAYAY for 16 pounds. GO SKIPPY GO SKIPPY GO SKIPPY!! Glad you got a treat for yourself too!

Marcy, I'm sure your friend was happy for you, but a bit ashamed she hasn't done anything to lose weight herself. I hope she uses you as inspiration as you're truly an inspiration! I had a candidate confide in me today that he is having lat-band surgery in October. He was once 400 pounds, then he lost 200 pounds, got married and promptly gained 100 pounds back when he quit smoking. He just can't deal with the diet and exercise thing, so he's having the surgery. I hate to hear about people having the surgery, but hope it's the right thing for him.

Hey Tacori!! It's nice to see you and I hope you did make it to the gym today AND you enjoyed it!! Stick around and let us know what we can do to help you. Like Linda recommended, I do like Lean Cuisines. They're actually pretty tasty and usually are satisfying enough. I'm also a big salad eater. I lost more weigt eating salads and still haven't lost my taste for salads. The trick is having a lower fat/lower calorie dressing. I like russian dressing, but instead of using mayo (it's so fattening) I make it from a Mayo substitute called Vegannaise, which I honestly think tastes better than mayo and has no cholesterol and only 1/3 the calories of mayo and is heart healthy too. You can find it in the refrigerator section of most health food stores. Just mix vegannaise with catsup and voila - you've got a really good salad dressing and it's not fattening!

Thanks for the kind comment about my 3 hour workouts vizsla! Your before and after shots are AMAZING!! I'm glad you've come from lurkdom (do you own vizslas? - they're such woderful dogs!). I think your body had adjusted to the higher calorie burn from your increased cardio and when you cut it back, you just weren't burning as many calories. I wouldn't recommed you reduce our caloric intake, but I would suggest you reaportion it to include smaller meals more often. This way your metabolism won't think your in starvation mode. We all hit plateaus and yours will pass too. Welcome again!

Hey Michelle, sorry your later than usual walk interrupted your sleep. When I first stated working out at night, I was buzzed and difficulty sleeping, but now that my body is used to my later workouts, it doesn't affect me anymore. Hope you get more sleep tonight.

OK.....Charlie just got home and I'm going to go sit with him and Sakai and sign off for the night.

Yay for a three day weekend and being able to sleep in a bit the next few days!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL about the 65 mins -- sometimes I don''t feel like I even hit my grove until around the 45 min mark!

There was a guy on the elliptical beside me today. He finished his FIRST hour about 15 mins after I got on, pushed the reset, and was still going strong on his SECOND hour when I left.
6.gif
For all I know he''s STILL over there going at it...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! We had a busy night and I still need to grade papers so this will be quick. We are going camping after work tomorrow so I will catch up on Sunday.

Welcome Vizsla and Tacori!

Skippy, congratulations for losing 16 pounds now.
36.gif

Rod, I sure hate to hear someone lost that much weigh then gained it back. I hope the surgery works for him.

Sorry not to respond to everyone but I still have lots to do and I should go to bed in 10 minutes. Rats.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!
35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to take the time to read everyone''s post.

Kimi I am glad you are feeling better.
DeeJay, you always make me laugh. Glad you had another great workout.
Rod, enjoy the long weekend. I am glad you and Charlie both have some days off together.
Vizsla, you look amazing! That would be nice to find out you can eat more.
1.gif

Hi Noelwr, Linda, Lorelei amd Turtle.

Sweet dreams. I am not getting my nails painted tonight - rats.
Bye!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Tacori - no worries!

Visla, you look gorgeous! I would say to increase your lean protein a bit, keep an eye on the carbs and perhaps split the meals up to eat 4 - 6 times a day and aim for 2 litres of water a day.

I am trudging on as usual, the treddy has seen quite a bit of me recently and I am watching Dynasty as I work out!
9.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
wow! thanks so much for all of the warm wishes! i really appreciate it! and also the advice...
38.gif
i do not drink enough water... and i can''t tell you how many times i look at my water bottle - that i brought to work *specifically* for water - and just don''t fill it up.. and the filtered water station is about 3 feet from my desk... no more excuses! i''m going to hit my quota today...... after my coffee
9.gif

from what i can gather - i think you are right about the smaller meals and adding more protein, although meat grosses me out most days..tofu and fish i can do ;-).. the small meals is something i''ve tried before but i can''t get over that mental block that eating more meals means eating *more* ... does that make sense? logically i know that''s not the case, but it''s something i struggle with.

tacori for quick and easy lunches/meals i really like frozen mixed veggies i.e. ''fiesta blend'' ''italian style'' or even ''stir fry blend'' or ''stir fry veggie with rice'' (they are always 10 for $10 at kroger;-) - it''s not my intension to put down lean cuisines- but i have a weird hang up on all of the ingredients they contain and more so, not being able to pronounce half of them ..... so i find that by eating an entire bag of veggies (totally filling!! and approx. 100 cal) and adding a carb.. like brown rice (super easy to make a bunch on sunday and keep for the week) it''s a really quick and super delicious lunch.. with a couple shots of low sodium soy sauce and a drizzle of olive oil (or for the italian style i mix olive oil and balsamic and drizzle over veggies).. YUM! i make this everyday in the microwave at work.. so the ease of preparation is there;-)

anyhoo.... thanks again for all of your kind words and taking the time to respond!
TGIF everyone!! - and have a great a loooooong weekend!!
36.gif
36.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
oh.. and yes, i do have a vizsla.. (super creative screen name right?)

she is awesome, smart, fiesty and a handful... and i luuuuvvv her;-) - she gets me out of the house and off my butt .. so i should attribute my on-going fitness to her crazy amount of energy ;-)

vizslasvizsla.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Sorry I''ve been MIA - I''ll try to catch up!

Skippy - Congrats on the loss!!!
36.gif
That''s awesome! Oh - and I big puffy heart Fage! You can use it as a substitute for sour cream on things. I also mix the FF Ranch Dip packets into it to make tast low fat dip.
1.gif

Steph - So glad you had a nice day! And I''m also so glad I''m not the only one to already have a Christmas list going. My husband thinks I''m nuts...
santaclause.gif

Go Tacori! Good for you for setting a goal for yourself. I have a bunch of recipes on my computer - let me get my act together and I''ll start a thread with them for you! Cookinglight has already been mentioned, and it''s great. Kraft.com has a lot of good, quick recipes too. There''s a site called Greenlightbites that is run by a really neat lady that has a TON of quick, easy, recipes too. She''s a former WWer, and her recipes are all really diet friendly. Her son helps her out too, and he''s freaking adorable, LOL!

Vizsla - Your before and after pics are amazing! I have to agree that it really doesn''t look like you''re eating enough. I''d starve on that amount of food, and I don''t work out half as much as you do! Actually, I don''t work out 1/4 as much as you do, LOL!
What about adding nuts, eggs and beans as sources of protein?

Dee - Shoot- I''ll work out with NBA players! LOL! Talk about motivation!

Rod- Enjoy working from home today! Totally jealous!

So, I''m down to 198 as of this morning.
9.gif
I always hated the set WI on Weight Watchers. I mean, my body doesn''t know that it''s supposed to lose weight in weekly increments, ya know? I''m going to just view South Beach as a process, and try not to break it up into chunks. We''ll see what happens!

I haven''t cheated ONCE on SB so far. Still on Phase 1. Haven''t had bread, pasta, grain, sugar or fruit since the 19th.
14.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all. I didn''t have time to read through everything and big apology there. I''m prepping for my aunt''s wedding tomorrow which is exciting! This morning I did the Biggest Loser Cardio and finished and I felt so amped about it. Anyways. I get to be a bridesmaid tomorrow!!!!!!! YAY. I''ll post pics when I get back

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!!
35.gif
Are you all looking forward to a 3 day weekend? hehe
9.gif
Well last night I went for a walk and the sunset was insane; it was gorgeous, all different shades of pink, orange, blue, and purple!
30.gif
I went by myself just which is very mind clearing, ahhhhh!

This morning hubby and I went grocery shopping and I bought some yummy raspberry beer and had to try one, yum!!!
3.gif
Then hubby and I headed over to this local thin crust pizza place and ate lunch! Then we rented up some movies. Sunday we are having a barbecue here with friends and family and probably tomorrow morning I will go walking with my cousin and maybe tonight too. Have a great 3 day weekend.
35.gif
thank you all for the sweet kudos, it feels good to have broken my plateau! hehehe

Vizsla, you are tiny! Which one is you in the running pic? The 1st one? Thanks for the kudos and Oh I LOVE the OFFICE! Dwight is a riot, I love him! haha Your dog is adorable, love the pic!

Hi Lorelei, Michelle (SDL), DeeJay, and Tacori!!!
1.gif

ROD, enjoy your short day and lunch with Charlie!!!! Whooo hooo for sleeping in!!! Enjoy your fab Rod bod workout and Sushi!

MARCY, glad you got done grading papers. My cousin has her masters in Information Systems so she will teach those type of classes this fall; I remember you asking but I don't remember if I answered, sorry. How are your classes? Yay for Labor day!

LORELEI, heehe to Dynasty, anyone thrown in the pool?!?!? Yay for the treadmill!!!

GECKODANI, thanks, yay for fage! You and SDL got me craving it so I bought some today! hehe I have fresh strawberry's too! hehe Yay for recipes, you rock!!!! Love that you are so happy go lucky!

DRAGONFLY, what is the biggest loser cardio? Yay for the workouts and yay for being a beautiful bridesmaid! Have a wonderful time!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy sweetie pie, Congrats for loosing 16 pounds, yay yay yay, you are a hot mama, tee hee.

Raspberry beer?? YUM, what is the name it? I bet my DH would love that, once his cold is over.

Hi Rob and Marcy
35.gif
Hi everyone
35.gif

I am going to the store in a few minutes to pick up a few things for my hubby. It is still so hot here, it was 108 yesterday. BLAH
14.gif
Did I mention again how much I detest hot weather, tee hee.

Will check in later.

Love, Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 3:55:09 PM
Author: Linda W
Skippy sweetie pie, Congrats for loosing 16 pounds, yay yay yay, you are a hot mama, tee hee.

Raspberry beer?? YUM, what is the name it? I bet my DH would love that, once his cold is over.

I am going to the store in a few minutes to pick up a few things for my hubby. It is still so hot here, it was 108 yesterday. BLAH
14.gif
Did I mention again how much I detest hot weather, tee hee.

Will check in later.

Love, Linda
Linda, oh poor hubby, I pray he feels better soon and you take care of yourself, sending you a hug! Wowwwweee, that is HOT! The beer was at Whole Foods Called, Sea Dog Raspberry Wheat ale! I bet your hubby would love it!
18.gif
HUGS, and thanks for the kudos!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Skippy - I''m happy go lucky eh? I like it!
9.gif
I love raspberry beer. Mmmmm. Beeeeer..... Have you ever had Lambic? It''s fruit flavored white ale. So good!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 4:50:43 PM
Author: geckodani
Skippy - I'm happy go lucky eh? I like it!
9.gif
I love raspberry beer. Mmmmm. Beeeeer..... Have you ever had Lambic? It's fruit flavored white ale. So good!
Oooo, which flavor? I saw it at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, it is in a big bottle, hubby was saying it is yummy?!?! Which flavor?

Hey, so if there is no calorie info does it mean it has NO CALORIES?!?!?! LMAO
31.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the support and ideas! My neighbor said she would be my gym buddy in a few weeks (she just had vein surgery) so that is extra support. DH also said he wants to diet which will help (but I resisted yet another cookie cake so my will power is pretty good when I want it to be). I will look into those steamed veggies.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:54:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the support and ideas! My neighbor said she would be my gym buddy in a few weeks (she just had vein surgery) so that is extra support. DH also said he wants to diet which will help (but I resisted yet another cookie cake so my will power is pretty good when I want it to be). I will look into those steamed veggies.
Wow, kudos for resisting a cake cookie!
36.gif
36.gif
Glad hubby is getting on board!!! Hope your neighbor feels better quick!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:09:11 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 8/29/2008 4:50:43 PM
Author: geckodani
Skippy - I''m happy go lucky eh? I like it!
9.gif
I love raspberry beer. Mmmmm. Beeeeer..... Have you ever had Lambic? It''s fruit flavored white ale. So good!
Oooo, which flavor? I saw it at Trader Joe''s and Whole Foods, it is in a big bottle, hubby was saying it is yummy?!?! Which flavor?

Hey, so if there is no calorie info does it mean it has NO CALORIES?!?!?! LMAO
31.gif
11.gif
9.gif
LOL! Just treat it like beer as far as WW goes. I like the raspberry the best, followed by the peach. Soooooo GOOD!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:54:17 PM
Go you! I love cookie cake! Having youy DH help will make it so, so much easier!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday all!

I was good foodwise today (not by choice though -- I just didn''t have time to eat much until dinner)... but then... the HH said, hey, let''s go to that great burger place. Giant kobe burger (no bun), fries, a pint of some fancy German beer. And so that day went to hell, LOL.

My workout today was another "circuit" (treadmill/legs/treadmill/arms/treamdill, with some abs thrown in for good measure). I do so many squats that I literally had to grab onto something on the last one to keep from falling to the ground. Seemed to me I had done enough at that point so I stopped.
3.gif

Gotta go now ''cuz the virus software on our computer is giving me some weird message so I''m going to have the HH fix it. Technology... !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results