shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favourite brand of jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Whatever fits...lol
20.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
ephemery1, check out AG Jeans because that is EXACTLY how I''m built too!! I''ve also found luck with getting Paige Premium Denim wide leg trousers as well, but the AG''s are by far my favorite.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 9:08:27 PM
Author: Mara

it is pretty funny when i ask for a 29 or a 30 and stores in SF are like ummm we only carry up to 28?!?!!
That is seriously depressing. Although maybe equally depressing is needing a size 30, AND inseam 30... something about those numbers matching always feels REALLY upsetting to me. It may be why I''ve taken to stores like Ann Taylor Loft where I can happily wear a size 4 (which would probably be a 6 or 8 -- or 30 -- anywhere else!)
31.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2006 5:10:27 PM
woo hoo kristy!!! i LOVE AG jeans..i already have a junky trunk but they seem to ''lift and separate''...HAHAA.
Haha. I tried them on because I remembered how you raved about them in this very thread. So I owe you girl!!! You''re right how they seem to lift and separate.

Wallermama -- I''ve never been to AB Fits. Where is it? It sounds very intriguing....but maybe I should turn a blind eye since I just dropped coin on my new AGs!

I envy all of you ladies who don''t need your jeans hemmed. Gap ankle length jeans usually work on me, but they rarely fit me right around the waist and hips. Their Long and Leans aren''t bad though.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could wear some of the nicer, more expensive jeans, but since I tend to horse around in mine, if you know what I mean, the jeans I wear get trashed all the time. I have a hard time with fit, too, being short waisted and only about 5''4". The best jeans I have found for my fit and my budget are the Levi''s Signature Stretch in Low Rise Bootcut, Short length. They''re only about $20 a pair at places like Target or Kohl''s, and they come in a few lengths and washes. I feel great in these and can wear them without having to worry about flashing butt cleavage or tugging them up constantly because they stretch fit in the behind and the waist. Plus if I end up blowing out the knees or staining them from crawling around under my horse treating hooves or riding or cleaning in the barn, they are cheaper to replace.

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
I really like the Calvin Klein jeans I bought at Marshall Field''s (which is about as expensive as it gets around these parts). They were $70 on sale for $40. I''m one of those people that actually likes a little bit of a higher rise, but without the "mom jean" look. These have a higher rise with a flare that is good for wearing my heels with. Basically, I get to be cute without worrying about what my dad calls "plumber butt"...
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow - I''m so glad I read this thread before I went jeans shopping yesterday - so many helpful tips!!

Although I have to say, the AG''s didn''t work for me AT ALL. However, Sevens were good, and the real miracle-workers for me were Joe''s Jeans. I''m short (about 5''2.5") and very curvy, and interestingly the style called "muse" and the classic "socialite" style worked better for me than the "honey" ones that are supposed to be for curvy girls. of course, they are all about 3" too long, but that''s easy enough to solve. So for all those other curvy short girls out there, if you''re still looking you might want to try Joe''s Jeans.

Also, I was able to find one of the styles on eBay - I literally tried on the same pair at Nordstrom''s for $180, but got them for $70 including shipping on eBay!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love both AG and Seven''s Jeans. I have NO hips but somehow with the way the designers pattern/cut some styles, I end up having looking like I have curves. This is worth paying double the cost of just so-so fitting jeans that make me look blah. (But, I do have my so-so jeans that are less expensive that I wear sometimes when gardening. . .a few pairs of Gap and Lucky Jeans, but, really, I''m addicted to t.b.d. in Nordstrom, so I hover and find good deals. I did get a pair of AGs for $70!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was at the stylist yesterday and heard the gal next to us saying how she was just at marshalls and they had some paper denim and AG jeans over there for cheap etc. so i went over after my appt and i got a pair of paper denim jeans for $40! regular price was like $150. anyway they are pretty nicely fitted...and what a steal. my girlfriend LOVES pdc and i have wanted to try them for a while so this was the perfect opp. i didn''t see any AG''s but it''s just as well as i have like 10 pairs in the closet. hehee.

anyway the other day i tried on my 7''s from like 3 years ago and they actually fit me now! i find that they are typically better for girls with less curves, though i think if you find the right style they can work. however for my hourglassy type body..the AG''s seem to be one of the best.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was at the stylist yesterday and heard the gal next to us saying how she was just at marshalls and they had some paper denim and AG jeans over there for cheap etc. so i went over after my appt and i got a pair of paper denim jeans for $40! regular price was like $150. anyway they are pretty nicely fitted...and what a steal. my girlfriend LOVES pdc and i have wanted to try them for a while so this was the perfect opp. i didn''t see any AG''s but it''s just as well as i have like 10 pairs in the closet. hehee.
Are the jeans sold at Marshall''s irregulars?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i dunno michelle, they had all the same tags and stuff and it wasn't marked anything special on it that i noticed. i know a lot of times big dept stores get rid of too much inventory at these discount places. typically though i don't care if it's an irregular or not as long as it fits and looks gooooooood.

i also second the others who said ebay is a great place to get jeans, i tend to find the style #'s and washes i like and then find them on ebay. i've gotten some great deals, and i hate hate hate paying full price for these expensive jeans. so they may be $150 price tags in general but i think i have only about 3 pairs out of 12 that i paid full price for.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 3:46:57 PM
i dunno michelle, they had all the same tags and stuff and it wasn't marked anything special on it that i noticed. i know a lot of times big dept stores get rid of too much inventory at these discount places. typically though i don't care if it's an irregular or not as long as it fits and looks gooooooood.

i also second the others who said ebay is a great place to get jeans, i tend to find the style #'s and washes i like and then find them on ebay. i've gotten some great deals, and i hate hate hate paying full price for these expensive jeans. so they may be $150 price tags in general but i think i have only about 3 pairs out of 12 that i paid full price for.
Thanks. I was just reading up on a fashion board and the gals there were saying that Marshall's and TJMaxx sell both regular and irregular and the tags are marked with "irregular" if that is the case. I did check out TJMaxx once last spring, but all of the jeans were American Eagle (which I'm not a fan of) so I didn't look too closely at the tags. . .

But, at any rate, I hate paying retail, too. Luckily with the Nord. anniversary sale, I got a few pairs at discount. Also, my husband's cousin just got a job at Nordies and can use her discount if I can just work up the courage to ask her to pick out $150 jeans for me. lol I'm kind of embarrased.
3.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 3:21:26 PM
Author: MC

I have a pair of Sevens from they, and they aren''t irregular. They were just from the previous season, and the department stores weren''t carrying them anymore. Usually they are overstock.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 4:09:54 PM
Author: Fancy605

Date: 7/29/2006 3:21:26 PM

I have a pair of Sevens from they, and they aren''t irregular. They were just from the previous season, and the department stores weren''t carrying them anymore. Usually they are overstock.
I have several pairs from Marshalls & TJ Maxx, and none are irregular...just last year''s stock! Works just fine for me!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Well, after alot of going back and forth about it, I decided to try on some higher end jeans. I have been struggling to lose more weight the last couple of months and so I decided to see where I was with things in the jeans department. I usually wear Levis 519''s for everyday wear so that if I get something on it that might ruin the jeans, its not a great loss. I also love my Jag jeans, but I wanted something a little more trendy. I found some Sevens that fit me like a glove and I am in shock!

My butt and legs look pretty good in these, if I do not say so myself. I am very shortwaisted so it is a struggle finding something that covers me if I sit and still be trendy.

With a round booty, it was scary to attempt some of the styles and brands I did and not be able to get them high enough over my booty. I did have a bit of drop in self esteem till I found the Sevens. I am still working on my weight, but for now, this is very good...

Just thought I''d share...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know there are many petite girls like me on this thread so I thought I would share this with you. We are doing an article at work "best jeans for your body" type of thing and I was all excited because Joe''s Jeans (with such cute pockets) come in "petite length." Well, even with 4" heels (so I am 5''5 with that) they were too long!
20.gif
So depressing!!!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hey Tacori...I feel yoru pain. I''m only 5 ''2...have the darnest time finding jeans!

I just bought some BCBG''s off ebay...for like $9.00 including the shipping......they fit awesome!!
I figured I would buy some "previously loved" ones to make sure these would fit....
now I know I love them so I can afford to spend alittle more on them for brand new!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 11:49:23 PM
Author: jetmal
hey Tacori...I feel yoru pain. I''m only 5 ''2...have the darnest time finding jeans!

I just bought some BCBG''s off ebay...for like $9.00 including the shipping......they fit awesome!!

I figured I would buy some ''previously loved'' ones to make sure these would fit....

now I know I love them so I can afford to spend alittle more on them for brand new!

I just think it is so funny that they are their "petite fit." Too bad because they were super cute. I''ll have to try BCBGs next time I am in the market for jeans.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a sizing tip for curvy/booty girls who want to own Seven for all mankind jeans.

Try on the guy''s Sevens in a size smaller than you normally buy (so a 29 instead of a 30).

I was at Ketchum Dry Good (awesome boutique) in Sun Valley & the owner hooked me up to that tidbit. (saying I was built like a pro-snowboarder he fitted the week before).

Another bonus...just the right low rise in front, up a little higher in back...no panty peek! wooowoo!

Jeannine

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2006 1:18:26 AM
Author: divergrrl
Here is a sizing tip for curvy/booty girls who want to own Seven for all mankind jeans.

Try on the guy''s Sevens in a size smaller than you normally buy (so a 29 instead of a 30).

I was at Ketchum Dry Good (awesome boutique) in Sun Valley & the owner hooked me up to that tidbit. (saying I was built like a pro-snowboarder he fitted the week before).

Another bonus...just the right low rise in front, up a little higher in back...no panty peek! wooowoo!

Jeannine
HI:

I cannot beleive you posted this--it is what I was going to write!! Tried on a pair yesterday in the size I would normally buy in my fave Miss Sixties, and they looked AWFUL! Made a pancake out of my behind since they apparently were too big--very flattening and not flattering!
14.gif
. The smaller size I needed was sold out (big sale) so I did not have the beneift of seeing how should "look". They would have been very skinny tight......

cheers--Sharon

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I love my sevens, they''re super comfortable. I just ordered True Religions that I''m picking up today (with the twisted seam, so cute!!) Hopefully they fit well, I opted to not get the ones with stretch b/c so many of my jeans have stretch already. I''ll keep y''all posted on if you need to go up in sizes for "rigids" after I try them on.

I used to love Express jeans but lately they make the back pockets so small--and that makes my booty look sooooooo big, not very flattering at all.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I love CK jeans, mid-rise, boot cut. I''m too old to get into the whole low-rise thing, I feel like my hind-end is hanging out for everyone to see! I also love The Limited jeans. I am a size 4 and it is hard to find jeans in that size range. Of course, Old Navy is great too and the most affordable.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 8:59:09 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I know there are many petite girls like me on this thread so I thought I would share this with you. We are doing an article at work ''best jeans for your body'' type of thing and I was all excited because Joe''s Jeans (with such cute pockets) come in ''petite length.'' Well, even with 4'' heels (so I am 5''5 with that) they were too long!
20.gif
So depressing!!!

where do you work Tacori?
1.gif
Just curious.

Scintillating...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

I figured I would buy some ''previously loved'' ones to make sure these would fit....
I''m 5'' 4" and have to have all my jeans altered. At first I thought it was a pain in the butt, but now find that for the cost of alteration (many stores do this for free) I have a much larger range of jeans to choose from.

Oh, and the current issue of In Style shows which jeans look right for certain body types. I can type up later on which look best for those of us who need our rear sides to lift up. I found a really cute pair, but they''re $189! A bit more than I want to spend now!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2006 12:08:27 PM
Author: Scintillating
Date: 7/29/2006 8:59:09 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

I know there are many petite girls like me on this thread so I thought I would share this with you. We are doing an article at work 'best jeans for your body' type of thing and I was all excited because Joe's Jeans (with such cute pockets) come in 'petite length.' Well, even with 4' heels (so I am 5'5 with that) they were too long!
20.gif
So depressing!!!

where do you work Tacori?

1.gif
Just curious.

Scintillating...

I am part of a new local magazine here in Charlotte. We focus on style, entertainment, and shopping. We are currently putting together our second issue. Kind of have a lot on my plate right now
2.gif

ETA: I am the art director.

ETA v.2: a local jeweler is doing a promotion with us and giving away a $500-$1,000 credit. I am SOOOO jealous
27.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2006 1:49:03 PM

I''m 5'' 4'' and have to have all my jeans altered. At first I thought it was a pain in the butt, but now find that for the cost of alteration (many stores do this for free) I have a much larger range of jeans to choose from.

Oh, and the current issue of In Style shows which jeans look right for certain body types. I can type up later on which look best for those of us who need our rear sides to lift up. I found a really cute pair, but they''re $189! A bit more than I want to spend now!

Oh I agree. I hem EVERY pair of pants I buy. They KNOW me at the alteration place. A boutique owner we talked to was so excited about the Joe''s Jeans because she said even if you shorten them the knees are in the wrong place. I have never noticed this to be a problem but it does make sense.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori -- somehow I''m not surprised that you''re an art director.
1.gif
Your sense for aesthetics is very keen!!! (case in point, you''re awe-inspiring wedding set!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2006 3:51:36 PM
Author: KristyDarling
1.gif
Your sense for aesthetics is very keen!!! (case in point, you''re awe-inspiring wedding set!)

awww...thanks you are so sweet. It is a fun job though can be stressful around press time.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

Very cool Tacori.
Your sense of aesthetics is quite keen - I love your wedding band w/ your ering.
Thanks for sharing.

Scintillating...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2006 4:14:33 PM
Author: Scintillating

1.gif

Very cool Tacori.

Your sense of aesthetics is quite keen - I love your wedding band w/ your ering.

Thanks for sharing.

Scintillating...

No problem, I like to share
2.gif
I just wasn''t sure how much I am allowed to say but I guess since I am not a jeweler it isn''t considered self-promotion. I can''t wait to wear the wedding band! 10 days away!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results