shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favourite brand of jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I personally struggle with this alot. I found Levi''s 519''s in either a size 9M or 11M(depending on the time of the month for me!) work great for everyday. They were found for $15 at Costco and I bought as many pair as I could once I discovered how good my a$% looked in them!

My teenage and young adult sons told me that I looked amazing in them so out the door I went to buy more! At my age, compliments on my backside are serious motivators. I am totally addicted to the way Jag jeans in Foster Flare work for me as well. I don''t like the fact that they do not come in a darker denim though. Their other styles are ok, but nothing so far has made impact like the Levi''s 519''s.

I have a short waist as well and have more of a ''lollipop'' figure with me being a little bit bigger on top than on the bottom and my bottom half is more straight up and down. I am working on creating more of a waist but it is really hard right now...I do want to find me a different style of nice jeans though...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow it''s sooo funny how almost everyone has their own brand of favorite jeans that works for their body!!! that just goes to show that the right find IS elusive and sooo personal. trying on some makers of jeans makes me instantly depressed, aka they won''t button in the size i know is mine, or my booty is flat or too bubbly or whatever! but others like AG i am like yeah now that is what i am talking about.

it does take a while to find the right pair or brand or style or whatever, but i agree, when you do find it, buy out the store. as long as they aren''t super trendy styles, then they will last and last.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2006 1:14:57 PM
Author: DeannaBana

I have a short waist as well
I have never had a waist
39.gif
no matter how thin I have ever been so mid rise jeans are a Godsend as they fit so much easier. The Levis are perfect for fit and length, jeans can be tricky as I am tall and they can often be too short like highwaters as Hubby calls them. Not good with white socks and loafers!
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my short waist is sometimes the bane of my fashion existence...regular pants are super high on me and they don't flatter that way as i not only have a short waist but i don't have a small curvy waist, it's kind of a ruler waist...so i need things that fit lower on the hips so that my waist can be free to not have 'added bulk' to it under my shirt. i love low-rise but not super low...aka my best rise for pants is about a 7-7.5" or so.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Abercrombie and Fitch jeans....but I have a hard time finding a pair that work for me. I am short, and curvy.......so its a challenge to find a short lenth that also allows for some hips and booty.....I wear a size 4/6.....and yeah, Mara , I hear ya I get totally depressed when in certain jeans I need 2 sizes bigger than normal!

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
THANK GOODNESS!!!!

I was starting to believe I had an odd shaped body, and that is why I can''t find the right pair of jeans!
9.gif
Now I see nearly all women are in my shoes.

B, my husband, just goes to a shop, grabs a few jeans in his size and pays for it. That is all it takes.
23.gif

He couldn''t understand my struggle, until I took him with me on a "perfect jeans hunt". He went into the fitting room with me and I must have tried on 20 pairs from different brands. In the end he agreed, women have a much tougher time getting the perfect pair.

I told him I will be shopping for jeans this weekend. Suddenly he has a crises at work and need to work this weekend.
33.gif
I should have asked him first what he would like to do this weekend and then dropped my bomb shell
2.gif

Maya

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
When I was curvier, I liked Express, their jeans fit me really well, plus they had them in different lengths, and I happen to be one of those freak-Asians that needs long jeans.

Now that I''m back to pre-preggo weight, I wear clothes from the junior department, and the most comfortable jeans I own are a pair of Candie''s. Another HOT pair of jeans I have are from MUDD. I thihnk both of these are less than $35, and with my non-existent curves, they are perfect. I will never even pay over $50 for another pair of jeans again.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 2:50:58 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
I happen to be one of those freak-Asians that needs long jeans.
LOL!! I''m sorry but that word "freak-Asians" just made me laugh!

Jeans are a sticky point in my life. I have the hardest time finding the "right" jeans. For years I wore $20 Lee jeans until they changed the style and then I freaked! I have been in search for YEARS. Nothing is perfect yet. I have bought several pairs of Sevens but they all had to be taken in in the waist. I don''t even like to wear those all the time because they ARE expensive! How stupid is that? I also have a few pairs of DKNY Ludlow jeans (also had to take in in the waist). Those were around $60.00. To add to my collection, I have several pairs of Gap Long and Lean (again, taken in at the waist) and Tommy Hilfiger Junior jeans. I have tried on the most expensive to the least expensive and I can''t find a "perfect" fit without alterations. It''s very frustrating! If I could find the right one, I''d buy them by the case load!!!!
31.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
old navy low-rise, CK mid-rise stretch. I hate the fact that the low-rise fit the best bc I am always looking for shirts long enough in order not to flash people...so not into flashing the thong. Also I am perpetually eyeing my stomach to make sure the tummy is not hanging over the waistband at all--I have promised myself the jeans are being given away if that ever, ever happens.

I'm the opposite of Mara, being extremely long waisted. Normal shirts are midriff shirts on me!

I tried on Lucky Jeans once and they looked *awful.* Just not working there---my butt looked strange, they just didn't fit right, I don't know what it was. I can't wear Levi's either.

CK's are good, Old Navy is good....I'm 5'8 and depending on the brand about a 4-6 (snug) 8(loose).
I also wear DB's jeans sometimes but they don't do much for my figure lol! Fit, though.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2006 4:03:53 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
old navy low-rise, CK mid-rise stretch. I hate the fact that the low-rise fit the best bc I am always looking for shirts long enough in order not to flash people...so not into flashing the thong. Also I am perpetually eyeing my stomach to make sure the tummy is not hanging over the waistband at all--I have promised myself the jeans are being given away if that ever, ever happens.

I''m the opposite of Mara, being extremely long waisted. Normal shirts are midriff shirts on me!

I tried on Lucky Jeans once and they looked *awful.* Just not working there---my butt looked strange, they just didn''t fit right, I don''t know what it was. I can''t wear Levi''s either.

CK''s are good, Old Navy is good....I''m 5''8 and depending on the brand about a 4-6 (snug) 8(loose).
I also wear DB''s jeans sometimes but they don''t do much for my figure lol! Fit, though.
Ha ha Rainbow--I have the same problem with finding shirts long enough! TG tunics came back in style--they have been my a dream come true for me. I also order from J.Crew''s tall sizes for work--some of their button-down shirts come in tall.

Does anyone else have to do the "yank-up" maneuver when wearing low rise jeans? Before I sit down, I have to yank up my jeans to make sure my tummy doesn''t roll over the front, and nothing in the back is showing, lol!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the only thing about the low-rise stuff is that you can''t have a belly hanging out over it because the rise doesn''t come high enough to hold it all in!! so i really am more conscious about my belly and keeping it flatter to wear the low rise and not get the hip/gut bulge over them! guess it''s a good thing because it makes me work harder on the gut.
9.gif

rainbow and monarch, you lucky long waisted girls, check out abercrombie and fitch stuff, i know that alot of it is cheesy teenage stuff BUT their tops are typically pretty long waisted, the ones that are not cropped etc. for example their tanks are SUPER long, i wear them scrunched up around my hips but for you girls they would probably be perfect. best news is that they are only $15 and $24! i buy up another 3 or 4 every time i go to A&F, they are super soft and they have built in bra ones too that amazingly enough hold my C''s just fine and they aren''t super constricting. great for layering or just wearing on their own and they have various cutie styles. you can check out their website too.

secondly, their sweaters are long too, i just bought a cute low v neck one (meant to be layered) and it''s super long as well and it was only $48.

lastly for more long-stuff, check out C&C for tanks and tees and the like, they are on shopbop.com and the tanks can be pricey, like $35-40 each but they are super long and meant to be worn scrunched, but again if you have a long waist or torso, they would be perfect for you. they are thin, meant to be layered as well.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 4:16:15 PM
Author: monarch64
Date: 3/24/2006 4:03:53 PM

Author: rainbowtrout

I''m the opposite of Mara, being extremely long waisted. Normal shirts are midriff shirts on me!

I tried on Lucky Jeans once and they looked *awful.* Just not working there---my butt looked strange, they just didn''t fit right, I don''t know what it was. I can''t wear Levi''s either.

CK''s are good, Old Navy is good....I''m 5''8 and depending on the brand about a 4-6 (snug) 8(loose).

I also wear DB''s jeans sometimes but they don''t do much for my figure lol! Fit, though.
Ha ha Rainbow--I have the same problem with finding shirts long enough! TG tunics came back in style--they have been my a dream come true for me. I also order from J.Crew''s tall sizes for work--some of their button-down shirts come in tall.

Does anyone else have to do the ''yank-up'' maneuver when wearing low rise jeans? Before I sit down, I have to yank up my jeans to make sure my tummy doesn''t roll over the front, and nothing in the back is showing, lol!
9.gif

Ah, yes, the "yank up"! Usually I make sure to have a sweater or something to tie around the waist, I really don''t want to make anyone look down my bum.

Mara: Neat, thanks. I''ll check abercrombie next time I''m around. JCrew has some I had my eye on as well.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
go to A&F, they are super soft and they have built in bra ones too that amazingly enough hold my C''s just fine and they aren''t super constricting.

oh Mara you lucky gal........after having 2 kids, those built in bras aren''t even supportive enough for my little ole B''s
6.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 3:22:02 PM
Author: didiamond

Date: 3/24/2006 2:50:58 PM
I happen to be one of those freak-Asians that needs long jeans.
LOL!! I''m sorry but that word ''freak-Asians'' just made me laugh!

Jeans are a sticky point in my life. I have the hardest time finding the ''right'' jeans. For years I wore $20 Lee jeans until they changed the style and then I freaked! I have been in search for YEARS. Nothing is perfect yet. I have bought several pairs of Sevens but they all had to be taken in in the waist. I don''t even like to wear those all the time because they ARE expensive! How stupid is that? I also have a few pairs of DKNY Ludlow jeans (also had to take in in the waist). Those were around $60.00. To add to my collection, I have several pairs of Gap Long and Lean (again, taken in at the waist) and Tommy Hilfiger Junior jeans. I have tried on the most expensive to the least expensive and I can''t find a ''perfect'' fit without alterations. It''s very frustrating! If I could find the right one, I''d buy them by the case load!!!!
31.gif
I honestly feel like a freak. Most of my female family and friends (predominently Asian) average about 5''2". My 2 aunts are only 4''10, and my own mom, the TALL one in her family is about 5''1 or 5''2. My husbands 3 sisters are all under 5''3. They all chop about 6 inches off of any pants they buy in the US. I stand 5''7" tall barefoot, and I''m short in the torso, and all legs....regular length jeans and pants are all short on me. I have to wear long. They all think I''m a freak of nature.

kissmyasscher

Rough_Rock
I work in a casual work environment too and wear jeans almost everyday. I love jeans! I wear a variety of makes; Lucky, A & F, Miss Sixty, True Religion, Seven, Hollister, Citizens for Humanity,Paper, Denim, Cloth and Marlow. (My BF loves how my tush looks in the Marlow)

I buy alot at a resale place called "Plato''s Closet". I''m not sure if they are a nationwide store or not (i''m in the midwest) but I find the designer names but not the prices. Think 30-35 for Seven or Citizens; less for Hollister and A & F.

I also have had great luck at places like (believe it or not) Salavation Army!
I was there last week end and found a pair of Citizens and a Paper, Denim, Cloth in my size. Marked 4.99 and all denim was 1/2 off that day! Such a steal and in perfect condition.

I also buy on Ebay. My next pair of jeans has be a pair of Earnest.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 5:02:56 PM

I honestly feel like a freak. Most of my female family and friends (predominently Asian) average about 5''2''. My 2 aunts are only 4''10, and my own mom, the TALL one in her family is about 5''1 or 5''2. My husbands 3 sisters are all under 5''3. They all chop about 6 inches off of any pants they buy in the US. I stand 5''7'' tall barefoot, and I''m short in the torso, and all legs....regular length jeans and pants are all short on me. I have to wear long. They all think I''m a freak of nature.
You shouldn''t feel like that. Be proud of being the tallest one in the family. Did your height come from your dad? Don''t worry about it...they''re all just jealous that you got the height!!!!
28.gif

I know exactly what you''re talking about at 5''7" myself and having to search for those long lengths. Sometimes I think it would be much easier to ''chop off about 6 inches''!!!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
If you want to stay under $100, I reccomend the Gap. They truly do have an enormous selection, with various inseam lengths. Plus, there is almost always one wash of any particular style on sale.

However, my all-time favorite jeans are Joe''s Provocateur. They are amazing. The denim is SO soft. They are simply the petite version of the Joe''s Socialite.

*MIRANDA* At a whopping 5'' (when I eat all my wheaties!) These jeans have been a godsend! I still needed to take two and half inches off, which would make them the perfect length for you! Give them a try!

Munchkin

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I may have missed this in the previous posts...do any of the more expensive jeans that you all have mentioned fit people like me? Im 5''4", I wear a 10 but am hoping to get down some, but even if I do, I will still have the same small waist and big Sicilian butt I do now. I always have found previous more expensive jeans to be more for slender hip/buttless girls or ones who are tall. Of which I am neither
39.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 6:15:19 PM
Author: didiamond

Date: 3/24/2006 5:02:56 PM

I honestly feel like a freak. Most of my female family and friends (predominently Asian) average about 5''2''. My 2 aunts are only 4''10, and my own mom, the TALL one in her family is about 5''1 or 5''2. My husbands 3 sisters are all under 5''3. They all chop about 6 inches off of any pants they buy in the US. I stand 5''7'' tall barefoot, and I''m short in the torso, and all legs....regular length jeans and pants are all short on me. I have to wear long. They all think I''m a freak of nature.
You shouldn''t feel like that. Be proud of being the tallest one in the family. Did your height come from your dad? Don''t worry about it...they''re all just jealous that you got the height!!!!
28.gif

I know exactly what you''re talking about at 5''7'' myself and having to search for those long lengths. Sometimes I think it would be much easier to ''chop off about 6 inches''!!!
I guess I got my height from my dad''s side, but not directly from him (he''s only 5''8). His sisters are all tall (around my height). The hardest part is that I wear a size 4, and most people assume that if you''re a 4, you must be short. I just happen to be a size 4 because I''m built like a 12 year old boy from the waist down.

Anyone here ever try Victoria''s Secret Jeans? Some of them look great, and they come in 34" inseams (yay)!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Joe''s Jeans all the way. I like the "socialite" and "honey booty" fit...I am a size 12/14 and these are the only jeans that fit me well and flatter my many curves while making me miraculously appear thinner than i am. they are expensive. range from $120 - $200. i know this is above your price range, but go try on a pair. you can buy them at nordstrom/macy''s. i''ve also bought a pair on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/DAILY-DENIM

anyhow, just my 2 cents
2.gif
joe''s jeans are amazing, and they are the only ''designer'' jeans that actually fit and flatter a larger range of body types. (i''ve tried them all)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, all this talk about jeans w/ GAP jeans mentioned - I went in and bought! Man are they comfortable & cute! I''ll be curious as to how they hold up over time.

O.K. - an old lady question - what''s the hip fininsh? Are acid washed out? Also, WHY oh WHY are those dopey peg legged being sold again! They are SOO unflattering.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like the long and lean jeans from gap and I like the Levi’s at the Wal-Mart and Target.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
I tried on a few jeans, ok more than 10 different styles yesterday. I went to Marshall''s and tried on Apple Bottom, Calvin Klein and a few others. I also tried on Levi''s and Gap (all their styles)...

And only the Gap Original Boot cut jeans was ok. I bought two pairs for work. The sales assistant told me to take at least two of the jeans in the same size and the same style because they are all slightly different. Why I do not know...but what he said was true. In the end I tried on four of the boot cut jeans and bought the two that fitted the best.

Tomorrow or next week, I will try some of the jeans recommended by Oprah (Oprah Best jeans )

As well as AG jeans, Joe''s Jeans, Sevens and Citizens for maybe two pairs for weekends and the days I will not be working in the laboratory with all kinds of nasty chemicals. (will hate it when a pair of $150+ jeans have bleach marks on them.)

Maya

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LMAO, that was funny!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2006 10:57:54 PM
Author: Cind11
OK, here is something about jeans that is really funny... Sorry I can''t do a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3rA2jOGhGw&search=<b>mom</b>%20<b>jeans</b[/url]>

Well... I guess it IS a link.

That is so funny and sadly sometimes so true. Sometimes I see women with pants/jeans cut like that and think, oh, if only she tried on a different style she would look SO much better!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2006 5:46:34 PM
Author: fire&ice
Well, all this talk about jeans w/ GAP jeans mentioned - I went in and bought! Man are they comfortable & cute! I''ll be curious as to how they hold up over time.

O.K. - an old lady question - what''s the hip fininsh? Are acid washed out? Also, WHY oh WHY are those dopey peg legged being sold again! They are SOO unflattering.

I bought a pair of GAP jeans over the summer, and they''re doing fine so far. I haven''t had them incredibly long though, so we''ll both have to see.

I haven''t seen any really light colored jeans lately. For my school''s night of recruitment when all the sorority women have to wear jeans, my sorority has a strictly enforced dark-wash only rule. I''m not sure if that was because they''re the most "in" right now, or because that enforces uniformity.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I was shopping today and tried on two pairs of jeans. One was a pair of Juicy, size 31. Let me just say the old Silver jeans in my closet are size 31 or 32 and I wore them when I was 20 pounds thinner. So how these 31 Juicy''s actually fit me I have no idea. I ended up not buying them because they were dry clean only (had rhinestones on the back pockets and on one leg). They were actually marked down to $115 from $160 or something, but still. Next I tried on a pair of Antik in a size 32. Didn''t fit. At all. WTF?
20.gif
The rise was the same as the old jeans in my closet (low, but not thong-baring low). Jeez I hate vanity sizing!

I ended up buying a wide braided hip belt (Fossil) and a pair of cute Havianas instead! Saving jeans purchases for when I hit my goal weight!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha monarch see that is what i mean!!! you try on something in one brand and then another and at the end of 10 minutes i am SO over trying on jeans!!! that''s why when i find something that works, i buy another pair or similar just to keep on hand. right now my FAVE jeans are tearing on the BUTT and i can''t find the same ones anywhere, i tried ebay and got a pair that was similar (AG legend with stretch) but with no stretch and turns out the girl hemmed them to 32 and so they are just barely okay for wearing flip flops with...ugh! but they were $20 so i can''t really complain. but i hope i can find another pair of my faves before the butt rips open!!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mara, my last pair of Gap long and lean''s finally gave out at one knee--luckily I was able to get the same pair on sale for $20! Too bad about the AG''s from ebay being shorter than you wanted...but what a steal!

I went on Abercrombie''s website today and found several things I loved--I have never even set foot in that store for some reason, but their tanks and polos look right up my alley, and I can''t believe they''re so (IMO) moderately priced! I may have to go try on their jeans when I''m at the mall tomorrow! (Returning online purchases to J.Crew!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results