shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favourite brand of jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
The only jeans that seem to fit me right now are Seven for All Mankind & Citizens of Humanity...which sucks for me cuz they are spendy! I''ve gotten a few pairs at TJ Max and Marshalls, and Nordstrom''s Rack, but they don''t get them very often or they''re all size 24!

My fave pair of Sevens have a hole in the back above the pocket, which I can''t figure out...how the hell a whole could occur there? I can see the one in the bottom leg hem from wearing flip flops 342 days out of the year...but the other whole is a complete mystery!

I''m almost 5''10, longwaisted....and have skinny legs! Jeans are such a bitch to buy! It''s worth it to spend $132 for a good pair!

People love their Lucky jeans, but I don''t have enough bubble butt for them! Which makes me sad...back to the squats!

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Ok, B (my hubby) wants to know who Mara is.....
9.gif

Here is how my day went:

Went to J Crew and tried on some of their jeans.
30.gif
30.gif
Loved all three styles they had: the Hipslung, Boy Jean and Bootcur. Since they were on sale, I bought one of each!
9.gif
$174 on the credit card. (Thanks Mara for raving about J Crew bikini's in another thread and tank tops - that is why I went into the store)

Went to Gap and returned the Bootcut Jeans I bought yesterday. $110 back on the credit card...

So since I SAVED so much money on the J Crew jeans and returned the Gap Jeans, I ventured into Nordstroms.
11.gif

And OH MY.....Mara was right.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The AG jeans are worth every penny that I spend on it. I couldn't believe how good I looked in them! $143 on my credit card...

The confident feeling I now have because I feel GREAT in my jeans and look even better (that is what B says)...PRICELESS!!!
9.gif

Maya

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Maya...I am so glad you found some jeans that worked for you!! Greg always says that he loves how my butt looks in jeans and I am always like its THESE jeans!!
9.gif
Hopefully your hubby isn''t too bitter at the thought of the recommendations costing you extra $$. Just model the jeans.
31.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I have an awful time shopping for pants...uuugghhh, probably why I own so many shirts and sweaters LOL.
I''m short and have bigger thighs so I have to buy bigger waisted jeans to accomodate my big thighs
8.gif

My favorite jeans are from AF but I guess they don''t make those anymore. I have had them for a few years now. I also have a few pairs from Gap and Old Navy but am not in love with them.
I have to have short length and not all pants I find that I like come in short
38.gif
It''s always a battle when you are vertically challenged
7.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ok......some of you are gonna think I am nuts....but what does AG stand for????? I know AF is Abercrombie......but I dont think I''ve heard of AG before....and where can you buy them?
I live in WI, so I dont have Macy''s or Nordstroms,etc......
thanks!

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
seven''s are the best fit for me... ~$180

ive treid diesel a few times.. but by the time i get them on i cant feel my feet! for the extra $$$ you think they could spare enought material to allow my leg to fit AND have circulation! ....i can almost sit down in them w/o a chair they bind up so tight!
26.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG is adriano goldschmied .... you can see them online at www.shopbop.com or www.revolveclothing.com ... both often have one or two styles on sale!

in terms of where to go locally to try them on, I know that Anthropologie used to carry them but this was a year or two ago so I don''t know if they still do? I''d also see if you have a local boutique (small) in downtown or something because that is where we first found them in NYC...a small store off the beaten path and I have seen them in other local small boutiques.

hope that helps!! i really do love their stuff, they have various styles that work for all body types, you just gotta find your right fit.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara -- do AG jeans hold their Lycra stretchiness well over time? I''m short at 5''2" and have skinny legs, and a soft and flabby waist due to pregnancies. I like how the AG jeans are cut at the waist -- not too high and not too low. My spare tire needs somewhere to go! The AG jeans appear to be nice and snug around the hips and legs, which I like.

I buy a lot Seven or Citizens jeans, but the stretchiness always seems to relax after just one washing (I hang dry, too!). I find that Gap Curvy jeans hold their stretchiness a lot better than Seven and Citizens.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 1:08:12 PM
Author: Mara
AG is adriano goldschmied .... you can see them online at www.shopbop.com or www.revolveclothing.com ... both often have one or two styles on sale!

in terms of where to go locally to try them on, I know that Anthropologie used to carry them but this was a year or two ago so I don''t know if they still do? I''d also see if you have a local boutique (small) in downtown or something because that is where we first found them in NYC...a small store off the beaten path and I have seen them in other local small boutiques.

hope that helps!! i really do love their stuff, they have various styles that work for all body types, you just gotta find your right fit.

yeh it helps!! i feel out the loop! i just bought a pair of AGs and didn''t know it! i got the merlot. love them! i need to get them hemmed though. the place i got them does it for free- yipee!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
kristydarllng= i don''t know if it helps or hurts, but i always dry my jeans in the dryer. the heat srinks them to that just perfect fit. of course, they always stretch back out again after wearing them.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
opps- and i forgot to add.... i also just purchased juicy jeans. LOVE those too. they are my favorites right now.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Guess Jeans are great too, I love their outlet website...but then I am not going to buy 200$ jeans (I was given AG Jeans and just cannot bring myself to wear them, it doesnt feel right to me). Guess Factory

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy, I tend to dry my jeans for about 5-10 minutes in the dryer on low and then remove them and let them air dry , I find that if I don''t dry them for a short period of time that the stretchiness is not quite as stretchy if that makes sense. But drying them for a bit and then letting them air dry seems to work, also I definitely feel like the stretch in the styles lasts, my old Legend favorites that I am desperately trying to replace are STILL tight after 2 years (and they stretch out again after I wear them).

JCrow I think I got the Club jeans in the Merlot wash..love them!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara, I''ll give that a try!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
My Favorite Brand of Jeans?
emsmilep.gif

Oh my gosh .... you know the ones .... Nice medium denim blue ... the ones with the

straight legs .... you know the ones that make your short legs look like you grew about

4 inches .... oh and the waist ... it''s the jeans that cinch in .... and get you all

proportioned with out pinching ... and the rear, gosh I love that pair ... makes your

rear look like it''s just the right handful .... what was it called again .... makes you look

like you lost 20#''s over night ... oh come on you guys .... help me out here ...

I''ve got to get me a pair of those darn jeans!
31.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to revive this thread because I just bought my first pair of A Goldschmied jeans....and now I'm a BELIEVER!
36.gif

I went to Nordstrom's and tried on my usual brands (Seven for all mankind, Citizen) and they just didn't compare to the AGs! The color wash was dark and perfect, the denim quality was excellent (noticeably softer than other brands), and the fit was wonderful! It made my junkless trunk look, well, like there might be a little bit of junk in there!
9.gif
Of course, they were about 12 inches too long so I needed the store tailor's help (gotta love Nordie's free alterations!) but I'm used to that. The price tag was painful, but a good pair of jeans works WONDERS for your overall shape. Worth every penny, I say!
1.gif

Just had to share.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo kristy!!! i LOVE AG jeans..i already have a junky trunk but they seem to ''lift and separate''...HAHAA.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Anyone remember Sicily Jeans??? Now I''m showing my age. Or Jordache??
face21.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty much the only jeans that fit my body (translation short and squat, LOL!) are either Tommy Hilfinger or Polo. Both cropped length (did I mention the "short" part???) and "boyfriend fit" so they have a wider waist.

Oh, to be tall and thin...

Or maybe just tall...

Or just thin...

40.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I like AG jeans too but my favorites right now are definitely Blue Cult (True Religions are good too). They are all way too pricey and I HATE spending good money on jeans since they do me no good for work but alas, a good fit is hard to find. I don''t understand how Seven jeans are soo popular bc they seem to fit everyone around me well except for ME. Glad others on here agree.
5.gif

Gap jeans come in handy as well-- long and lean (even though I''m short) are my faves and also bootcut jeans. I used to wear a lot of AF jeans but I''m not sure if they slowly changed their styles or my butt has gotten too big to fit them well.
40.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky Jeans, Wonder fit.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Gap are my current fave.. They made ultra-low curvy jeans for ONE "season" (About 6 weeks) and then stopped making them. I wrote a whole thread about those.. I LOVED THEM.. but I have since also come to love the Gap "Long and Lean"..which are much easier to find..

USED to LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Express Cetines.. had about 97 pairs.. Most of them don''t fit me anymore.. and even the ones that do, I feel like they might be a little TOO low rise for me now.. (I''m all about low rise,, but you can NOT sit down or bend over in those babies).. They don''t make those anymore either and I was not thrilled with any of the replacements.. Also have one pair of Express Sarula jeans (one notch up in the rise so they''re not quite as hard deal with) LOVE them.. and the pair I got was so SOFT.. but again.. discontinued..

I have tried on 7''s and Lucky''s and am just NOT impressed. I wouldn''t buy them for $30.. let alone $130-$180..

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got to try the AG''s. I have just thinned out my jeans and am down to squat.

Bay area gals, have any of you been to the denim mecca, AB Fits? They are known to be the place where any one can find their perfect jean. I''ve never been...keep waiting for my postpartum rolls to turn into little breadsticks...but I''ve always heard it is THE BEST. Just look at the list of denim they carry! I think my size would be at the top of their SF-fit-n-skinny clientele list.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no i havent been there wallermama but it sounds interesting!!!

i tend to be kind of a one jean pony...i find something that works for me and i dont want to look around anymore because i hate trying on endless piles of jeans!! hehee.

it is pretty funny when i ask for a 29 or a 30 and stores in SF are like ummm we only carry up to 28?!?!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 9:08:27 PM

i tend to be kind of a one jean pony...i find something that works for me and i dont want to look around anymore because i hate trying on endless piles of jeans!! hehee.

it is pretty funny when i ask for a 29 or a 30 and stores in SF are like ummm we only carry up to 28?!?!!
That is just wrong!!!!!! lol
37.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock

I hear that is what makes this store the mecca... They are like jeans therapists and know which jeans to put on you by asking what you like and sizing you up. Haven''t you ever had one of those brilliant sales people? That look at you and say..."I know just what you need" and whisk off and come back with the perfect thing. I''d pay $2,000 for a pair of jeans that was selected without the 30 pair jean discard pile. Bleck.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So that''s where are the short jeans are--in SF with you! ''Cuz god knows they''re not here in Chicago where *I* ned them!!!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love love love my AG Jeans. I never pictured myself spending $120 on a pair of jeans, but I love them so much they are well worth it!!!

Finding jeans for my pear shaped body is the most agonizing process ever!!! Just like Sir-Mix-A-Lot says, Little in the Middle, but you got much back. My AG jeans are the first pair I''ve tried on in a year that haven''t let my rear end hang out when I sit down. And with heels, they are the absolutely perfect length without hemming.

I have also had good luck with jeans from H&M.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I will have to look into AG jeans

My favorites are Sevens and Citizens (I have 2 pairs of each), and I love them because they fit EVERYWHERE and they are long enough. I have a huge problem finding jeans that are long enough for me. Gap has long jeans, but they don''t fit me correctly. I can wear express jeans sometimes and Abercrombie jeans (but I feel I''ve gotten too old for abercrombie now that I''m out of college). ANyway, I DEFINATELY can justify spending the money for nice jeans because they last forever and look ah-mazing. Plus I can wear jeans to work on Fridays (yay) and want them to look nice and professional.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a favorite pair, currently...
39.gif

I''m one of those disproportionate pear-people... long and lean upper body, short and squat lower body. That translates to 5''5", about 125-130lbs, but most of that weight just sits right on my thighs... not my waist, not my butt... my thighs. Lovely.

In the past, I''ve found Abercrombie jeans that worked for me... maybe some Levi''s... and I think I liked a pair of James jeans for a short while. But I would LOVE recommendations if anyone has a similar body type... cheap, expensive, whatever! I''m open to anything and mildly desperate at this point...
32.gif
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results