shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your ring size? What's your SO's?

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
My rings are a 9. My DH wears an 8 1/2. At my heaviest, my e-ring was up to a 11. I ended up having to replace the setting when I lost weight because it had been sized up and down so much.

When I ordered my plain 2mm band from Blue Nile, they had to special order it as I wanted a 9 1/2 and the sales rep asked if I was sure my husband wanted such a thin band as it was non-returnable. When I told her it was for me there was a long pause at the end of the line. Another time, I had my e-ring and my diamond WB around my neck on a chain because I had come from the nail salon and stopped to pick up some tailoring. The tailor was eying my rings and asked me if they were my grandfather's. I told him no, they were mine and he didn't believe me because he said that women's hands were not that big. :errrr:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrsacornblue|1341626524|3229891 said:
My rings are a 9. My DH wears an 8 1/2. At my heaviest, my e-ring was up to a 11. I ended up having to replace the setting when I lost weight because it had been sized up and down so much.

When I ordered my plain 2mm band from Blue Nile, they had to special order it as I wanted a 9 1/2 and the sales rep asked if I was sure my husband wanted such a thin band as it was non-returnable. When I told her it was for me there was a long pause at the end of the line. Another time, I had my e-ring and my diamond WB around my neck on a chain because I had come from the nail salon and stopped to pick up some tailoring. The tailor was eying my rings and asked me if they were my grandfather's. I told him no, they were mine and he didn't believe me because he said that women's hands were not that big. :errrr:
:-o Jerks all around, I say!

After reading all these responses, I must say that ring sizes remain bizarre to me. I wear my grandmother's ring as my RHR, she left it to me when she died. She was maybe five feet tall, and weighed I don't know, 80 lbs soaking wet. I'm so much bigger than she was, and weigh twice as much as she did, yet our ring sizes are the same!

Here's a good visual. Two very different body types, same 5.5 ring size! :cheeky:
helgastiny.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
My ring size is 8.25, but hopefully it will be going down as I lose weight....it already went down one size over the last year when I lost 40 lbs. DH wears a size 9, so we are pretty close in ring size.

ETA-Mrsacornblue, I am sorry to hear that people have been so mean about your ring size, I also have encountered it occasionally. :nono: And Haven, what a great picture of your grandmother and you, you look beautiful!

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
I wear a 3.25 (yes, I get a lot of disbelieving looks from jewelers...) and DH wears a 10.

I do believe 10 is the common stock size for men because when we bought our wedding bands, he tried it on, paid for it and took it home. While I had to have mine custom ordered, of course.

And ditto to Haven on the proportions, except I also have tiny feet. I'm 5'7", so not exceptionally tall but along with my itty bitty hands I wear a size 6 shoe. It's like my hands and feet belong on an 8 year old. DH's size makes much more sense, though. He's average height and pretty average build and wears a 10 or 10 1/2 shoe.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
4.5, JD is 11. I wear size 6 shoes, he wears 11's. Before the kids came my ring size was 4. My fingers are short and look like little kid hands.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I wear a size 4 and DH wears a size 9. I'm 5'7" and have size 8 1/2 feet but I have a fairly small frame so I think that's where the small fingers come from. DH is on the thin side as well and is probably only 2 inches or so taller than me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1341533673|3229215 said:
NewEnglandLady|1341533269|3229212 said:
I'm an 8 and DH is a 7. So embarrassing for me!

ETA: I think my father is a 10. I wonder if that is the average size for a man. Do men's rings come stocked in a particular size? Aren't most women's rings stocked in a 6.5?

Huh, how odd - I've honestly never thought about that! It would make sense though - I wonder what the men's stock usually is?

Men's stock size is a 10! That is average I believe.

I am a 6.5 and hubby is a 10.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1341627364|3229901 said:
Mrsacornblue|1341626524|3229891 said:

:-o Jerks all around, I say!

After reading all these responses, I must say that ring sizes remain bizarre to me. I wear my grandmother's ring as my RHR, she left it to me when she died. She was maybe five feet tall, and weighed I don't know, 80 lbs soaking wet. I'm so much bigger than she was, and weigh twice as much as she did, yet our ring sizes are the same!

Here's a good visual. Two very different body types, same 5.5 ring size! :cheeky:
helgastiny.jpg

I know, there seems to be no correlation whatsoever!
Here's a past thread trying to correlate shoe size and ring size but again no strong connection there either.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/correlation-between-shoe-size-ring-finger-size.157710/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/correlation-between-shoe-size-ring-finger-size.157710/[/URL]

I wear a size 6 ring (left hand) and my dh wears a 9.5.

ETA: Love your wedding dress Haven! And your grandmother looked adorable! My grandma was petite (under 5 feet) too.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven - YOU SHOULD BE A MODEL!! you are stunning - and your grandmother looks as sweet as anything! I'll bet she was very proud of you and loved you to bits!!

Mrsacornblue- that was *incredibly* rude of the BN sales person and the tailor!! It always amazes me when people say crazy things ...

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! My large hands used to bother me but I'm 5'6 and do not have a petite frame. I think my hands are fairly proportional and I try to see them as a positive rather than something to be embarrassed about. However, I am still amazed at some of the small finger sizes here!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I'm 4.25 on LH ring fingerr and 4.75 on RH ring finger. DH is an 11 (i think) on his LF ring finger.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
My wedding set is a 7.75, my RHRs are 7-7.5s.
DH's wedding band is a 9.5.

Zinia

Rough_Rock
I live in India, and within India I live in Kolkata and my would be Husband live in Bangalore. I need to buy a ring for him but he has sent me a size for his ring from Bangalore which is "crown plastic 24" but here in Kolkata everyone is asking for some iron ring size not the plastic ring size. Can you please tell me which size of iron ring is equivalent of "crown plastic 24"?
--------------------------
Zinia Dutta Gupta

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm a 5.75 and DH I think is a 7.

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My husband and I are both 8.5. He lost a wedding band, then we found it (thankfully it was an inexpensive one), but we'd replaced it in the meantime. I wear it sometimes when I'm going to be knocking around and don't want to wear my diamonds.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a size 5 and he's a size 10. I'm 5'4 and he's 5'10. I wear a size 6 shoe and he wears a size 12.5.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I wear a 4.75 in cold winters (which has been non existent in Florida this year) and 5 regularly.
Dh wears 10.5.
My shoe size is 2.5 youth, which kind of equals to 4.5 womans. Youth fits me better since its slimmer - adult shoes are too wide.
Dh wears 11 shoes.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I'm a 5.5-6 depending on width of the ring and weather. FI is a size 8 I think but has really short fingers so I think we're going with a 4mm band for him!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a 5 in 2mm width and prefer a larger size for thicker bands. 6 is too big for a band of any thickness, though.

FI wears a 12!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a 4, DH is an 8.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zinia|1390559604|3600122 said:
I live in India, and within India I live in Kolkata and my would be Husband live in Bangalore. I need to buy a ring for him but he has sent me a size for his ring from Bangalore which is "crown plastic 24" but here in Kolkata everyone is asking for some iron ring size not the plastic ring size. Can you please tell me which size of iron ring is equivalent of "crown plastic 24"?
--------------------------
Zinia Dutta Gupta

not sure, but can you use a printable ring sizer? or string? http://www.lumeradiamonds.com/files/ring_sizer.pdf

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1341584142|3229438 said:
I wear a 5.5-6 and I think my BF is a 7 or 7.5 (he never allows me to measure him - I think he believes I would get certain "ideas").

:lol: in case you might slip one on him in the middle of the night!! I'm sure it's nothing like that.

My husband had never worn a piece of jewellery ever until we got our wedding bands, so if I had tried to measure his hands before he would have been genuinely perplexed thinking why are we playing this game when I can be doing xyz instead of putting things on my finger that may get stuck!!

blingyjules

Rough_Rock
I'm a size 8.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
My ring size is 8-8.5 and I like my rings loose. FI is a 9.5.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring size is 5.25 to 5.5, my husbands is 9.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring size is 6.75 and my husband's is 8.5.

DNB

Rough_Rock
Mine is 5.5 (it was 4.75 when I got married 32 years ago) and DH wears an 8.5.

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
I guess I have the smallest ring size so far.
I'm a size 3, had my finger measured in the middle of summer when hopefully my finger's at its most swollen.
Not sure about my SO's ring size yet!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results