carat
color
clarity

Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Else

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Els

The airport isn't exactly the cleanest place and you put your head on your pillow many hours a night....

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

missy|1437129736|3904001 said:
It is comforting hearing about all the things that bother others because it confirms that I am not being overly picky or difficult. Most of these things bother me too! Again it all comes down to people being inconsiderate, rude, self absorbed but not self aware and clueless.

The only thing I am like :confused: about is the pillow thing. Momhappy, why does it bother you if someone brings their pillow with them on a trip? Am I missing something? Not trying to be rude at all I am just genuinely curious why it bothers you and perhaps others?

I've seen people (usually younger people like teens or young adults) bring a full size bed pillow to the airport. By the way, these are usually the same people that are wearing pajamas in public…. Often times it looks like it is the pillow that they sleep on every night. I don't want to sit next to your bed pillow on the airplane. I see no need for it and I think it's sloppy.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I show up at the airport ready to fly in style! Spongebob Squarepants pajama pants, cotton old man style Hanes tee, my travel pillow, and eye mask :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1437136556|3904021 said:
It is comforting hearing about all the things that bother others because it confirms that I am not being overly picky or difficult. Most of these things bother me too! Again it all comes down to people being inconsiderate, rude, self absorbed but not self aware and clueless.

The only thing I am like :confused: about is the pillow thing. Momhappy, why does it bother you if someone brings their pillow with them on a trip? Am I missing something? Not trying to be rude at all I am just genuinely curious why it bothers you and perhaps others?

I've seen people (usually younger people like teens or young adults) bring a full size bed pillow to the airport. By the way, these are usually the same people that are wearing pajamas in public…. Often times it looks like it is the pillow that they sleep on every night. I don't want to sit next to your bed pillow on the airplane. I see no need for it and I think it's sloppy.

OK so I misunderstood. I travel with my pillow in my suitcase for use in the hotel room because I don't like the hotel pillows. Clean pillowcase and all. Never unpack it till I get to the hotel. I cannot sleep on planes or in the airport anyway.

Elliot86|1437138539|3904027 said:
I show up at the airport ready to fly in style! Spongebob Squarepants pajama pants, cotton old man style Hanes tee, my travel pillow, and eye mask :lol:

Haha Elliot, more power to you girlfriend LOL. I wish I could sleep at the airport. Haha I can picture you now. I cannot imagine ever doing that myself but maybe it is like my good friend Kristie said. That those of us in the NE are way more formal than the rest of the country. Even when I am very sick and have to go to the doctor's I get dressed up LOL. You go girl!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That "song" where an androgynous voice whines over and over again: "Say something... I've giving up on you... Say something... I'm giving up on you... Say something... I've giving up on you..."

OK, LOOK, he/she/it hasn't said anything yet and you've been begging for what seems like a fvcking hour now... GIVE THE HE!! UP!!!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Mayk|1437076774|3903752 said:
The NY diamond retailer that thinks loupe troop is for him to post a bunch of stuff on. Go away! :angryfire: I like to see Roger Deary on there and all the PS stuff. But not that guys stuff with his photo shopped photos.

Now that you mention it. That irks me as well. I DID think I was the only one. Hopefully he'll give up and go away.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

missy|1437139211|3904031 said:
momhappy|1437136556|3904021 said:

OK so I misunderstood. I travel with my pillow in my suitcase for use in the hotel room because I don't like the hotel pillows. Clean pillowcase and all. Never unpack it till I get to the hotel. I cannot sleep on planes or in the airport anyway.

Elliot86|1437138539|3904027 said:

Haha Elliot, more power to you girlfriend LOL. I wish I could sleep at the airport. Haha I can picture you now. I cannot imagine ever doing that myself but maybe it is like my good friend Kristie said. That those of us in the NE are way more formal than the rest of the country. Even when I am very sick and have to go to the doctor's I get dressed up LOL. You go girl!

I can certainly understand packing a pillow for use at your destination (especially if it's a hotel), but yes, I was referring to using a standard size bed pillow on an airplane.
When I fly, I wear nice clothes (much like I do anywhere in public) - nice jeans or pants, a short sleeve shirt, a blazer or cardigan, and sandals or flats. My DH usually wears khakis & a blazer. The kids wear nice (but comfortable - no pinching waist bands, itchy tags, etc.) clothes too. I understand wanting to dress for comfort, which is why we dress in layers for the changing temps, etc., but I don't understand why people wear pajamas in public. It's not my thing, but if it's your thing, then it's your thing... :lol: That's what makes this thread so interesting. What bugs one person may not bug another!!! =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay|1437141872|3904043 said:
That "song" where an androgynous voice whines over and over again: "Say something... I've giving up on you... Say something... I'm giving up on you... Say something... I've giving up on you..."

OK, LOOK, he/she/it hasn't said anything yet and you've been begging for what seems like a fvcking hour now... GIVE THE HE!! UP!!!

HAHAHA this made my day! :appl: :lol:

cheers--Sharon

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay|1437141872|3904043 said:

Every single time I am in Walmart that song comes on!!! I am starting to get a little creeped by it.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I always wear yoga pants on the plane haha. I feel like its a (small, tiny) step up from pj pants :lol:

And if we're going somewhere warm, I usually just wear flip flops too.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know there are people in my life who give my wardrobe choices major side-eye sometimes, it's ok. I don't dress for them and they don't dress for me.

Most music on the radio bugs me. I have been hearing Ghost Town by Adam Lambert seemingly on a loop all summer. The whistling part of it is just dreadful. Techno beat and whistling :errrr:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Oh my goodness, I probably have too many to list. [emoji4]

-the phrase "om nom nom" to mean something is delicious. I hate it. Sounds very childish to me.

-people who turn into the wrong lane

-poor spelling/writing in general

-over posting/sharing on Facebook

iLander

Ideal_Rock

People who take tiny pictures of their stuff. Like the ring or whatever, is off in the distance. Come on, please let us seeeee it!

When people don’t tell us where they got stuff. This happens more in CS than in SMTB, and it annoys me in both places. I want to know because I want to check out that source!

I would love it if people with diamonds would more often mention the millimeter sizes of their stones. I’m from Colored stones, I don’t know from carats. :confused:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I was at the mall today and was reminded of a couple of other things that bug me :lol:
-Loud car music. As in BLASTING/THUMPING with the windows rolled down.
-Stores that use fragrance as a marketing tool. I don't know how they do it, but you can smell the perfume as you approach the store. There are two stores in my mall that do this: Abercrombie & Altar'd State. The perfume is sooooooo strong that I hold my breath as I go by because I'm not good with strong perfumes (it can give me headaches).

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

-Flip flops in a sit-down restaurant really bug me, especially if they are kicked off during a meal! If you're grabbing a quick bite at a fast food restaurant, or drive thru, flip flops are fine, but if you're taking the time to sit in a restaurant and order off a menu, wear shoes that stay on your feet. I don't need to see the soles of your feet while I eat!

-frayed hems on jeans, and people who don't hem their pants to correct length and just trample on the hems, making them grubby and frayed.

-I mentioned in previous thread, and this continues to bother me....bra straps, and thongs exposed everywhere! Please wear appropriate undergarments ladies, and if you MUST show bra straps, make sure they are clean. I have seen too many grayish yucky bra straps in this lifetime.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't even know those songs...and now I'm quite sure I'm not going to look them up either!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

-Hearing "supposably."
-Seeing someone putting her bare feet up on the car dash, often right over the A/C vent. So gross.
-Seeing a person something and then lick/suck all 10 of his fingers. Ugh.
-Having an entire store aisle blocked off by an idiot shopper and her cart.
-When people walk 3-4 people abreast and block off the entire sidewalk.
-Diners in high-end restaurants who take pictures of every single course they eat.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

blingbunny10|1437157367|3904158 said:
-Hearing "supposably."
-Seeing someone putting her bare feet up on the car dash, often right over the A/C vent. So gross.
-Having an entire store aisle blocked off by an idiot shopper and her cart.Hate, hate, hate this! Do they think they are the only
person shopping in the whole store? People just seem so oblivious...why haven't people/kids been taught to be more self aware???

-Diners in high-end restaurants who take pictures of every single course they eat.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

blingbunny10|1437157367|3904158 said:
-Hearing "supposably."
-Having an entire store aisle blocked off by an idiot shopper and her cart.

Agree on ALL of these!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hate it when I am surfing on pinterest and there is a pin that advertises that it has some incredible knowledge about gardening, then you take the time to click and navigate to the blog and it is THE most basic, textbook gardening information you have ever seen. I am talking gardening 101. These people are making major bank on their blogs for sharing the stuff you can find on the back of a fertilizer container or in a really basic gardening magazine. "Find out how to grow the greatest vegetables in the world and combat all garden diseases!!" then you click and they tell you to add compost to the soil. :-o

Or there will be a pin on Pinterest that acts as though it has some sage advice on a personal problem, you click, and instead, it just talks about the problem with no real advice at all. "Find out how to conquer your anxiety" or something like that and you click and it tells you all of the most basic information about anxiety that you have already read on WebMD 10 years ago!

I feel robbed any time this happens.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock

House Cat|1437159118|3904175 said:
I hate it when I am surfing on pinterest and there is a pin that advertises that it has some incredible knowledge about gardening, then you take the time to click and navigate to the blog and it is THE most basic, textbook gardening information you have ever seen. I am talking gardening 101. These people are making major bank on their blogs for sharing the stuff you can find on the back of a fertilizer container or in a really basic gardening magazine. "Find out how to grow the greatest vegetables in the world and combat all garden diseases!!" then you click and they tell you to add compost to the soil. :-o

Or there will be a pin on Pinterest that acts as though it has some sage advice on a personal problem, you click, and instead, it just talks about the problem with no real advice at all. "Find out how to conquer your anxiety" or something like that and you click and it tells you all of the most basic information about anxiety that you have already read on WebMD 10 years ago!

I feel robbed any time this happens.

In extension to this, when you see a pin for a delicious looking recipe that you'd like to try and you click on the link and its just the picture!

I don't understand how people re-pin without checking to see if it is an actual recipe..

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Strangers who think they have to touch me to get my attention. Did you ever hear the words "excuse me"? I don't know you and I don't know if your hands are clean, so keep them off me and don't even think about touching my jewelry or purse.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

There's not much that 'bugs' me to the point of distraction. But I did come upon something that just blew my mind:

I had the need for a temporary handicapped parking permit, which just recently expired. I never paid much attention to handicapped parking, except to be grateful I did not need it.

With my most recent foray into the handicapped parking world, I could not believe the handicapped parking CRIMINALS!! Forged expiration dates on temp permits. I mean, really?!? Healthy people, after shopping--walking up to the car PARKED IN HANDICAPPED PARKING & driving away. Spouse or friend left sitting in car passenger seat parked in HANDICAPPED PARKING, (this one many times) while healthy person runs into store. Have you no shame?

When I had handicapped parking, I just just didn't sorta kinda need it, I REALLY needed it. I feel so awful for older folks who really need it, or the significantly injured--only to find those parking spots taken over by some ya-hoo who just didn't seem to care. That's just so blatantly wrong.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sarahb|1437183838|3904340 said:
There's not much that 'bugs' me to the point of distraction. But I did come upon something that just blew my mind:

I had the need for a temporary handicapped parking permit, which just recently expired. I never paid much attention to handicapped parking, except to be grateful I did not need it.

With my most recent foray into the handicapped parking world, I could not believe the handicapped parking CRIMINALS!! Forged expiration dates on temp permits. I mean, really?!? Healthy people, after shopping--walking up to the car PARKED IN HANDICAPPED PARKING & driving away. Spouse or friend left sitting in car passenger seat parked in HANDICAPPED PARKING, (this one many times) while healthy person runs into store. Have you no shame?

When I had handicapped parking, I just just didn't sorta kinda need it, I REALLY needed it. I feel so awful for older folks who really need it, or the significantly injured--only to find those parking spots taken over by some ya-hoo who just didn't seem to care. That's just so blatantly wrong.
I have a friend who has Lupus and is granted handicapped parking because she can't be in the sun for too long. If you were to just observe her, you would assume she was abusing the system when she was actually in need of the handicapped space. She's been yelled at by people who've felt she was doing exactly that.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You are so right HC, certain disorders like MS and your friend with lupus certainly do look 'healthy', that could of been the case with some of the instances. The forged expiration though, took the cake.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock

Customers who take the time to send me an e-mail via their cell phone to ask me to call them .....what? Why not dial the freakin 10 numbers and call already? The phone is in your hands.

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock

Chewing gum
Someone habitually being a bit late
People sharing long, mawkish "If you love your daughter/sister/brother..." posts on fb
People sharing photos of mangled animals or clearly very sick children covered in tubes, with the exhortation "If you hate cruelty to animals/ cancer share this." Sometimes these posts even have the nerve to pose it in "Are you brave enough to share this?" terms. Yes! I'm brave enough to sit on my fat arse and click share to hating cancer with one eye on the tennis match on the TV. Go me! Take that cancer! I'm prepared to risk the opprobrium and discrimination I will face if I admit to fellow muppets on FB that I don't like cancer. I'm surprised and disappointed at some of my friends who share these things.
People over the age of five who offer to tell me secrets about other people - but I mustn't tell anyone else! I sadistically refuse to display even the mildest curiosity.
Oh and chewing gum again.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sarahb|1437189961|3904368 said:
You are so right HC, certain disorders like MS and your friend with lupus certainly do look 'healthy', that could of been the case with some of the instances. The forged expiration though, took the cake.
Yes! I can't believe people could be that heartless. All because they were too lazy to walk an extra 50 feet!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Grammar and spelling things don't bother me because not everyone can be a smartypants and anyway, many people haven't had the opportunity or the means to get an education.

I don't really do Facebook. I have an account with very few friends, just a handful of cousins, and I rarely log on. It saves me a lot of annoyance in terms of the stupid things people post.

I had to post here when I read about the airport pillows and pajamas. Bouncing off that, I hate it when people use the airport as their personal bedroom. People lying draped across three or four chairs, mouth open, snoring, farting, in a deep sleep. In a public place! For some reason this deeply annoys me. I hope they miss their flight! :twisted: If you could go back to the Fifties I bet everyone was sitting up properly no matter how tired they were, and properly dressed, too.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When people remove the shiny plastic surface protector from new items. Like, on a cellphone screen, watch face, watch bracelet, tv, etc. I leave them on until they start curling. Don't get me wrong, when they start bubbling a little, I do my best to smooth out those air bubbles. I...AM...SICk!!! :wall:

Along the same theme, I need to rant. I still had the cardboard vendor tag hanging on a string from the bottom of my dining room table. It's only been a month since we got it... :oops: we have guests potentially dropping by this weekend to see our new place, so I take a deep breath and prepare to literally...cut the cord. That's when I see it, a u shaped ding on the side of the table top! Like maybe a broom stick smacked it or something! The cleaning lady just left...could it be her? Could it be an older mark I didn't notice? Ugh, it's 1cm to 1/2 inch. The 2 mm of the bottom side is slightly jutting out because the displaced pressed board (grrr... It's not wood? I was told this was oak and oak veneer FML) that was pushed in, busted out a little at the bottom, like little layers. The table is off white distressed.... And I picked this because you see less dust on white colors and if it's distressed already, you won't notice any additional dings as readily! It doesn't matter. I'm sick to my stomach. I go grab my touch up kit for my HW floors. I pick away as much of the little flakey layers on the bottom as possible. I grab the stain marker first to just touch up the darker faux wood MDF or particle board, or assemblers brown lunch bag who knows... I dab, wipe away with napkin. It's slightly more peachy than the veneer. Ok. I next grab a crayon filler. To fill in the cracks. f#%^ I rubbed a little veneer off... It flaked a little... Very sick to my stomach now. It looks a little lighter, with some darkness peeping through. I wipe away excess crayon win finger. I grab the little container of urethane with its little nail polish brush and swipe,over the hairline cracks and crayon. I see that mark. It's there.,l it's there... Mocking me. Yes I paid a little extra for the "plan" at Ashley's, but I weigh how sick and amxious I would feel with strange man or men tromping into my house with shoes on versus the size of the ding. No, the tromping men would be worse for my sanity... I walk away, and try to accept the situation. DH comes home, I show him the mark, and he goes, stop touching it it looks great it looks like he rest of the table and its marks! :errrr: thud... I am writing this post from beyond the grave...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results