House Cat|1437067848|3903645 said:
No Niel, you need to play Legend of Zelda in order to be "geek sexy!"
Nooooooo, I like to play LoZ.
Oh, me too Chrono, but is is makin us "geek sexy?"

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Els

iluvshinythings|1437070211|3903668 said:
Waiting until you are at the cash register and THEN pulling out your check book and beginning to write a check. Double bonus f-you if you make me wait behind you while you write your check and subtract the amount from your balance.

Or, people who write checks at all. I've had to do it a few times (like when I lost my debit card and was waiting for a replacement), and it was such a pain. Why would anyone choose to do that?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1437072366|3903693 said:
Chrono|1437069166|3903658 said:
House Cat|1437067848|3903645 said:
No Niel, you need to play Legend of Zelda in order to be "geek sexy!"
Nooooooo, I like to play LoZ.
Oh, me too Chrono, but is is makin us "geek sexy?"

The concept of " geek sexy" in general is an annoyance to me. If you like anything considered geeky or nerdy that's somehow makes you more f'able. Ohhh she's got a videogame tattoo, ohhh she likes to watch sifi!". Why is it women liking normal things that might be in that subculture somehow sexy. Do I get a lady b*ner when men like Amy schumer?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, these new hyper flushing toilets in public restrooms!! They flush with such force that they spray the toilet seats!!! OMG, I am supposed to sit on that? Or I am supposed to wipe someone's fecal water off the seat? Or I am supposed to count on that paper butt gasket to protect me from the 17 million bacteria that are sitting in those droplets of water?

I will hold it, thank you.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1437072786|3903700 said:
Oh, these new hyper flushing toilets in public restrooms!! They flush with such force that they spray the toilet seats!!! OMG, I am supposed to sit on that? Or I am supposed to wipe someone's fecal water off the seat? Or I am supposed to count on that paper butt gasket to protect me from the 17 million bacteria that are sitting in those droplets of water?

I will hold it, thank you.

Especially when you combine hyper flushing with auto flushing. WHY do auto-flush toilets flush three times while I'm sitting on them? (Actually, I do know why - the sensors are set pretty high, usually, and so they flush when I lean to get the toilet paper, when I wipe, and then when I lean to start pulling my pants back up.) I REALLY don't want to be splashed by toilets flushing.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just feel like responding to a few, so here goes

People who grunt loudly when lifting weights - scientifically proven to help lift more!

Loose hair. - as in, not tied back? Some people call hair loose when it is 'down' and not in an updo. I prefer mine down, but I hate the loose stray hairs that I always seem to shed, and find everywhere!

People who need to listen to music while they clean, while they cook etc (quiet is nice!) I am one of these people! I dont like it being too quiet, and I find the music distracts me when cleaning, and I like to dance while cooking haha.

People who aren't ok with splitting the bill evenly, especially when the party is larger than 4 people. I get it when you're a broke college student and only want to pay for the stuff that you ordered, but when we're all working professionals, it seems nitpicky to want to pay a few dollars less because the entree you ordered was a bit cheaper. This reminds me of a friends episode. I'm on their side, personally. Why should I have to pay a portion of your meal? HOWEVER I know sometimes we will go get coffee, and take turns paying. And I know some people dont like to pay for others because theirs costs 2$ and a venti frap costs 5$. That kind of annoys me, but its the same concept really.

eta - I didnt know people still wrote cheques at a register. I'm thinking of a grocery store or something. Even the most elderly person I know has a debit account and uses that!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1437004054|3903334 said:
SMC|1437003849|3903331 said:
distracts|1437003356|3903323 said:
Also, "I'm doing good." WELL. WELL. YOU'RE DOING WELL.
Yes! Also, when people use "less" instead of "fewer." Like, that old Gardasil commercial with the tagline "One less." One fewer! If you can count it, use fewer!
That's how I feel about I and Me. It's not hard to tell which is correct, take out the other person, how would you say it?!
"A picture of my mom and i" isn't correctcorrect

I always make sure I say "well", but this one bothers me more

Completely agree. "I" is the subject of a sentence. "Me" is used as an object, not a subject. Give the book to Mary and me, NOT Mary and I. Just because there are two people, does not mean that you always use I. Just get rid of the other person and see if it makes sense. Give "I" the book. Does that make sense? No. I don't think they reinforce it enough in school.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who carry on loud conversations on personal topics. When I'm dining alone, I really, really don't want to eavesdrop on anyone's conversation but some people seem to insist that I do... :knockout: .

For several years, before ear buds were normal or accepted work accessories, I sat next to a guy (next cubicle over, that is) who would call his wife several times a day and they'd spend the whole conversation complaining about others - her co-workers, people at the day-care, extended family... on and on and on, and loudly. I sometimes wondered what on earth there was left to talk about when they got home, and then realized that they probably spent that time complaining about his co-workers! :lol:

I am normally able to tune things out fairly well, but some people make it very difficult to do so.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The NY diamond retailer that thinks loupe troop is for him to post a bunch of stuff on. Go away! :angryfire: I like to see Roger Deary on there and all the PS stuff. But not that guys stuff with his photo shopped photos.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

LLJsmom|1437074297|3903717 said:
Niel|1437004054|3903334 said:
SMC|1437003849|3903331 said:
distracts|1437003356|3903323 said:
Also, "I'm doing good." WELL. WELL. YOU'RE DOING WELL.
Yes! Also, when people use "less" instead of "fewer." Like, that old Gardasil commercial with the tagline "One less." One fewer! If you can count it, use fewer!
That's how I feel about I and Me. It's not hard to tell which is correct, take out the other person, how would you say it?!
"A picture of my mom and i" isn't correctcorrect

I always make sure I say "well", but this one bothers me more

Completely agree. "I" is the subject of a sentence. "Me" is used as an object, not a subject. Give the book to Mary and me, NOT Mary and I. Just because there are two people, does not mean that you always use I. Just get rid of the other person and see if it makes sense. Give "I" the book. Does that make sense? No. I don't think they reinforce it enough in school.
I get annoyed by that as well. Also, the use of "alot" instead of "a lot."

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

"reconize" instead of recognize - there's a "G" in there people!

"melk" instead of milk (it's a regional thing I think)

"nucular" instead of nuclear (DH's pet peeve)

and my personal pet peeve... "VETANARY" instead of VETERINARY!!!!!!!!! *slap, slap!*

SMC

Ideal_Rock

The use of baby talk when one is not actually talking to a baby/furbaby.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

telephone89|1437074186|3903716 said:
People who aren't ok with splitting the bill evenly, especially when the party is larger than 4 people. I get it when you're a broke college student and only want to pay for the stuff that you ordered, but when we're all working professionals, it seems nitpicky to want to pay a few dollars less because the entree you ordered was a bit cheaper. This reminds me of a friends episode. I'm on their side, personally. Why should I have to pay a portion of your meal? HOWEVER I know sometimes we will go get coffee, and take turns paying. And I know some people dont like to pay for others because theirs costs 2$ and a venti frap costs 5$. That kind of annoys me, but its the same concept really.
I suppose I get it when one person orders a soup and everyone else orders a steak. I'm more referring to the situation where the chicken costs $3 less than the beef and the one person insists on paying $3 less than everyone else and then $1 less in tip. It's just so nitpicky. I think it more or less evens out over time anyway, and it's just easier to hand the server x cards for x people and tell him/her to split it x ways.

Anyhow, this is just one of the things that bug me, it doesn't seem to bug anyone else!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1437077882|3903764 said:
I suppose I get it when one person orders a soup and everyone else orders a steak. I'm more referring to the situation where the chicken costs $3 less than the beef and the one person insists on paying $3 less than everyone else and then $1 less in tip. It's just so nitpicky. I think it more or less evens out over time anyway, and it's just easier to hand the server x cards for x people and tell him/her to split it x ways.

Anyhow, this is just one of the things that bug me, it doesn't seem to bug anyone else!

Bugs me too!

In my months at Starbucks, I actually had a few times where people would argue over who paid the extra penny if the bill was not able to split perfectly evenly.

Agree with most other pet peeves listed here too.

Is it so hard to be polite and consider others?

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

May I ask a question? What is "geek sexy"? I haven't heard the term before.

Whenever I hear the song Roxanne by Sting my head feels like it's going to explode. That particular song is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me (lol).

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

OK this makes sense to me now. My group is fairly split when it comes to vegetarians, people who always order steaks, big drinkers, those who order water etc. So bills are drastically different. DH and I can easily be $50 less than other couples in the group and that would be a consistent number. If it's a few dollars here and there then yeah, why bother calculating everything out.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Mayk|1437076774|3903752 said:
The NY diamond retailer that thinks loupe troop is for him to post a bunch of stuff on. Go away! :angryfire: I like to see Roger Deary on there and all the PS stuff. But not that guys stuff with his photo shopped photos.

Ha!! Agreed. And I also dislike seeing mass posts on LT from trade members/retailers. The occasional listing is fine, but if you're trade, then don't you have somewhere else to list your stuff? Why overload LT like it's your personal store?? Just my own pet peeve...

katharath

Ideal_Rock

One of my big pet peeves is the Palin family. I wish they would all shut up forever. I actually saw Bristol commenting about what other women should or should not be allowed to use for birth control the other day, and it made my blood boil. WHY oh WHY???

I'm also really really really tired of anything Kardashian...just go away already. I don't understand the fascination at all. I refuse to read any of the "news stories" about them on yahoo, etc, and certainly don't actually watch them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Poodles4me|1437081998|3903797 said:

Whenever I hear the song Roxanne by Sting my head feels like it's going to explode. That particular song is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me (lol).

I don't know if that's my own term but the concept is a very common, just women being sexy by doing " nerdy " things.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Poodles4me|1437081998|3903797 said:

I am more bothered with "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic." Sting ends the entire song with "E O" on repeat! "E OOO' E OOO EOOO EOOO EOOO EOOO EOOO!

Seriously? You couldn't be bothered with some lyrics here? Or is it that you've reached such star status that you can just throw in whatever you want in a song and people will just eat it up?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vegans who aren't in touch with the fact that animals die for their food too.

It is very common practice for farmers to hire hunters to clear their fields of rabbits, deer, and any other pests that might be eating their crops.

Blood meal, bone meal, and fish emulsion are very commonly used organic fertilizers.

When it comes time to harvest, farm equipment grinds up the animals that made their homes in the fields. If they survive, their homes are obliterated and they usually die anyway.

None of this is as bad as mass produced meat but animals DO DIE for vegetable production.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

Vegans who think I shouldn't eat yogurt and cheese. (I am a long-term vegetarian)
A person I know who has been a vegan for decades recently found out they have a severe vitamin deficiency despite supplementation. Their doctor was surprised they were still walking, the levels were so low.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

"Roxanne" is indeed a terrible song. Some may disagree but the "Just like a one-winged dove" song by Stevie Nicks drives me batty because I hate it when singers go "woo woo woohhh"
Same with Michael Jackson singing "ooh ooh" a lot.
If you're going to ooh and wooh around me, you better be an owl.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sky56|1437089211|3903851 said:
Vegans who think I shouldn't eat yogurt and cheese. (I am a long-term vegetarian)
A person I know who has been a vegan for decades recently found out they have a severe vitamin deficiency despite supplementation. Their doctor was surprised they were still walking, the levels were so low.

Vegans who don't eat honey.

We need bees!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who carry on cell phone conversations while trying to do business. Don't be talking on your phone while trying to complete a transaction - grocery store, department store, fast food - whatever. I don't know why people think it's OK to talk continuously on the phone AND try to do other things out in public. Hang them up - no one is having that many emergencies!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1437094037|3903887 said:
People who carry on cell phone conversations while trying to do business. Don't be talking on your phone while trying to complete a transaction - grocery store, department store, fast food - whatever. I don't know why people think it's OK to talk continuously on the phone AND try to do other things out in public. Hang them up - no one is having that many emergencies!!

I have been in line behind people with actual emergencies maybe twice. Them I felt for.
The rest? Horribly rude. I have even heard stuff including "oh... That is just the checker...." Yeah.... Not okay.

Also, I hate it when people block my car in a parking lot because they are standing around having a conversation. Glad they are being friendly and all. Fine. But when the car you are behind needs to leave, shift enough to let them out.

People who put empty containers away like they aren't empty. DH and"A" both do this. So frustrating!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I HATE when friends insist on splitting the bill, but it doesn't seem to bug anyone else. My friends are super indulgent and they order multiple drinks, dessert, apps, you name it. One time I went out to dinner in a group for a friend's birthday. We were going to split his check, which is fine, but a friend suggested we pay for his fiance's meal. too. It wasn't her birthday?!?!?! Perhaps I'm just miserly, but I was so annoyed by that. What I've done lately is use the app Venmo. One friend will pay for the bill and I will send them my portion using Venmo. It saves a lot of frustration.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

SMC|1437077498|3903760 said:
The use of baby talk when one is not actually talking to a baby/furbaby.

What about a frog or toad?

I do it when I'm smack talking my husband too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is comforting hearing about all the things that bother others because it confirms that I am not being overly picky or difficult. Most of these things bother me too! Again it all comes down to people being inconsiderate, rude, self absorbed but not self aware and clueless.

The only thing I am like :confused: about is the pillow thing. Momhappy, why does it bother you if someone brings their pillow with them on a trip? Am I missing something? Not trying to be rude at all I am just genuinely curious why it bothers you and perhaps others?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

House Cat|1437068290|3903648 said:
I can't sit through a song I hate. I have a visceral reaction if I am made to listen to awful music. I don't understand how others can just happily get through a song by Green Day. :mad:

I love Green Day! But I feel the same you do about anything pop/electronic or rap. I want to kill someone if I have to listed to that crap.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results