shape
carat
color
clarity

Teen Mom... anybody watch?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that I have been very impressed with Debra's calm demeanor with Janelle... She really seems to be trying to keep a more level head and give her some positive encouragement! What a nice change!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
OMG Leah... What is she doing? I had such high hopes when she started nursing school and everything, and within a few months, she's right back where she started!!! Good gravy, I really hope she ends up back in school so that she can support herself and her children if she ever ends up on hew own again!

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
I agree with you about Leah. Also, I'm a little ashamed to say, I follow all of them on Twitter and Jenelle is not only pregnant again, she's no longer "with" her husband and is instead with this other guy she was briefly engaged to a few months ago. I have to say.. I just cannot fathom how her mother Barbara can even stand the constant drama. I don't even know what I would do if I were her, except to keep taking care of Jace. The saddest part of Jenelle's story is, this is probably as mature as she's going to get. That's what happens when adolescents have babies - they get this false sense of being grown up, and are legally and socially able to make grown-up decisions, but make them with a teenager's logic. Unless she completely drastically changes the people she's around how will she learn to change?

I will watch this show as long as it airs, however. I know it sounds dumb to some, but I feel invested in their lives and really root for them as if they were girls I know in real life! I especially have a soft spot for Jenelle, because even though her actions and decisions are completely ridiculous, I know a lot of girls like her and wish I could help. It's also a bit like being unable to look away from a train wreck... :lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
fabulousfindk|1359654330|3368625 said:
I agree with you about Leah. Also, I'm a little ashamed to say, I follow all of them on Twitter and Jenelle is not only pregnant again, she's no longer "with" her husband and is instead with this other guy she was briefly engaged to a few months ago. I have to say.. I just cannot fathom how her mother Barbara can even stand the constant drama. I don't even know what I would do if I were her, except to keep taking care of Jace. The saddest part of Jenelle's story is, this is probably as mature as she's going to get. That's what happens when adolescents have babies - they get this false sense of being grown up, and are legally and socially able to make grown-up decisions, but make them with a teenager's logic. Unless she completely drastically changes the people she's around how will she learn to change?

I will watch this show as long as it airs, however. I know it sounds dumb to some, but I feel invested in their lives and really root for them as if they were girls I know in real life! I especially have a soft spot for Jenelle, because even though her actions and decisions are completely ridiculous, I know a lot of girls like her and wish I could help. It's also a bit like being unable to look away from a train wreck... :lol:

Janelle is so frustrating. I feel so bad for Jace, having to live in all that chaos. Did she not end up having a miscarriage?

I'm really liking Chelsea this season. She seems to really be getting it together. Her dad is one of my favorite parents, he's awesome.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1|1358551901|3359155 said:
I have to say that I have been very impressed with Debra's calm demeanor with Janelle... She really seems to be trying to keep a more level head and give her some positive encouragement! What a nice change!

DItto! She's really making a good effort. I wonder if Jenelle's therapist had talked to her? Anyway, I'm sure Jenelle appreciates the change. Their relationships seems a bit better because of it.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1|1359652784|3368587 said:
OMG Leah... What is she doing? I had such high hopes when she started nursing school and everything, and within a few months, she's right back where she started!!! Good gravy, I really hope she ends up back in school so that she can support herself and her children if she ever ends up on hew own again!

Leah is moving so fast!!! Well, it's Jeremy, I think.... Leah seemed content to just enjoy the relationship, but Jeremy seems to be getting committed really quickly. I was surprised that he wanted to move in with her after just 2 months of dating? - especially taking the responsibility of step-parenting twin girls.. then no sooner than he said that he was proposing to her! And talking about wanting babies right away?!! That all seems really fast to me. Jeremy seems like a sweet guy though. I think Leah is just so happy to have a man around who's seems in it for a long haul, that she's willing to move as fast as he is, and is not really thinking the whole thing through clearly..

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sucked into this show too. I was pretty ticked when Chelsea let her dog off lead and poor thing was eaten by the neighbor's dog! Then, she said it "hurt her feelings" that the police officer told her she should have had her dog on a leash. :rolleyes:

I had DD at 17 and I cannot relate to these girls AT ALL. My life wasn't nearly as dramatic or interesting (minus the fact that her dad never matured beyond 17!). My parents were supportive. I graduated on time. I went to college. I got married and had more children. DD is now a lovely 17 (soon to be 18! :-o ) year old young lady and I like to think I had a little something to do with it. :bigsmile:

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
I agree - if I had had a baby at 16 or 17, I know I would've handled it WAY better with much less drama.

I love Chelsea's parents too! And yes I hate to say it and it was tragic, but her dog getting killed was totally her fault.

According to Jenelle as recently as last night, she is still pregnant. She may have had another miscarriage previously? Sigh.. so much craziness.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get confused because the show is a few months old and these girls tweet and they're in tabloids. So, I can never remember if something is happening currently or several months ago!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
fabulousfindk|1359659515|3368737 said:
I agree - if I had had a baby at 16 or 17, I know I would've handled it WAY better with much less drama.

I love Chelsea's parents too! And yes I hate to say it and it was tragic, but her dog getting killed was totally her fault.

According to Jenelle as recently as last night, she is still pregnant. She may have had another miscarriage previously? Sigh.. so much craziness.

Really? Because on her FB page it was posted that she had a miscarriage a few days ago. Or did she NOT miscarry and she's faking it for attention? Ugh.

I had my DD at 19 and every episode I want to smack my forehead in frustration! All the girls seem like GREAT mothers except Jenelle but the guy drama and they are always moving or getting new cars, lol!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

Hahah. My DH was in the room when I was watching last night and he was like "So....she went off her birth control and didn't really tell him....and now she's pregnant? SURPRISE." lol! Crazy.

It really weirds me out that Jeremy and Corey look SO much alike! It's like... just picking a replacement.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
So much to talk about.

This was the first episode where I didn't hate Jenelle. She seems so normal, level-headed, etc. But that only lasted until I saw the previews for next episode, where she's back with Keifer and smoking pot. I also like how she rips on Andrew for not being involved in Jace's life, yet she signed over her parental rights. Nice.

Leah. Leah. Leah. WTF. She doesn't seem to be all that into Jeremy, other than the fact that he's around and is interested. The time to realize you're not over Corey is before you decide to make a baby with a new guy.

Chelsea- good for her for finally passing. She's so much better without Adam.

Kailyn- Never been a big fan. Something about her facial expressions bug me.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This stuff with Andrew is weird... He hasn't been on the show AT ALL, Janelle has had no contact with him, then all of a sudden, not only are we hearing about him (I get it, she needed to do the paternity test), but he's actually APPEARING on the show? It's so weird to me. I'm so happy to see Chelsea doing better. I hope she continues to stay away from Adam, he's such a butt-cheese!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I think Chelsea really needed to continue the counselling so that she could see how emotionally abusive Adam was. I don't think she's really over him - I bet if Adam started paying attention to her again she would be all wound up with him again. The only reason she seems to be doing better, IMO, is because Adam has withdrawn himself. So it's not like SHE made the decision to move on...Adam did, and she's just trying to cope with it, IMO. Seems like Adam is 'her world' and she orbits around it accordingly. She needs to stop pining for him already. Aubree is really cute, though.

Jeremy seems really sweet, but I was surprised that Leah seemed to have conflicting feelings about their relationship, and that if she wasn't pregnant she wasn't sure she would've stayed with him.... ? Okkk....and they're engaged too. Hmmm...I think she's really moving way too fast. She should've taken a good break after the divorce to really sort out her feelings for Corey, cause it's clear she's still confused. And moving so fast with the engagement and baby doesn't help her either - it's not giving her time to really process things.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1|1360330550|3375155 said:
This stuff with Andrew is weird... He hasn't been on the show AT ALL, Janelle has had no contact with him, then all of a sudden, not only are we hearing about him (I get it, she needed to do the paternity test), but he's actually APPEARING on the show? It's so weird to me. I'm so happy to see Chelsea doing better. I hope she continues to stay away from Adam, he's such a butt-cheese!

I read an interview with Andrew and he said signing up to be on the show was the best/easiest way for him to get access to Jace.

Sha said:
I don't think she's really over him - I bet if Adam started paying attention to her again she would be all wound up with him again.

Totally agree. He can play her like a fiddle.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1360343454|3375307 said:
Tuckins1|1360330550|3375155 said:

I read an interview with Andrew and he said signing up to be on the show was the best/easiest way for him to get access to Jace.
Wasn't he just saying that he was 99.9% sure that he WASN"T the dad? Why would he all of the sudden want access now?

Sha said:
I don't think she's really over him - I bet if Adam started paying attention to her again she would be all wound up with him again.

Totally agree. He can play her like a fiddle.

Ditto this. It's sort of pathetic to watch, I don't really get the whole weak woman thing... She's so wimpy when it comes to him. Do you think he sees himself on TV and thinks he's totally awesome? Don;t you think other girls would see him and think he's a total douche?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
OK, so, at the end of this season we saw Leah pregnant and engaged, then she "lost" the baby. Anyone know if she actually ended up marrying Jeremy? Also, I heard something about Jenelle getting married!?!... Anyone have the latest on that inevitable super storm?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1|1361791868|3389819 said:
OK, so, at the end of this season we saw Leah pregnant and engaged, then she "lost" the baby. Anyone know if she actually ended up marrying Jeremy? Also, I heard something about Jenelle getting married!?!... Anyone have the latest on that inevitable super storm?

Leah is pregnant again (another girl)...she must be due pretty soon. And yes, they did get married. Janelle recently got married, but not to Gary...someone else. There was a bunch of twitter drama about it.

BTW, Jeremy is an idiot. What guy would hang around with a girl who is admittedly not over her ex?

And why is Chelsea so orange?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
It's really weird watching the Leah/Corey stuff, knowing what happens long term.

And Chelsea is still orange. Lay off the fake tanner.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
It looks like Leah had her baby early February according to US weekly (not that they are so reliable). name is Addalyn.... I guess her and Corey don't work it out. I was rooting for them!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann said:
It looks like Leah had her baby early February according to US weekly (not that they are so reliable). name is Addalyn.... I guess her and Corey don't work it out. I was rooting for them!!!

US Weekly is totally reliable! They were the first to announce when Britney and justin broke up :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
O.M.G. What is going on with Adam?!? He's a piece of $h*t for her ENTIRE life, and now all of a sudden he's talking about getting some rights... Who is this old man giving him advice? "When you have a kid, you give up the right to be selfish..." As if Chelsea hasn't tried AD NAUSEUM to make things work with her douche ex-boyfriend. I am so pissed as I watch this, I can't stomach it! I hope the judge watches every episode of this show so that he can really see all of the BS that Adam has put Chelsea and Aubree through! GRRRRR! :angryfire:

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
RIGHT?! Adam is SUCH a dirtbag, I can't even stand it. And he always seems to be with that craggy looking biker dude, acting as if he's this great dad.

I didn't understand Chelsea's dad (who I think is just adorable and really seems to be a good parent) giving her advice NOT to get a lawyer and file for sole custody.. I guess that Chelsea is worried a judge will then decide to give Adam every other weekend or whatever, which is certainly 95% more time than he sees her now, but I still think if it were me, I would want it in writing that *I* had sole custody and all that...

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

NURSING SCHOOL! LMBO! That was hopeless. What was she thinking. When you go to nursing school, you only do nursing school. Not nursing school plus 2-3 kids, a reality show, and a marriage or two. You only study, go to school, and sleep. Mountain State University, where she is taking online classes per her bio at WetPaint, is in Beckley, WV, and it was taken over by University of Charleston after the Mountain State nursing program floundered and lost accreditation and I don't recall what else went wrong with that school.

Oh, well. These shows just reinforce my belief that I made the right decision to not have children. I do not want to be Grandma on a reality show, haha!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Just...wow...

1) Kailyn...she needs to chill. "Walk away Javi, walk away." Really? She's getting that upset? I also don't think it's fair of her to move out of state and take Isaac. But that's a different debate.

2) Jenelle- OMG. What a train wreck. She's just mean. You know, and a drug addict. So nice of Kiefer to be there to help out, aka buy drugs. My favorite snipit of the night was when he was shocked they were being evicted for missing JUST ONE month's rent. Grow the freak up.

3) Leah- I'm glad to know they will be getting answers...and curious to see what the diagnosis is. Might have to search online to see if it's been mentioned anywhere.

4) Chelsea- Finally growing up! WTF is up with getting a 3 year old a motorcycle? Adam is an a$$.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow... that last episode was kind of crazy. I am so sad for Jenelle and her son. She has a SERIOUS problem! I just heard today that she was arrested for heroin possession! I am so thankful that Barbara is there for Jace!

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
Agree about Kailyn. She has a 16-year old's maturity level as far as her temper goes. But also people need to remember these girls are *20* and haven't had the structure of college or normal family lives to give them the tools to grow up ..

Jenelle upsets me so much. I just do not understand. This last arrest - assuming news reports are accurate - she was caught with like 13 "bindles" of heroin, among other things. I'm no expert, but that's a LOT - enough to warrant distribution charges. And HEROIN? I mean, this is not a little marijuana or alcohol.. it's just shocking and really sad to me. How does she even function at ALL on drugs like that? She seemed so matter of fact about her bipolar disorder and actually pretty educated about it and committed to taking her prescribed medicine. Doesn't she know drugs like this can permanently damage your brain and psyche?! And I follow her on Twitter - she was out of jail and going about her day, the next day after the arrest, going to a dentist appointment and eating ice cream as usual. I just led a debate in my college writing class about forced hospitalization and I think Jenelle's is one case where this is necessary. Many could argue liberty rights, but this girl has more than once demonstrated she is a threat to herself and others (the police came because of a domestic disturbance; she had physically attacked her husband and he, her) and needs to be in a place where she can't just sign herself out after a few days. It's so frustrating to watch! And I know, I could NOT watch, but I choose to and like to. I don't need to justify it. And yes, I do think Kieffer was a big part of the issue, but the girl obviously cannot be alone and needs support.

I pray for Leah and her daughter all the time. I am really curious to know what the diagnosis is if there is one as well. To think that your daughter might not ever walk is just heartbreaking. My mother is a polio survivor so this is super close to my heart. And she might have made some impulsive decisions in her love life, but she and her family seem to be just wonderful with the girls and especially with encouraging and challenging the one with the developmental issues. I worried from the beginning that Leah wouldn't know to follow up with the right doctors, to keep up with the physical therapy, to keep searching for answers and solutions, but they've done everything they should and more.

I adore Chelsea and think she just fell for the worst kind of guy and hope she can move on with her life soon!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Totally agree! I really am pulling for Leah and her girls to come through everything and be able to move forward with therapy for Ali. those girls are so freaking cute, I just can't stand it! I do think Leah jumped into things with Jeremy, but he seems to be a really loving guy, and really seems to care for the girls. I hope everything goes well for them!

Chelsea is a sweet girl, and I think she is a really good mom to Aubree. I'm sad that Aubree has such a douche for a dad.... I hope he either ACTUALLY gets his life in order, or waves his rights and leaves her alone. No child deserves to have a wishy-washy, loser, dead-beat parent in their lives. It messes them up.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I was reading about the upcoming Teen Mom 3. One of the girls is Mackenzie (from season 4 of 16&P). She was the darling little cheerleader who could still fit into her cheerleading uniform at 9 months pregnant. Her boyfriend was a rodeo guy. I really liked her so I'm glad she was chosen. She was also the one who didn't want to take the pill because it would make her fat. Oh, the logic of teenagers.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1367269717|3436884 said:
I was reading about the upcoming Teen Mom 3. One of the girls is Mackenzie (from season 4 of 16&P). She was the darling little cheerleader who could still fit into her cheerleading uniform at 9 months pregnant. Her boyfriend was a rodeo guy. I really liked her so I'm glad she was chosen. She was also the one who didn't want to take the pill because it would make her fat. Oh, the logic of teenagers.

I remember her, she was a sweet girl. I think I'll have to go back and watch that season of 16 and preg. again to refresh my memory.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results