shape
carat
color
clarity

Teen Mom... anybody watch?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let's all remember that she's not currently enjoying a hard-earned outdoor fireplace -- SHE IS ROTTING IN JAIL.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1345081806|3252135 said:
Let's all remember that she's not currently enjoying a hard-earned outdoor fireplace -- SHE IS ROTTING IN JAIL.

Yep. Couldn't think of a more appropriate place for her. Get her off the streets, so she can't hurt anybody! She needs mental help!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckins1|1345103704|3252227 said:
decodelighted|1345081806|3252135 said:

Yep. Couldn't think of a more appropriate place for her. Get her off the streets, so she can't hurt anybody! She needs mental help!

Yes, she needs mental help. Sadly, she is not going to get any while she is in prison.

She is really such a mess. It is so sad for her baby. :blackeye: Amber does need some serious help though. Everything she does is just wrong, which seems to be reflected in her personal appearance as well. I didn't see the early episodes, but she really seems to have fallen apart, come undone, on a reality tv show. It is sad, sad, sad. At least Gary's mother seems like a good influence/stable person for her grand-daughter. Gary wouldn't win any stellar dad awards in my book, but at least this season, he hasn't been taking Amber's drama bait as often.

Farrah - ughh, she is awful in my book. The decision to move to Fl, leave the kid behind, take the kid back, send her away again is just nauseating. She can't handle school (which as far I can tell is a bar-tending class, art appreciation) with her toddler there. :confused: What? I know so many people who work FT, go to school at night and have a family to take care of. She just seems so lazy. The worst is when she does have her toddler, and she's like, no, no, don't touch that, stop being a toddler, no, and then putting her into confinement in her room when she obviously just wants attention from her mother. I hate seeing that so much, and despite the fact that I hate she keeps sending the kid back to her mom, I think she is better off there! F's mom gives her kid so much more attention. I get that it's all edited and F probably gives her lots of attention, but they really portray her in such a bad light.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I think Farrah is more focused on moving ahead with her personal life/relationships than anything else, really. I feel sorry for her though, because of the challenges she had, with losing her child's father and the sometimes iffy support from her mother.

I wondered about Amber being able to afford that house too, with no job?? It was a really nice house! Leah is really cute. It's a pity her parents fight so much.

What's she in prison for now? I thought she just went to rehab?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sha - Here's an article about Amber and her decision to go to jail and not rehab: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...eals-latest-suicide-attempt/story?id=16514328 Here's my question -- who is advising this girl? Did she have an attorney? Did she talk to any professionals when she made this decision to go to jail instead of outpatient rehab? It is really, really crazy, but seriously, I think she needs to be inpatient for a while, and evaluated and medicated properly for her mental issues. In the article, she said she wasn't taking her medications for whatever her psychiatric condition is. She said anti-psych meds, maybe she meant anti-depressants. I can't believe when she was in rehab that they didn't monitor her to make sure she took her meds. It doesn't say much for that fancy pants hospital that she felt so alone there and that it was so unbearable that she would prefer incarceration! I know that the person who is suffering has to want to change, etc., but if that's what one of her real issues was, then it is just sad that she didn't feel supported. The whole thing is just beyond sad, and I have to wonder how life would have been different for her in MTV hadn't been around. Probably much the same, but with less material things and not as nice houses. :(

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
At the risk of sounding too critical, I feel the need to ask: Why? Is this . . . watching. . . enhancing your life in any way?

These shows are not just bad television (surely you know that they are), but making "celebrities" out of young women who are (for the most part) lousy role models with some serious issues. And most of those issues could have been solved with some tough love from their own parents.

I wouldn't support them by watching them. But I'd like to have a free pass to give some of them a swift kick in the rear end.

I understand the train wreck aspect of watching, but it's a waste of time you'll never get back. Personally, I've got better things to do.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I've watched it - I'm not above it to admit it! Mostly the first season - it draws you in just like any reality show. I always take Real Housewives over it though.

Yes it's trashy TV, but I was surprsed to learn I'm not the only one watching - they're on the cover of every magazine most weeks. Kind of ridiculous I admit (famous for having babies at 16 and making poor choices!).

I liked following the Maci and Farrah stories. Amber is gross to me. Of course Caitlyn and Tyler are sweet and wise beyond their years and situation) but was no one else creeped out by the fact that they are also stepbrother and sister?

I didn't watch as much with the newer season...I found them more annoying, less appealing to watch and the quest for celebrity was starting to overshadow some of the storylines. They also seemed to be trying to outdo each other with who can dye their hair the blondest.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I didn't realize they were stepbrother and sister till just the other day! Agree that's kind of strange and 'incestuous' :) ...but I do admire them overall because of their maturity, especially with the parents they've got. They're one of the more mature couples on Teen Mom.

Re: watching the Show - it's not everything I watch for edification purposes. Some things I watch just for the entertainment value (just like watching a movie), and I see nothing wrong with that. The show is very dramatic and very interesting to watch. Aside from the drama though, as a counsellor - I personally love looking at shows about people's lives in general and the dynamics within them. Also, I know it's argued that the show is glamorizing teen pregnancy but I think it does just the opposite - to me it shows the reality of teen parenthood, with all its drama and struggle and disappointment. If I was a teen, watching this show would make me want to avoid getting pregnant, so I support it from that angle as well. It's true that the girls are getting rich from the show, though - and that's a matter that muddies the waters a bit, I agree.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1345121791|3252283 said:
I can't believe when she was in rehab that they didn't monitor her to make sure she took her meds.
It is your right to deny medications. I work in a rehab and patients have the right to refuse medication (though it rarely happens). That is one of the problems with mental illness. Patients are often noncompliant with their meds. Either b/c they don't like the massive amount of side effects or they don't think they have an issue. There is no doubt in my mind that Amber needs mental health treatment but help is for those who want it, not just those who need it.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I sincerely enjoyed watching Farrah's heart-to-heart with her toddler about why she can't live with her for a month because she "really needs to focus on school and bartending" lolol. I'm sure your daughter understands.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
sonnyjane|1345675218|3255621 said:
I sincerely enjoyed watching Farrah's heart-to-heart with her toddler about why she can't live with her for a month because she "really needs to focus on school and bartending" lolol. I'm sure your daughter understands.

:lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
It was really hard to watch those scenes with Farrah in Texas. I was cringing. Fair enough that she wanted to make sure they were on the same page. But needless to say, her approach needs...work.

Also, not cool with what Maci did to Bentley. This is one of the first times where I agree with ryan.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1345825565|3256560 said:
It was really hard to watch those scenes with Farrah in Texas. I was cringing. Fair enough that she wanted to make sure they were on the same page. But needless to say, her approach needs...work.

Also, not cool with what Maci did to Bentley. This is one of the first times where I agree with ryan.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with Maci... Moving? Pre-school?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1345126784|3252323 said:
At the risk of sounding too critical, I feel the need to ask: Why? Is this . . . watching. . . enhancing your life in any way?

These shows are not just bad television (surely you know that they are), but making "celebrities" out of young women who are (for the most part) lousy role models with some serious issues. And most of those issues could have been solved with some tough love from their own parents.

I wouldn't support them by watching them. But I'd like to have a free pass to give some of them a swift kick in the rear end.

I understand the train wreck aspect of watching, but it's a waste of time you'll never get back. Personally, I've got better things to do.

No one said this was "enhancing" your life in any way... Do you never watch any tv show or movie just to watch?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1 said:

Putting Bentley on the phone with Ryan to invite him to the bday party without first talking to Ryan about it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1345910705|3256941 said:
Tuckins1 said:

Putting Bentley on the phone with Ryan to invite him to the bday party without first talking to Ryan about it.

Aaahh... I just watched the last episode. (I was in Hawaii for a week) Yes, she probably should have cleared it, but Ryan could have said that he couldn't make it and not led Bentley to believe that he was going to go. I don't think she did it with ill intentions, she and Kyle do try to make every effort to bring the family together for Bentley.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Know what else? I have a real problem with Ryan's girlfriend. She really doesn't seem to have Bentley's best interest at heart when she's talking to Ryan. She seems spiteful and bitchy.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with you, amc. I thought Maci was just stirring up drama there for no reason. Ryan did nothing wrong. He was invited to a birthday party with no notice, guilted into feeling like he had to come because he was asked by a cute toddler instead of Maci asking him herself, AND he never even said he would come. He just told Bentley he'd see what he could do, and then later told Maci he wouldn't be there. Maci really had no right to be mad at him for that. In fact, I don't think it was appropriate for her to invite him at the last minute after they had already agreed on their plans for separate birthday celebrations. And just seconds after she had Bentley leave a message for Ryan (before he had any chance to respond), she was already whining to Kyle about having to explain to Bentley why Daddy didn't RSVP. I mean, first of all, give the guy two seconds to respond, and second, why would you set Bentley up for disappointment like that for no reason? Bentley wouldn't be sad if she hadn't created that situation. And ultimately, Bentley was fine, anyway. Maci was the only one who was upset. I don't think Ryan's any great prize, but I do think Maci likes to stir up drama sometimes for no reason, and Ryan gets criticized for a lot of things that really aren't his fault.

I have no real opinion on Dallas one way or the other, but I do think Maci is jealous of her.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1354056998|3316818 said:
Reviving this thread to post the most ridiculous scene from any Teen Mom episode EVER-

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/858366/facing-jail-time.jhtml?xrs=playershare_fb

Amazing. I kept waiting for Janelle to burst out laughing, saying she was joking.

Oh. My. Word. I don't even know what else to say. Seriously? "I'm sorry [hot lawyer] man, I just CAN NOT miss Ke$ha. Work your magic, could ya?" 1. Janelle needs to...grow up, take responsibility, take care of J., respect her mom (and that goes both ways), get the help she needs and take it seriously. 2. Ke$ha's her idol?!

I've caught this show a few times and it's like a train wreck. Especially Janelle's story. On a side note, I was impressed that Janelle's mom wasn't screaming at her as she has in the past in the most recent episode. That woman would drive me over the edge.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
She is an effing idiot. I don't even know what else to say.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, I sat there in shock watching this Monday. I was slightly settled to see that on the "after-show" Jenelle said she cringes every time she sees that and couldn't believe how obtuse she was being.. but how did her lawyer not slap her dumb self in the face?!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Yup, my mouth was hanging open too. :-o I was surprised her lawyer didn't talk some sense into her right then and there. She needs a serious reality check!!! She's totally immature and sooonot ready for the responsibility of being a parent. I think if she wanted to get help to get off the marijuana she could've found it... but it seems like she prefers being high over anything else. Yes, it's her major coping mechanism but she can't hold on to that forever. She needs to realize she's a parent now, after all!

Her mother seems to be making an effort now to talk to her differently. Yes, she still shrieks but overall she seems more supportive and seems to be choosing to ask Jenelle questions about her actions, instead of lecturing her on what to do. I'm glad she had the backbone not to bail Jenelle out of jail too!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
For one thing, the girl has a diagnosed mental illness. Also - she's a teenager. It really shows how *teen* these teenagers are. I was actually more surprised and horrified about the couple getting a divorce OVER THE PURCHASE OF A NEW TRUCK. Divorce! Breaking up the family of these little twin girls because of a minor disagreement! THAT was way more shocking to me than a kid trying to shirk responsibility once again in order to attend a concert. **shrug**

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I watched that 2-hour goodbye special with the first 4 (Farrah, Maci, Caitlyn, Amber, however they spell their names.) What struck me was just how little they had all accomplished in 4 years. I know they are young, but they've been getting paid some $65,000/year for 4 years. And there are other people their age(s) finishing up college degrees early, serving in the military, etc. I wonder what will become of them, even if they do try to get educations and job skills and start actual careers. Just how employable will they be in any normal career. Their lives are so public.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1354135982|3317646 said:
I was actually more surprised and horrified about the couple getting a divorce OVER THE PURCHASE OF A NEW TRUCK.

Have you watched all the episodes? It wasn't really the truck. Leah wanted to move to a place closer to town so that the physical therapist could go to their house, instead of her having to drive the two girls the long distance to the appointments. Cory said he didn't want to move, he wanted a truck instead.

Then, Cory found out that Leah had cheated on him with her ex two days before their wedding. Cory said something about divorce, and Leah decided she would fare better if she filed first.

But you're right, these really are teenagers.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so I was thinking about this a while ago. I don't mean to trivialize Janelle's apparent addiction to drugs, although it probably seemed that way in my last post. I do truly hope she seeks the help she needs so she can be in a better place (mentally) to provide for herself and her son. So while the drug issue is big and one I don't condone at all, I see so much immaturity in Janelle, and that drives me crazy.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Janelle is getting a divorce...after 26 days of marriage.

And if that's not klassy enough, the divorce (or "break up" as her hubby calls it) was announced on twitter.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously? A divorce? Had not read that.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm addicti...i personally think farrah is a train wreck but I want to see happy endings for all the girls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results