shape
carat
color
clarity

So You Think You Can DANCE returns

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHERE IS EVERYONE???

I''m DYING to know what you guys thought of the Tivo''d show & then the Results show!!!!

Put your *POSTS* where my eyes can SEE!!!

3.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well i didn''t watch the results show, but i know who got off''ed. i thought the guy off''ed would have stayed a bit longer...

last night i watched wed''s tivo''d show. loved it. but i was surprised. those that i thought would be awesome, were meh and those that i thought wouldn''t be good were pretty good. loved the carpet baggers choreography!! loved it. the b-girl or whatever surprised me there but i thought jesus rocked it in that peice. and the final couple - ease on down the road, i didn''t like her period, but the tall guy was AWESOME.

when watching the couples, i also found that i was glued to the one that sucked the most and i ended up rewatching just to catch the awesome partner that i missed while being fixiated on the messin'' dancer. that happened with the shane sparks routine. i''m glad i rewatched b/c i realized how awesome her partner was. it was so effortless for him.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 11:26:30 AM
Author: decodelighted
WHERE IS EVERYONE???

I''m DYING to know what you guys thought of the Tivo''d show & then the Results show!!!!

Put your *POSTS* where my eyes can SEE!!!

3.gif
Well.......... first of all I could have done without seeing benji''s patriotism LOL! But I laughed nonetheless....

Second, I was NOT happy about which guy they sent home. I and my husband both thought he was one of the best and loved his solo. Thought the girl they removed was best choice mostly because she really didn''t "dance for her life" and they''re all so good this year its not like last year where they were a few obvious choices to get rid of first. I really wanted to see that girl dancer that had dehydration to be paired with the guy who got eliminated. I HATED who he got paired with - the body types and heights were so so so so wrong and I really saw potential in him to wear several hats and I am pissed they dumped him over the other two. It was fun to see all those people in the audience from the first show. The only dance that caught me that I recall was lacy schwimmer and the guy she was with... I thought she would suck more despite championship titles. They really threw themselves at each other, quite literally and figuratively and that passion cemented that performance as stand out in my mind.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree, i think that''s why they were the ones who went home. plus it didn''t help the judges suspected their departure on wed''s show.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 11:49:11 AM
Author: jcrow
i agree, i think that''s why they were the ones who went home. plus it didn''t help the judges suspected their departure on wed''s show.
she was a bit miss mary sunshine and didn''t dance for anything for her solo despite the fact she was good. I suspect with him there is something else, something we don''t know, like maybe his "weirdness" and "oddness" were just.... beyond or something. I dunno. He didn''t seem that weird, but maybe the edited well LOL

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I watched.

First. I love Hok. LURVE him. PUFFY HEART HIM. The girl he was with (don''t remember her name...it is still early and she might get the boot...too much effort) was alright.

Benji''s Sis was good. So was her dude. Plus, I love SHUT THE FRONT DOOR and I totally plan on working it into my vocab.

The wiz one...ehh, jazzy musical type dance numbers just don''t do it for me. And that dress was not flattering.

I''m glad that kinda odd guy went home. He totally creeped me out...his hair was always so greasy. *shudder*

The first three were the best.

And benji dancing at the results show scareded me. The american flag underwear. The red gloves. The sparklie tie.

Anyway, until further notice, GO HOK!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 10:07:47 PM
Author: littlelysser
Okay, I watched.

First. I love Hok. LURVE him. PUFFY HEART HIM. The girl he was with (don''t remember her name...it is still early and she might get the boot...too much effort) was alright.

Benji''s Sis was good. So was her dude. Plus, I love SHUT THE FRONT DOOR and I totally plan on working it into my vocab.

The wiz one...ehh, jazzy musical type dance numbers just don''t do it for me. And that dress was not flattering.

I''m glad that kinda odd guy went home. He totally creeped me out...his hair was always so greasy. *shudder*

The first three were the best.

And benji dancing at the results show scareded me. The american flag underwear. The red gloves. The sparklie tie.

Anyway, until further notice, GO HOK!
I noticed this about a *lot* of the dancers and dh and I were talking about it... I''m wondering if they put stuff in their hair. Of course he could have been stinky too. There could have been other reasons he got the boot LOL

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
anyone still watching?????

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 5:53:50 PM
anyone still watching?????
I am ... but the 2nd & 3rd weeks haven''t *quite* lived up to the promise of the first IMHO. Still glad to have SOME KINDA DANCE SHOW on during this long, tv-challenged summer.

That was so shocking about Jessie last night -- I hope she''s okay! My cable cr*pped out during the announcement so I didn''t get the whole picture of what happened & all of a sudden Pasha was dancing with Bette Midler?? Say WHA? (Not real Bette Midler. Bette Midler-esque dancing instructor)

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

KAMERON is the cutest man on national television. Bar none. And his partner, the previous winner''s sister whattshername doesn''t annoy me NEARLY as much as I feared she would. She''s actually kinda charming & talented.

SARA & JESUS have the best couple chemistry. They just look perfect together.

SHAWNA & Tyse Diorio''s assistant from last season (can''t remember her name) both bug me for some reason.

ANYA & DANNY are great but they don''t seem that likeable -- so neither will win.

DOMINIC & SAFRA are also great together -- he''s so funny! Love them!

Who else is there?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am! But I''m with deco...the first one really knocked my socks off but these last 2 weeks have just been kind of meh in my opinion. I am disappointed they sent Jimmy (I think that''s his name) home last week instead of Cedric. I knew Cedric would suck again and he did. I think he''s going home tonight.

deco, I''m not sure how much you missed of the announcement about Jessie, but Nigel said she had an EKG done and it wasn''t good. Also, even if Pasha doesn''t get voted to the bottom three, Jessie still has to "dance for her life" tonight. And if she can''t dance tonight she gets cut for good.

Which sucks because I really liked her and Pasha together! They were so good last week, I can''t believe they were in the bottom 3! I managed to vote for Pasha twice last night before the phone lines got busy. Hopefully he''s safe because I''m developing a bit of a crush on him! He just seems a little bit dreamier each week! Hahaha!

I really like Lacey (she''s gorgeous!) and Cameron (also gorgeous!) and Dominic (cute and funny!) and Sabra (beyond gorgeous and so buff!), too. And Jesus and Sara. I guess I have 4 favorites!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
kameron completely reminds me of a dancer i know. it''s so strange to watch him. ha.
i''m suprised at how good jesus is. like i forget about him until he dances.
i was totally upest by who they let go last week. i hope he comes back next season!
dominic was pretty dang good last night. totally had stage presence. sharp lines.
i couldn''t believe that was him on that stage. his partner is good too, though i tend to forget about her too.
i hope jessie is ok too! shocking.
i thought how they handled pasha was good. they didn''t focus one bit on bette middler. i never even saw her face.
the guys this year are pretty good. i didn''t care for the blonde until her solo last week. wow.
love hok.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ack! anyone else STUNNED by the results? sheesh.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
********************************************************SPOILER ALERT**************************************************************

Grrrrr! I''m so irritated with the results tonight! I can''t believe they kept Cedric and Shawna! Cedric sucked and I didn''t think Shawna did that well, either! I do think Jesus gave the weakest performance of the bottom 3 guys, but it still sucks he got sent home before CEDRIC! That''s two good dancers sent home before Cedric!

I think Nigel was right about the girls-none of them impressed me AT ALL in their solo performances. I couldn''t BELIEVE Jessie did such a pointless routine! It was cool but it didn''t show off any of her kicky jumpy dance skills! So I guess I kind of agree with the judges there. I don''t know who I would have picked to go home in her place....I just really liked Pasha and Jessie together! Man, I am way too into this show!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
of the girls though, i though jessie did the best solo! and she left. i wonder if there were underlying reasons?
and it made it even worse when she & pasha did a FANTASTIC job on their routine last night. showed what it was REALLY suppose to look like. and now i''m worried pasha will be sent home b/c his being paired with beat chick girl.
if the judges wouldn''t have SAID cedric was going home so affirmatively wednesday night, he would have actually gone home last night.
and i like cedric, i just think he should have gone home instead of the ease on down the road guy. HE was good. and had a great personality. cedric even said he was ready to go home basically and instead the judges kept him.

i could go on and on....

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 10:30:24 AM
of the girls though, i though jessie did the best solo! and she left. i wonder if there were underlying reasons?

I think there were underlying reasons. I read on one of the SYTYCD forums that there were some medical causes behind her leaving (but who knows whether that was true).

It''s too bad about the good boys going home. I wish that they could just send home 2 girls every week and keep all the boys. This year''s group of boys is SO entertaining.

I really don''t dislike any of the dancers. They are all very impressive to me. It makes me a little sad when any of them go (even when their solos are bad) because I say, "awww...but that dance the other week was SO good."

I can''t wait for next week!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie reminded me of Punky Brewster last night. I have no further comments on this show, but I do enjoy watching it!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I totally luuuuurve this show but unfortunately we don''t get it in the UK til 3/4 months after the US so I''m trying to avoid spoilers. I''ll check it out to see when we get the new series.

I loved Benji, thought he was an amazing dancer and he has such a great smile.

excited now!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Go Danny and Pascha!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I missed a show and I''m totally confused. They sent Faina home in a previous episode? I''m totally confused! I remember her dancing with Cedric and they always said she was amazing and Cedric kept letting her down, so what was the reason for sending Faina home? I''ve read the show recaps, but they don''t say what the judges said. It seems to me that if she had been paired with someone different it would have turned out differently.

I think this season is a little strange. Last season, I always KNEW who they were sending home. This year, I''m all confused. I liked Jessie too, but I think they sent her home because of her health problems. Like if something happens to her the show will get SUED, for pushing the dancers too hard or negligence. I thought she was the best of the girl solos by far.

Anyone else find the noises that Danny was making weird when they announced that Anya and him were in the bottom 3? I don''t know...I couldn''t decide if he was a) laughing/snorting because he thought the americian public vote was ridiculous or b) if he was laughing because he was hysterically nervous. I any case, I thought is was more the laughing because the results were absurd. It made me like him a lot less....i.e I definitely want him gone next.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Faina and Cedric were in the bottom three again and they decided to let Cedric stay because he''s so unique. They sent Faina and Jimmy home that week. I think Faina was just up against better solo performers. They never like the ballroom people''s solos.

I don''t know what was up with Danny laughing. I think it was nerves and shock, probably, but it did make him seem like a jerk.

I wish I knew the scoop on Jessi, too! Her solo wasn''t bad but she definitely didn''t "dance for her life" in my opinion. I think there must be other reasons behind it, too, because she was always very strong in her performances and the judges seem to take that into account when they decide who to kick off.

I can''t wait for next week! I''m loving this show!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this thread...

Hey was it not on this week? I have it set on my TIVO & nothing! Because of the holiday maybe?

I am sooooo peeved about Jessie. That was plain weird. I''d love to know the real story.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 12:24:01 AM
Author: divergrrl
Bumping this thread...

Hey was it not on this week? I have it set on my TIVO & nothing! Because of the holiday maybe?

I am sooooo peeved about Jessie. That was plain weird. I''d love to know the real story.

It wasn''t on because of the holiday.. Letting Jessie go didn''t bother me, it''s that they didn''t tell you WHY. It was just weird for them to say, "Jessie, you won''t be staying with us." and then have no explanation.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH SWEET LORD (of the dance) !!!!!

Finally an episode worth watching! Can you guess which number I replayed like FIVE times?? Hmmmm? Hmmmm? I was gonna tell you & gush about it but now I''m kinda curious if you can GUESS .... which means, hum ... I can''t say much about the episode at all then.
39.gif
(yet)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where my girlzzz at?
From the front to back ... (sigh)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

i''m here! i''m here!

i disagreed with the judges a number of times last night. although cedric was MUCH better, i thought chickie girl was slow. not as faced paced and energy as i would have liked. SAME with pasha routine. not fast enough. not enough energy. maybe i was imagining benji doing the routine and comparing them to him. and i DID NOT like pasha and b-chick paired together. b-chick just doesn''t do it for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i lurvvveeeed the first routine with lacey and whateverherpartneris... i replayed that one a few times, it was so absolutely filled with energy and movement. and i loved the benji/heidi choreography (was anyone else bummed that heidi really got no love in that montage thing???? come on, she was like #3 last year right? loved her!) the routine with pasha and bgirl...and i really liked the end one too with ashley (is that her name?) and the blonde dude...that one was awesome. is it just me or does wade robson always have kind of interesting ''jerky'' choreography for his routines? i love them actually but it seems like sometimes they are kind of similar...just spread out through the season. but yeah those 3 were probably my favorites. the rest were kind of meh. cedric is really out of his element at this point i think, and his blonde partner is not being showcased correctly...they seemed like in slomo compared to lacey and her partner. who else was there?? i''m totally blanking.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh poo, Jcrow ... I LOVED that darn Benji routine. That was BY FAR my fave of the night. The only thing that could have been better about it for me was if Sara pulled a few more hilarious faces (i.e. Benji or Heidi) She kinda just smiled & looked cute about in about 1/2 of the close ups ... where better "performers" would have hammed it the **** up! I thought PASHA did a great Benji-imitation. And the whole thing was just so kicky & fun & SQUEE!!!! What does this series need: MORE BENJI-BELL!!!!!

Okay .. the others:

LACEY & KAMERON -- I freakin love these two. KAM is hot hot hot. The dance was fan-freakin-tastic. BUT -- I worry about them. Bottom three this week perhaps because when there are so many contestants the people in the #1 position just get hosed EVERY TIME. People FORGET about them when it comes time to vote -- no matter how amazing they were. It''s just human nature.

SHAUNA & CEDRIC -- Cedric was Wow Wow Wow -- he was HOOFIN it! Yet, I despise that dull, sleepwalking blondie so much that I don''t see America voting for them. That girl''s face is NUMB. It doesn''t MOVE. She is ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

DOMINIC & SABRE -- Oh I love them too. I just wanna squeeze them. Wasn''t their best night for me & I didn''t really love the choreography (sorry Shane Sparks, you mah doggggg). I think it was more that the slow, chill vibe of this - um - didn''t quite gel. Wasn''t quite believable for me. Didn''t quite look right on them. I would have loved to see this routine done by Anya & Danny ... and Anya & Danny''s routine done by D & S. Hmmmm. At least Nigel got his "couple together at the end" ending he craved.

DANNY & ANYA -- Uh, YEAH -- Danny *is* arrogant, Nigel! America is not gonna like him no matter how Barishnikovian he is. His LAUGHING at being in the bottom three and his "above it all" airs -- blech. LOVE ANYA -- how soon are they gonna change up these partners?? For her sake I hope it''s soon. She''s not a "solo" girl so I don''t know how long she can keep saving herself. The routine ... competent with a whiff of meh. Not as stirring/moving as other contemporary love-lost routines have been.

HOK & CURLYGIRL -- Pretty. Cloying. Pretty again. *shrug* middle of the pack? But will probably be in the bottom three??

LAUREN & CUTE BLONDE DUDE -- Him, I like. Her: annoying. Getting tired of the Roisin Murphy catalogue. Um, note to Wade Robson ... not every dance needs a Michael Jackson Thriller-style "monster walk". Thank You.

Am I missing anyone??

Cedric & Shauna to depart. News at 11.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I loved the Benji and Heidi routine also! It was soooo fun! I wasn''t that excited about Sara being with Pasha (because I LOVED Pasha and Jessi together) but Sara did impress me.

I also LOVED Lacey and Kameron. They look so good together, and is it just me, or does Kameron get HOTTER every week?! Yum!

Dominic and Sabre were adorable as always, but I wasn''t that crazy about the routine, either. It was kind of a snooze fest.

Danny and Anya were okay, but I agree with Deco and the guest judge guy-Danny is terribly arrogant! How can Nigel not see that?! I just want to smack the smirk off Danny''s face! Ugh. I love Anya, though. She''s so talented and she seems really fun. Plus she''s gorgeous-although thank GOD she''s not blonde anymore! Yuck!

Hok and Jamie-meh. I like Hok but last night was just whatevs for me. I know it''s a boring waltz but I really loved the waltz when Jessi and Pasha did it so I think Hok and Jamie just didn''t bring it enough.

Cedric and Shawna just look terrible together. Maybe it''s that they have such a height discrepancy? I just don''t like them together at all. I don''t know...I do think Cedric stepped up his game a lot, but he''s still not as good as the other boys there. And I just plain don''t like Shawna for no real reason.

Lauren and Neil: cool routine, but I also thought it was really similar to the cool hobo routine Jesus and Sara did. They nailed it, though, that''s for sure. I just don''t really like them that much. I think Wade Robson is a little bit of a dream boat, though.

I think the bottom three is going to be Cedric and Shawna, Hok and Jamie and Danny and Anya. I hope Cedric and Shawna go home, though. Even though I can''t stand Danny he is an amazing dancer!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 11:30:41 AM
Author: decodelighted
SHAUNA & CEDRIC -- Cedric was Wow Wow Wow -- he was HOOFIN it! Yet, I despise that dull, sleepwalking blondie so much that I don''t see America voting for them. That girl''s face is NUMB. It doesn''t MOVE. She is ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
I have to run so I only have time for one comment now, but I had a feeling that they would be giving this group props this week BECAUSE they want them to be blendy and not get the sympathy vote. I don''t like either of them. The girl always looks like a pole dancer to me and cedric is a one trick puppy that should focus so much on that one trick he actually creates a new genre of dance - but he should go back to dance 101 on everything else. At his best he''s mediocre at those. Hopefully he''ll take debbie allen up on her offer :D

My two favorites are gone... Ricky and Jessie. Both of them were weird and she seemed to have issues (her first bottom 3 she kinda lost it).... but she was very good.

I love pasha - and him being a computer geek made me like him even more LOL Sara gets prettier every week, she has a great body - usually hidden under the jeans and hoodies. Lacey is very good and I always get a kick out of seeing Benji. I thought they did his routine pretty well for NON swing dancers. The schwimmer family are the leaders of west coast swing, no one can do it like they can LOL But I thought the couple did it pretty well considering...

Lauren "misha" bugs the CRAP out of me. she''s pretty good but... bugs me.

Last one for now... I thought the guest hosts comments about that other guy - forget his name (danny??) but he was the one he called arrogant and always above everyone else like he won the competition and nigel was very rude and said he was eating crap or something and the guy just didn''t have the magic....... well....... I thought they were BOTH right. He DOES come off as arrogant and above it all, I thought so since day one. It is in part the ballet training but he raises his chin TOO much and instead of being regal as royalty he acts invincible as godly. Bugs me. AND he has no magic. Both.

Cedric has to go this week... and his partner can too for all I care.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 10:55:54 AM
Author: Mara
i lurvvveeeed the first routine with lacey and whateverherpartneris... i replayed that one a few times, it was so absolutely filled with energy and movement. and i loved the benji/heidi choreography (was anyone else bummed that heidi really got no love in that montage thing???? come on, she was like #3 last year right? loved her!) the routine with pasha and bgirl...and i really liked the end one too with ashley (is that her name?) and the blonde dude...that one was awesome. is it just me or does wade robson always have kind of interesting ''jerky'' choreography for his routines? i love them actually but it seems like sometimes they are kind of similar...just spread out through the season. but yeah those 3 were probably my favorites. the rest were kind of meh. cedric is really out of his element at this point i think, and his blonde partner is not being showcased correctly...they seemed like in slomo compared to lacey and her partner. who else was there?? i''m totally blanking.
Yes!! Think of Michael Jackson''s Thriller video. If I remember correctly Michael Jackson brought Wade over from Australia when he was a boy and worked with him. I think he was a possible witness during that molestation case a couple years ago. Wade said nothing ever happened between the two of them.

On another note...

I think Danny is one of the most beautiful dancers I have ever seen. He is so powerful and graceful at the same time. I think Lacey has an annoying personality, but is very expressive. I can''t help but liking Dominic because he''s from my hometown...he''s so funny!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results