shape
carat
color
clarity

So You Think You Can DANCE returns

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
DANNY IS NOT ARROGANT??? I was floored that Nigel was defending him. He SO thinks he is above this. I can see him entering this as a joke, like "I''m so going to win money in this worthless competition" I want him gone so bad. Last week it was the whole snorting when he was at the bottom 3 and this week when he said he was "So surprised" to be the bottom 3. I find him really arrogant. And really unlikeable.

I think that Hok and Cedric will be in the bottom 3, and I have no idea which one the judges will send home. As for the girls, I haven''t a clue. Although I do think that a guy is going to win the whole thing. It''s always a guy on this show, and right now I would vote for Dominique. In the first show, I detested him. I thought he reminded me too much of a rat, but he''s grown on me (same thing happened with Benji last year).

And poor Heidi! I thought they should have mentioned her WAAY more then that. It was all focused on Benji (and I love him) but Heidi is his partner and probably swing champion this year too. I thought she deserved a little more recognition then a brief mention by Cat.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I''m chiming in rather late here...I haven''t been able to watch as much of this season as I''d have liked.
Last night''s show was just kindof "meh." I really am not sold on Anya at all, but we''ll see.
My bigger issue was with Hillary Duff. Did she look like she was going to cry/puke the whole time during her performance? I usually don''t even watch the musical guests, because they are generally awful, but I caught this one. I don''t know if she was bored, sick, or what, but it was a bit disturbing. Maybe she was hungry.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i predicted bottom six and the ones to go home last night. i think it was a good move/decision.

i REALLY wish they'd switch up partners. i think that would suddenly show people's strengths & weaknesses.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Patience Jcrow...partners will switch soon! That''s always fun!

feathers

Rough_Rock
I am mostly a lurker enjoying all the bling on this site, but I just have to delurk and show some Danny love.

It saddens me that Danny gives his 100% every week and yet his and Anya's performance is overshadowed by the judges' comments on his alleged arrogance. I am not sure if you are as obsessive as me about SYTYCD, but I have read many reports from people who went to the tapings and they all reported that Danny is a goof and gets along very well with the other dancers. Obviously SYTYCD is a reality show and the producers are interested in getting ratings, but the whole thing just seems so unnecessary. If the judges thought he was not connecting to the audience, they could have said just that...instead the Hairspray guest judge had to say 'arrogance', 'dancing above it all'. Even though the judge admitted that he was talking crap and retracted his comment after he worked with Danny, the damage was done. A lot of people don't watch the Thursday show and the voting was done.

This portion of a message posted on IDF by one of Danny's former dance teachers just about broke my heart.

He loves his adopted mother for all she has done for him and is very appreciative of everything that has come his way. He does not look back at all he had to go through to become the man he is--- Is that arrogance? I don't think so. He is comfortable in his skin. BUT, he will always have a shield around him in case, just in case he gets hurt.

For someone with a difficult childhood, Danny sure seems strong to be standing on the stage taking personal attack on his personality.

In case you can't tell
41.gif
, I love Danny's dancing and I have been looking forward to seeing him on the show ever since the rumour had it that he was trying out earlier this year. Actually I wanted to see him dance ever since someone posted “Travis Wall is Danny Tidwell's brother? Now I have more respect for the guy (Travis).” during SYTYCD2.
3.gif

Anyways, I should also show some love for the other dancers.
1.gif
I think they are all talented and enjoy their dancing, although I wish Hok was a bit more versatile. The hummingbird/flower routine was AMAZING but I don't think he can partner...haven't seen a lift from him yet.

Happy SYTYCD watching!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
What did you all think of tonight?

Still in awe with Danny here!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay ... no spoilers but did anyone catch the BLING on the show tonight??? Cat Deely was wearing the most gorgeous haloed pear leverback dangles ... and Mary Murphy seemed to be wearing a big pave dome-ish engagement ring?? Don''t get me started on the Cat''s mirror finish Mary Jane stilettos!! Not so sure about the grandma corsage in her hair but ... whatEvah.

Anyhoo ... I''m not particularly upset by tonight''s results ...

Anyone else watch?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
feathers - i completely agree. i super heart danny (and neil, but anyay... )
i''m suprised by how pulled together he each each week. and i took his "arrogance" for complete and utter hard work and talent upon his part. something he found that he could do and do well. people just don''t dance like that, that easily. i mean wow.
30.gif

so i watched last nights show right before tonights and i.didn''t.want.it.to.end. yowza!
i loved so many of the dances!!!

deco - i didn''t notice the shoes or the earrings, but i couldn''t get past cat''s necklace o bling rama
23.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, what was going on with Cat''s hair?

Jcrow, yep, I agree with you about Danny.

I liked Jaime and was sad to see her go.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I am bumping this thread in hopes that others on here are still watching....I love reading all of your reviews!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m still watching!!

i still heart danny. followed by neil. followed by dominic should GO HOME. (then pasha to go home)
top girl for me is sabra. followed by laci. followed by lauren/sara should GO HOME.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too! Still watching ...

This year is really tough for me ... fewer people I ACTIVELY want to go home! I really adore Sara & Lacey & Dominic & Neil & Sabre ... intellectually know Danny is a fine dancer but don''t really dig his personality ... and Pasha is a little too stiff for me, but charming ... so Lauren is the only superMEH in my book.

LAST NIGHT

Okay -- who else did not "get" that flower father/daughter number. Boo Hoo Blah Blah Blah. "Most beautiful thing I''ve seen ... ever." SAY WHA? I dunno ... it was okayISH but HARDLY the bees knees. Puh-leease.

"You''ve been Punked by Wardrobe" -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so TRUE! Why do I think Danny''s been putting on airs backstage or something. What else could explain that hilarious gettup they had those poor two kids in??? Seseme Street!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

All in all a pretty good night IMO ... but no dance routine I rewound to play again. There haven''t been many of those this year (Hip Hop to Tamborine w/Hok ... Swing choreographed by Benji with Sara & Pasha ... Maybe the "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" group number by Wade too but that''s about it.)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 2:52:46 PM
Author: decodelighted
Me too! Still watching ...

This year is really tough for me ... fewer people I ACTIVELY want to go home! I really adore Sara & Lacey & Dominic & Neil & Sabre ... intellectually know Danny is a fine dancer but don''t really dig his personality ... and Pasha is a little too stiff for me, but charming ... so Lauren is the only superMEH in my book.

LAST NIGHT

Okay -- who else did not ''get'' that flower father/daughter number. Boo Hoo Blah Blah Blah. ''Most beautiful thing I''ve seen ... ever.'' SAY WHA? I dunno ... it was okayISH but HARDLY the bees knees. Puh-leease.

''You''ve been Punked by Wardrobe'' -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so TRUE! Why do I think Danny''s been putting on airs backstage or something. What else could explain that hilarious gettup they had those poor two kids in??? Seseme Street!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

All in all a pretty good night IMO ... but no dance routine I rewound to play again. There haven''t been many of those this year (Hip Hop to Tamborine w/Hok ... Swing choreographed by Benji with Sara & Pasha ... Maybe the ''Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See'' group number by Wade too but that''s about it.)
oh that is so funny about "misha" I mean lauren. I can''t STAND her!!!!! I like Dominic okay but would be fine to see him go at this point. He''s a little smarmy sometimes. I love neil overall the most maybe - he''s got it all. Danny is somewhat superior dancer (it really all does come down to that amazing center - its true) but he does nothing for me in the charm dept. I do like pasha but I just don''t think he''s AS good as neil. I like sara more and more every week, she really is far more versitile than I ever imagined she''d be. She''s never disappointing. Lacey - he nailed it last night - she''s always performing to the audience. Benji and Heidi have been trained to do the same, and for some numbers its fine and for others.... like sexy numbers... they''re right, she should focus in on what is on the stage. I think lauren is a fine dancer but she bugs the snot out of me. Sabra is a dynamo AND a charm. Like a pixie!

All in all this year I''ve been disappointed several times by whom they''ve chosen. Last year it was almost predictable and I kinda liked that. My husband is still pissed they cut ricky at the first show LOL And his other fav was whatshername the hummingbird with curly red hair. He doesn''t even want to watch it now and sometimes will get up and do other things LOL Lately I just watch it alone. Yeah the swing by benji is one of my favs, last year there were a few that I loved, like the one with heidi and musa where he bongoed on her bottom LOL

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I know I have never posted on this thread before with my review, but I love reading all your reviews, so I figured I would post mine....

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED last nights show. Lacey and Pasha''s hip hop was too fun. Pasha looked really good. I like that nerdy look :). I want to not like Lacey because I think she is dumb (or maybe just young?), but she was very good. I like dances with a story. She was very “in” character. Their second routine was good, too (the smooth waltz), but it seemed as though Lacey should have arched her back more? I am not sure though.

I wanted to like Lauren and Danny''s Contemporary, really I did. But I just did not love it and did not see the rave the judges were giving it. My DH did like it though and said it seemed really hard and they performed well. I still love Mia Michaels of course….Did anyone notice that Lauren was smiling a lot (thru both dances)? It just bothered me for some reason….Their second routine was Disco and it was ok…

I LOVE Sabra!!! And Sabra and Neil together!! Wow! It was like 2 gymnasts. I think Neil was a gymnast and Sabra has a gymnast’s physique. Neil has really grown on this show. I did not like him in the beginning and he seemed so timid when he was first paired with Lauren. I thought he may have batted for the other team, but now I am not so sure. He seems more muscular now, too. His leap over the table was very cool. Their Paso Doble was amazing. They both looked great and the donut was amazing and unexpected. I just can’t say it enough that Sabra has only been dancing for 4 years.

Pasha’s solo was very weird with the mannequin --- why was the mannequin necessary? Weird.

Oh, and by the way, last week I developed a slight crush for Dominic – he was too cute dancing in the chair. He has a great personality…

M

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it''s on TONIGHT!!!!! anyone watching???

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I watched! I watched!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I watched. I thought it was eery with no audience....

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i started watching this cuz i was bummed dancing with the stars was over and got sucked in. fun to watch, except i seriously can''t stand cat deely. am i the only one who thinks her questions and comments are inane?
20.gif

o/w the dancing is great and i haven''t seen yesterdays episode yet so i''m glad there was no spoiler here!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh i don''t care for cat either. the first host was much better.

Pupper

Rough_Rock
didnt watch it the first season so i dont know about the other host but Cat seems genuinely fond of the dancers, "motherly" even, which is kinda nice.

i LUV my "dancy" show (as i call it). i preferred last season tho; they had such personality. me & esp hubby luved Allison best (tho travis, nat, benji & heidi were also great). this season, i miss Jaime: she was so beautiful to watch, graceful, strong, classy.

is Lacey the only one left that''s never been in the bottom couples? she has entertainment in her blood that one, she''s born to be on the stage...

who does everyone think is going to win? ...perhaps it''s too close to call til after Wedsy''s show?
35.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

tonight''s show?
A M A Z I N G!!! freakin amazing. it took me oh, about 3 hours to watch it cause i kept rewinding to rewatch!!!
don''t want to give away spoilers, but i loved the fox song. it was beautiful - music wise. not that the dancing wasn''t, but i loved the song!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
jcrow, do you vote? I only vote when I feel really really strongly about someone. I''ve been a big fan of Lacey, but Sabra and Danny were both so good, I just couldn''t pick someone to vote for!
15.gif
Neil is the only one who doesn''t really do it for me...good dancer, just doesn''t excite me.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
no, i''ve never voted. but i LOVE the show!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results